Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

GLITTER: All flash and glam: white wine, heliotrope, d'Anjou pear, and lotus.

In Bottle: Floral Bubblegum.

On Skin: I’m thinking heliotripe must be the bubble gum note, because every scent I have that has heliotrope in it smells like gum. I can smell the floral note of the lotus, but I’m not smelling the wine or pear sadly. Pear is one of my favorite scents and the reason I got Glitter. After an hour, all I smell is floral bubblegum still.

Oh this is a fun one! Smells like fruity bubble gum, not heavy or overly sweet, just bubble gum that dries down to a softly sweet slightly lemony scent. Fresh and sweet and happy. LOL! This scent is NOT me at all, but I DO like it. It vaguely reminds me of some scent i wore in the 80's but I can't name it at present. Is it heliotrope or lotus that smells like bubble gum? anyone? It softens even more and I smell the eine, very much a light white though and maybe the pear peaks around but is not at all dominant. This is a playful scent and yes, it reminds me of candy and silly girls who all line up to dance at the disco :P

Mmm, sweet and bubbly from the imp.

On this smells like bubblegum? Must be the lotus, as it dries down though, it becomes wonderful. The wine and pear come out, they smell absolutely divine. :P

This is a hot summer night scent, it will be perfect for the coming season. :D

My friend E, on sniffing the imp, "Hm, sweet. Too sweet. Oh, I know, it smells like raver candy!"

And in the imp, it really does.

This is the first scent with lotus that's worked on me, usually the lotus amps up to bubblegum sweetness; for example, Paris is nothing but sticky sweet lotus with a vague memory of lavender and spice hiding somewhere in the background. Oddly enough, though, this is less sweet on than in the imp. I get a light almost citrus scent from the wine and pear, and the heliotrope and lotus add a soft sweetness behind that.

It's like... a lemon candy scent that isn't actually lemon or candy. But that same sort of feel to it. I think it would be lovely on scorching hot days. A keeper, but probably not a big bottle for now since it sort of fills the same mental niche as the Dormouse for me.

In the bottle: Bubble Gum

Wet on my skin: Still bubble gum, thinking of washing it off.

After about an hour: Very interesting, on me this is Christian Dior's Poison.

Overall: Not bad, but knew too many people that wore Poison back in the day. Not really for me. On to the next!

In the bottle: I have to concur with the "bubblegum accord" people are talking about. I think it's a mixture of Beth's pear note, and an unusually undistinctive heliotrope. (Far, far from the powdery-vanillaic-almondy scent I'm use to from my beloved heliotrope note... this just adds a sweet layer of powderyness.)

Wet: Wow, fruity. The grape note in the wine takes center stage and is complemented by the pear. I think there is a floral in here adding some small depth to the mix, but it remains far, far in the background. This is sweet on me, a llittle too uncomplicatedly so.

Dry: Ah, hello wine note. Beth's wine notes never quite work on me... a feral scent starts appearing in fragrances that I'm not sure really should have one. Until I conferred with a friend who also swore she smelled something animalaic in Beth's wine note (grape plus civet, perhaps?) I would have been convinced my nose was just being loopy. It's definitely here on my skin entertwined with the grape, and overpowering most of the pear.

Hmm.. I really don't love or detest this one. I've learned in the past anything with Beth's wine note in it really isn't going to work on me, but it's very strong in this, so for people whose skin chemistry reacts positively to it, it might be a good scent to try. Looking beyond the wine note, I still think that this scent is a little too one sided and "kiddie" for my tastes.

I liked this in the same way I liked Lolita. Very sparkly, very girly. A very positive, happy smell. Too happy for me, unfortunately.

Glitter:

Wet: This reminds me of candy. I bet it's the pear, since pear is used as a flavoring in a -lot- of artificial flavors.

Drydown: Still very sweet, with an underlying dryness/spicyness that I can't quite put my finger on. The scent loses a lot of its oomph! here, and fades a bit.

Longterm wear: Glitter fades considerably with my body chemistry. I could've loved it, but it was devoured by my scent-hungry skin, it seems. :P

First of all: Glitter smells good. Really, really good. On me, at least.

Imp: Did I mention this smells REALLY good? It smells rather candyish, but I can kinda pick out the pear, lotus, heliotrope, and...white grape juice? Must be the wine.

Wet: Caaaaaaaandy! Still, good smelling candy.

Dry: I...I think I just orgasmed. This smells DIVINE. On me, it's complex and sweet and juicy. The grape juice (I know, wine, but it smells like grape juice on me.) and pear just SPARKLE. Soooo good.

Unfortunately, as with the previous poster, this fades REALLY fast on me. A half an hour to an hour and it's GONE. I wish there was a way to make it stay longer because this is heaven in a bottle.

I will be requiring a large bottle of this because I love it enough to reapply it every hour. So yummy.

On the surface, this smells like bubblegum. Pink, tooth-achingly sweet bubblegum. Underneath the bubblegum façade (which is the lotus, I believe) is the dry white wine and heliotrope. No pear yet, but I’m not missing it. The heliotrope and lotus are lovely enough on their own!

Glitter

In the imp: light, sweet florals and fruits. No doubt lotus, heliotrope and pear.

Wet on skin: sweeeeet!!! This smells like a sweet shop! Pear drops and bubble gum and wine gums! Yummy!

Dry on skin: now the smell is more defined and refined. There's a sparkling tartness from the wine (champagne!) and the pear adds a nice juiciness, I think the lotus and heliotrope adds to it. It's light, sweet and glitzy.

After a while: the wine becomes drier and crisper without being sharp, boozy or 'cheap and chavvy' lol and the lotus is distinctive as a background note, which gets more and more prominent as time goes on.

Verdict: this is so sweet and light, it's perfect for summer. It's got the lovely lotus which adds it's delicate sweetness to a crisp white wine note with juicy pear. It's sweet without being sickly, it's an effervescent, playful and girly sweetness, and it really does sparkle. This would be perfect to wear when I go to Chessington (a UK theme park) tomorrow…since Carnavale Noir isn't out yet, and I don't have Midway, so this is the next best thing, because it smells so FUN!

Edited by yeahbutnobut

Oof - whoa, mega-grape!

I can see why people like this oil - it's definitely flashy and fruity. But it's way too sweet and loud for me - the grape and what I think is the lotus just knock me over. Lotus always goes super sweet on me, though, so I'm not really surprised. Chalk this one up to adventures with skin chemistry, but Glitter must find a new home.

In the imp this smells like bubblegum. When first on it has a lemon menthol note. It is light and sparkling. After a couple of minutes I can smell the pear. This is just too sweet for me and is being swapped.

Glitter, you wicked little trickster.

Yesterday I smelled the imp and got happy pear yummy goodness.

Today I smell that awesome bubblegum... and no pear.

:P

On me, it goes straight up sweet gum.

It also fades really fast.

I like the smell, just not on me.

I'd offer it out for swap but I want to pass it on to another foody lover who might dig it, but will get a kick out of it for the name.

Alas, not my fruit scent I was hoping for.

First sniff: Whoa pear. Soaked in liquor. But it’s a soft scent – not in strength, but in feeling. It’s a drapey, flowy evening gown.

Wearing: Oh, that’s just wrong. How can a drapey, flowy evening gown turn into pear-flavoured bubblegum when it hits my skin? :P

Glitter went straight to smelling like baby powder on my skin. I tried wearing it for two days but I believe that lotus and my body chemistry just aren't seeing eye to eye.

Glitter

Mmm juicy and sweet. Wet, it smells like fruit punch, and I like it! After about 5 minutes the lotus starts to come out a bit, and for some reason Glitter starts to smell like some sort of cleaning product. Pledge maybe? Pledge is such a cliché comparison, but that’s really what it’s starting to smell like!

The lotus is almost gone, but so is the sweet juiciness. I smell lemon wine. It’s not as “Pledgey” as I had originally thought it would be, but it’s not fabulous. This would be another nice one for summer.

First Sniff:

Juicy sweet pears that sparkle and shine. I get nothing but sparkling pear from this.

Wet:

Juicy Fruit is gonna move ya! Chews so soft, it gets right to ya! Juicy Fruit, the taste the taste the taste is gonna mooooove yaaaaa! So in other words, it smells like Juicy Fruit gum.

Drydown:

That overwhelming Juicy Fruit scent is gone but there's a lingering sweetness that's a bit cloying. It reminds me a lof of Endymion's drydown actually but the pear is more pronounced, there's nothing holding it back unlike Endymion.

Aftermath:

Very sweet and lovely but I can't imagine buying and using up a bottle. However it does make me feel quite girly and is fantastic for moments when you just want to be happy. This is very much a happy scent.

Glitter - yay, freebies!

On me: Bubblegum at first sniff, and stays that way. After a while, it turns into lemony fresh bubblegum - where did that come from? :P

Anyway, it's kinda fun! I don't think it will replace my beloved Jailbait, though. :D

Hey, I like this!

It must be the white wine and heliotrope -- those are the things that I liked in Fae, but without the licoricey tone that the peach took on, in that blend.

Yes indeed, heliotrope is pretty groovy. It really has this shimmer to it -- slightly cherry like, but REAL cherry actually makes my head swim and my stomach turn as a scent. However, heliotrope has all of that shimmery sweet cherry feeling without the bad stuff. The white wine adds a dignified, grapey touch -- I don't drink but if I did, I'd drink something like this.

I don't care for lotus, and it does have a bubblegummy quality to it but it doesn't come through too loudly in this, for me. It just keeps it aloft and swimming in a sort of giddy haze. I can't imagine liking this outside of summertime, but I'm really into bright scents like this right now. I'll probably keep this in rotation during the warm months!

glitter.jpg

Reminds me of Jailbait in the bottle, brash, unsophisticated, and raw. I was expecting Kandy. The drydown didn't produce anything beside a sweet old fashioned scent which would have been at home on your granny's dressing table. Maybe your granny was a real hell raiser in her youth, but the drydown is so sedate I have a hard time believing it is the same stuff which I sniffed wet.

I was really hoping this would be Jailbait's sister, but it is nice. Just because I don't consider it a cutting edge fragrance doesn't mean it is without merit. It is just that the wet phase is so very different from the dry. I did like the pear smell, that is unique and it does all blend together seamlessly. So perhaps it will be a sleeper on me. If it is I will return and write it up.

Edited by olympia301

Bubble gum, bubble gum and yet more bubble gum :D . Although that's not entirely true, around half an hour in there are background hints of the white wine and the heliotrope, but they're not around for very long, although they do add interest whilst they are their. As someone who loves the smell of bubble gum, I really like this blend :P .

I definitely get the bubble gum that everyone else is referring to. I wish it smelled as "sparkly" on as it does in the vial, however, this is a very pretty blend.

I bought this for the d'Anjou pear, and it doesn't disappoint. I also recently realized that I am a fan of lotus with my skin chemistry. So all in all, I am very happy that I got a chance to try this one. It is sweet without being overly cloying, and the perfect combination of fruity and floral. A nice light summer scent.

Glitter for me was, as others have noted, candylicious!

I got sweet tarts, bubble gum, and those powdery dual-colored lollies from it, as well as the scent of toys I had when I was a kid---like the Strawberry Shortcake dolls.

This is definitely not something I'd reach for every day, and the lotus keeps it from being something that I'd wear out (lotus gets weird on my skin) but it's so evocative of childhood that I've got to keep it around for days when I need a little regressing.

I finally tried my imp of Glitter today, figured I'd best give it a test since it's now discontinued (to see if I love it and should start crying, lol). When I first applied Glitter, it had a sparkling sort of fruit smell. Lovely pear. I can see why it was called glitter. Then it kind of smells like powdery sweet tarts before quickly launching into that lotus bubblegum smell that my skin seems to love so much. I smell like Juicy Fruit. Around the third hour of wearing this, it is very very powdery. Shortly after it turns to complete powder on my skin it disappears. Lasting a total of about 4 hours. It was okay... but nothing that I (thankfully) will need more of.