Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A fine confection for discriminating trick or treaters: a fig meat, coconut, and buttercream bonbon rolled in orange rind, mint leaf, cardamom, clove and ginger, dipped in milk chocolate.

In the decant: mmm, chocolate and orange

Wet on skin: orange-scented cream with a sprinkling of cocoa powder.

Dry on skin: It starts as a orange creamsicle that's been rolled in shredded coconut and cocoa, but starts morphing into a chocolate-covered orange candy. Finally settles into an orange-y coconut cream.

Overall impressions: When it's in that chocolate orange candy stage, I get so very nostalgic. My grandfather used to send me boxes of orange jelly sticks coated in chocolate when I was in college, and the scent is very reminiscent of opening up one of those boxes. When it reaches the orange coconut cream stage, the coconut/cream part is identical to Obatala to my nose. It's orange-scented Obatala. While I never get the spice, mint, or the fig, I don't care. Treat #2 is utterly gorgeous, and further convinces me that I should order everything that even thought about having coconut in it.

:P :D :D

Definitely a 15 out of 10. Edited by Shollin

Very creamy chocolate orange buttercreams. I can handle eating maybe one of them a year, and this scent just surrounds me in them. If I were a foody lover, this one might be for me, but I'm particular in my food scents.

This one's already been swapped away!

This is a yummy, warm, candylike scent in the bottle, rich and redolent of sugared fig, coconut, and butter, with just a whisk of orange and mint in the background.

I like foody scents, but I don't know about this one . . . it's very powerful and candylike.

First up is a figgy coconut scent overlaid with a smooth orange glaze. There are spices here, too, giving this a touch of sophistication that it wouldn't otherwise have. And somewhere in there is an elusive hint of mint.

This is likeable, lickable, but very foody. An overstuffed, lush, greedy scent that isn't so much sexy as just plain tempting.

Oh bloody hell! And I mean that in a VERY good way!

I received a decant of Treat #2 as a frimp in a sale from caramialove, and I wasn't sure how it would react on my skin. I had ordered and tried an imp of Bliss months ago, and while it was alright, it wasn't anything spectacular. I was disappointed, because as a chocoholic, I wanted to smell like chocolate. Mmmm.

Well! Treat #2 is rich and decadent. It's almost all chocolate on me, and I think I can smell the buttercream initially, too. After a while, the orange starts to come out to play, and a little bit of cardamom, too. I'm curious to see if the mint comes out to play once completely dry. I like this one!

In the bottle, I get alll yummy delicious chocolate, with a hint of.. something creamy. It's yummy, almost like 13 was.

Wet, it is weird.. a combo of coconut and buttercream, I guess, not something I particularly enjoy, and I almost gave up on this. Until the drydown.. first, it's just slightly orange, battling with the cream and coconutty scents, and then.. oh my gods, this most wonderfully full chocolate orange blooms, with a hint of mint that is just to die for.

i got a sniffie of this from someone with enough to try. it smells like buttery mints covered in chocolate. very nice for a foody scent, but foody scents aren't really my thing. i am thrilled that i got to try it though :P

This is so very rich and warm. The fig is the strongest note, followed by the coconut, followed by creaminess and buttercream. They sort of meld together after a while, and the orange rind lends a nice hint of brightness to this. In fact, I think that little top note is my favorite part of this!

This one has a very strong throw, so a little goes a long way!

I rated this 4/5 in my spreadsheet.

creamy coconut and citrus! kind of a lime-in-de-coconut sort of scent, makes me wanna dance ;p I don't smell much mint (it might blend with the orange rind to give it a bit more sharpness maybe) and i don't get the chocolate some people do, but the coconut is very rich and creamy and decadent. There is a hint of spicyness (might be the fig, though i can't be sure). This scent is decadently tropical on me. recommended!

Mmmmm coconut! This smells like a high-quality macaroon!!!! Mmmmmmm...... Slight chocolate and buttercream, with the tiniest hint of mint and orange hiding in the background. But over everything is the vereh vereh yummeh co-co-nut!! :P

While I enjoy the taste of an occasional chocolate mint something-or-other, I just didn't care for the smell very much. That's okay, though - this was obviously no problem to swap away to a more loving home. . .

First sniff: A chocolate-orange truffle with a coconut aftertaste. Oh, hallelujah. Except now I’m really hungry.

Wearing: Bright orange and mint over wonderfully deep chocolate. And the coconut intensifies as it dries. YUM.

imp: i'm getting the orange rind, clove and cardamom.

wet: i'm not getting the milk chocolate (which is good because it normally smells awful on me) but i am getting the coconut and bourbon in addition to the orange and spices. this smells like one very decadent dessert.

dry: this dries to light orange, faint mint and brisk spices. quite nice.

in the sniffie: sweetness! this is all buttercreme for sure. :P

wet on skin: yeah, this reminds me strongly of the Godiva cremes i used to adore- chocolate, coconut, a sweet rum creme. nomnomnom

dry down: the fig is making an appearance, the choco-cocoa mix is still present, though.

in all: ya know, as a die hard foodie fan, i've been dying to try this. however, i find it's not as spectacular as some other food blends that have similar notes. if you want a great fig/coconut blend, i say go for Eden. want chocolate? MB:Underbed or Candy Butcher is a better bet. this one is better left to the kiddies.

In the bottle: Orange, chocolate, a hint of ginger.

Wet: Lots of orange, with a strong coconut note and a bit of chocolate.

Dry: There's still quite a bit of orange on top. I'm not getting any mint or spices, and the ginger note that was hinted at in the bottle has disappeared. Most of this is wonderful, but the coconut is a bit too strong for my tastes and I probably won't wear it often. Medium to light throw and medium weartime, if I were inclined to wear this for a whole day it would likely be a slatherer.

Alas, I am finally facing the fact that Treat #2 and my skin chemistry are Not Friends. It goes to a weird orange plastic rubber ball scent on me, overlaid with sweet sweet figs -- not a combination that works. Off it goes finally to swaps. I've had it since I got it from the Lab, and have decanted some for swaps, but it's time to let the rest of the bottle go.

A figgy cardamon with some chocolate, very faint and sooo good. I detect pomegranate too even if it`s not on the list. For sure there is coconut, one of my fav notes, but I don`t know where is it :P . Such an euforic treat are you, little #2, I like you!

Creamy coconut, orange, and a hint of chocolate and cardamom - this one is an interesting surprise! I used to not like foody scents, but ones like this one are winning me over to the dark side.

slightly waxy chocolates with candied coconut and a touch of ginger. foody scents just do not work on me, i'm afraid. but the fig is lovely, and may lead me to seek out other bpal fig notes.

Hmm... this is coconut marshmallow candy on me. It smells a teensy bit waxy and plasticky, and I think that's the buttercream part that doesn't work out for me.

But if you like to smell coconut/marshmallow lovely, I would give this a whirl. It's too sweet and foodie for me.

I was given nearly half of a bottle of Treat #2 by Neyahala - I remember that when I'd seen her, she'd always want me to smell it. :P

In the bottle...I smell spices, and...some crazy combination of slightly orange-y, chocolatey coconut.

On me...my first time wearing it was today, at work. I left the room I was in at the time, came back a few seconds later, and I smelled it in the room, wow...

It's sweet, and I can totally smell the chocolate and coconut. The other scents are there, too, but the chocolate and coconut jump out at me. Gawd, if I didn't want chocolate before this...!

Overall, I wouldn't wear this often - it's really sophisitcated and different (that, and my boyfriend is allergic to coconut...though I think it's ingestion only) - but it is a LOVELY scent, and I suddenly very much want an Almond Joy bar...

In vial: oddly fruity!

Wet on skin: sweet and creamy white chocolate, coconut, and perhaps some buttercream. No fig or orange and definitely no mint or spices. But it is beautifully blended.

Dry on skin: as it dries fig and orange burst from their hiding places and remind me how much I love Carnal. Now it's orange, fig, coconut and cream! Yum! At this point it begins to sting, although there are no welts - I guess there are spices in it after all! Good throw!

It was orange rind, clove and ginger with hints of chocolate now and then. It smelled a bit antiseptic to me. It wasn't as sweet as I hoped.

I just got a partial bottle of this and I must say, I need moar! It's like a Terry's chocolate orange mixed with copious amounts of coconut and mint! Completely yummylicious and a foodies delight! It stays pretty much the same throughout a wearing without really morphing much at all.

If only they gave out swag this good when I was a kid trick-or-treating! I'm really getting the chocolate, coconut and orange with the other notes blending into a deliciously harmonious background. Maybe I can sympathize with the neighbors now; if I had a box of these lovely morsels, I definitely wouldn't be doling them out to any trick-or-treaters! :lol:

Edited by Invidiana