Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

All flash and glam: white wine, heliotrope, d’Anjou pear, and lotus.

So...I have never had an affinity towards sweet and/or fruity scents. I usually leave that for my sis...and honestly..lotus and I..well..we tend to have a bit of a strained relationship..to the point that if lotus is in the blend my first reaction is basically :evil:

I had an imp of Glitter..figured I would give it a try and do my review. So..I try it on..start to formulate my opinions and wouldn't you know..I lose my freaking imp... :D. How on earth am I ever supposed to figure out whether I like it or not??? Worse..I had the silly imp and now I have LOST it..darn.

But wouldn't you know...it has resurfaced again...YYYAAAYYY!!! :D SO..that means I can now review and move on.

This was a frimp compliments of the Lab from early 2005..thank you for your neverending generosity Labbies.. :D

Initial sniff from imp: :D..argh...it's super SWEET...wow can I smell that lotus..and it's a loud bubblegum at that. Wet pear is in the back..and I don't know if I am smelling/registering the alcohol note..but it's sweet, sweet, sweet.

Applied wet on skin:The lotus gorilla is basically clubbing me to death..but I am getting the pear note too..so although this clearly NOT what I am used to wearing for myself....it isn't bad. If you love sweet and fruity you would go GA-GA over this. It kind of reminds me of Stardust without the Aquanet, tobacco flower, or champagne fizz. Now I happen to likeStardust ..so right now this Glitter isn't too bad. Not my cup of tea..but not terrible either.

Couple of minutes on skin:Lotus has softened a bit..so my lotus gorilla seems a bit more relaxed..this is basically the strongest note I get..along with the sweetness of a fruit..which I get is wet pear. It's kind of juicy and definitely sweet..I almost get a whiff of Smarties wwwwayy in the back of my throat if I whiff deeply.

Drying on skin:Same notes..softened considerably is the lotus..so now what I am registering is basically the Smarties with the lotus in the back...hmmm...it's not bad at all actually.

Drydown:Sweetness...like those powdered candy straws...that's what is left on my skin..with a touch of the pear...lotus is in the back..and very muted...maybe that is what is the candy sweetness???No bubblegum..just candy powdered straws..with flavors like cherry and grape..kind of sour but sweet too??? Anybody know what I am talking about here???? :P

Throw on me is actually medium. Lasting power..a good 4+hours.

Bottom Line:Glitter is actually a great fragrance for those who love sweet and fruity. It's not my cup of tea but I actually could see layering it over a glitter body gel I have from B/BW...it's sparkling raspberry and Glitter over it would give it some depth. To me Glitter is definitely a spring to summer fragrance. I don't love it..but I respect what it is evoking. I have Stardust so I just might give this one away if my sis decided to pass.

straight sniff from bottle is sweet, sparkling wet pear :P

once applied this gets somewhat of a citrus edge...almost tangerine or

grapefruit...then the heliotrope and lotus swirl into this mixture making

it beautiful and elegant while being terribly fun...a very pretty perfume

and the name fits perfectly :D

i ordered an imp of glitter and found it a glamorous scent, yet really fruity. and it does remind me of juicy fruit gum or some kind of fruity bubble gum. ive only wore it once or twice though because im not really into heavy fruity scents, but it is a delicious scent nonetheless.

Oh my god.. this was an impulse purchase.. it was so under the radar on my list that it didnt even exist there until it got resurrected and I read these reviews. I decided I had to have it.

In the bottle: Pear, bubblegum and a very sweet candylike note

On the skin: Oh woooooow. Bubblegum and sugar! That lotus amps huge and the bubblegum comes flinging forward and takes over.

On drydown: Sweet, slightly boozy bubblegum.. and I am detecting a slight sweet floral in the far far background. This is AMAZING.

I am in :P

Wet on my skin, all I can smell is a fruity, candyish sweetness. After it dries, Glitter turns into a fun, fruity, juicy, and slightly boozy smell. I'm so glad this came back so I could try it!

The description of Glitter sounded so perfect. I love pears, I love white wine. I didn't get either of those. I didn't even get the bubblegum that most reviewers mentioned. No, I got citronella. As in mosquito repellant. :P Gak.

Why, Glitter, why?

The description of Glitter sounded so perfect. I love pears, I love white wine. I didn't get either of those. I didn't even get the bubblegum that most reviewers mentioned. No, I got citronella. As in mosquito repellant. :D Gak.

Why, Glitter, why?

I got citronella too. :D I so wanted a nice juicy pear scent. And then, within a few minutes of putting it on, it disappeared completely. My skin just sucked it up with nary a trace to be had. :P

I didn't get any of the candy-bubblegum scent that everyone else seemed to. To me, this was a fruity white wine, very boozy. I felt like I could get drunk breathing my wrists. The florals came out at the end, but for the most part, this was a soft pear scent DRENCHED in white wine.

Oh, and by the way, I totally loved it! :P I'm so glad it was resurrected and that I bought two bottles.

OMG! :P

This is so lovely. Really sweet, sugary, sparkling and juicy scent. My 5ml of glitter arrived yesterday and I just ordered another bottle 'cause this is one of my favourites. Girly and pretty scent and it's name is just perfect for it.

I got to sniff Glitter a long time ago at a meet 'n' sniff (thanks to blood*rose*flowers), and I remember it smelling fruitier and more candy-like than my bottle. Maybe it's because it was aged? In any case, I need to put my 5ml aside and re-test it in a couple of months, because right now it smells like citrus dish soap on me. :P

In the bottle: fruity bubblegum… if I go on sniffing really hard, I get some wine from time to time.

On my skin: sparkling fruit… I can't really explain, it makes me think of glitter (indeed) and champagne (although it doesn't smell like champagne). It's quite refreshing and very joyful. It makes me think of Stardust, there's the same seventies and festive feel in both of them.

After a couple of hours: still fruity, pear is distinctively showing up at last.

Verdict: thumbs up!

In the vial: this reminds me of fermented pears.

Wet: still fermented pears.

Dry: after about an hour this blend blossomed into the scent of lovely, fresh ripe pears. Not a favorite, but I'm happy that I got to try it.

Resurrected! (How could I resist a name like Glitter? Even with pear?)

In the bottle: Fruity bubblegum! Mmmm.

Wet: Holy crap, this smells just like Dubble Bubble on me, which must be the lotus. Like, exactly. I just went to ask my brother what he thought and he said "Dubble Bubble!" too. Weird! I like it, though.

Drydown: The bubblegum smell mellows out a little bit, letting a little bit of the pear through, which - surprisingly! - I also like. This is really lovely. Then again, I'm a big fan of anything that screams "SUGAR!" anyway. And this most certainly does. I only get a little tiny bit of an alcoholic note, and I can tell that there's heliotrope there, but I can't really smell it. It just adds more "wheeee sweet!" to the scent.

Verdict: This fades fairly quickly, but it's really gorgeous. Hardly any throw, which is normal per me + BPAL, but...yum! I'm so glad I took a risk and ordered this.

In the bottle: pear

Wet on skin: citrus! Where did the citrus come from? Is it an unlisted note? Very bubbly and sweet - it's reminding me of soda. A particularly bubbly and citrusy soda (not Sprite or 7-up, maybe closer to Mello Yello).

Dry on skin: The citrus notes keeps coming and going. At times, it's all I can smell. Then it will fade away, revealing this soft sweet pear/heliotrope combination.

Overall: It's like Glitter has 2 personalities. There's the bubbly Lemon Pledge and Mello Yello combination, and then there's the soft pear and heliotrope. I adore both, but I wish it was all pear and heliotrope all the time. I never get an alcohol scent from it. Overall, very nice. :P

In the imp: effervescent grapey-peary-lotus bubblegum.

On me, wet: sugary-sharp lemon-citrus. *Really* sweet-sharp. Dear god.

On me, dry: hmm, what does this remind me of... ah, mosquito-repellant! That same antiseptic citrusy sharpness.

Verdict: Nope. Just.. nope. From the notes, I thought it might be somewhat like Thalia, but alas. I guess I will stick with Thalia.

when smelling this in the bottle, my friend said "this one's definitely for you." I agreed -- in the vial it's fruity and bright.

on me, though, the lotus turns into bubblegum (yet again!), with a boozy background. I guess it's not for me after all!

Edited by Nightbird

I happily just received my 5ML of Glitter after having obsessed over my nearly empty imp for about a year.

Well, whatever it is, this is not the Glitter I was expecting. I got the same lemon citronella scent many other people did. Was there a component change or something?

So yeah. No sweet, sparkling candy and juice like last time. Just cheap, chemical lemons.

Edited by Ren

I too got lemons from this and had to double check the description. Unfortunately my skin amps lemon past the point of no return and I end up smelling like I bathed in Pledge. It would be perfect for a summer day I think however because of how bright it is.

Oh no... where is the pear? Where is the lotus? I love these things, and they are nowhere to be found. :P I get the lemon note too, but not so much citronella. I smell powdered cherry kool-aid, before you add water and sugar, all sharp and biting.

Still, I'm not ready to let go of it. I'll try it again eventually.

This makes me happy to sniff in the vial. Wearing it on, however... hmm. I'm not sure what to make of it! I've been obsessed with finding a bottle due to my quick little swipe test, but now I'm not so sure.

Mello Yello is SO accurate it's scary. Then again, I can also get the hair spray AND the mosquito repellant.

Fortunately for me, it dries down to sugared pears. I'm not sure how much I want a bottle of this anymore, but I still really enjoy it. Even the odd middle stages are fun and evocative of the name- well, mosquito repellant isn't exactly glittery, but you know what I mean. I like it.

Mmmm...sweet, fruity, cut through with sparkling effervecense. Not something I would wear every day, but definitely a fun happy party-in-a-bottle sort of scent that is perfect for a pick up on a gloomy day or a fun flirty day on the town.

I like this; it feels a little simpler than some of the other BPALs I've been trying lately. I get a strong scent of white wine in the bottle and on first application, but that dissipates very quickly into a sort of hard-edged pear, and the whole rapidly becomes a very lively, sophitisticated white fruity scent. Keeper.

4/5