Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
absinthetics

The Snow Maiden

Ylang ylang, osmanthus, spring berries, and daffodil cloaked in hoarfrost.

09 Version

In Imp: Ylang ylang, I know you well! I also get the spring berries, the frost, and a floral that might be the daffodil.

Wet: This kind of reminds me of a christmas poutpourri. I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. Berry-tastic, and definitely feminine, this is reminding me of Bath and Body Works sun-ripened raspberries, which I love as a shower gel but not so much as a perfume.

Dry: Staying pretty true to form. Tart berries on top, a little frost, and some encircling florals. A light citrus scent, definitely for the folks who like the more girly berry scents. 3/5

I really love this scent, I've tried it a couple times but never really paid attention to how it acted on me all day. Cold, snowy scents seem to be very kind to me and this one is no exception:

Chilly but not as stark as my beloved Hypothermia- it's a gentle soft virgin snow that is inviting to frolic in. I thought I picked up very faint traces of Cinnamon, maybe cloves on the initial wet sniff this morning. As it dries it becomes sweeter... the traces of spice disappear and hints of pine whisper in the back ground and the whole scent reminds me of champagne powder snow under a winter-berry canopy.

One thing I really like about these scents is that despite being pregnant, they don't make me nauseous on an empty stomach as many perfumes will do first thing in the morning. Probably has something to do with the natural oils.

Another keeper!

09 Version

Chilly evergreen and berries at first, not as ozoney as some of my other beloved Yule scents. I was beginning to think it wasn't anything special until the ylang-ylang and daffodil jumped out and said hello. Wow! Beautiful, chilly florals. Love it! :wub2:

Edited by countessmouse

Ylang ylang, osmanthus, spring berries, and daffodil cloaked in hoarfrost.

My review is for the 2009 Version of Snow Maiden.

Wet: Sweet fruit and mint over pine. Very cloying, and reminds me of old, over-chewed gum. ::shudder::
Dry: Within minutes, the mint disappears and the daffodil and ylang-ylang come to the forefront. Still a little fruity, but without the mint it no longer smells like old gum. Smells a bit like a cranberry and pine blend, which is exactly what I was hoping for! It still maintains a cool edge, despite the disappearing mint. I would have preferred if it were a bit less fruity, but I still am glad I ordered a sample of this!

ITB: The moment I sniffed the recent BPTP release of the perfume, I knew I had to have Snow Maiden. It's everything I love about the Lab's snow scent (crisp, cool, refreshingly citrus tinged) plus red berries and faintly innocent florals.

Wet: I get more osmanthus on my skin, but the citrus-infused snow is still very prevalent, as are the berries. I get just a touch of ylang ylang underneath, which is pleasant.

Dry: It's soft like falling snow, floral from the ylang ylang, and slightly resinous (and powdery in the best way) from the myrrh. We have a winner!

Decant: Florals (ylang-ylang is strongest to my nose), pine, and snow. Delicate and feminine.

On: I don't often order florals because I find them to be incredibly hit or miss on me. This one is really pretty though... I think the pine and frost are really helping it to behave on my skin. I'd put it in a similar category as Snow Bunny, but Snow Maiden is much more delicate and less "pink". If Snow Bunny is one of those lady olympiads with the perfectly curled hair that somehow looks gorgeous even after slaloming down a hill in the freezing cold, Snow Maiden is the fairy that bestowed these magical powers on her. This is a scent for wearing with your pearls, ladies!

I'm not sure which year I'm reviewing.

This started off as a floral snow with a hint of berry, but it quickly took a turn for the worst in the same way that Winter Landscape did on my skin, so perhaps they share the same snow note. I was really hoping to enjoy a nice daffodil and snow scent; alas, the hoarfrost just doesn't agree with my skin chemistry.

This is the 2009 version of the scent.

Osmanthus, Ylang Ylang, and daffodil are the stars of the show on my skin. Bright and freshly bloomed during the last snows of the year. There is an almost creamy aquatic element to the snow that overlays them, but most of all the florals shine on my skin.

I'm not getting much in the way of berries at all, and maybe the barest hint of an evergreen and some mint in the background as part of the snow/hoarfrost element. Overall, this is all about the flowers on my skin, and I'm here for it!