Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Unquenchable desire, seething lust, malevolent sexuality, and voracious hunger lurking beneath a shimmering veil of unearthly beauty: gleaming skin musk, honey and white amber, plum blossom, osmanthus, sandalwood, calla lily, and a light, sensual blend of Eastern spices.

Wet, this is quite pretty with a fresh lily-like vibe. As it dries, the scent becomes more like jasmine, which is not listed. It becomes quite powdery, which jasmine does to me, but I'm thinking it's probably the lily. I don't get much else but a powdery lily (jasmine). Ah well. Edited by Shollin

I dunno what in this blend is smelling like mimosa to me, but it's lovely. Soft mimosa with the teeniest hint of lily, and dries down to a very pretty floral (but still heavily mimosa-y) musk.

I was actually expecting this to be more honey-musky, and the spices to come out more, only because my skin tends to amp honey and most spices. I guess it's all about the proportion of the oils used here, which I have no idea about. :lol: Make no mistake, this is a beautiful scent, and the richer elements (honey, spices, musk) are there and add that voluptuous quality, but it may be a tad too floral for me. I'm wondering how it would be layered with something that has more honey and/or spice, though....

Edited by Invidiana

In the decant, this smells like skin musk, amber, honey, and plum blossom. Oh, this may be beautiful. On my skin, it's pretty much the same, and as beautiful as I thought it would be. If this stays the same? This may be a DISO. Beautiful. Absoltuely beatiful. Ker-DISO!

Edited by Venneh

I was hoping for a lot more skin musk, honey, and spices, but I seem to have 'won' the floral lottery here. Brides is very pretty, but it's pretty in a traditional ladies perfumery way, which isn't really my style. I don't feel like I'm mature enough for this scent--it would be much more fitting on someone who frequents drawing rooms, board meetings, or garden parties, or at least who wears a lot more lace than I do. Beautiful and mature and not at all for me.

It breaks my heart that this is an LE and all I have is a partial decant. :violin:

This hasn't morphed on my skin AT ALL--it smells identical in the imp and on my wrist-- it is sweet, juicy musk! The fruity note must be the plum, and oh lord is it beautiful. I get a bit of the honey and a lot of amber and sandalwood.

I am going to be hoarding this like it's no one's business until I can find something similar. LOVE.

This is a really light scent. I can't smell it very well on my skin at all.

I do get a hint of floral honey. Since this doesn't waft too much, I think of this one as a fresh skin scent. Lovely!

The Brides of Dracula

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (BPAL)

Halloweenies: The Order of the Dragon (Limited Edition)

Unquenchable desire, seething lust, malevolent sexuality, and voracious hunger lurking beneath a shimmering veil of unearthly beauty: gleaming skin musk, honey and white amber, plum blossom, osmanthus, sandalwood, calla lily, and a light, sensual blend of Eastern spices.

I picked up this bottle from a fellow forum member and had one heck of a time finding the reviewer site.

In the imp it is a swirl of musk and incense with a faint floral note.

On the skin it is a very soft blend of musk, incenses, and a faint tinge of floral in which the plum blossom is very dominant. I pick up this sandalwood more strongly from the crook of my elbow than I do from my wrist, perhaps the dry down is slower there. There is a sense of sweetness from the honey but the actual honey note does not seem to be standing out.

Well I did not slather with this which I often have to with my dry skin to get a full impression.

what I have at the moment is of a very delicate musk and incense with a mild sweet floral notes but not overly perfumey. I think the spice most likely it's tangled into the musk sandalwood and amber notes it accents but does not speak out fully on its own. This is subtle but complex and delicate with a secretive darkness. This scent obviously aged magnificently and I would love to have more bottles :beg:

The throw has become a tad stronger and I'm hoping there is enough honey in it that it will last all day, bpal honey, even if not a dominent note tends to glue scent to my skin. (I wish I could try the various floral honeys and figure out which ones I could blend to what for that gluing purpose

I bought this bottle off Etsy because I'm a big fan of Dracula, and wanted to keep my Carfax Abbey company with another of the Order of the Dragon scents.

In the bottle: Soft floral, on the sweeter side, with an almost brown sugary note. It's one of the more "wistful" florals that makes me picture the color lavender, and perhaps an old, forgotten woman's dressing table.

On my skin it smells fresh and "cool" at first, almost snowy, with the florals in the background. As it dries, it starts to smell a bit spicier, and almost dusty (which is probably a combination of the sandalwood and skin musk), with the florals still remaining fairly soft.

I find this to be a really pretty scent and I'm glad I snagged a bottle.

I don't know how I didn't post my review of this scent, being a collecting favorite. My most-wanted collected scent. The skin musk and sandalwood are beautiful with the spices, and the florals swirl.

WET: Skin musk, strong and sexy at first. The flowers and honey swell in white sweetness.

DRY: Soft flowers like a fresh bouquet sitting in a vase, surrounded by the slightly sweet smell of arousal. That's the image I get. This doesn't let the lily turn to soap (totally abnormal for lily to stay down,) and the white amber doesn't amp to drown out everything else (also totally abnormal for my chemistry.)

This is everything to me: dry, musky, sexy, slight spice undertones, soft white floral. The skin musk in Neutral makes me happy, but I don't think I'll be able to fully get the image with blending GCs, but that doesn't mean I won't try.

5/5

Edited by PixieSkull

Wet: Soapy florals. Still manages to be really pretty. Hoping the soap settles down and the honey, amber and skin musk come out.

Dry: This dries down to a really lovely white floral. It's a bit high-pitched for my tastes - the amber, honey and musk I was hoping for never really come through, but I can still appreciate its beauty. I am glad to have a decant, but think that will be enough for me.

I'm not really a florals girl, but I bought this when it came out because of the name/associations -- the brides are one of my favourite moments in Dracula. I don't wear it often, but it's the only floral I still have in my collection.

For the first few hours, it's a sweetish billowy white floral. Lotta lily, lotta osmanthus. To be honest, I like but don't love this phase, and kind of wait for it to pass. At 3+ hours, it turns into a lovely, light, slightly spicy amber-musk with a swirl of white flowers. Exactly like the women it describes -- I think of moonlight, flowing hair, and something almost predatory lurking underneath. It hugs close to the skin, but I can smell it when I move my arms. It's feminine and classically beautiful while retaining a bit of a come-hither vibe. Lovely.

Edited by myoubi

For me, this is a dry, honey-dusted white floral  with a swirl of skin musk. The spices and musk get more prominent as time passes. It lasts about 3 hours for me, with little throw.

I bought this when it was released and wore it sparingly, wanting it to last forever. 15 years later, I've been cursed with allergies, and can't enjoy this without sneezing.