Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

To this day, that night of foolishness is still celebrated! This is a light-hearted scent: apple orchards, bright cranberries, and a touch of warm cider.

We are having our first autumn-like weather here and I've just bought my first cider. After applying Punkie Night I had to mull myself another cup.

Mmm. Spicy, cinnamon-wood apples drying down to crisp autumn sweetness. This seems to be a fairly simple blend, but it really gets the job done this time of year.

This is like the love child of Pumpkin Patch #1 and The Hesperides.

On me, it goes on APPLE APPLE APPLE, very tart and crisp and juicy. I'm iffy on foody scents (though I do love aforesaid pumpkin patch), but it's not really *foody,* per se. Very light and happy.

As it dries, it deepens a little bit, becoming more of an "apple with some spices" scent. I never really get the cranberry clearly, but I suspect it's there in the background, rounding out the blend. The throw is decent, although my skin eats it all up in a couple of hours.

Short version: a lovely lovely scent. Unfortunately, it's just a tad too light for me; I may choose to keep the imp around, but generally I think I'll be sticking with the warmer, spicier Pumpkin Patch #1, and of course my lovely Samhain (which is a lot warmer on me than on most people, ymmv).

MMMMMmmmmmm! Apples! Apples and nothin's but apples! I've been looking for a good fall scent, something that smells the way the season makes me feel. Punkie Night is the ultimate autumnal comfort scent.

Because I can't get my pathetic self together for the Lunacy stuff, the only comparison I can make to this one is Harvest Moon 2004. I got that one as a gift from Annie in Scotland. This one smells a lot like that, only sweeter, juicier. It's basically fall in a bottle. I may have to order a couple more bottles.

Beth, please make this another annual fall formula, like Samhain and All Saints et. al. :P

Edited by porcelain_doll

Punkie Night is quite the fall scent for me. I love apples! Apple cider, apple orchards, apple pie, apple!!

Right out of the bottle you smell crisp, juicy sweet apples that are also tart and lovely! After applying I immediately get some spice so it turns into a warm mulled apple cider for me with a peak of the cranberry to add a litte lightness to it.

Love this scent! Love it!

It does tend to fade fast on me so I'll be slathering!

Ditto on the definitive fall scent for me too.

Wet: Spiced apple

Drydown: There's something almost floral and fragrant about the cider note, and below that it's like there's just a hint of pumpkin spice that's been baked over. It's dry, but juicy. Sweet, but a little tart. Spiced, but not to the point of being so noticible that it stands out.

I truly love this blend, a favourite for fall and a definite keeper.

The first time I wore Punkie Night, I had hours and hours of glorious tart green apples- I could even smell the tree as the fruit came off of it. Since then, the cider has come on faster and faster tile there's only a minute or so of pure apple. But the cider is oh so lovely. It's perfectly spiced and warm. This is really lovely.

I took a chance on this, as I love real apple smell but I really dislike the typical faux scents. I'm so glad I did!

This really is a true apple scent, tart and juicy. The mulling spice is incredible, and tones down the sweet factor quite a bit. It's very yummy on but for me, it's perfection as a room scent. Really brings me back to New England and hayrides and all that autumn goodness.

Mouth-watering! This is a great fall scent, it reminds me of picking apples when I was younger. It's sooo crisp and juicy.

I do get cider on the dry-down, and it's lovely, very much so, but the green-apple explosion in the bottle is what really makes me smile.

:P

In the vial: Cranberry! With crisp apples, very juicy!

On the skin: My first reaction was "Whoa, Lampades!", and Punkie Night is seriously similar. The cranberries are indeed the strongest, but the apples fill in and make it less sweet and more tart. Oddly, it reminds me also of every country-home decor store I've ever been in. But I *love* it! I need a bottle!

Vial: It's hard to describe how this one started out. It's distinctly apple, sun-warmed, but it's not a crispy, crunchy kind, but I don't want to say it's mealy either. Then it starts to morph awfully into an overripe, near-rotten apple, one that even horses that tramp the the orchards would pass by. I was heart-broken over this transformation :D , but I decided to muster courage and dab some on...

On skin: What a relief! :P The rotting fades steadily, completely away, bringing the apple to the fore, along with cinnamon, and other spices I can't quite identify. Almost a potpourri-like smell, but not cheap or unpleasant. A charming blend, I'm happy with it!! :D

Note: To those familiar, with Fantasy Bath products, it smells almost EXACTLY like Cider Besider.

Edited by Inkheart

My bottle just arrived today, so of course I had to give it a test drive immediately :D

In the bottle: Apples, a mix of spices, all jumbled together, interesting.

Wet on the skin: Apples, you can almost hear 'em crunch :P and there's a hint of some kind of spice in there, not cinnamon exactly, but something, maybe several somethings.

Drydown: Whatever those spices are, they've not only taken over the apples, they've beaten them into submission and stomped them flat. Sigh. Nothing left but spices. And never was there even a breath of cranberry. Too bad. I'm not that crazy about spice blends.

So, up for swap or sale it goes :D

In the imp, this suffers from the curse of foodiness, in that it smells awful. On my skin, though, the apple is quite lovely. The ooky foodiness isn't entirely gone, though. It keeps popping up at random. I blame the cider note. It gets better over time, but the in-between stage is sufficiently unpleasant that I will have to swap this.

Aaah, the apple is definitely here in this one! There's a general tartness to this scent (the cranberry), and to me there's a green note - the apple trees, the leaves and branches and grass. This is a very perky, fun scent.

True, crisp apples in the bottle. Specifically, the skin of freshly peeled red apples.

So why does it turn into stale black tea leaves on me? :P

Almost all of the apple noted scents that I have tried smell extremely artifical on me so I was worried about Punkie Night.

Fortunately, it smelled delightful on me. Like pure, natural apples with a touch of cider. I didn't pick up on the cranberry note, but I don't care. This is a delicious fall scent and a definite keeper.

Mmm.. so glad I have 2 bottles of this. A wonderful fall apple cider scent. All it needs is a dash of a cinnamon layering note and it'd be perfect!! It has a bright berry sweetness to it too after the initial drydown.

Punkie Night-

In Bottle: Cranapple big time! Yum.

Wet: Hmm, it's...got kind of a candle smell. We'll see.

Dry: Pretty! Soft and sweet, but not one that really sends me. I'll try it again.

Overall: Nice.

Ah, my skin really amps the lovely cider spices here--I get mostly spiced cranberries with a background of juicy apple. It's the Hesperides grove in autumn! Perfect for when Creepy is too desserty and you want a fresh, outdoor apple scent. Since Samhain is about all I want to wear in Oct., I like that the cranberries push Punkie Night more towards Nov./Thanksgiving in my association; I'll get more play from this in a week or two. :P

In bottle: apple cider. Can I drink this? I shouldn't :P

On skin: lots of rolling tumbling apples; no big surprise from the sniff from the bottle

Half-hour later: mmm, still lots of apples, but they're diluted with something watery floating on top which must be the cranberries. This keeps it really interesting, not too sweet or potpourri-y. This is the grown-up punch at the Halloween party -- apples and cranberries with vodka

In conclusion: I love the Halloween scents -- my favorite time of year, and my favorite bunch of LEs. I'll be wearing this one a lot this season :D

My first review so here it goes...

In the Bottle: Oh yeah I totally get nothing but crisp apples, apples, apples!!

Wet: Still Apples...ok....

Dry: Apples and Cinnamon and, unfortunately, a bit of Yankee Candle smell! Still quite lovely and very characteristic of fall, just wish the Yankee Candle note would disappear. This could be a very lovely oil for room scents. :P

Outdoorsy scent for when the nights begin to frost while the days still warm up nicely and you put on your well worn hiking boots, stick an apple in your pocket and go out for a 2 mile hike in the Walking Dunes to see if the cranberries are ripe yet.

sniffed from the imp: freshly cut, juicy, fresh apples.

skinsniff, wet: fresh cut apples and apple cider with hints of ozone or fresh, crisp air

skinsniff, dry: same as wet, only a little richer

i hate cranberries, so i don't know if i'm just not getting any or my brain is not telling me about it.

In the Imp: Apples!!! Slightly sugary, like a hint of caramel drizzled over fresh cut apple slices.

Wet: Soooo yummy. Apples in the orchard with a hint of spicy, cool, fall-time night air, and it still has that slight caramel scent.

Dry: The apple really sticks around! The dry down doesn't really end any of the notes, but merely mutes them a bit. The eventual addition of a woody note makes the scent more full and fall-like.

Throw: Medium.

Overall: Perfect fall apple scent. I love it.

Rating: ++

Oh, the most glorious apple scent ever!! It's a really true red apple scent, exactly like the McIntosh apples I ate earlier today. It's a bright, fun, fruity scent, with just a hint of cinnamon on the dry down. Beth always delivers what she promises! :D This reminds of the shop at the apple orchard I use to go to when I was young; warm, fresh apple cider and all the fresh apples you can eat. I love this one! I may need another bottle!! :P

Apple apple apple apple!!!

Out of the bottle this smells exactly like a fresh apple orchard. Incredible!

Wet on my skin it's still a very strong, crisp, fresh picked apple scent.

As it dries I can pick out an almost floral note, very soft and fresh. After a little while longer this turns into pure apple cider on me. :P Mmmmm!!!

Normally I'd say that Punkie Night is more of a room type of scent but I'm going to be slathering myself in this quite often.

I think this years Halloween scents are the very best by far!