Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
absinthetics

Snow-Flakes

The radiance and desolation of winter.

In the vial: expensive men's cologne. :P

On the skin: Pretty much the same, but with a heavy dolp of mint now. A drop of pine. I can't make out anything else. Edited by Shollin

Imp: Cool mint greenness. Not quite cucumber, but more like aloe.

Wet: Still a very subtle mint under what's apparently Irish Spring soap. Bah!

Dry: Hell if I know. My skin ate it after 15 minutes. :?

Wow, this DOES smell exactly like Snow White. :P And it seems to get even stronger as it dries down. I don't smell any mint at all, but there's a cool tinge in my nose after I sniff my wrist, so it's supremely blended. Like Snow White, this is a warm scent that manages to evoke the cold. Excellent, and I'm so glad I have a replacement for Snow White that I can get for half the price! :D

In the bottle I can smell mint and something like the cold smell in Snow White.

Unfortunately, on my skin I can't smell anything -- the smell completely disappears and it doesn't matter how many times I sniff at my wrist. Nothing.

I've never smelled Snow White, but if this is what she smells like, I'm glad I never went out of my way to get a sniff. Don't take that the wrong way, though! I was hoping for something else entirely out of Snow White. On to Snow-Flakes, though. I actually really, really like this scent. It smells clean and cold to me. It isn't heavy, and it isn't soapy, and there's a soft mint, but not too much, and it's very inoffensive. I really like it, to my great surprise. I'm certainly glad to have some! I'd love to see it back around next holiday season, too.

Edit 7/8/07: Let me amend this review. If this is what Snow White smells like, I can see why it is so popular. This is on my top 5 scents. It is SO evocative; truly like being outside in the midst of that first winter's snow. It has a hint of sweetness, but it's mostly just really pretty and light. I could wear this every day for the rest of my life. I love this! I've swapped for more, and still hope it will make a return showing this winter season! Thankfully, I do not get any cucumber from this, as many others have.

Edit 10/25/07: I have had a chance to sniff Snow White 2005, and while there are absolutely similarities, Snow-Flakes is creamier and stronger on my skin, while Snow White has that slush-y pine-y note that most scents with 'snow' in the name have, but Snow-Flakes does not. This is still on my top 5 scents.

Edited by cordia

In the bottle: Mint! Ooooh and it's wintergreen, I LOVE.

Wet: Still very, very mint, but also with a hint of floral. My first thought is jasmine+rose, but I've no idea if that's right. I can't really pick out different flowers; it could be any of them. The combination is nice, though.

Dry: Not much difference... mint, but perhaps a bit sharper. I've never tried Snow White, but maybe the similarity is from the floral background. It still smells a lot like rose to me.

Later: Huh? It's gone! Darn, I really really like this one but apparently it doesn't last long on me...

In the bottle: Pale, sweet mint and a bit of…cucumber?

Wet: Mostly that light, almost sharply-sweet mint with a bit of something else behind it. It’s lovely, cool and pale.

Drydown: As this dries, it gets sweeter (surprise, surprise with my chemistry). It’s really lovely, very wet and cool (not cold). It’s just very sweet and lightly minty and watery. I like this, because it’s minty without making me smell of toothpaste (which is what I was afraid of!!).

Verdict: Light, sweet, watery mint. I honestly don’t get a lot of throw out of this – I have to push my nose right up to my wrist to smell it over the Snow Moon on the other wrist! – but it’s still really pretty.

I managed to get an imp of this, but I have to say that in the vial it smells so light that I can barely smell it O_O On my wrist however it amps up and I'm getting a wonderful cool fresh scent with some cucumber and what seems like just a bit of fruity sweetness. I don't get any mint at all and it smells really strong on me, it has some definite throw.

A very pretty scent which definitely reminds me of winter.

This smells like Snow White + mint (or at least something that smells minty to me). The mint dies down as it's drying, and it ends up reminding me of a colder version of Snow White. It's soft and pretty.

I think I like this better than Snow White. The creaminess of that one was a little overwhelming for me. I like the extra coldness in this one.

Snow-Flakes! Aaahhh...this is breathy; ethereal. Yes, it is a relation to my beloved Snow White, similar yet different. Snow-Flakes is gossamer, light and dries down to a powdery almond/cucumber/mint smell. It's lovely. I find myself applying it a lot on these sultry days we've been having. That's become my habit- using chilly scents like Tulszcha, Snow White, Ice Queen, Numb, Lick It and now Snow-Flakes gets me through the heat. Beautiful job on this one.

:P

Snowflakes is a beautiful scent. I have Snow White '04 and agree that they smell similar. On me they're very different after a few hours. Snow Flakes turns sort of musky, and I really enjoy that about it. Snow White doesn't change much and I love it, although I tried not to since it's not that easily available. Snow Flakes is hard to describe, especially being so new at this. I smell a lot of mint and a little almond, and definitely cold. I'm very happy to have bottles of each.

Edit: I have to admit the truth: Snow Flakes is the best scent ever and unfortunately since it's so hard to find, I'll be hoarding the rest of my bottle.

Edited by Cheri

In Bottle: Strong mint and slightly aquatic w/ a hint of sweetness, maybe vanilla?

On skin wet: A wintergreen mint, not peppermint... with a touch of herbal "green", more minty/herbal then mint/aquatic now and definetly a touch of vanilla.

Dry: Muted wintergreen and herbs, with vanilla. Not much morphing on this one. I like it, surprisingly. Maybe not enough to wear often, but every now and then in winter

I looove this scent. :P

Someone gifted me with Snowflakes scented lotion and it was teh awesome. It was the best, lightest lotion ever. Because of it, I love Snowflakes.

Its odd, it smells like snow! I can't give a better description. It smells like snow in the mountains with a tinge of pine.

The genius behind the scent is why I think BPAL is teh awesome of teh e-tailers.

A+++++++

:D

In the bottle: sweet, light very similar to Snow White but greener, like grass being covered with that first blush of snow.

Wet: green, sweet, slushy and slightly aquatic. I like this, very much.

Dry down: cleean, light, slushy and light green. The snow is covering the grass more now.

30 minutes: lovely light sophisticated slightly aquatic green perfume. This is beautiful. Very much like my beloved SW without the cream. Like a twin sister, they appear to look exactly alike, until you notice the small differences that sets them apart.

Conclusion: I wish I had bought two or three bottles of this one. Like SW this is horde worthy. This scent made me think not of the poem Beth used but of Dance of the Snowflakes in The Nutcracker. One of my fav dances and music in that ballet. Again Beth and the labbies evoke a moment a feeling, a place. WOW! :P And all of Beth's winter scents all smell divine on me.

Rating 1-5: on my skin this is a 5.

In the bottle - I get sweets, with only a little mint. Weird.

Wet - ALL mint.

half dry - sugary mint again. Almost like straight in the bottle.

Drydown - bright bright mint.. It does remind me of staring up at night to see snow flakes falling down on me.

Nice scent, I like it.

I received this thanks to a very kind forumite, and finally got around to testing it.

Imp: Doesn't really smell like anything.

Wet: Ooooooooh. Like a crisply snapped mint leaf, delicate and lovely.

Drydown: Oh no. Oh no. It's pulling that weird morphing nausea-inducing that Tokyo Stomp did. Does this have vanilla? :P Far away it has a weird tang that's making my nose itch, but up close to the skin it's still a clean mint.

Dry: Weird acidic edge to what little is left of this. Bah.

My rating: 5/5, 1/5 on my skin. :D Phooey.

Another one that had been on my wishlist for a bit. Thanks to a fellow forumite, jayzoe, who included a free decant of this with a purchase I made, I'm finally able to try it!

I LOVE this scent!

It's cool, yet sweet and watery. There is a hint of peppermint when I first dabbed it on my wrist.

After about 5 minutes, the peppermint subsides and something sweet, but not overly, comes forth.

The sweetness reminds me of the same sweetness Snow Bunny has, just not as sweet.

I'm very happy the peppermint didn't amp on my skin as I'm not overly fond of mint or peppermint scents.

But if I can get my grubby paws on a bottle of this someday, I'll be a happy camper!!!

In the imp: Soft sweet mint.

On the wrist: This is a very sweet almost candy like scent on me, it reminds me of frosted cakes. Or after dinner mints. There's vanilla in this I think.

Drydown: Interesting, now it smells like baby shampoo. That's weird.

Not for me I guess. Even before this turned into baby shampoo it never really evoked winter for me, too soft and sweet. Not cold at all. :P Swapped.

ETA: Spelling correction, 'cause I'm neurotic like that.

Edited by Miseraya

In the bottle, I smell Snow White+mint. Once it is applied and dried down it's just as several others have described it, a colder, slightly less creamy Snow White. Lovely!

This is a truly beautiful scent! I think I smell a little mint...but not a sharp mint that bites you in the nose! No, a sweet subtle mint that lingers in your nose and makes you smile! This was one of the first imps I have ever received and I will always remember this as my first BPAL love!

Snow-Flakes and I are very acquainted. I spent an inordinate amount of time huffing myself silly while trying to compare this to The Darkling Thrush and The Snow Maiden, because while they are all different, they all share the same snow scent. I was trying to compare the way each one morphed and changed.

Snow-Flakes is very slushy and cold. It has a slight tinge of mint in it, and a sort of sweet and innocent scent. Very lovely, soft and unassuming.

I don't get any of the mint I expected from this. It's a light, cold, watery floral. It has almost no throw and clings very close to my skin. After a five or six hours it turns very sweet, almost vanilla-ish.

I absolutely love wearing this right now, because it has been insanely hot and muggy lately and sniffing this makes me feel cool even when I'm sweating to death.

First Impression: Cool and bland

Dries down to: Not much changes

Additional Comments: This is the smell of sunshine on winter snowbanks. I love Snow White but this, to me, isn't even close. It's nice but boring; whereas, Snow White is one of my top BPAL blends.

Lasted: Just a couple of hours

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

I got a tester of this as a frimp in a swap!

Bottle: Fresh

Wet: Cold and fresh, sweet and juicy.

Drydown: Sweet and cold is the best way I know how to describe this. It's lovely and I want a bottle!

4.0 outta 5

This is Snow White with a soft creamy mint!

These are the snowflakes Snow White would be dusting off of her shoulders on her return from the forest!

I do really find Snow White hard to describe so I'm also gonna find this one the same.

It's like this.....

A really soft musky floral with a slight green tinge to it, with soft mint. Snow White is gorgeous and so is this.

It's not the strongest of smells but it's very pleasant and cosy if that makes sense.

If I didn't own a bottle of snow white I would have ordered this for sure because it's lovely!

If you like Snow White and Mint, you'll like this!