Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

All flash and glam: white wine, heliotrope, d’Anjou pear, and lotus.

In the bottle this is very boozey and sweet. I was a little worried about putting it on but I decided to be brave.

On my skin this is very light and sweet, but the wine is still the dominant note. I'm not getting the usual bubblegum scent from the lotus which is good. This is almost a "breezy" scent and really perfect for a sunny Spring day.

Imp: Bubblegum lotus and a touch of white wine. Scent memory: late summer backyard parties.

Wet: To be expected. Lotus goes sour and drags the wine down with it. I can smell the other notes but they're just a general background sweetness.

Dry: Sweet heliotrope, touch of pear. The sour lotus and wine are still there, though. The longer this stays on, the more the lotus and wine fade, but the heliotrope and pear are fading almost as fast.

Throw: Minimal.

Overall: I'm not particularly surprised that my skin wasn't fussed about this. It is a lovely scent, though, so we may be meeting up in my hair or a scent locket in the future.

Just opened, the scent is OMG delicious. I want a mimosa - or something along those lines. Yum. The pear really strikes me as super-tart... Lotus, huh?

On my skin, Glitter goes almost straight to lemon drops and bubble gum once applied. I enjoyed the hell out of the boozy note while it lasted, but it was so brief! Still yummy and beautiful, though. Other reviewers commented on a "public restroom air freshener" vibe. I agree slightly, but you would only smell this in some top-shelf Vegas public potty, IMO.

Drydown: I can't stop smelling my arm! So effervescent and refreshing and youthful, but the throw and longevity are reallly low. :D

I like this. LOVE this. It is a complete detour from anything BPAL I have tried so far: sexy, youthful, even a tiny bit giddy. I'm off ISO a bottle, if only to see what some layering can do about the staying power~

:P

In the bottle, this is all sweetness and pop - it reminds me more of champagne then white wine, to be honest. And the scent keeps going once I put it on, and stays deliciously the same, a nice fruity tart bubbly smell. This one lasted the longest of all the scents I've tried. I immediately sought a bottle. :P

In the imp: Sweet, fruity, and juicy!!! It reminds me a gum that I chewed during my childhood!!! (Fruit Stripe Gum!!!)

Wet: Same impression, just slightly subdued.

Dry: VERY consistent - it's the same as when I slathered it on!!!

Glitter is adorable!!! It's fun, flirty, sweet, and girly!!! I especially love that it takes me back to being a kid again. I will savor each drop of my imp, and I hope that I'll be able to find more!!! It's a shame that this scent has been discontinued!!!

This one started out as straight up sweet bubblegum and then dried down to a sweet, 70s style perfume a la Charlie. Kinda flashy, kinda fashion, kinda not and just disco and sweetness and a good time.

POP!

In the bottle: Sweet- like grape jelly & fizz & something special.

Wet: The bubble gum note some have mentioned comes out. It is a white grape juice kind of thing. It makes my stomache tuen just like white grape juice. A little fizz still there- saving my stomache

Dry: Some sort of floral & still the white grape juice. No wine at all (which makes sense- my skin amps sweet)

I had to wash it off at this point. I was getting nauseated. This is such a shame, as it smells sweet & fae in the bottle. :cry2:

Edit to add: Washed & later, the heliotrope is still there & a whiff of fruit. It's not so bad now. But, still not for me.

Edited by Lemonlife

To my knowledge, this is the Original (2004) version:

In the bottle: Light yellow oil. Sweet, fruity, citrusy - and almost sparkling. Definitely some lemon, and lots of heliotrope, a little pear and lotus.

Wet: Bright juicy lemonade! With a sparkly edge and touch of pink-feeling lotus. Quite sweet, but not cloying. This is the nicest/truest white wine note - makes me think of Riesling.

Dry: That gorgeous tart lemon is holding, while heliotrope is blooming with sweet goldenness...lotus is fading, so this is less bubblegum-sweet than before.

Later: I agree that it's a bit like Sweet-Tarts, but IMO, in a good way. Or maybe like hard lemon candies. Getting the pear more now, that same sort of baked-pear note from the Perilous Parlour.

Summary: A bit pleasantly powdery the way that sparkly white wines can go on my skin, in drowdown. The lemon fades to be on par with the bubblegum-lotus and golden heliotrope, with softer pear...and some musk (white) comes out of nowhere, sexy as hell!

I love the heliotrope, sparkly lemon, pear, wine and eventual musk - but it's a bit too sweet/candyish for me, and the lemon is a touch mentholic. I have to say it and PP are the only pear scents that stay on my skin.

I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove this! It's that lemony fragrance I've been searching for forever! This is going to get tons of wear this spring and summer. Bright and tangy but sweet. I get sparklingly bright lemony heliotrope sweetened up by lotus and grapey white wine, rounded out by pear. This is Hollywood sunshine in a bottle! B) So glad I managed to acquire some of this!!

Will this disappoint? It was on my very first wishlist, was discontinued before I got a chance to try it, and then I didn't get ahold of it when it was resurrected. EEEP.

In the bottle, I get a nice sweet golden smell.

On me, the lotus amps up a little, and I get effervescent golden gum or chewy candy. It's a great sweet, happy scent and it was worth the wait.

Gold glitter for sure. This is how I imagined Aureus smelling in my head. This is a sweet gold white wine scent-not dry like champagne. Very sweet and a bit boozy-the pear in this is lovely!

Oo-this is lovely! There's almost something...bubble-gummy to this. I don't know where I am getting that from. Mostly, it is a sweet white grape/white wine/pear mix, with a touch of heliotrope. Don't notice much lotus (which is fine with me because it's tends to not be a great note on me). Very nice. Fades to be a bit less "glittery"-soft and pleasant. I can especially see wearing this in spring/summer!

ETA: This is the resurrected version.

Edited by Suu4LC

In Bottle: Fruity and boozy.

Wet On Skin: Fruit Stripe gum and champagne!

Dry On Skin: Super flowery and summery and fruity in the most delicious way possible. I love it!

In Bottle: Fruity and boozy.

Wet On Skin: Fruit Stripe gum and champagne!

Dry On Skin: Super flowery and summery and fruity in the most delicious way possible. I love it!

You hit the nail on the head. I can't describe this perfume any better. When I first applied this I thought "Fruit Stripe Gum!" and I also smelled something effervescent. I absolutely LOVE this, it's so refreshing, fruity and happy.

I love smelling like candy. :wub2:

I just rediscovered a bottle of Glitter hiding out in the bottom of my stash...

Fresh juicy pears and a fizz of champagne. Still love it.

Sweet and fizzy, like some kind of candy! Maybe sweet tarts or smarties? (The American chalky-colorful smarties, not the British ones that are like chocolate, right?)

This fades into nothingness extremely quickly, but it's still a fun, bright scent.

Glam - a thick mix of silver specks of bright lights swirling in fruity champange!
On drydown this goes a little more goop-y, a little more wine on me. Dunno if I've just been unlucky with everything I've been trying this week,  or whether my skin is being weird, but this also fades pretty quickly and I'm left with really mostly zesty lemon. 

Which is, nice and summery, but it's not alike what it's started off as.