Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This season’s Ridiculous Scent! As creepy as Spooky was spooky, this is the scent of butterscotch-kissed, caramel-smothered red apples spiked with a blast of coconut rum.

in the bottle: buterscotch and carmel apples with just a hint of bubblegum.

wet: more of the same, with a touch of salt.

dry: light buttery, crsip caramel apple. So simple, yet so wonderful and complex.

overall impression: I don't really get any coconut rum from this, but that doesn't stop me from loving it. On me it is a light and pure butterscoth, caramel, candied apple. :P
funny though, I had my mom sniff my wrist and all she gets is coconut :D

Creepy... apples and caramel. I love this in the bottle... and on my skin at FIRST... but over time it sort of warps

to something a little overwhelming... the apple fades a bit, and the buttery part becomes overpowering. I still like it, but

not as much as when it is "fresh" on my skin.

This is it! This is the scent I've been hoping for for MONTHS!

Creepy in the bottle is so boozy I felt a little dizzy after the first sniff! I cought a whiff of coconut and something sweet, which I'm guess is the apple and am so, SO glad that I ordered it.

Now, on skin, an amazing thing happens - it's true to the bottle! There's the vaguest underlying hint of sweet apples, a splash of butterscotch and this amazing top layer of heavy, boozy coconut. I think I've died and gone to heaven! Not since I got my bottle of Milk Moon have I felt so instantly thrilled with a scent!

Now, if you'll excuse me, think I need to go bathe in Creepy! Or order more of it, whatever.

In the imp: the heavy caramel. Whooooa caramel.

On my skin wet: instantly lightens to a light apple (as opposed to a cidery apple like Punkie Night) with a bit of rich sweetness. The caramel/butterscotch (I don't discern rumminess) comes out more as this goes along. Very nice.

The complex, slightly boozy caramel-apple from the vial didn't really last on my skin. The apple quickly disappeared into the caramel and butterscotch, and I ended up smelling a bit more like Sugar Skull than anything else. A nice scent, but I was hoping for more fruit.

Creepy smelled just like the caramel/butterscotch/toffee of Grog or Gluttony on me, possibly slightly more burnt. I didn't get any apple scent at all, which was a disappointment. This will be swapped away I think.

Creepy is so much fun. I smell the coconut/rum combo that I love so much in Elegba, apple, and that caramel note that is so mouthwateringly delicious. I'm particularly excited about the caramel here, because in other blends it has not been as prominent or unadulterated as it is here.

Total yum. I think I can content myself with one bottle, but it will get much wear and I hope this comes back next year.

When I smell this guy in the vial - it smells just like a caramel apple...a little bit of a boozey carmel apple - but that's mainly what I get...

Mmmmmm caramel apple...I never finish those when I get them at the fair and stuff..but I want one now...TOTALLY off topic I know...heh :P

When I put this on myself it mostly smells like an apple.

Kind of like what I expected TBS' Golden Apple scent to smell like...but it didn't...

It seems that on me this is just...apple...a SMALL bit of caramel is there, but the boozey element and that beautiful blend in the vial is gone.

I don't want to smell like a giant apple..so to the sale/swap pile this goes!

ETA: After about an hour - the caramel seemed to come out again...but just not enough :D *sighs*

Poor Creepy...I wanted to adore you and love you and covet you...

I'm a sad panda :D

Edited by BrightRedScream

In the vial: Thick caramel. Yum.

Wet: The caramel and butterscotch come out - yummy! This is what I wanted Midway to be.

Drydown: The yummy caramel fades far too quickly, leaving me with apples. Rancid apples. I had to wash it off :P

this is thick, sweet butterscotch on my skin -- very strong! I can smell some coconut too. this scent is delicious, but I can't wear it -- it makes me hungry and I may gnaw my arm off. not too professional looking. :P

I'm sad that the apple didn't come out on my skin. I have Punkie Night to satisfy my apple scent cravings, though!

Edited by Nightbird

A lot of apple, and a lot of butterscotch. I love it! Unfortunately the wear length and throw are not nearly as strong as I would like-- I feel like I would have to keep applying this every five minutes, boo!!

In the bottle - Holy boozy coconut! I'm think i'm a bit buzzed from sinffing!

Wet - CARAMEL APPLES!! I can't believe this is the same stuff I was smelling in the bottle - coconut and booze? Gone...

Dry - Still caramel apples, just much softer... like you are kissing someone who just ate one rather than eating it yourself.

This scent is amazing, it manages to be both fruity and foody - is there anything better?? I love how this stays nice and close to the skin, my boyfriend does too, lol! Unfortunatly it doesn't last too long on me, luckily I was able to pick up another bottle from one of the LJ communities and I just might need to make another lab order before this goes away.

at first: super-sweet caramel.

on: apples and caramel. really, really sweet.

1.5 hours later: all caramel.

2.5 hours later: did i mention caramel?

4.5 hours later: all caramel with a bit of butterscotch.

overall: i'm not hard-core enough when it comes to foody scents to get a long with this.

It took two and a half years, but Penitence has finally been knocked out of my #1 scent spot.

That's right. It's Creepy Time.

This oil is liquid gold. This is one of the first caramel scents I have ever found--BPAL or otherwise--that doesn't turn to maple syrup. It wraps around the apple, and both seem to give just the right amount of restraint to each other. The apple doesn't get too fruity, and the caramel doesn't get too in-your-face buttery. It's the perfect blend. It dims once it's been on the skin for an hour or so and turns into a nice and cozy vanilla-gourmand type fragrance. I think this is the coconut rum coming out. The only down side is that this one fades more quickly than some of my other BPAL's, but it's well-worth the reapplication.

Wow, is that ever sweet. I get a hint of apple, but mostly it's pure butterscotchy sugar, more suited to a candle than my skin.

Eventually it dries down to a slightly stickier version of Red Lantern, minus any hint of smokiness. It's nice, but a little too simplistic for me.

In the bottle, this is a perfect caramel apple.

If only it stayed that way on my skin. The second the oil hit my skin, it went from a lovely caramel apple to all caramel. Now, I love the smell of caramel, but I don't want to smell like caramel. It's just too sticky sweet for me (I think it's also why Gluttony just didn't work for me).. apparently my skin likes to amp caramel as much as it does lavender.

When I first had Midway, I got undercurrents of caramel apple, but it was mostly smothered by the salt-butter smell of the popcorn and the sugar from the cotton candy. And ever since then, I have wanted caramel apple :P

It is here! And it DOES smell like a row of fresh caramel apples, when it's dry. (I'd review the other stages, but I wore it to work and never got a chance to take notes.) It also has tons of staying power; I put it on around 10 this morning, and fourteen hours later it's still very faintly noticeable.

Rating (on skin): 1/5

Summarised in a few words/smilie: Plastic butterscotch.

Pre-review thoughts:

In the imp: Butterscotch, caramel, apples, and coconut! Very foody, but wonderful.

On skin, wet: A butterscotch-dipped apple, sliced open. I don't detect any coconut or caramel yet.

On skin, dry: Warm, sweet, rich butterscotch and caramel... plastic. Really, I'm not surprised: neither caramel nor butterscotch are known for turning out well on my skin. Still, I had hoped the coconut apples could have saved Creepy for me.

Conclusion/Notes: While Spooky is a huge winner for/on me, Creepy, alas, isn't.

Oh...wow. I had very low expectations of Creepy because apple and gourmand scents PLUS coconut rum? It sounded like a recipe for disaster on my skin! But...wow.

People are right. It's the perfect caramel apple. There's the rich, sweet, almost-nuttiness of caramel with the sweet, fresh bite of a green apple. As for throw, it's almost all sweet, warm caramel.

I need a bottle of this.

ADDED Aug. 14:

It smells exactly like homemade baked apples drizzled lightly with caramel. EXACTLY.

The apple's sweetness has a crystalized sugar scent to it, and it highlights the deeper fragrance of the apple and caramel melding into the background. Fabulous depth.

In the bottle:

Butterscotch, apple, and caramel, in that order. I think I also can just barely catch a little bit of coconut. Nothing that isn't among the described notes, though.

Wet:

Wow... definitely getting the butterscotch and the coolness of the apples. Also can definitely make out a hint of coconut rum. Not so much on the caramel.

Dry down:

Definitely has changed, even though it has essentially the same notes. In order of prominence, I'm getting apple-butterscotch (as in, apple flavored butterscotch, if there is such a thing), (coconut) rum, caramel.

Final thoughts:

Definitely youthful, candy-sweet... but boozey enough to not be young. A college Halloween party. I can't decide what I think about it... it's definitely good-smelling and tasty, it definitely works fine with my chemistry, I'm just not sure how much it's "me." Which could be attributable to either my current mood or my personality as a whole. I'm definitely glad I tried it, though, and I may end up really glad that I have an imp to keep.

Imp: Strong buttered rum, very like elegba or grog.

Wet: Strong coconut rum and butterscotch. I don't smell any apple, but this smells like a drink I make called "alotta fagina" Which is coconut rum, buttershots, baileys and a dash of goldschlager...

Drying: Hubby says this smells like a nutty pecan baking smell. He and I have very different noses--I think it smells really buttery and is verging on the plastic/synthetic smell I often get from caramel, rum and coconut blends (red lantern did the same, as did elegba and grog).

Dry: Yup, plastic.

Overall: This is what I was expected, so I can't say its a surprise, or too terribly disappointing. I love the concept, but not the reality on my skin. I think this has got to be an amazing foody scent on people with better chemistry than I, so more for you. :D

This lasted for 4-5 hrs at least, but then I went to bed. So I"m sure it lasted longer, I just don't remember it. :P

Creepy is absolutely delicious. I'm not getting any apple from it, but the caramel and butterscotch are so wonderful that I don't care. :P Creepy is a wonderful fall scent, and I am so happy that I got a bottle.

First Impression: Sweet cream with rum.

Dries down to: The apple becomes more apparent in the mix.

Additional Comments: This is like toffee apples for grown-ups. Another bottle candidate.

Lasted: Several hours.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Surprisingly sophistocated - I had forgotten about the coconut rum note when I first tried this, and was thus startled to find Creepy was much more than just a caramel apple scent - it is that, to be sure, but this is the scent of real sugared caramel, slightly burnt, with an alcoholic edge that gives it just enough of a kick to make this more than just a Halloween novelty scent.