Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Unquenchable desire, seething lust, malevolent sexuality, and voracious hunger lurking beneath a shimmering veil of unearthly beauty: gleaming skin musk, honey and white amber, plum blossom, osmanthus, sandalwood, calla lily, and a light, sensual blend of Eastern spices.

I loved it when I first put it on. So lovely, sweet white florals with some spice and wood to round it out. Now, I still like it, but the spice and wood are much stronger with a touch of incense to it. The scent over all is a little light, though, but this could be because I put it on lightly, not sure of what I would get it. I don't usually put on BPAL for the day that I haven't tested yet, but I was too eager to find out what it was like, and I'm so glad I did.

I'm going to have think a little more on this one and try it again in a week or so. I might still end up getting a second bottle.

Not a Bridezilla by any means. This is soft, light, and reminds me a little of the smell of lipstick in the tube. Very feminine and work friendly. On the downside, the wedding doesn't have much of a reception and you need to renew the vows every so often by re-applying.

Wet: honeyed flowers.

Drydown: Ahh lily. How I love calla lily. Let me count the ways... on the downside the lily in this blend comes up first and foremost, does a teasing little wave, and disappears damned fast. Woe. I get a hint of white flowers, but for the most part, my chemistry is drowning it out with the honey. Same goes for the spices, they're there for a second and gone. At one point I get a brief waft of something that smells almost like orchid (very sweet, very floral), but again, I think the honey's the culprit. It's beaten down all the other notes for me.

Overall I think I was hoping this blend wouldn't be as sweet as it is, it's almost too floral for my liking.

3/5 on Medici's Scale o' Lurve

at first: it's hard to catch the scent of this. it's a bit sweet and dark, but not at all heavy.

on: very light and powdery. sweet.

half an hour later: a sweet, fruity scent, with a lot of earthiness in the background.

2 hours later: warmer and still sweet. the amber is coming out more now.

3 hours later: sweet, deep, dark amber.

4 hours later: a bit powdery, but still a lovely amber.

8 hours later: still warm amber.

overall: this just ended up as straight amber on me.

The Brides of Dracula:

In the bottle I smell honeyed florals and somethin sweet.

On my skin, it's very light and soft. I get floral spices, honey, & musk.

The scent is sheer, feminine, and graceful.

It stays mostly sweet and musky with the spices fading after awhile, but a soft amber becomes present after some time.

It's a beautiful scent but it doesn't last as long as I'd like it to.

Loves it anyway!!

I must admit I was really expecting this to be a musky, spicey love fest with tons of throw. No such luck. It's a very, very light scent, and once I apply it to my skin it has almost no throw. It clings very close to the skin. It's a sort of a light musk, spicey floral; I can smell the loveliness of the spices, but i just wish they were stronger. It dries down to a faint lily note. I'm sad, I had such high hopes for this one, but I will find my bottle a better home.

In the bottle, I get the strong florals -- to me it smells a bit rosy, but milder -- must be the lily.

I'm not a big fan of florals, but I'm game so I put it on.

tick tock tick tock -- 20 minutes later ...

Okay, I'm still smelling the floral, although it's faint. And y'all may call me crazy, but I swear, it smells like the peanut dressing at the japanese steakhouse. ~blink~

I guess that's the eastern spices.

It's ... interesting. I'm not sure if it's me, though. But it's definitely interesting. It's making me seriously want to go to the steakhouse tho.

This is much more floral than I thought it would be as well. It's VERY feminine, a little too pretty for my style but I can definitely see this scent having a lot of fanatic devotees over time. I never did get cream or spices, and the florals are...right in the middle? Not light, not heavy. Very balanced and more than a touch on the sweet side.

In the Bottle/ Wet: Medium floral, with something vaguely seductive.

Dry: Most of the floral has disappated, leaving something slightly sour. It's not an unpleasant sourness, but vaguely disorienting. Very Brides of Dracula...beautiful, feminine, and something is just a little...off, disconcerting. All of the dis- words! :P

It really works with this blend.

i had some fear of the calla lily and honey in this, but figured i'd try it anyway. in the bottle it smells like a crisp, white floral-i definitely get a 'bride' feeling from it. however, on my skin it makes me sneeze and unfortunately i am getting a wilting-sour-floral scent from this, like that point when flowers start to turn. :P i think it's the osmanthus or calla lily, which my skin seems to have amped to the nth degree. i am so sad, i was really really hoping this would work on me.

so, so pretty!

first sniff: my very first thought was that this smelled insanely similar to et lux fuit, to me, though with a generous dollop of honey mixed in. slightly 'spicier' flowers, honey, and...well, i guess that's about all i had at first impression.

on me: woah. the honey went vamoose, and it's all 'girlie' smelling now. the spiciness died down, too, which makes me sad - i'm not a sweet floral fan.

verdict: while it smells divine in the bottle, and still smells quite lovely on, it's just not me.

Ooh, this is a straight up floral, lovely and feminine, with something sweet and warm in the background. Must be the musk and the spices. This is beautiful and exotic, a little dark and tragic, and very complex.

I think this would be a great scent for a romantic night out on the town. It's alluring and sexy without being too forward, if that makes any sense. I'm in love.

Upon initial application, I smell plum blossom and calla lily lightly sweetened by honey. A very pretty start. On drydown, the skin musk, amber and spices come out, morphing the pretty floral scent into something dark and sophisticated.

The Brides of Dracula, beautiful, elegant, other-worldly women cloaked in lust, darkness and malevolence. All attributes captured perfectly in this scent. Very grown-up and very feminine. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

In the bottle: The Brides of Dracula smells like a lightly spiced, sheer floral. It smells clean in a way that makes me hope that it will not go soapy on me.

Wet: Interesting! So far, the spices, musk, honey, and amber work together to give this blend a trance-like quality, very apropos.

Drying down: This is sweet and sensual. The flowers are definitely key notes in this blend, but they are not as cloying as they could be. This blend is sexy but elegant.

Dry: I get a hint of the eerie and ethereal from the Brides of Dracula. I used to steer clear from all florals. Of course, BPAL has cured me of that. This is one of those florals that remind me why I ought to try them before forming an opinion. Mmmm.

Later: My husband likes that this is not an invasive floral. (His nose is like mine in that respect.) The notes have melded beautifully, creating a scent that keeps me sniffing myself. I may have to invest in a bottle of this one. It is haunting me mercilessly.

Ah, sexy vampire girls. What's not to love? I wanted this one for the name anyway, but a lot of the notes also bode well--especially the skin musk and honey, which sound so O-ish. On me, the Brides do a quick-change routine--for just a second there was something sexy, honied, and reminiscent of La Fee Verte. Then, suddenly it was all sweet flowers. It's the scent equivalent of catching a glimpse, out of the corner of your eye, of a girl flashing her fangs--but when you turn to look, she's all, "What? I'm totally cute and innocent over here." :P I'm not just crazy about it, but it's a nice floral that I'll wear more in the spring. Besides, what a great name!

ooh, i think this smells quite nice, out of the bottle - i smell plum blossom, similar to the gentleness of budding moon, but this one is chillier and and more sinister, with a "fancy lady" sort of feeling..

on my skin it expands, and i can smell more of what's going on - very leafy green and fresh - like fresh-cut flower stems. to me, this is extremely floral, but not at all sharp or nose-tickling. the longer it's on my skin, the different flowers start to emerge, all the while staying mellowed and honeyed...almost like candied flower petals. wow. and there is something vaguely spicy and creamy too. it does go a bit soapy, but not enough to make me dislike this lovely, dreamy fragrance.

In the bottle, this smelled heavily aquatic, with an overtone of...well, hairspray. Huh. Cautiously, I dabbed it on my skin.

Wet, it was a soft yellow floral, sweet, but not cloying. As it dried and warmed up, the honey came to the forefront - and I think it's the honey that my nose interprets as hairspray smell. Now it's just kind of a soft honeyed floral with a slightly spicy undernote.

It has no throw at all - I have to have my nose right up against my wrist to smell it - and it's not in any sense offensive. It would be a good perfume to wear for work or at meetings. It's not my kind of scent, though. (After a while, I smell like a perfume that one of my great-aunts used to wear.)

Not at all what I expected but still quite nice. All I get is lily, musk and sandalwood with what I would think was violet but is probably the plum blossom. It's a chilly pale blue scent, very feminine and haunting but without much substance. It reminds me more of a delicate phantom than a vampire. I agree that this smells expensive and it's versatile as well - I would wear this as a light day scent and as a sophisticated evening scent. Normally I am not a florals girl but this is pretty and flowery without overkill.

A very delicate and mildly spicy floral. When first applied it revved up upon my skin as heavy old ladie's perfume. I figured it was the lillies as they always seem to do so upon my skiin. After awhile it slowly mellowed out with the combination of the girly florals and the plum blossom it reminded me very much of kindly moon. The drydown in fact where Kindly moon is more in its drydown similar to the Brides of Dracula. I was happy to try it but gave it to my mother whom is a fan of white florals as well. Well done Beth!

In bottle: vague chemical flowers

On skin: floral at once, but not overpowering

Half-hour later: the musk strengthens, but it's not Smutty Musk, it's gentler and girlier. The "Eastern spices" (I'm thinking of Morocco) are barely present.

In conclusion: I have to give a shout-out to valentina who combined Smut and O and named it Smut-O-Rama. When I read this description I thought, "Yay! Smut-O-Rama!" but this obviously isn't the same combo. It's a pretty, slightly spicy floral, but doesn't rev my engine as I hoped.

I don't know why or how but this ended up smelling very close to white rabbit on me. In the beginning it was a bit more floral and in the middle it got very woody. Interesting but I wasn't blown away by it...very surprised at how similar it was to white rabbit on me!

The Brides of Dracula is definetly über-feminine and eerie sexiness! I had actually convinced myself that I could not love this oil because it is very "white" but I have been proven wrong - again :P

I really like the combination of honey, spices and the florals - it is very intriguing and I definetly get an otherwordly vibe out of Brides of Dracula - a masterpiece!

I was expecting more honey and spice out of this, but I smell no honey and only a hint of spice. It's mostly a floral musk to my nose, and it smells a little bit powdery, but not in a bad way. It's extremely well blended, and surprisingly soft and feminine. I don't usually wear florals, but this might have to go into my next order--for now, I'll keep my decant and see how it works out.

My favorite of all the Dracula scents. I didn't know I would love this the way I do. Honey floral that isn't too sweet because of the spicy notes. Pure feminine magic.

I was afraid the skin musk would ruin it for me, but it works perfectly.