Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A super-sweet, glittering mountain of crushed hard candy: watermelon, pink lime, lemon, strawberry and piles upon piles of crystalline sugar.

This wasn't what I was expecting, but it's still a winner. :P

In the bottle it's a sweet airiness with just a hint of something tart. Once on the melon starts to peek out, and I am reminded distinctly of Fee, my very favourite melon perfume of all time. As it dries down this gets lighter and slightly more perfumey and there's a hint of lime to this, as if someone squeezed a slice into an exotic, fruity cocktail.

Once completely dry this is a soft melon overlaying a true sugar scent with a squirt of lime.

It sadly doesn't last very long but I'm happy to slather on such a beautiful scent.

Well, this was my designated Inquisition scent, and it was the perfect one! As many people have mentioned before,

this does indeed smell like a cherry blowpop! Very sweet candy sugar-like... Delicious!

Bottle: This label graphic is so cute! As for the smell, in the bottle I thought of a mélange of fruity skittles candy.

Wet: I actually get a good deal of citrus out of this wet. It’s a sweet pink citrusy blend, and very candyish. Like I could lick my wrist and taste a yummy lollipop! This citus note is beautiful, sharp but sweet. I kinda expected this to be similar to pink moon and pink phoenix, but its definitely a different quality.

Dry: I get predominantly sharp citrus wth occasional wafts of melon and strawberry, all wonderfully sweetened and candy like. And every now and again, I swear this actually has a “dusty” quality-- it gives the feel of that white powder you find on hard candies. After about 40 mins my skin makes a synthetic smelling note out of it, unfortunately, and under the plasticy note, its more pink moonish than before.

Overall: I’ve tried this twice. The first time it went horrifically synthetic plastic weirdness on me after a short while, and the second time it smelled beautiful and delicious. I think some of the beths sugars do that on me depending on my cycles. This is sweet and girly and pretty, but not really something I'd wear often. Which is just as well, since I bought it for a friend. :P

In the bottle: pure watermelon with tons and tons and tons of sugar.

On my skin: pretty much the same. Watermelon candy (if there is such a thing). I don't smell any of the other fruit. Very kiddish, I'd say. Very happy scent as well. Very girlie.

After a couple of hours: in the drydown phase, all I seem to get is sugar… it fades away quite quickly as well.

Verdict: well, I don't know, as I said, it's a very joyful scent. Maybe I'm not happy enough those days to enjoy it fully… I won't start hunting for it, that's for sure.

sugary sweet, cavity inducing, almost get a stomach ache like those i would get as a child after trick or treating when i needed to eat one of each candy and it sneaks up on me. this reminds me of a big pink blowpop

Oh wow,I'm so glad I got my hands on some of this rare stuff.

This is exactly what I wanted Fruit Moon to be like but FM turned to children's chewable vitamins and florals on me.

The smells very...fizzy...to me.Like a champage cocktail made with sweet guava and grape juices.Yummy to say the least.It's really light and fun so I know this will get alot of wear in the summer.

In the bottle:

watermelon candy!!

On me:

This is everything I hoped it would be!! Watermelon is the strongest at first, and makes me think of pixie sticks because it's fruity and candy like but in a pure sugar kind of way. Then the lemon and lime really kick in and this becomes tart and sweet and exactly what I was hoping for with this scent.

Final note:

Just not a lot to say about this one because it is pretty much what you'd expect. I was excited about this scent because I really wanted a scent from BPAL that was primarily watermelon. And this scent fits the bill! It's so tart and fruity, I just adore it!!

straight sniff from imp is sweet, juicy watermelon, lemon, lime and strawberries...

delish!! sweet as sweet can be!! once applied the strawberry note seems to come

forefront...this is truly a very fun fragrance and would be perfect for a hot summer

day....just wished it had better lasting power but beyond thankful that i was able to try this exclusive blend :P

In the imp, this smelled just exactly like a Jolly Rancher. Seriously. On my skin, it swiftly turned to a sweetsweet vanilla with only the faintest hint of fruit. Huh. Go figure.

Very, very, tooth-achingly sweet, like watermelon candy. It's not me, but it's lovely, very crystalline and bright.

A.

Very bright, very super sweet, very fruity, with almost nothing to weigh it down - I kept thinking that I might smell something musky underneath all of the crystalline sweetness, but I wonder if that was just my brain playing tricks - like there was supposed to be something like that there. :P This is a very fun, fruity blend.

I got a bottlecap sniffie from mountainwitch!

This is bright, sugary. I get whiffs of melon and cherry. Whoever said this smelled like Nerds candy was right on. That's what it smells like to my nose.

I wouldn't want to try this out on my skin because I'm not into these kinds of scents. But it's definitely a pretty sugary smell!

In the bottle this smells exactly like watermelon candy :P it's gorgeous and sweet and almost a little tart at the same time.

Unfortunatley for me my skin seems to think it's as delicious as it smells and it devours it completely very quickly...

Off to someone who can love it more!

Imp: Hahahaha! This is a seriously sugary blend. Watermelon Airheads candies and strawberry lip gloss. It just feels like a "wet" scent. Juicy!

Wet: Still very heavy on the watermelon. It's like I jumped into a big vat of fruit juice, and I'm floating on a lemon slice. Just a tiny bit sour, but it takes some of that hypersweet edge off.

Dry: Ooh, strawberry lemonade! I was afraid this might be too candy-like for me, and it yet might be. It's making me crave a roll of Starburst candy.

15 minutes later: I'm still sniffing my skin but I think doing so is giving me a cavity. It's a very fun scent, but it's not my type and I'll end up passing it on.

OOOooooo... I am such a sweet junkie, and this stuff is the ultimate sugar scent! So sweet and fruity and juicy watermelon candy-like... I cannot get enough of it.

It smells like I rolled in watermelon jolly ranchers and bathed in fizzy cherry kool-aid, and I can see how that would likely be frightning for some, but I just love it- I feel so... ummm... lickable!

I could bathe in this scent...

I can't believe i never reviewed this one ... I adore this one. Smells like Watermelon Jolly Ranchers and lemonade to me. sweet and candy-like bit witha fruityness that offsets the sweetness so that it isn't cloying. It's both fresh and sweet and WONDERFUL!

Bottle: Watermelon candy. Yum!

Wet: Watermelon candy. So sugary smelling I keep thinking my arm should be sticky with sugar and syrup.

Drydown: You guessed it, watermelon candy!

Dry: Watermelon candy.

My rating: 3/5. See, it smells absolutely delicious --but do I want to smell like watermelon candy as a fragrance? Hmm....Must ponder further. Edit: Revised rating: 4/5. I think this will be much, much better in the colder months to come than in the sticky heat of the end of summer.

Edited by DifferentDances

This is very tangy and sweet. I get only the barest hints of the lime and other fruits. For the most part this is bright pink watermelon. Watermelon hard candies, to be exact. This is sweeter and more complex than a jolly rancher, but I'm sure it would come to mind for some.

This wears really well on my skin for a couple of hours before fading into a slightly sugary-dusty finish.

I love this - very sugary fruits (watermelon and lime predominately). It is a real pick me up scent for me. Lasts a couple hours on me, and really doesn't morph much at all.

So glad I got the chance to try this!

Very yummy- lickable- watermelon jolly ranchers and lime. Mmmmmm... Very frisky fun and sweet! Settles down into a nice fruity (pretty peachy!) smell that sticks around!

First sniff: Hee hee! I was expecting Jolly Ranchers and that’s exactly what I’m getting. It’s super-fruity but crystallized and candy-sweet. Mostly watermelon and citrus.

Wearing: My wrists are made of lollipops! And the tart citrus takes the edge off the sugary sweetness. To the point that – astonishingly – it actually becomes a little too tart for me as it dries. Which is just nuts considering the amount of sugar in the wet stages. Mighty Morphin’ Power Treat!

Treat #1 smells like my absolute favorite candies all rolled up and smooshed into a bottle for my olfactory pleasure. Watermelon and strawberry Jolly Ranchers and gummi worms with a generous helping of sugar crystals and a touch of that sour citric acid tinge. This scent seems to hover rather than sticking to where I applied it, I couldn't smell it very well on my wrists but I kept catching hints of sweet candy yummyness all around me. Sadly though, I have to echo what others said about it not lasting very long. It hung around for an hour or so before fading into the exact smell of Smarties, complete with that bit of powdery chalk. Not necessarily a bad smell, just a shame that perfect candy from the imp didn't hang around longer.

I actually bought the bottle of this being unsure I'd like it at all. Thank god I did snatch it up because I'm starting to think I love it! :P

It starts out smelling EXACTLY like a watermelon jolly rancher, then as it dries, it becomes more tart and less sweet, which I assume is the lime and lemon coming out. But they don't smell like LIMELEMON CLEANER, instead adding a nice edge to the blend. It has a sharpness that isn't harsh, but reminds me of the shards of crushed hard candy, and it smells bright PINK. Very lovely, innocent, and perfect for spring, or a hot summer day when there are barely any clouds, and you want to smell PRETTY. I'm very happy with this.

This is absolute silliness in a bottle, and I adore it. A mountain of hard candy is the perfect description for this. I don't get much watermelon, but there's tons of lemon and lime with a dash of strawberry thrown in, with a few pounds of sugar piled on top. It smells like rock candy. I think what I love most about this scent is that it's impossible to sniff it without smiling, you just can't be sad if you're wearing it.