Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
PilotKitten

BPAL Fruit Blends - the many variations

:wub2:

Thank you all so very much! All the recs sound wonderful - I have tried Eat Me, and liked it a lot (and it smells a lot like B&BW's sensual black current vanilla massage oil!). I liked Snow White, but the coconut ended up being a bit much for me!

I actually have a decant of Khrysee on the way to me, and Angeronalia DOES sound really lovely...Actually, all of these are going on my to-try list! Thank you everyone!

Anyone looking for a nice, bright blackberry blend should definitely try Couple Consulting an Enpon. I really got the blackberry note in that one!

What she said! :lol: :GoodPost:

Also, Agape is very fruity...apples, guava, and cream.

I love tart, fruity scents. Especially lime! While I've been pleased with many scents I have tried, they don't seem to last very long on me (even in a scent locket). Has anyone found any fruity BPALs that seem to last a long time?

The first one to pop into my head was MB Bloody Mary - kind of a bright cherry scent with creamy undertones. It lasts forever one me, and it still isn't too hard to find a bottle.

Most options will include berries and/or wine as the "fruit" notes you're after... it's the citrus ones that seem to fade the fastest. At least for me.

Hymn to Proserpine is GC, and it lasts a long time, too.. one of my favorites. :)

I love tart, fruity scents. Especially lime! While I've been pleased with many scents I have tried, they don't seem to last very long on me (even in a scent locket). Has anyone found any fruity BPALs that seem to last a long time?

Embalming Fluid is a tart bright lemon, and I'm always surprised how long it sticks around for a citrus. Great for summer! (Ignore the name if it bothers you. Or revel in it if you think it's hilarious! The scent itself is really great.)

I usually don't wear that many citrus scents, but the one exception is Channikah - it was a Christmas limited edition. It's citrusy (almost grapefruit-ish with other citrus notes) and cream - and it lasts for hours on me.

Good Luck!

While its not very tart, I found that acai berry is one fruit that lasts for 24 hrs on my skin. Daiyu is berry tea scent and Austrailian copperhead is a berry vanilla. The rest just seem to fade on me.

Edited by Yoginispirit

I'm on the same boat there...

Love fruits, specially citrus, but it seems to fade fast..

Hoped for a floral-lime scent with Whitechappel, but it's pure white musk on me.

Any recomandations - I would prefer GC, tho...

Do u like lush? I think phantasm smells like lush avobath balistc sorta citrusy and clean and I lasts a loooong tome!

I also like whitechapel, mosterbait bloody mary, strawberry moon 05 and velvet pink kitty to me smells like strawberries with sherbt yum!

Yes those are yummy! :D

Spinning Multicolored Metallic Pinwheel, which is an LE that's available until the beginning of September, is pure mixed fruits to my nose and lasts forever on me. I think it's my favourite fruity BPAL ever.

Upa Upa hangs around on me for quite some time. Unfortunately I haven't discovered a lime scent that lasts more than an hour on me.

Mr. Nancy wins the race but...still he doesn't hold it together for very long (he does smell wonderful though)!

The grapefruit in Baobhan Sith lasts a really long time on me.

Also seconding Pinwheels. It's incredibly bright and fruity, almost fizzy and lasts really well.

I second the Baobhan Sith recommendation. It lasts forever on me, and is mellowed out nicely by the tea.

Also, Swank (the scent of a pomegranate martini) lasts forever. It's tart and sweet at the same time, and doesn't change much at all on dry down.

Old bump!

One of my friends is a newbie BPALer and curious about fruit threads so I'm going ahead and bumping this *raspberries** cos she's going to do it if I don't, and I want to point out that although no fruit is listed, House of Night has a GORGEOUS, luscious fruit note--I have no idea what it is (grapes? plum? something LUSH) and it's worth checking into if you like fruit, especially the darkly juicy kind. I'd solidly class this as a fruit scent rather than a floral, despite the listed notes.

* no pun intended XD

EDIT: *raspberries louder* Shoulda been less timid.

Edited by Mousesong

Necro bumping this! I'm a pretty new bpaller looking for more recommendations, so. Please. Moar.

Personally I've got to say that when I tried Gomorrah I was really surprised by the sheer amount of fig which came out in it. Lasts forever, and smells amazing.

ninja edit: mousesong, way to ruin my first post by getting here first. :|

Edited by expatiate

Posting b/c I had forgotton how much I love the yummy, dark, juicy, sexy, fruity/muskiness of Dragon's Heart! I need some more right now! If I am completely honest, I love it more than Mme Moriarty.

Lawn Gnome is very fruity on me :) The red currants are really ripe and juicy, and i think the molasses adds to the fruitiness too.

Necro bumping this! I'm a pretty new bpaller looking for more recommendations, so. Please. Moar.

Ooh ooh, pick me! :lol:

I'm brand new too, but I am loving Megaera. the notes are supposed to be grapefruit and plum, but I'm not good enough at this yet to pick 'em out. It's juicy, slightly spicy but extremely soft. Totally romantic and lovely.

I'm still fairly new as well, but I love fruit blends, especially if they tend towards a bit tart. Flowers scare me, so here are my favorites so far:

Carnal- juicy fig & mandarin, which is sweeter than just orange. I wanted to eat my arm.

The Jersey Devil- heavily berry on me. The pitch pine comes out too, but definitely berry.

Maenad- Strawberries, lasted forever on me.

Swank- Tart berries

Fae- Peach and white musk. Really pretty.

Berry Moon- a lunacy that is still really easy to get on the swaps, and I love it. Mostly fig on me, almost no berries. But lots of people got all berries.

Spinning Multicolored Metallic Pinwheel-also a fairly easy to get LE, and it screams FRUIT PUNCH. Very summer, fun.

I'm definitely a fruitaholic when it comes to scents... (well I tend to lean that way in candles also) But some of my favorite Bpal yummies are..

Machu Picchu... :rolleyes2: Just got the metallic "s"pinwheel (fruitylicious)

I have just a sniffle of my Hanging Garden imp...(been meaning to order a 5ml of that) and anxiously awaiting my Lawn Gnome so I was happy to hear that sounded Mmmmmm...

Eat me...Is a yummy..in fact a fav of mine but I don't get a fruity..berriness that the others have. The tartness from the currants is detecatable but it's a very balanced scent that just screams ...EAT ME! :wub:

Definitely Pinwheel for fruit punchy goodness.

Also, Schroedinger's Cat is lime and lovely on me.

And maybe Fairy Wine? It's grapey-fruity and not very boozy.

Oh, and Candy Phoenix, if you can get ahold of some ... pomegranate candy awesome.

Edited by Ravenclaw79

I dont know whats happening to my chemistry, but some of my favorites are failing me. I have previously loved and adored Bordello for my dark sexy fruit blend, but the last time I wore it -- it was decidedly strange and not what I remembered at all. Mme Moriarty doesnt really work for me (tried again very recently) and Im looking for a dark, sexy, fruity blend. From reading this thread, here's what Im looking at trying/retrying: Lady Macbeth, Fruit of Paradise, Imp, Blood Countess, Depraved, Oya

I have Bathsheba on right now, and Obsidian Widow on the opposite side. Bathsheba is pretty nice, but not a bottle level of love. The Widow is mostly rose, mean, but still beautiful somehow. I do like the Frumious Bandersnatch pretty well, although I dont get much dark from it.

eta: Im okay with carnation, but not realyl wanting a spicy scent. Maybe I need to start playing with some layering.... Bandersnatch over...

Edited by CaudaPavonis

I dont know whats happening to my chemistry, but some of my favorites are failing me. I have previously loved and adored Bordello for my dark sexy fruit blend, but the last time I wore it -- it was decidedly strange and not what I remembered at all. Mme Moriarty doesnt really work for me (tried again very recently) and Im looking for a dark, sexy, fruity blend. From reading this thread, here's what Im looking at trying/retrying: Lady Macbeth, Fruit of Paradise, Imp, Blood Countess, Depraved, Oya

I have Bathsheba on right now, and Obsidian Widow on the opposite side. Bathsheba is pretty nice, but not a bottle level of love. The Widow is mostly rose, mean, but still beautiful somehow. I do like the Frumious Bandersnatch pretty well, although I dont get much dark from it.

eta: Im okay with carnation, but not realyl wanting a spicy scent. Maybe I need to start playing with some layering.... Bandersnatch over...

Have you tried Lilith? It's not exactly listed as fruity, but the red wine does provide a fruity touch, the myrrh makes it spicy, and the black musk makes it dark. It is a very sexy blend, and the only blend with rose that I can wear. :yum: