Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

To this day, that night of foolishness is still celebrated! This is a light-hearted scent: apple orchards, bright cranberries, and a touch of warm cider.

at first: sweet apples!
on: really bright, fresh apples with a hint of spicy cider. really wonderful.
1 hour later: sweet, but with the crispness of apple.
5 hours later: something in this is going soapy on me. are there apple blossoms in this?
overall: i really liked this at first, but it didn't work on me after awhile.

Mmmm...harvest apples - not just fresh juicy apples, but the trees - the beginnings of the mouldering leaves, the sharp tang of the fruit right off the tree, and the sour tinge of the fruit that's fallen to the ground and gone soft.

And in the background, a hint of smoke and forest herbs and just a touch of berries to round it out. So delish.

I've been hoping SOMETHING apple will work on me and I really do think that the zing of the cranberry might make this very workable.

In the bottle - Okay, maybe my nose is broken, but this smells like SOUR apple to me with a hint of spice to to.

Wet - Sour, sour, sour apple.

Drying - I'm not getting any cranberry, but I have the feeling that THAT is what is souring this apple. With the spice it's like a spiked apple cider. I should note that this is incredibly faint on me. No throw whatsoever. Even the spices are so faint behind the apple...

Dry (1 hour) - This never picked up much scent, just continuing with the sour apple with a touch of spice. And it's so very, very faint.

Overall - WHY do apple scent hate me so much?! This sounded so yummy and then my skin had to go and screw it up...

I swapped for this one recently and it just arrived today. I was worried by some reviews and the description that it would smell too much like an air freshener and/or holiday candle... and that's what it smelled like to me, the moment I sniffed it... and then it bloomed into a perfume. It doesn't smell artificial, but it's not overly sweet like a holiday candle might be. There is something very graceful and almost innocent in this blend. I can't stop sniffing the back of my hand, which is where I tested it earlier. It's not much of a morpher- it just sort of unfurls and gets comfortable- but it is certainly a perfume, rather than a skin scent... if that makes sense? Sometimes the oils wear like a second skin, and sometimes they are perfume-y... and there are other ways they wear, I'm sure, but I'm tired.

I think I may end up liking this more than I originally expected to- this one wasn't high on my list.

LOVE it! I wish I had ordered two bottles before they went away!

In Bottle: Tart apple cider. Sweet, simple, and clean.

On Skin: Still feeling the tart apple, but as it dries down, I'm getting some of that spiciness, the way a good cider should be. It smells warm, like someone's been stirring spices into fresh pulpy apple juice over a low, slow heat.

If you like foody smells and have fun layering, try this one with Drink Me (from the Mad Tea Party GC collection). It smells like hot apple pie.

Wet: Ooh, apple cider.

First on: Cranberries make their entrance, a very nice mellow mix, like warm autumn cider.

Dry: I'm getting something just a bit woodsy, which I'm guessing is the apple orchards. It was quite nice, but as it fades it's going a bit more commercial perfumey, and I'm not liking that. Going to chalk it up to "not for me".

In the bottle: Bright winter wassail that's been left on a window sill and cooled. Apples and cranberries, but not warm, very fresh and bright and out in the crisp fall air-ish.

Wet: The cranberries really pop out in this one first, the apple peeks out of the back here and there, but it's just as bright and glowing as in the bottle.

Dry: Still bright and fresh and now just a touch spicy.

This scent isn't your typical fall scent that's all about warm and fireplaces and coming in from the cold. This one is 'out in the cold and walking in the falling leaves and smelling the fresh air and glorious wassail that's long since cold and just enjoying that time of year.'

It's much brighter than I usually wear, but I really like it.

Very, very fresh and green, almost like a freshly cut pumpkin stem. That's the apples too. Now it’s becoming a little spicy. It tones down a lot and turns into soft, spicy apples, positively beautiful and cheery, and I can almost taste them! A clear, crisp, clean apple note. But maybe a little candle-y for wear as opposed to a room scent. I’ll have to try it again.

All I get from this: A very fake apple, candle-y scent. :P

I wanted to love you! I guess apples don't work on me. :D

I really, really wanted to like this one but it just doesn't like me back. :P It starts off as a really fresh, nicely sweet juicy apple scents with just the right amount of tartness from the cranberries. Sadly the crannies disappear rather quickly and the apples turn plasticky and fake on my skin. I guess I'll just have to stay clear of the really fruity scents, as Fruit Moon did the same thing to me. Maybe it's just the apples...

This doesn't change much, if at all, for me to notice from application to drydown. It's sweet, caramel apples. Very much like the Hesperides. Only slightly less heavy, a little more citrusy.

Verdict: Bright, fresh, crispy juicy succulent apples. But again, just like the Hesperides in my skin. Mmmm. Tasty. :P

I'm so envious of those of you that get apples! I get ... fall-y potpourri. I feel a little like an Illuminations store full of seasonal candles, too. There's something about this scent that doesn't gel for me, like it falls apart on my skin and I get fragments of what it ought to be, but not the whole thing. It sounded like such a good one ... but I'll keep trying!

I get cranberry when sniffing the bottle, but I never get any cranberry on my skin. Starts off as fresh apple with a hint of spice. After a short while, the apple goes off to the background, and I start getting a really dominant cinnamon note. Fortunately, this isn't a Red Hots overwhelmingly fake cinnamon smell (like so many cinnamons smell to me); this smells like I just opened a bottle of fresh cinnamon. Still, it hits a point where it's almost too much. After a while, this starts smelling like mulled cider - the apple has come back into a cooked juice form, and the cinnamon has mellowed and melded in. This isn't a scent I see wearing often, but it's nice as a novelty scent.

Some kind hearted person (sorry I can't remember who) had sent me a sniffie with a wee bit of Punkie Night left to test when I made a purchase from them.

I fell in love. Had to have a bottle!

Mmmmmmmmmmm all those apples and cranberries I believe. Is there a wee hint of vanilla in there too?

This one doesn't morph much at all on me. Smells just like it does in the bottle!

Wore this to a friend's house and she wouldn't stop sniffing me. HAHAHAHHA

This one is definitly in my top five faves!!

I really wanted to like Punkie Night-it has all the right components. It smells delish-apples, cinnamon, caramel, a very fall type fragrance. The exact type that I look for. Except it smells like plastic on me! :P I cannot wear it. I can't stand the smell on me. I guess I will use it as a room fragrance. :D

I LOVE fall scents. :P

Imp: Apple cranberry

Wet: Red, crisp apples freshly picked from the orchard. Sweet pumpkin with cranberry relish. MmmmMM!

Dry: Ooh, spice! The pumpkin goes away and the cranberry only barely lingers, leaving me with mulled apple cider! YUM.

In the bottle, it's all apple cider.

When it's wet, it has a strong apple bite with almost a cinnamon smell underneath -- very apple cider.

Dry: It's spicy now. I think it's nutmeg and cinnamon under the apple, though there's the slightest bit of cranberry in there as well.

If you like foody scents, I think this falls more on the side of foody than fruity, if that makes any sense at all. =)

bottle: fresh apple cider.

wet: this is such a beautiful, juicy apple scent that it almost makes my mouth water. it's sweet and tangy and crisp and delicious.

dry: the cinnamon and other assorted mulling spices really come out when it's dry and unfortunately it enters into yankee candle land at this stage.

overall: i adore this in the bottle and when wet, but not when it dries. :P i will try it as a room scent and see how i like it.

I think I use the word delicious too much in my reviews. Ah well, here we are again...this scent is absolutely declicious. It reminds me more of Christmas than Halloween. It smells like the mulled cider we used to leave out for Santa Claus as a child.

Apples and a hint of spice swirled in cranberries. Punkie Night is a nummy desert. I am so glad I managed to get a bottle of this. :P

This is so juicy and ripe and sweet! Like the perfect basket of red autumn apples. I had to pick this to wear out today b/c it was so cold and this just reminds me of the perfect compliment to a chilly, beautiful, slightly windy day.

The apples in this aren't tart or sour, but very flush and overly ripe smelling. I love that touch of sweetness, but it still remains so natural and fresh. The spices are the right touch...just like a very mild cider. The spices are very light, and only vaguely present in the beginning stages...it's mostly just apple and a bit of crisp, slightly bitter cranberries at the start. As it dries it becomes more musky and I can definetly notice that the spices are dominating all other notes. This actually reminds me of my mom a bit because she is a fantastic baker and this has that same comforting type of scent.

This is the type of fragrance that people on wintery postcards wear....those shiny, golden people that wear knitted caps and have perfectly rosey cheeks and big smiles when they are captured jumping into a pile of fallen autumn leaves. Wholesome and sweet and completely nostalgic. I love that quality, it makes it so much fun to wear.

A bit late to the party but ah well...

I was a little worried after reading some reviews that this would end up smelling like plastic and apples on me but I'm quite happy that did not happen. I LOVE this scent!! I smelled like Apples for almost the entire day! Towards the end of the day I smelled more like mulled cider which is great as well!! FANTASTIC!

I've always loved these particular notes and I love this scent. Starts off quite strong with apples and cranberries and the smells of autumn and then quietens down to the scent of hot cranapple juice (oh cranapple! how I miss thee! I must go to the states just so I can drink of you again). Only problem with it is that I appear to have a slight allergic reaction to it if I put it on my neck. Ah well, I can just splash it everywhere else!

In the imp: Crisp, fresh, juicy Golden Delicious apples right off the tree!

Wet on skin: Still the Golden Delicious, but a teensy bit of spice is starting to peek out, as though the apples are being made into hot, spiced cider

Drydown: As it dries, the scent becomes more and more like the smell of hot, spiced cider. There's a bit of tartness there, but the fresh apple is still peeking out if I smell my wrist. This is almost exactly the scent I search for in candles and air fresheners -- hot spiced cider or maybe apple pie. It's amazing!

Throw: Nice, but not overpowering. I can get whiffs of it from my wrists as I type, but then again, I slathered a ton of it on. :P

Verdict: Pure, hot spiced apple cider. Deeee-lish! I am now seeking as much of this as I can find! This is one of my all-time favorites.

Bottle came to me by way of Muse of the Winds, who is a total sweetheart. I expected this to be the perfect, tart, spiced apple; I'd just tried Poisoned Apple and that was DELICIOUS, so I had even higher hopes for Punkie Night!

... But it's potpourri. Lovely potpourri, with a sour apple undernote (but sour in a good, green-apple kind of way.) Except I don't want to smell like potpourri, and I'm rather sad now! But kinda happy, I guess, since Poisoned Apple is everything I'd wanted out of this, and that is GC. Ah well. I'm just glad I got a chance to try it, at least.

Apples with a little spice!!! This smell lasted ALLLLLL day!...and a little to the next day too! (yes, I didn't shower) I should have waited to wear this until the fall though...not right in the middle of summer. It's already warm out side...wearing a warm scent was the wrong choice! This is very yummy though...very juicy!