Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ajcj213499

White Moon

The chill winds and dark skies of November mark a time of reflection and release, and though the sting of grief is oft-times most painful during this portion of the year, the icy air brings clarity and eases the burden of suffering. These are the blossoms of loss and liberation, soothed by the calm, comforting scent of sandalwood : lilac, calla lily, wisteria, white sandalwood, moonflower, night musk, phlox, and violet.

This is very pretty and light. Lots of white flowers...not really a scent I would go for usually but glad I've got to try it.
It's very feminine..makes me think of brides, white weddings and floral boquets. I'm not too good at flowers but this is nice.
White Phoenix was much nicer though.

Sorry bit of crap review but I'm not going crazy over this blend.

White Moon

In the Bottle: Floral soap.

Wet: Surprise, surprise. Floral soap.

Drydown: Mind-blowing, but, it's still floral soap.

Verdict: Honestly, I thought my mom might like this, take pity on me, and take this bottle for her very own first bottle of BPAL. Unfortunately, when I asked her to sniff it on me, she had the same reaction I felt, but didn't express-- she wrinkled her nose in disgust and jerked her head away from my hand. Yeah, no, this blend ain't a winner for me. I wanted it to mainly be sandalwood and musk and violet, but unfortunately those other notes are what I get.

This isn't one of the more exciting lunacies. It's a lily, sandalwood blend. Calla lily is a strong flower note and typically becomes dominant in any blend it's in. It's astringent, green and waxy on application drying down to something very perfumey. Medium strength and throw, very white in feel and a nice blend. It won't offend anyone in a major way nor will it knock your socks off. Typical of the bulb flowers this one will turn to soap on the wrong skin but on my skin it remains pretty white flowers in an innocent blend. Personally I think this blend would be more interesting if it had frost or ice in it as well.

I'll definately use this one up and enjoy it while it lasts, but I won't seek it out by any means.

Edited by HamletsKeeper

Strongly white floral in the imp. Unexplicably, the bf and I really smelled rose while it was wet on my skin. Drying down, it's all lily, wisteria and sandalwood and I am very, very glad I have a bottle of this. Yummy!

There is no doubt this is white floral. It's cala and rose straight up. It's pretty. But, I'm not a flower person at all. But I know someone who is and will give this bottle a wonderful home!

I adore this scent!! To me, it's calla lily, violet, and sandalwood - in that order. It starts out powdery soft and lightly floral, but develops into something unbelievably gorgeous! I think this could be a favorite of mine!!

Bottle: Strong whiff of the lily, and maybe the violet or wisteria.

Wet: Still heavily floral, but there's a lovely greenness to the scent.

Drydown: This is not promising - it's all a vague floral one-note. I wish the sandalwood would pop up, as I'm rather fond of woody scents.

Dry: Faint, pale florals with a subtle greenness underlying it.

My rating: 2/5 This scent makes me wish I liked straight up florals. Alas!

I was fortunate enough to win an auction of White Moon from the lab on eBay just recently. Oh joy, it arrived today, and I LOVE it! Heavenly, beautiful white flowers, mostly gardenia to my nose, but I can also smell what I think is lilac. I am SO happy I won this auction, this will definitely be one of my most cherished fragrances!

Edited by Aleah

Lilac and violets mingle with sandalwood. The lilac is very dominant at first, but once it is dry, the violets leap in and the lilac fades into the background. The other florals are present, but I can't distinguish one from the other. The blend together beautifully. White sandalwood is a staple for me, and it doesn't disappoint here. It's dry, slightly dusty and very woody. I absolutely adore this blend. :wub2:

Working my way through retesting, revisiting and reviewing every scent in my collection and am down to my final 5 (for now, anyway ... about to place an update order) in preparation for finally creating a comprehensive swap list. Purchased my 5 ML bottle of White Moon upon its release but stopped writing reviews, pretty much, in 2006 so this is my first review of the scent. This was tested from a decanted imp from my own bottle.

IN THE IMP: Though I'm not great at being able to differentiate among a field full of flowers, I'm pretty sure that the predominant notes for me in the imp are the wisteria and the musk, by process of elimination.

Dabbed on one wrist and in the crook of that arm.

WET: A truly glorious white floral (counting lilac as white for the purpose of this review). It's very light and yet still richly lush and complex. The addition of the sandalwood and musk give it an added dimension that keeps it from being too soapy floral for me, lily notwithstanding. I don't get much lilac from it.

DRYDOWN: I'd say it has a little bit of "generic perfume" in the drydown but that's not always necessarily a bad thing. There are so many notes that it's hard, when dry, to pick out a singularly predominant one for me. I get more floral than, say, sandalwood or musk when it's dry. But it's very lovely.

OVERALL: Definitely a reason it's been a keeper all these years. Not something I'd reach for every day but definitely one that when I wear it lifts my spirits and makes me feel pretty.

On a scale of 1-5, a 4.

I'm a little surprised how much sandalwood I'm getting from this one. That's mostly what I get along with a bit of musk and violet. I was hoping for a bit more lilac based on the notes. I'm very on the fence about this scent. On one hand it is a very serene and uplifting quality to it, but out of all my florals it's not one I'd reach for often without the lilac showing up on me.