Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

To this day, that night of foolishness is still celebrated! This is a light-hearted scent: apple orchards, bright cranberries, and a touch of warm cider.

Thank you, Gateau, for the frimp! This is the 2012 version.

In the imp: Oh! :heart: That is pure autumn! Warm cider, crisp apples, and the occasional whiff of bright cranberry. And do I detect leaves? Oh, this is lovely. Skin, be nice!

Wet: So warm! So juicy! My mouth is watering! I'm seeing orange and red and gold! I just catapulted into October!

Drydown: It's cooling down a bit but in the best way. The same elements are there but they're more defined now. They're so sweet and delicious. And the spice from the cider is amping! I'm so happy right now! Why didn't I test this at NYCC?!

Dry: Cider spice is dominating, with the occasional waft of crisp apple or cranberry to keep things interesting. This is just amazing. Even blends that are good on me usually aren't this good. Also, this keeps almost veering into potpourri but the fruits keep saving the day.

I could cry. This is a phenomenal blend on me. I need a bottle! Ten bottles!

ONE MILLION BOTTLES

Edit: Hello there, new page! Added in the scent description. (: Edited by tharsei-thanate

Embarrassingly, I still have a couple Weenies left from last year to test, so I thought I should get around to that before I bought some new ones.

Punkie Night is not very complex on me: a relatively soft cran-apple scent, not too tart. Definitely likable but not a great favorite. I may hold onto my decant.

I regretted not picking up this bottle, and I'm so glad I was able to get my hands on one!

red crisp apples, apple cider, cinnamon mmm yum! This is the perfect spiced apple scent I was looking for :wub2:

A really nice, crisp apple made zingier by the cranberry. As the oil has aged I think the spices from the cider have emerged more heavily; this is a really pleasant, autumnal scent.

Freshly applied on skin the cranberry stands out the most and is piercing my nostrils. After it dried, it reminded me of ripe red apple pulp and peels. Punkie Night echos to my nose a more diluted version of Shango. It's not that similar to Autumn Cider as other members claimed, but it's a wonderful variation of red apple nonetheless.

Having retested it, i have to say i like it a LOT more aged and it might dethrone Autumn Cider as my top apple scent. The sharpness/ tartness of the cranberry is less noticeable and gives way to crisp juicy apples. wub2.gif

Edited by theredkilt

This is what I wanted Samhain to smell like! It's fruity, but very autumnal. The fruit in here isn't bright and artificial, it's mellow and cool, but still crisp. There seems to be something in here that reminds me of a cool breeze, or fallen leaves. And I swear I can pick up just the barest breath of some kind of spice, maybe cinnamon? This is exquisite!

I knew I was getting berry out of this! Never would have guessed it was cranberry until I read that, though--it almost read as extra-tart strawberry on my skin. The apples are a lovely, perfect cider and at some point I almost get buttery popcorn. No idea where it's coming from but it's nice! This is very much an autumn fair/festival scent. Sadly it has almost no throw and no lasting power on me. Off my wishlist, then.

This is so cute!! A childlike hint of nostalgia, and late night festivities. Sweetness, reds, yellows, accompanied by the stars in the dark sky. An in-your-face cranberry accompanied by a softer apple and indeed, that lovely boozy note.

...Anyone got a smoothie recipe for this??? Oh my.

2006 version: A lovely, uncomplicated fresh apple juice — the juice you get while eating the apple, not bottled juice. No cranberries or spices.

2010 version: Apple and spices in the bottle. Goes on as fresh apple juice with cinnamon, like freshly pressed cider. There’s more sweet fresh apple juice as it dries, and then the soft spices come back in. This is really nice — a definite keeper now. Still no cranberry but this is beautiful.

(2010 version.)

Wet: Autumn. This is autumn. Apple, some zesty cranberry, and warm spiced cider. I want to live in this bottle.

Dry: Still autumn in a bottle. The cider has gotten stronger on my skin, but you can still smell the apple and cranberry.

Simple and straightforward, this smells exactly as described. Sweet and tart apples with the deeper and tart cranberries, and then just a touch of spice. Fruity and beautiful.

This review is for the 2006 version, however I have a sniffie imp of the 2010 one and I couldn't identify any differences from smell alone.

Slightly waxy apple cider with a bunch of cranberries. I'm not sure what note is giving me wax, but I want to say cranberries because  I haven't tried too many oils with that note. It's juicy and warm but not sweet. Really lovely, although the cider itself is one of the weaker note. This is basically cranberry juice with a small amount of apple cider. There is a tiny bit of spice, but not much.

Not sure if I'll upgrade, but this is a nice fall fruit blend and to me doesn't scream too foodie if that is a concern for you.

I got a bottle of 2012 Punkie Night in a forum order. I was a little tentative sniffing the bottle because most of what I was getting was just sour. Figured it would open up on the skin, and I was delighted with where it went.

This is loudly cranberry on me. The lightly spiced cider note hangs out in the background supporting tart bright cranberry and blending it complexity and depth. It's a rich and very fall smell, so I might not wear it much in the coming months, but I'm excited to have it once weather starts getting crisper.