Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

To this day, that night of foolishness is still celebrated! This is a light-hearted scent: apple orchards, bright cranberries, and a touch of warm cider.

Mmmm Punkie Night...Beth somehow managed to capture the scent of autumn in New England in a bottle!! Punkie Night starts off crisp, juicy, just-picked apples. The spices come up next so now it smells like warm mulled cider. The dry stage is mulled cranberry-apple cider. Delicious!! Punkie Night is my favourite apple scent and I truly hope it comes back this year. :P

ETA scent description Edited by Shollin

Punkie Night is very juicy: it is red and smacks of juicy apples and autumn. This is a warm scent with a touch of spice to sit on top of the apples. Lovely! To me this scent heralds autumn, but as autumn progresses I will probably reach for some deeper, darker autumn scents.

Short review: Applelicious :P

In depth: What a lovely apple scent! It is a crisp, sweet, juicy and really realistic autumn apple! The cranberry and cider elements of the scent seemed more apparent in the imp, I guess they are backing notes.

Gorgeous, fun and feminine! A must-try for apple lovers :D

in the bottle i was expecting something with a little bit of spice, as many of the other autumn/apple scents have, but this is pure fruit and it's spectacular!

wet on skin apple, apple, apple with a tiny tart bite of cranberry.

dry on skin this doesn't change much at all, just becomes slightly warmer and sweeter (which is my skin, i'm learning. i sweeten everything, which is good, since i like sweet).

and this? this? THIS is my perfect apple! woe! LE!

It is lighter than I expected somehow. It definitely smells like bighting into a fresh ripe apple, with a boozey, cidery edge and the fruity untertone of cranberries. It is reminding me of the Annual Primary School field trip to Lynn Villa Orchards. The gift shop smelled almost exactly like this, only that also smelled of spice and seasoned wood.

In the imp and fresh on: bright, crisp, crunchy, juicy apples!

Drying: Now the cranberries and cider spices are coming out just a touch, bringing some zing, spice, and extra sweetness to this blend. As time goes on the cranberries come out more and more, and that is not a bad thing at all. In the end, all three mingle together in perfect harmony. I could wear this everyday of fall and winter. It has decent throw and duration as well. I am going to require a big bottle of this one the next time it comes around!!

bottle: apples. definitely a cidery apple.

wet: this is a mildly spicy, fruity apple scent. sweet and crisp.

dry: sweet cidery fruit, the apple almost stands apart from the cider scent. this is autumn in a bottle.

In the bottle: Autumnal in feel. Apple, and a slightly stinging harsh note from the cider.

On skin: It's warmer and more full-bodied than it was in the bottle. Appley, and it would be quite pleasant if not for the fact that the alcoholic note catches in the back of my throat and stings.

~1.5 hours: The blend has softened and is noticeably fainter than before. It's less apply now, and more autumnal in feel. There's a warm dustiness to it, putting me in mind of dry leaves. However, when I breathe in deeply there's still that sharp, unpleasant note from the cider, and though the rest of the blend is pretty I'm not too fond of that component. This is probably lovely on someone with the right skin chemistry, but sadly I don't think that it's one for me.

Expectations: This is entirely uncreative, but I imagine it will remind me of the days when I was a child and my mom had friends who owned an orchard.

In vial: Juicy red apples, and cider that's freshly made and hasn't had time to age properly.

On skin, wet: The spices from the cider are stronger now, and I get a bit of the leaves from the orchard.

On skin, dry: It's a little too much fresh apple and not enough cider. Hopefully it will morph quickly.

After time: 15 minutes and from a distance all I get is apple. I have to directly sniff my arm to smell the spices, and even then it's the wrong ratio of apple-to-spices. 20 minutes and the spices are strengthening and balancing out the scent more, but it's very faint with no throw. 30 minutes has the spiciness just about perfect, but I'd have to slather this to get enough scent. 45 minutes and the apple is pretty much gone. I finally get a slight hint of cranberry, but mostly I'm reminded of a tin of potpourri I used to keep on my desk.

Conclusion: This is way too subtle and morphs too much. I don't dislike any of the stages and will probably keep the imp around to use (or share with my mother who is more likely to enjoy it), but I'm not disappointed in it being an old limited edition.

In the imp, this is a weird apple-ish scent - not quite apples, must be the cider.

On my skin, there's the tartness of the cranberries over a woodsy, apple-y background.

When it dries, there's something weird about this - I really thought I would like this, but there's something off, almost sour on my skin.

I love this.

in the bottle: the core of a freshly crunched into candy apple. A macintosh or crisp winesap.

wet: more of the same

dry: a little fuller and more rounded and the sweet of the candy coating comes up a bit more but it makes my mouth really water. I could still sniff it 10 hours later.

Man I need more of this!

Imp: Microbrewery apple cider. This is slightly boozy, but also quite fruity and lovely. It kind of makes me hungry.

Wet: Sweet cranberries. Like I spilled a cosmopolitan on myself.

Dry: This is lovely. I smell like mulling spices, but somehow really bright and crisp mulling spices. The cranberries are tart and juicy and the apple is a really true "apple" scent. It is an evocatively "fall" scent, but it's also so bright and fresh and clean that it can easily lend itself to spring days.

Throw: Pretty intense, actually. I swabbed twice from my decant and it is spreading itself through my bedroom.

Overall: Seriously. There's a reason that I try to not try LEs. This is to die for. If I come across some, it will be mine. If not, I'm going to close my eyes and pretend I never smelled it, because this is just cruel to my senses.

In Vial: Not what I was expecting. Smells like unsweet butter cookies.

Wet: Now I know what this is. Its the rotten apple scent that I have smelled in other apple blends.

Later: The apple note is pretty much all that I end up with. Would be ok except that I don't like this apple note.

Punkie Night made me sneeze, no blend has ever made me sneeze before! Sweetened green apple with a slight boozyness. It reminds me very slightly of Samhain (which I love), but apple usually doesn't do much for me and in this blend it even fades rather quickly. It is a fresh and very true apple though, not fake smelling at all.

Mmm! Juicy ripe apples and cider, sweet and delicious. There is a boozy sweetness to it that blends well with the apple. My skin loves it, it eats it up with a quickness. :P This yummy scent doesn't last but a few minutes on me.

Funny story: When I first got an imp of this, I had a cold and couldn't smell very well, so I had to test it several times. I finally realized that I was testing it just so that I could smell it again, it was that yummy.

Punkie Night is my all-time favorite apple scent. It smells just like a cider mill! The apple is so fresh and delicious that I just want to lick my arm. While I call pretty much every fall scent I try the definitive fall scent, to me this will always be MY definitive fall scent. Man, now I could go for some cider...

Very pretty spicy apple cider scent. Unfortunately for me, I'm a little allergic to the spices in this one. This happens to me from time to time...I'm not sure which note is the culprit, or if it's a combination of notes. It is very nice in my scent locket though. It lasted all evening on me, and dried down to a sweet cranberry and apple scent. I can still smell it now. It's lovely! :P

Mmm this is so delicious smelling! Not overly foody, but very "apples picked in an orchard and crushed for their juice" smelling. I'm very glad I was frimped a sniffie of this one! It lasts a long time too :P

I can't think of a scent that evokes such strong Autumn thoughts as Punkie Night.

An infusion of apples, the tartness of cranberries and the spice of cider. I can also sense a hint of dry leaves and little smokiness.

All blend together beautifully to produce a tart, spicy apple scent.

i mostly get warm cider from this. it's a little spicy and not a whole lot of apple. i looove apple so that's what i was hoping for. it doesn't have a lot of throw and i don't think i'll be getting a bottle of this.

In the bottle, apple cider. :D

On my skin, still apple cider, but the cranberry note comes out as it begins to dry on my skin. Very smooth, warm scent. :P

Ooo, this is so nice in the bottle! It is like Fearful Pleasure's Good Twin without the dark smokiness! Warm cider and breezes through apple orchards!

Yep! That is exactly what this is! Fearful Pleasure is the dark, sinister autumn night/cider scent, Punkie night is the cheerful, breezy autumn night/cider scent! Lovely!

In The Bottle

Tart apple

On Application

Apple with a hint of smokiness

Dry Down

This is a glorious autumn spiced apple scent. The apple is strong and predominant throughout the dry down, slightly smokey. Occasionally, I get what seems to be the occasional whiff of soft caramel underneath. Love it

Rating (0-5)