Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

To this day, that night of foolishness is still celebrated! This is a light-hearted scent: apple orchards, bright cranberries, and a touch of warm cider.

In the bottle, there is a warm buttery scent of cider and apple pie: spiced and sweet and honey-sticky. Wet on my skin, the fresh green of apple leaves and the crisp note of fresh apples comes slithering out; the cranberries are tart and saucy as they mingle with the apple. Drying, the cider warms up nicely and starts that soft spicy-dusty tone; like breathing in the delicious steam from your mug. YUM. As it warms up, it gets more and more foody and dusty. It smells delicious. But it's not exactly what I was expecting... too foody almost, too much like desert and too little like an orchard or basket of fresh fruits. This thing LASTS however, it's still softly there more than 5 hours later... if it were one I loved, I'd be so thrilled right now.

In the bottle: Golden oil. Juicy, tart, fruity! Crisp apples and cranberries, lovely. But there's definitely a backdrop of cider, a baked-apple smell with light spices that provides warmth.

Wet: The apple is so strong - the strongest I've smelled in any BPAL scent. Sadly on my skin this is already going spicy - clove, in particular, and cinnamon, and dried ginger. I'm getting a bit of orange peel, too.

Dry: Most of the crisp notes have died; very little fresh apple, and essentially no cranberry remains. There's still the baked apple/cider note, though, to keep this fruity. MUCH warmer and spicier.

Later: Clove & cinnamon amping to fucking hell as always on my ski. I really like the ginger in this context, but I can't handle the other spices. I'm getting another woody scent in addition to the clove, maybe oak?

Summary: Final dry down is clove, cinnamon, baked apple, oak (or similar wood) and...oakmoss. Strange! Great throw & longevity. Ends up being quite unisex.

Smells almost exactly like Fearful Pleasure! Nice warm apple cider. Yummy!!

I don't remember why I didn't keep this one the first time around. Punkie Night is luscious--apples and cranberries and more apples. It's exactly the kind of apples I want, too, but without the leaves and stuff that make me sneeze or that overpower them (yeah, you, Samhain and Fearful Pleasure).

I agree, Gin -- it smells wonderful. Sadly, it didn't last even 30 minutes on my skin. *boo* I didn't get a golden feel from it, though -- not quite as spicy as I thought it might be -- more crisp than warm.

Apples, cranberries, and bright spiced cider! Very warm and fairly tart. I really like this, but it's definitely a cold-weather scent, and it's very strong on me, so I have to apply sparingly. Very similar to Fearful Pleasure, minus a touch of smoke and plus the tartness of the cranberries.

I have an unlabeled decant that I thought was actually Creepy, but now I'm realizing is Punkie Night. This is an apple orchard, and the most pure apple scent I've encountered. I feel like I'm standing in an orchard picking apples. I wish this would get resurrected for Halloween so I can own more.

No cranberries whatsoever for me-- Punkie Night is the most unadulterated apple scent I've ever smelled. It's like fresh, snappy yellow apples but also ice cold, pulpy cider (not mulled, spiced or hot, just unfiltered apple juice), with some fresh evening breezes blowing through. It's not as chemical as the sharp apple of The Hesperides. Smells just like the barn at the local orchard.

At first it can be a little generic "apple air freshener," but once it hits skin Punkie Night really blooms. I hope this comes back some Halloween.

Wow. This is the apple to peel, core and otherwise mash all other apples into sauce :lol: . I do have the type of skin that amps sweet stuff, so apple is one I especially have to be careful with since it can potentially turn into pure sugar on me. Not here. The ruby-red cranberry blending beautifully with the apple in the forefront and *hint* of cider in the background make this into one juicy and delicious treat that I'm so tempted to take a bite out of, except I need to remind myself that if I did that I'd actually be taking a huge chunk out of my wrist. It's the Apple Queen to that same year's Pumpkin Queen! :evol:

Edited by Invidiana

I'm so happy to have found a decant of this lovely blend!

Right after I apply it to my arm, I get a blast of spiced apples and tart juicy cranberries!! I can also smell something like fir tree's in the background. It's not too strong though. It really does bring to mind apple orchards. Overall, the impression that I get from this is mulled wine, but instead of wine, it's apple cider drenched in beautiful spices like cloves, and cinnamon and all spice. I hope that one day the lab will be able to revisit this blend. :wub2:

In decant: bright apple

Wet: very bright apple and cranberry. Reminds me a lot of Pomona with its sharpness.

Drydown: Cider with cranberries in it. Very crisp and clean.

Later: Great autumn fragrance and I’m glad I got to try it, but probably won’t try to find a bottle unless they resurrect it some year. Then I’ll be all over it! ;-D

I've had this for forever really and never reviewed it because when I first bought it, it pretty much overwhelmed me with how powerful it was. I think it was the spice that did me in when I initially tried this but it's hard to say since it was so long ago. However now that it's aged I can enjoy it much more.

In the bottle: Whoa apples and spice trying to assault me!

Wet: It morphs pretty quickly on the skin as my skin seems to amp the spice a lot so at first I get spicy apples with just a hint of cranberry. Some time later it turns into apple cider on my skin which I think is my favorite phase it goes through.

Dry: As it dries down the apple seems to start to fade towards the background so I get spicy cranberries instead but at this point the spice is also a bit more muted. Punkie Night seems like Samhain's sweeter, more playful younger sister and overall I think it fits me better so once fall comes around I'll probably be reaching for this a lot. I've been testing a bunch of things to see what I'm keeping and what I'll most likely sell or swap but this will definitely not be one of the ones to go.

Edited by fiction tragedy

I bought this one from ebay and I am glad I did! It was a bit of a risk because apples tend to go sour on my skin. But this doesn't! Fresh green apples with a bit of a bite! I don't really smell the cranberries in this. After a while the smell on my skin gets more sweet and soft. Very lovely. I am very glad I took that risk.

However, I am a bit confused about the label. It doesn't have the Halloweenie 2006 label. Instead it has a brownish color with a man bending towards a round object. It also has the text "Vintage 2006". The seller told me it was from the Dark Delicacies Event: Cleaning Out The Cobwebs III in July 2009. And that the label is the generic one for all Vintage bottles sold at Cleaning Out The Cobwebs III. I haven't been able to find that one here on the forums.

Can anyone tell me more about this?

Edited by Hadewig

In the bottle, it was very red apples. On application, it turned into a blend of cran-apple juice. Bizarre! As it fades down, it turns really herbal, like wet leaves. I was immediately turned off and I ended up swapping this.

Oh yum! In the bottle it's apples, apples, apples. Wet the apples fade significantly and out comes this magnificent spiciness. Wet the apple comes back to the front a bit, but the cider is still really strong. There's a small hint of fruit just at the back.

Delicious!

Punkie Night 2010

A light, fresh, perfume-y scent. I get the tartness of the cranberries especially, wonderful. Unfortunately, however, the apples in Punkie Night don't actually smell like apples - they smell like apple perfume, making this a disappointment. Throw 0.5-1 foot. My quest for a true apple scent continues!

Punkie Night 2010

Bottle: It has a very windy fall smell, where the weather gets cooler but it's not mint cool like a lot of the wintery oils are.

Wet: apples! freash ruby red apple, just picked from the tree. A tartness from the cranberry is there too.

Dry: It's more grounded when dry. Sort of like the wood and blossoms from the apple orchards have come through. Giving it a base of floral and wood in back of the crisp fruit. This oil envokes the feeling of the seasons changing from summer to fall.

This is a review for Punkie Night 2010.

In the bottle, it feels like an apple orchard. It's mostly apple, but these apples are still attached to the trees. Some of the apples are still in blossom form. I agree with London: There is a very windy feel to this, as if a brisk Autumn wind was blowing through the apple trees, rustling the leaves. It's not cold, but it's not warm. It's very much an Autumn feel.

On, it's beautiful, crisp, juicy, cold red apples. Cold, not in a weather-sense of the word. These are the apples from that orchard in the bottle, the apples hanging on the trees with the wind and cool Autumn weather surrounding them. I get the cranberry, which is very fresh and tart. After a bit, I get more of the blossoms and the bark from the orchard again.

Overall, this is absolutely spectacular. I can imagine myself in this orchard, surrounded by these trees, reaching up and pulling one of these shiny red apples off of a branch and biting into it.

Punkie Night 2010

This is a very crisp apple smell at first. (In the bottle it's jucy, sweet apples so I'm glad the cranberry gives it some tartness on application.) I do get some spicy undertones, but they're faint. The spice get a bit stronger later in the wear but never enough to make this smell like cider rather than freshly sliced apples sprinkled with cinnamon and nutmeg.

I slathered pretty thoroughly but this is still not as strong as I'd like. After about 3 hours I wasn't able to smell this at all unless I put my nose to my wrist.

I can see why people compare this to Fearful Pleasure, but FP is all cider, spice and warmth on me. Punkie Night shares the apple note, but here the apple is the centerpiece and it's much more fruity and tart, with the spices only showing up at the edges.

Maybe if I layer with Egg Moon, this will be able to replace FP when I run out...

In the bottle: Tart berries and crisp apples.

Wet: I am getting sour cranberry and crisp apples, this has a very fall, almost candle-ish smell, without smelling like a candle at all, it just has that fall feel to it.

Dry: More subdued sour cranberry with a little spice coming out and fresh picked apples, yum!

This one is very nice and makes a wonderful companion for my Lambs Wool as scents I will reach for when the weather gets a bit chilly!

In the bottle, cranberry apple. On my skin, a clean apple with a little cranberry tartness. I don't get cider at all -- not yet anyway. I've had it on for about a half hour, that's usually enough time for cinnamon to amp and take over on me.

I've been really crushing on apple lately but this is not really something I would normally wear. It would make a fantastic room scent, though -- it's cool and clean and not overwhelming, but definitely there. Now that I've evaluated it on it's own I think I will try it with Holy Terror, because I tend to really like the sweet cleans layered with Holy Terror.

In the bottle: Fresh, crisp, just sliced, juicy, red apple.

Wet on skin: Fresh apple cider with a bit of the pulp in it, the bottle so thick it's like apple sauce. Delicious!

Drydown: I can smell the pile of discarded apple skins sitting next to the cutting table as I sniff the cider just starting to ferment. It kind of still smells like apple juice, but it's starting to take on that slight cider edge.

Dry: Not a hint of cranberry, oddly enough, unless it's giving just the barest hint of tartness to the blend. This is just pure apples, in every incarnation - fresh, sauced, and cider.

Overall: Perfect apple blend - even better than Lambs-Wool. Punkie Night would be the beginning of the apple picking and cider season, whereas Lambs-Wool would be the end of the season and even into winter.

*sigh*

Let me preface this review with this disclaimer: Almost every BPAL apple blend goes to apple potpourri / air freshener on me. The only exception is Snow, Glass, Apples, which instead smells beautiful about 1 inch from my skin for a half hour and then *poof* disappears.

Punkie night is lovely and surprising; it does evoke cider without loud and brash spice notes. The cranberries are back up singers here, but they keep the cider fresh and cool smelling and the apples themselves chilled with their tartness. All of that said, this is sadly a scent for the locket, as it does turn to total potpourri on my skin within minutes, as I suspected it might.

This would be the perfect room freshener scent. It's a really juicy apple with just a little something extra tart. I just don't like it as a perfume. My boyfriend thought it smelled like potpourri, and while I don't agree I do understand where he is coming from. It's pretty much exactly the same for me from first sniff, to application, to drydown. It disappeared after a few hours though. I tested Punkie Night, Sugar Skull, The Madwoman, and Ghoulish all today and all the others are still going strong. Punkie Night was the only one that couldn't hang!