Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
supremegoddessofall

Who are the authorized resellers?

I have a question for anyone who's been to Nail Polish Etc outside of Will Call. Are there still testers/sniffies available if you go during regular business hours? I love to sniff some retail only Salons before deciding which ones to purchase.

Yes.....they are available to sniff during the off will call hours! It's like going to into the Wonka Chocolate factory by yourself! :P

Sorry if this has already been discussed, please slap me on the wrist and move this if that is the case! :P

I was Amazon link-hopping and decided on a whim to search and see if anyone had put their BPALs up on amazon, and found this instead (that's a page of search of "black phoenix alchemy lab" "bpal" brings up slightly different, but very similar results)

It seems as if the lab itself is selling on amazon which is very cool IMO. :D

Well, I'm not going to slap you on the wrist.............unless you want it, then..... :P

Here is the thread where the subject of Amazon was brought up when it was noticed a few months ago. It starts around page 4 of the thread and it is legit and it actually is the lab. :D

Edited by portalkat

Yes, it is the lab. Actually, Puddin handles all the shipping of items from Amazon. (Or at least he has the 2 previous times I have ordered from Amazon.) I just placed another order over the weekend, in fact. :P

Well, alright then. Thanks! Since I got an Amazon gift card for Christmas, I know what I'll be doing with it! :P

I was just thinking the same thing! And there I thought I didn't know what I wanted to spend them on...

Oh, that is scary! Is there any real difference between buying from the lab and buying from them through Amazon, besides being able to use Amazon gift certificates*?

(* Oh, that is scary... I am in so much trouble now... :P)

I placed two orders thru Amazon and I had them both in about 10 days! I still got frimps and postcards like a regular lab order.. it's great to get some almost instant gratification!

holy shivers.... this is BAD. I can use my American Express credit card on Amazon (I can't on the bpal site, which has probably actually been a GOOD thing, at least for my wallet!) There goes my self-restraint..............!!!

This is bad for my wallet but good for potentially getting gifts! I know lots of my family would be weird about placing an order directly with the lab - but Amazon? That's a well known large online retailer! Wish-list ahoy!

I've already added a few things to my wishlist. I think my friends will be surprised at the prices though, I'm desensitized because it's WORTH IT! But they may go '8 ounces of oil for... 27 bucks?' And what is all this TKO business?

I guess it's a good thing there's only part of the catalog up for sale, because if not, this gift cert I have from my friend would have melted very fast.

I remember at the will call I attended a few months ago that Shelldoo had some BPTP stuff at her salon, like room sprays, nail polishes and the like.

Does she carry any of the foot scrubs? I've fallen hard for them, and might be making will call at some point... soon. :P

Thanks for the reminder about BPAL on Amazon -- I had over $50 in gift certificates after the holidays, so guess what hopped into my cart when I used them up -- TKO massage oil. I'm looking forward to it!

Oh, my.

I just snagged a 5 mL of Shub-Niggurath and a big bottle of Castitas. No patience for me! (Hah hah, Patienta... hah... ok, not that funny). But it's funny how all my gifts turn into BPAL/BPTP in the end. And technically, didn't pay a cent and still have about a buck left over to cover anything else I buy from the 'zon.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but....

Should Posh Brats, the only authorised UK reseller, really be selling bottles of the Retail-Only Salons (among other scents) for 6.99 on Buy It Now on ebay? It seems to be undercutting the lab by quite a lot.... I don't know what kind of arrangement they ahve with the lab, but this caught my attention.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/poshbratsu...QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but....

Should Posh Brats, the only authorised UK reseller, really be selling bottles of the Retail-Only Salons (among other scents) for 6.99 on Buy It Now on ebay? It seems to be undercutting the lab by quite a lot.... I don't know what kind of arrangement they ahve with the lab, but this caught my attention.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/poshbratsu...QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

I noticed that the price is not $6.99, but 6.99 pounds sterling, but that still comes out to only about $10.50, so............yeah, wtf?!?!

Edited by portalkat

I remember at the will call I attended a few months ago that Shelldoo had some BPTP stuff at her salon, like room sprays, nail polishes and the like.

Does she carry any of the foot scrubs? I've fallen hard for them, and might be making will call at some point... soon. :D

LOL she makes the foot scrubs, so I would think she would carry them ;)

Edited by Midnight Aeval

It is in violation of the lab's policies for any of our retailers to sell our products online. Posh Brats is aware of this, but is currently liquidating their product and don't care. Unfortunately that leaves us with no UK retailer once again.

It is in violation of the lab's policies for any of our retailers to sell our products online. Posh Brats is aware of this, but is currently liquidating their product and don't care. Unfortunately that leaves us with no UK retailer once again.

Agh, that sucks.

Wonder if the big Wholefoods branch in London would be an option....?

I...Unfortunately that leaves us with no UK retailer once again.

Agh, that sucks.

Wonder if the big Wholefoods branch in London would be an option....?

No idea about Wholefoods, but I would have thought at least one of the more esoteric shops in the Covent Garden/Seven Dials area might be a good fit (Mysteries & Treadwells come to mind)