Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jiggahava

Wisteria

I'm a huge HUGE fan of Wisteria, and I would like to have a fragrance where Wisteria is the most prominent note. I checked BPAL, and there are roughly six fragrances with wisteria in them. I ordered Ode on Melancholy...any more that would be good?

Cordelia and Queen Gertrude are both favorite floral scents of mine (I love Ode on Melancholy too). I can't really say that any of those three are dominantly wisteria, but they are all lovely and very well balanced. I have tried the BPAL wisteria single note, and it is very intense - almost too intense for me! So I prefer wisteria in blends and of course, in its natural state.

Cordelia and Queen Gertrude are both favorite floral scents of mine (I love Ode on Melancholy too). I can't really say that any of those three are dominantly wisteria, but they are all lovely and very well balanced. I have tried the BPAL wisteria single note, and it is very intense - almost too intense for me! So I prefer wisteria in blends and of course, in its natural state.

Thank you! I'll definitley be getting those imps.

now for something completely different!

hava my love!

I am going crazy deciding which halloween scents to order. when I finally decide & ultimately hold them in my hot little hands, you and I must have a smell-fest.

xxoo

k-ho

also:

wisteria. hot.

To me, wisteria has a very PURPLE scent, so you might also look on this thread. Even if the wisteria note isn't present, there are scents that have that sweet purple essence -- for example, Morgause or The Raven.

now for something completely different!

hava my love!

I am going crazy deciding which halloween scents to order. when I finally decide & ultimately hold them in my hot little hands, you and I must have a smell-fest.

xxoo

k-ho

also:

wisteria. hot.

Kathlyn, I love you! We are SO going to have a smell-fest. let's break out the pumpkin pie and the candycorn. YEAHHHHHHHH.

Bumping up this ancient thread because I'm hoping some experienced BPAL'ers can help me.

I'm looking for a wisteria scent that would bring me back to standing on Monet's Japanese Footbridge. The thing is, floral blends tend to not be my favourite thing, so I'd love to find something where wisteria is the frontrunner, or the blend overall is subtle, rather than "kick you in the face" floral. I've read the descriptions of the GC scents with wisteria as a note, but they all have at least one flower that makes me very leery to try it out.

Try The Clock Strikes Midnight from this past Yule! It shouldn't be immensely hard to find. I know it's got blackcurrant which looks as if it would take over but it's actually mostly wisteria and blue musk (at least on me), very ethereal and dreamy. It's definitely my favorite wisteria blend by far.

Hanami is sakura, ume blossoms, and wisteria. I love it to pieces. I'm not really too into florals, either, but I feel like blossoms are less "kick you in the face", as you put it. XD I think it could be a good match for Monet's Japanese Footbridge!

Nothing has been added to this in a while, so I just wanted to update, just in case anyone's looking for this somewhat uncommon note.  Wisteria Blossoms from the 2022 Shungas is gorgeous.  Night Snow at Kambara is a 2016 Yule that was lovely and featured a creamy wisteria.  The Witch Bride is a Weenie that has appeared multiple years and features a prominent wisteria note.  

Edited by VetchVesper