Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
supremegoddessofall

Who are the authorized resellers?

And indeed, are the DD-exclusive Poe scents going to be GC or LE?

I've been wondering this for a while, too. Will the Oval Portrait ever come back to DD or was it an LE? Anyone have any insight? Thanks :P

I *think* that the Poes were a "GC until they're gone, and then that's it" kind of thing.

Anyway, I was wondering about the BPAL set up at Whole Foods. We're going to Atlanta in a couple weeks, and once I realized that there were Salons to be had, we decided to make a stop. Are there testers or should I go in knowing what I want ahead of time? And if I do know what I want to pick up, if I call in, could they hold things for me? Also, what GCs are available? The idea of BPAL being sold *in a store* is blowing my mind! :P

I *think* that the Poes were a "GC until they're gone, and then that's it" kind of thing.

Anyway, I was wondering about the BPAL set up at Whole Foods. We're going to Atlanta in a couple weeks, and once I realized that there were Salons to be had, we decided to make a stop. Are there testers or should I go in knowing what I want ahead of time? And if I do know what I want to pick up, if I call in, could they hold things for me? Also, what GCs are available? The idea of BPAL being sold *in a store* is blowing my mind! :D

Go to the Roswell WF--they have better selection, an actual display, more testers, AND they'll give you a forum discount if you talk to Lisa (AND she's XOMom on here, and is a delightful fellow BPALer to meet :D). I think she can hold stuff, might even be able to order it in time. You might try PMing her directly. And the Duluth WF is my local one, but they ALWAYS annoy me when it comes to BPAL. There's always stuff stacked in front of the display, several scents no longer have testers and the testers have not been replaced. I've been thinking about Lucifer, but I'm waiting until I can get back to the Roswell WF to buy it :P.

As I recall, they had all the retail Salons, plus some of the valentine scents (they might be gone now), and Bordello, Cheshire Cat, Dorian, Dragon's Milk, Alice, Embalming Fluid, Snake Oil, Shub, Deep In Earth, Defutata, Fascinum...drawing a blank on the others, but I think they're listed on the BPAL WF thread on the forum.

It's really fun to go!

Anyway, I was wondering about the BPAL set up at Whole Foods. We're going to Atlanta in a couple weeks, and once I realized that there were Salons to be had, we decided to make a stop. Are there testers or should I go in knowing what I want ahead of time? And if I do know what I want to pick up, if I call in, could they hold things for me? Also, what GCs are available? The idea of BPAL being sold *in a store* is blowing my mind! :)

Go to the Roswell WF--they have better selection, an actual display, more testers, AND they'll give you a forum discount if you talk to Lisa (AND she's XOMom on here, and is a delightful fellow BPALer to meet :D). I think she can hold stuff, might even be able to order it in time. You might try PMing her directly. And the Duluth WF is my local one, but they ALWAYS annoy me when it comes to BPAL. There's always stuff stacked in front of the display, several scents no longer have testers and the testers have not been replaced. I've been thinking about Lucifer, but I'm waiting until I can get back to the Roswell WF to buy it :D.

As I recall, they had all the retail Salons, plus some of the valentine scents (they might be gone now), and Bordello, Cheshire Cat, Dorian, Dragon's Milk, Alice, Embalming Fluid, Snake Oil, Shub, Deep In Earth, Defutata, Fascinum...drawing a blank on the others, but I think they're listed on the BPAL WF thread on the forum.

It's really fun to go!

Wow! That sounds awesome. I can't wait! :P

What about us poor San Diegans...driving to LA is no fun!!

Try driving there from Canada. :P

Go to the Roswell WF--they have better selection, an actual display, more testers, AND they'll give you a forum discount if you talk to Lisa (AND she's XOMom on here, and is a delightful fellow BPALer to meet :D). I think she can hold stuff, might even be able to order it in time. You might try PMing her directly. And the Duluth WF is my local one, but they ALWAYS annoy me when it comes to BPAL. There's always stuff stacked in front of the display, several scents no longer have testers and the testers have not been replaced. I've been thinking about Lucifer, but I'm waiting until I can get back to the Roswell WF to buy it :P.

I'll have to second this opinion. I shoulda listened to you, savage_rose...but the Duluth WF is ten minutes from my work and it seemed like a good idea to go there for lunch. The smoothie and the free chair massage were great...the BPAL shopping, not so much. There was a restocking cart blocking the display, which was dusty and not appealingly arranged and the aforementioned lack of testers was also an issue. And there were no Steamworks scents, even though they are in stock in Roswell.

Personally, I'd love to see BPAL at the Briarcliff/Lavista Whole Foods in Decatur...*hint hint*

--Cindy

Alas, I don't think Ohio qualifies as cool enough to get BPAL at a retailer. We get passed over for everything (unless it's an election year).

But I am going to LA in a couple of weeks and want to go to Le Pink. I can't find any good info on the web that gives any description of what they carry in regards to BPAL. What lines to they carry? Are imps available? What are their hours? Anybody know??

Alas, I don't think Ohio qualifies as cool enough to get BPAL at a retailer. We get passed over for everything (unless it's an election year).

But I am going to LA in a couple of weeks and want to go to Le Pink. I can't find any good info on the web that gives any description of what they carry in regards to BPAL. What lines to they carry? Are imps available? What are their hours? Anybody know??

They carry the retail-only salons and a smattering of general catalog scents. Bottles only, none of our retailers offer imps.

Le Pink's website isn't much more than a billboard, but there is contact info there - you could call about hours and get other details. Jealous that you're visiting LA!

So my friend went to amazon.com and punched in "bpal" and got a bunch of hits. It says they are made by and shipped from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab......but I'm confused, I've been into bpal for over a year now and never once heard that it could be purchased through Amazon.

So, my questions are, is this really the lab? is it some illegal vendor? if it is the lab, do shipping times vary? and a load of other questions like that.......

I'm all for sharing the madness, but I'm suddenly very scared that I'm gonna start smelling Snake Oil everywhere I go.

ETA: I really did search for this on the forum, so if I'm repeating a previous thread please forgive me.

Edited by fatalbellydance

So my friend went to amazon.com and punched in "bpal" and got a bunch of hits. It says they are made by and shipped from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab......but I'm confused, I've been into bpal for over a year now and never once heard that it could be purchased through Amazon.

So, my questions are, is this really the lab? is it some illegal vendor? if it is the lab, do shipping times vary? and a load of other questions like that.......

I'm all for sharing the madness, but I'm suddenly very scared that I'm gonna start smelling Snake Oil everywhere I go.

ETA: I really did search for this on the forum, so if I'm repeating a previous thread please forgive me.

I searched for BPAL and found 42 items, from GC scents, to stuff from BPTP and other items. What makes me think it's not the lab is that there's a generic photo of a bunch of Snakes from CD for every GC scent that's offered. I doubt Black Phoenix would make that mistake if they were to strike a deal with Amazon (which seems unlikely). My guess is that it's someone else posing as the lab. :P

I searched for BPAL and found 42 items, from GC scents, to stuff from BPTP and other items. What makes me think it's not the lab is that there's a generic photo of a bunch of Snakes from CD for every GC scent that's offered. I doubt Black Phoenix would make that mistake if they were to strike a deal with Amazon (which seems unlikely). My guess is that it's someone else posing as the lab. :P

Yeah, there's generic information about the lab taken directly from the "About the Lab" page on the main site too. But if it isn't the lab, how are they getting product to the buyers???? I'm almost hoping it is the lab, because I'd hate to see someone masquerade as them like this!!!

There's no way it's the Lab--they're selling "Embalming Fluid" nailpolish as "the Lab" and not Trading Post. And BPAL is so proud of who they are, and there's nothing of that here. This is so creepy. As was this feedback comment: ""brilliant. so glad i can get bpal products sent to the uk through amazon as they do not deliver here otherwise"

Date: 8/9/2008 Rated by Buyer: sexymackeral "

SINCE WHEN? Isn't that news to all of the UK fans here who regularly get BPAL shipments?!?

There's no way it's the Lab--they're selling "Embalming Fluid" nailpolish as "the Lab" and not Trading Post. And BPAL is so proud of who they are, and there's nothing of that here. This is so creepy. As was this feedback comment: ""brilliant. so glad i can get bpal products sent to the uk through amazon as they do not deliver here otherwise"

SINCE WHEN? Isn't that news to all of the UK fans here who regularly get BPAL shipments?!?

Damn it! I was so worried about it being a fake. So the question remains, how are they making any money (it's sold at the same prices), and how are they getting the product? I suppose they could be making cheap imitations, which just fills me with another level of malice.

Once we get a definitive answer about this from a labbie or someone, then I say we all go there and post reviews warning people away! It makes me so mad when people take advantage of wonderful people like Beth and Ted. :P

Yeah, that's the one that jumped out at me! :P

eta - oh, Rheliwen was posting the same time I was so I didn't see the post in the link about it actually being the lab.

Edited by portalkat

Ohhh, so that's probably why it doesn't seem like "the lab" yet, they just haven't tweaked it to their specifications. Whew!

I'm so glad it's them :P.

Oh good! I was so worried. The feedback says that the shipping times are REALLY short, any shorter than if ordered from the site???

Yeah, I put a bottle in my cart and it says expected ship time is tomorrow-Monday. At least it's really the lab!

The link mentions that the oils listed are ready and that people can order them that way, so go for it! :D

And I have a ton of Amazon.com credit too... :P

Yeah, I was thinking about buying a couple things from Amazon, but I decided against it when I found out that the shipping isn't any cheaper than direct-from-Lab shipping, and you can't combine it with other Amazon purchases. Plus, I'm sure Amazon takes a cut, so I'd rather avoid that if possible! Still, it's probably a good way in for beginners who find the BPAL website too huge and scary. :P (ETA: I'm not referring to anyone here! Just thinking of people I know who've said that the website is too big and confusing - I might direct them to Amazon instead in the future.)

Edited by ClareN