Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The essence of nobility, brutality and true Will made flesh and propelled through the eons by an ever-burning hatred: black patchouli, neroli, tonka, cinnamon, bitter clove, leather, black musk, coffin wood and fiery ginger.

This is an incredibly manly scent. Notes of dark wood, resin, tobacco, spices galore!

It is the same on the skin as it is is the bottle. A layered and unique scent, this one is just too manly for me.

Wow, see, I've been trying the OotD scents for the last little bit now because I just missed them and Dracula is one of my favorite novels of all time. I'm so so so glad this scent exists!

In the decant: Count Dracula smells like time and lust in a bottle. There's a slight bitter edge to it that reminds me of tempered restraint. It's a very refined smell. I could sit here with the decant just smelling it really. I'm completely in love from first sniff.

Wet on my skin: I could still wear this all day long and be happy. I think I'm dying of love. It's turned spicier somehow. There's a hint of smoke and just the tiniest touch of leather. I smell more of a wood scent than a leather one. I love this scent just as it is, then it dries.

Dry on my skin (20 minutes): I'm dying. The smell of man isn't really here. It's the smell of arrogance, if arrogance has a smell. I love the way that it's so refined. I really could wear this myself all the time. I worry if a man was wearing this, I might have to have him. I really might. It's a really good scent. I love it painfully.

Edited by pesha

In bottle: Not much – a tiny bit of amber. So far so good.

Wet: Amber and a bit of spice. Oh :P there’s the patchouli and it’s the evil kind. *scrubs off*

Summary: I should have known that the count would be mild mannered and sophisticated before biting me with patchouli. *drives the imp off to the swap pile with a stake in hand*

In the bottle: Clove, ginger, smoke, leather & cinnamon. I am in heaven.

First on: No! It's going all sour on me, as happens with leather and tobacco. :P Hopefully the sour phase will pass and that heady swoony scent will come back.

Hours later: It faded to a nice light smoky scent with a hint of spice. It's very faint, and I couldn't tell if it was still doing the sour thing or not, so I asked the boy and he said it wasnt and he loved it.

Overall: Damnit, I now need a bottle.

Only brief notes this time, to say that I'm in love with this.

The predominant note is the bitter clove, followed closely by the black musk. I agree with the other reviews that say this is basically the scent of a goth guy at a club. A man in cologne, smoking clove cigarettes. It's a complex blend, but it combines to an austere and smoky blend, deepened by the sensuality of the musk and punctuated by sharp cloves.

I adore clove, so if it weren't for the musk I would buy this by the bucketful. The musk gives this more of a traditional men's cologne quality that doesn't quite suit me, however, I still adore it and will probably wear it.

I have to say…thank you first and foremost Crescentwitch for giving me the opportunity to snag a decant to try..your generosity is appreciated! :D

I love clove. I love ginger. I am beginning a love affair with patchouli. Tonka has always been good to me. The only notes that could cause trouble are the cinnamon, leather and black musk. Here it goes:

Initial sniff from decant: Ooooooohhhh…my, my, my, my MY. Sex-ay. It’s the ginger with the wood and umm..the clove. Ginger is fiery but I am loving it. It does smell a bit masculine..but goodness..it is so…so…so darkly sexy.

Applied wet on skin: Holy cow this is good. :P It’s ginger and then the patchouli and then the wood and clove…swooning..why did I take so long to try this??? I love it…which kind of sucks because now I can’t get it. I think this would be f*cking amazing on a guy..but I doubt I could get my boyfriend to wear it...assuming I could even get my hands on any. Serves me right.

Am not sure I register the leather or musk…which as of right now..doesn’t really bother me since leather hasn’t always worked on me. It’s early though..

Couple of minutes on skin:Hmmm…the ginger calmed down a bit and it’s more clove with a subtle spice from the cinnamon which thankfully is behaving on me and the woods. The questionable leather note indeed makes an appearance on the tail end..but it’s a bit restrained in this blend on me..and that is a good thing. If I keep sniffing obsessively I sometimes get something on the tail end that is a tad bit sour..I wonder if it’s the black musk…but it’s not something I register fully and so overall it’s sill working out extremely well on me.

This is indeed sexy…as some other reviewers have noted..it’s an arrogant sexy…which I find irresistible.

While this is warming up so is the leather…but the tonka tempers it so that it sweetens the usual hot slap of leather I get. Wow.

Twenty minutes later: Well..this has softened considerably..really very close to my skin..and when I take furtive whiffs I think I register a touch of the patchouli..with the leather and tonka sweetening it up and keeping it in check.

Drydown: It’s just wisps of the leather, tonka, woods and ginger.

Lasting power: From first on to drydown the Count does not fool around…9+hours…he knows he can last ALL NIGHT LONG cocky arrogant SOB that he is..but I love him for it. :D Throw on me was soft.

Bottom Line: Count Dracula is hot sexy arrogance with a tinge of danger thrown in. I wish I had someone who would wear this. I love Jolly Roger but that blend is more approachable…the Count is downright dangerously sexy. I’m hoarding my little decant and will begin my journey in trying to procure a bottle..or even more decants..beggars can’t be choosy. :)

I aquired this recently ... it took a bit of searching, but I really liked the description.

In the bottle: rich, a bit sweet even; leather, dry wood, and spices. Enjoyable.

Wet: The clove comes out, undercut with the subtle richness of tonka. A bit of spice and smoke. Very nice, but a bit less throw than expected.

Dry: The clove dies down a bit, but otherwise remains similiar.

Overall: -- 9/10 -- My favorite so far of the blends I've tried. I managed to get this 5ml bottle from the forum after two failed ebay attempts, many thanks to wichapi.

Edited by loptr

A less scary scent than I expected! I'm not a huge leather fan but this is just yummy -- warm, spicy, sexy. I'm reminded a bit of Lush's Olive Branch without the citrus. A companion scent. Very sexy for a woman to wear, confident, brazen, bold -- definitely a PM scent.

In the bottle: leather and nutmeg, very nice combo.

Wet: leather and nutmeg.

Dry down: leather, nutmeg, ginger. The leather is black leather, not brown leather like in Quincey Morris. This is dark and dangerous leather. The nutmeg really comes out, trying to drag ginger out from behind the curtains. Tonka is lending a smooth creaminess to this, and the coffin wood and patchouli make a nice base.

30 minutes: black leather, nutmeg and sexy mens cologne. Count D is definitely the bad boy your parents don't want you dating. :P

Conclusion: This is fantastic. Definitely for men or women who want to wear this when they are being a bad animal. Love this! :D

Rating 1-5: on my skin this is a 5.

Note: this is a review of an aged bottle, as when I first got Count D, it didn't smell as good on. This one aged beautifully.

I had previously tried 'Dracul', and being the big Stoker fan that I am, I was miserable when that one became marmalade cigars on me. But what the Impaler lacked, the vampire count delivered... :D

In the first ten minutes: this was all flames of hot ginger in a forest of deep green, resinous muskiness - utter, utter yumminess! :D

I know those sharper notes can't stay for long, but oh, I wish they would! *sigh*

After an hour or so: a clove-ish musk; not as sharply sexy, but still very delicious and sniffable - and probably devastating on a man.

After several hours this settles into a clean, cologne-type smell - but a very good one, and not too masculine to stop women wearing it (I know I will again).

I loved this, especially its first ten heart-breakingly good minutes. This is my favourite bpal so far - typical it should be an LE. :P

Oddly astringent in the bottle, but don't let that put you off. One the skin, it immediately shifts to spice over leather, musk, and wood. It is pleasant, and yes, vaguely sinister. It does smell like spices used to cover ash and age, something old and precious kept in a carved wood box.

Wet: My nose searches for leather first, and I certainly found it. It's muted by a definite wood note (but not the same gross pine that every other wood note turns into, score!) Then the ginger pops in, but it's not fiery, it's almost sweet. The clove, cinnamon and black musk all add a wearable-ness to it-- turning it from "omg leather and wood!" to "omg, leather and wood COLOGNE!" I'm not catching any bad patchouli, and that's good, because patchouli is usually awful.

Dry: Wow, totally a scent for a man who will fuck you up tonight. In a fucking good way. Damn. Please, Count Dracula, come over and suck my blood?

In the bottle: all I smell is tobacco and ginger - this one definitely has bite! The ginger does have some heat to it to me.

Wet on skin: wood comes out a little more, and the bitter clove lives up to its name.

As it dries: the spices blend a little more, each note developing until it becomes harder to tell them apart. But there is still a smokiness behind it. No patchouli is noticeable to me - which is good because I cannot usually wear it.

Dry: This is the sexiest thing I have worn, moreso than any of the Love Potions I have tried. This is like, rip your clothes off and ravage me sexy.

While, yes, I do think that this would be spectacular on the right guy, I was surprised at how incredibly sultry and feminine this smelled on me.

Husband got one whiff of it and whispered, "wow, you smell good" with a familiar twinkle in his eye. I will definitely be using this bottle up and searching for more.

Throw was good, but it did not last as long on me as it has on others :-(

Oooh, wow. This is extremely masculine. Fortunately for me, I have no man to give it to so I shall simply have to wear it myself. What hardship! :P

In the bottle, this actually doesn't have a clear scent at all. It's a bit - pardon the choice of word - but "sludgy" in a nondescript, can't be identified way.

On the skin though, and the patchouli is INSTANTLY there, eliciting mad squeeage from me since I adore it. It's dark and deep and very heavy. But almost immediately it's joined by something else that gives it depth. I'm not completely sure what it is, but I THINK it could be the leather. Now, leather doesn't always work on me (Highwayman still makes me sob), but when it does it REALLY does. This would be one of those happy happy occasions. :D

Drydown, and some of the other scents are now dancing around a little. The patchouli is ALWAYS there and it's a superb base. But the ginger in particular is now coming through and... oooh, it's almost swoonworthy. This is LOVELY. And the clove is there, too. No definite musk yet, but there's just so much of the scents that ARE there, it's hard to tell. I don't really get the neroli either.

Dry - This doesn't live long on me. This actually depresses me since it's a wonderful blend - very very possibly up there with Umbra on a par for masculinity and all-round sexiness.

I love this. I absolutely ADORE this. It's toe-curlingly good.

*sniffs more*

Strangely enough I get a sharp licorice-type smell from this. It's not bad, not at all. Just not what I expected! I think I may sneak over to my DH and dab some on him, as this is certainly a more masculine scent than I normally like on me.

Expectations: Not good. Musk, incense, spices, leather? My nose doesn't mind these things, but my skin apparently hates them.

In vial: A hint of cinnamon, some unexpected pine.

On skin, wet: Cinnamon and clove, with a generic incense base. Plus something that's making my throat cool and tingly.

On skin, dry: Cinnamon and clove. That's about it (and I'm not complaining). Oh! And a hint of ginger just popped up.

After time: 25 minutes in, it's like someone spilled Three Witches on a leather jacket.

Conclusion: It's okay, but there are similar scents I prefer.

This is a stunningly gorgeous masculine scent. The clove stands out upon first application, but once dry it mingles to reveal the slightest hint of neroli, just a touch of leather and some musk to bind it all. The tonka lends a rounder feel to the whole blend, adding a slight vanillin sweetness to counter act all those bitter notes. Can't detect the cinnamon in this, it is very subtle. It's spicy, warm and the teensiet bit creamy.

This is what I thought Severin was going to smell like. It smells so very spicy tea and leather to me. And good leather, deep black mysterious leather, with just a faint hint of patchouli. Love it

This is one I wasn't sure I'd like, because dark spicy scents aren't really my sort of thing.

In the imp, this smells mostly of cloves, though the ginger's definitely coming through, and I had a moment of reconition with the patchouli (my olfactory senses not being enormously refined). On wet, the cloves stay dominant for a while and then mellow a little into the coffin wood. Yup, I can definitely smell wood, the teak kind rather than cedar (which goes a bit odd on me). The Count starts dark with a hint of the feral, but more sopisiticated than I'd expected. I dislike vetivert, so I'm glad to see it isn't in this one. It's got softer on me after a few minutes, drying a little dusty and hollow, but with an edge underneath. The wood scent isn't mannered, but still not as feral as I'd have thought. This scent, when it warms up on me, becomes hot and arch (I suppose that's the ginger), slightly disconcerting.

Overall: good. Very good. It's one that is cloves incarnate, and won't suit my mood a lot of the time, but I'll still probably wear occasionally. To be honest, it's so good that despite not wearing it much I would, as with Dr John Seward, buy a bottle just to sniff it.

Dammit, I want the lab to reissue these at some point! I came along far too late to get them, and if they reissued them, I'd get the whole set in bottle form without a thought. The male scents are so individual, like this one couldn't be mistaken for anything else, at least not in my mind.

The perfect chai tea blend- I can't get over how this smells exactly like one of my favourite beverage :P

I've tried chai scents from other etailers, but they either smell too harsh or artificial. This is smooth and rounded, which I think must be the musk and tonka. When he's not drinking the blood of virgins, Cound Dracula likes to put the kettle on for a nice cuppa. Who'd have thought it? :D

Welcome to my nose...

Imp: Very cinnamony, with a hint of patchouli

Wet: The clove comes screaming out and don't quit

Drydown: It reminds me of old spice, but a lot darker and definitely more sinister, with a musky undertone.

Unfortunately, not a favorite, but I shall hold onto this precious gift.

In the vial: Oooh, there's something just wrong about this one. Leather and coffin wood are what come to mind, although that's not exactly what I'm smelling. It's more like embalming fluid.

Wet: Very different now. I get biting spices and a hint of some kind of floral underneath it. Then the patchouli chimes in. This has potential.

Twenty minutes: I think the neroli has come out to play; there's an ethereal presence that wasn't there before. Other than that it's mostly clove with some lesser spice elements. It kind of smells like a spice merchant's store with carved wooden boxes and leather.

One hour: Clove is still the dominant note. I think I would like this better if it were a little stronger on me. The blend of it has turned very pleasant, and my arm smells great, but it's not very powerful. The only thing I notice from more than six inches away is the clove.

Two hours: Still very pleasant, although it's starting to sour a bit. Still not enough throw.

Four and a half hours: Now it smells somewhat different: -- like musk, leather, and something else. It's definitely gone masculine, too. I would really like this particular incarnation of it, on the right man.

Count Dracula (decant)

I'm not going to try to tease apart the notes here, since I'm a complete newbie at this and everyone above me has done a much better job than I could. I'll just say I'm certain I recognized tobacco -- like a cigar store -- and that's not even a listed note.

This is a tough scent. Not necessarily "male", but it's not subtle. This conjures images of a biker dude, with the leather jacket and attitude; definitely not the sleek assassin or swordsman. You don't mess with someone wearing this stuff, because they'll be right in your face -- thuggish.

It's heavy, dark, sharp. Is that patchouli or the whole blend? At any rate, I can't wear it, but it's as much the attitude as anything else. Could be great for a day you're feeling it.

In the bottle, clove and musk are predominant to me.

Wet on skin, clove & musk are very strong on my skin. Can detect leather note as well.

As it dries, it becomes spicier and I can now smell the cinnamon, ginger, wood, and patchouli.

I really like this scent. It's dark without being overwhelming on me.

mysteriously sweet and dark, like Black Opal but spicier. I love all the notes. It's just not quite evil enough... hm. I bet on my bf it will be more sinister, though-- he amps sinister notes. :P