Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
supremegoddessofall

Who are the authorized resellers?

if they get it to be more user friendly i believe people will notice it much more. a good effort :P

Now that I know it's legit (thank you, Rheliwen, for linking to the post above that shows it's official Lab product), I went and checked it out. That's so cool! It's amusing to see what else gets pulled in when you search "BPAL" (though I would REALLY like to know why that Love Potion bottle gets pulled in - don't tell me after everything they put the Lab though with its "Love Potions" category, they've become keyword spammers now!). Even that gives me a giggle, though. :P

Now that I know it's legit (thank you, Rheliwen, for linking to the post above that shows it's official Lab product), I went and checked it out. That's so cool! It's amusing to see what else gets pulled in when you search "BPAL" (though I would REALLY like to know why that Love Potion bottle gets pulled in - don't tell me after everything they put the Lab though with its "Love Potions" category, they've become keyword spammers now!). Even that gives me a giggle, though. :D

Yup, the Love Potions listing does seem to be keyword spam. :P Ironic, isn't it? It was discussed in that same copyright thread linked above. That Love Potions company creeps me out no end - all that aggressive trademark-defending on eBay where they got other people's auctions taken down for using words similar to "love potion", and now this. Ugly. I sent Amazon a complaint, so maybe they'll finally do something about it.

(ETA: I'm not referring to anyone here! Just thinking of people I know who've said that the website is too big and confusing - I might direct them to Amazon instead in the future.)

The website IS big and scary... thats half the fun! Spending several hours looking through categories and picking out what you want. Thats how I did it, and then I converted my roommate and thats how she did it :P

Hrm, Amazon is one of the few sites my mum doesn't mind ordering from (very paranoid about online shopping). CHRISTMAS PRESENTS!

It's very cool to know that they are on Amazon now.

Yay, that means it will be easier to ask for bpal items for Christmas and birthday. I can put them on my wishlist and that way none of my family has to figure anything out.

Ok, I thought one of the funniest things was when I searched for BPAL, a book called Ants Have Sex in Your Beer came up. :P

Edited by Femme_Fatale

Ok, I thought one of the funniest things was when I searched for BPAL, a book called Ants are Having Sex in Your Beer came up. :P

Win.

Ok, I thought one of the funniest things was when I searched for BPAL, a book called Ants are Having Sex in Your Beer came up. :P

Win.

Ok, now they really need to make an oil with that name. I would buy it for the name alone. :D

Ok, I thought one of the funniest things was when I searched for BPAL, a book called Ants are Having Sex in Your Beer came up. :D

And the last item on the list is "Computational Physics: Fortran Version"

:P

So I placed an order for the BPAL stuff listed on Amazon.com and it shipped very fast! It only took 4 days from order to receive! The package shipped from the Trading Post, not the Lab, so I got some frimps plus a goblin squirt of Queen's Croquet Ground. Yummy! I definitely recommend this method for anyone wanting something GC in a jiff.

Apparently there is now a UK/EU stockist of BPAL. http://shop.poshbrats.com/index.asp -> see the announcement in the upper right corner of the page.

Does anyone know more about this? Which scents are available, how much do they cost etc.? And are they an authorized reseller?!

Edited by etienne

Apparently there is now a UK/EU stockist of BPAL. http://shop.poshbrats.com/index.asp -> see the announcement in the upper right corner of the page.

Does anyone know more about this? Which scents are available, how much do they cost etc.? And are they an authorized reseller?!

I've heard about this, also. I figured she must have some sort of Lab affiliation as I know she sells the retail-only salons in her brick and mortar store (she doesn't sell them online, but I know for a fact she does on a forum, if someone requests them). Also she says she will soon be carrying Trading Post stuff? Interesting.

I have refrained from ordering from them as 1. there hasn't been an official Lab announcment and 2. I would sooner just order from the Lab and have all my money go straight to them.

Edited by Esmeria

YAY :P

Just wanted to have a little freak out and dance around that we now have a UK Authorised re-seller of BPAL.

Yup it's in Cheshire...and yup...I'm in London and don't live anywhere near but yay..so appreciative of this. And now I'm gonna try to go and see this shop and the BPAL in all it's glory!!

Hopefully this is the start of something else and us Londoners will have somewhere to get some from too!

Thank you BPAL!

:D:P:P:P:P

ETA: I just emailed Poshbrats with questions about which oils they will be carrying and if they will be carrying trading post oils/products etc!

How exciting?

Edited by ouch!

WOWZERS, They replied really fast.

Just for people who don't know already....here is what they siad in their reply.

Hello,

Right now we are carrying the retail only line. Below is a list of what we have in stock. We do have testers for all scents in our shop so you're welcome to come by and try them out.

Later on we will have more BPAL scents as we increase consumer interest in this line here in the UK. We do have a order going in that will expand our scent line and yes, we will be carrying the Trading Post massage oils, nail polish, bath oils, and atmosphere sprays. We should have this order in stock in a few weeks. Thanks so much for your interest!

Best Regards,

Brittany

www.poshbrats.com

www.candlecrypt.com

Bottles are 10.00 each and shipping to the UK is 1.24 for the first bottle .75 for each additional

AUTUMN

Dry leaves, osmanthus, sandalwood, and rose absolute.

THE BLACK SWAN

Water lily, peony, seaweed absolute, lotus, Spanish moss, violet leaf, and marine accord.

EL AMOR Y LA MUERTE

Clove, red sandalwood, orris, rose, opoponax, benzoin, and patchouli.

HALOES

Oak, tonka, vanilla, white sandalwood, lily of the valley, white ginger, amber, and apricot.

HEAVENLY LOVE & EARTHLY LOVE

Ambergris accord, benzoin, teakwood, frankincense, myrrh, Mysore sandalwood, and incense.

JUDITH AND HOLOFERNES

Skin musk, honey, carnation, French magnolia, patchouli, sandalwood, and immortelle.

LA VAGUE

White peach, lily of the valley, jasmine, rose, iris, osmanthus, tangerine, white wine grape, and cream accord.

LUCIFER

Patchouli, golden amber, deep woods, fig, and vetiver.

MAD KATE

Honeycomb, red currant, freesia, vanilla, rose geranium, thyme, and gardenia.

PARSIFAL

Paperwhite narcissus, petitgrain, rosemary, cyclamen, and ozone accord.

PEACOCKS

Asian pear, white musk, bamboo pulp, violet, ambergris, sugar cane, night-blooming jasmine, plum, freesia, and moss.

ROZPUSTNICA

Blue and white musks, moonflower, rose, magnolia, lemon verbena, and lychee.

WEZWANIE / HOLD

Hazelnut, vanilla bean, red sandalwood, amber, myrrh, and honey.

I too emailed Posh Brats and got a reply, really quickly. Yowzer!

I'm very pleased about it, not least because I am in Cheshire! :P

Ooh, yay, Trading Post stuff!

Edited: cos I am a fool.

Edited by SheCreature

*pouts in Jealousy*

:D

Posh Brats sounds like a wonderful place to putter around for an afternoon.

I am hoping for an authorized retailer in Providence, RI since H.P. Lovecraft is from Providence. (The one in Rhode Island-apologies to Don Henley). There is a Whole Foods in Providence. :P

I think I saw a Whole Foods store in Little Rock, AR...I told my husband that I'd heard of the store before but not its BPAL connection. He may ban me from ever going there if he finds out, even if the LR location never gets any BPAL. :P But oh, how I wish they would!

*pouts in Jealousy*

:D

Sorry! :D

On the plus side, I can report back and let you know what it's like!

Darn... I was quite happily thinking "BPAL in the UK? That's interesting" without any urge to drive halfway across the country to see it. But now you have all posted the descriptions of the retail only scents (and testers as well), it becomes very tempting.

I went into Posh Brats today, and walked out with a load of Dark Candles votives (which I've been after for ages but was put off by the heeee-uge postage), some Arcana soaps, a Velvet Moon Bathery soap and one my husband picked out, and my husband got frimps of Autumn BPAL and El Amor y la Muete because he couldn't decide which he liked the most!

It's great, and the lady who owns it told us she's expecting more BPAL stuff and it should be in in a few weeks!

Hi all,

I figured it would be fitting if I created a profile here since you were kind enough to mention my shop. :P

I am Brittany, the owner of Posh Brats Ltd in the UK and one of the latest retailers to carry the BPAL line.

The response to the announcement has been quite overwhelming, my e-mail has been bulging and my inventory steadily decreasing!

I hope the UK peeps will stop in if they are ever in the area. Our BPAL line is small right now but we have quite a large order coming in next week of more scents plus lots of Trading Post items.

Feel free to contact me at poshbrats@gmail.com with any questions .

Best Regards xx

I'm very pleased about it, not least because I am in Cheshire! :D
*pouts in Jealousy*:D
Sorry! :( On the plus side, I can report back and let you know what it's like!
*smiles with glee*:D
Hi all,I figured it would be fitting if I created a profile here since you were kind enough to mention my shop. :D I am Brittany, the owner of Posh Brats Ltd in the UK and one of the latest retailers to carry the BPAL line.The response to the announcement has been quite overwhelming, my e-mail has been bulging and my inventory steadily decreasing!I hope the UK peeps will stop in if they are ever in the area. Our BPAL line is small right now but we have quite a large order coming in next week of more scents plus lots of Trading Post items.Feel free to contact me at poshbrats@gmail.com with any questions .Best Regards xx
Yay...welcome to the forum! :P

I'm very pleased about it, not least because I am in Cheshire! :D
*pouts in Jealousy*:D
Sorry! :( On the plus side, I can report back and let you know what it's like!
*smiles with glee*:D
Hi all,I figured it would be fitting if I created a profile here since you were kind enough to mention my shop. :D I am Brittany, the owner of Posh Brats Ltd in the UK and one of the latest retailers to carry the BPAL line.The response to the announcement has been quite overwhelming, my e-mail has been bulging and my inventory steadily decreasing!I hope the UK peeps will stop in if they are ever in the area. Our BPAL line is small right now but we have quite a large order coming in next week of more scents plus lots of Trading Post items.Feel free to contact me at poshbrats@gmail.com with any questions .Best Regards xx
Yay...welcome to the forum! :P

Thanks so much for the welcome!

Hi... newbie n00b n00b speaking :P one thing I've been thinking of concerning BPAL while stalking the site silently is making a small quiant shop for online awesomeness (including and mostly consisting of BPAL scents!)

This would make me INSANELY proud and happy if I managed to pull something even close to it off.

I was idly wondering how and IF it would be possible to become a retailer of gorgeous gorgeous BPAL merch? maybe someone knows something... I know online shopping is not immensely common in my small country, and BPAL isn't a major thing like... oh, idk, E-bay for example, which is used by everyone and their dog.

So just a hazy idea by me, most probably not doable and la-la-landish... but if anyone can chip in on this thought, chip away!