Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A return of 2006's Ridiculous Scent! As creepy as Spooky was spooky, this is the scent of butterscotch-kissed, caramel-smothered red apples spiked with a blast of coconut rum.

Creepy 2009

I'm so sad! This does not smell good on me!

It smells promising in the bottle, a crisp apple sweetness with hints of warm gooey caramel.

But on my skin it smells just like Suave Green Apple shampoo. :(

When the apple relaxes a bit, it smells not like a candied apple, but like one of those red apple flavored lollipops that are coated in caramel and left to fossilize in the bottom of the trick or treat bag.

I don't get any rum or coconut, although I think that that is not the apple alone but the combination of apple and rum on my skin that isn't working out.

It may be that I need to let the bottle settle for a week or so and try it again, but I may pass this on to someone who can wear it to better effect.

Too bad, too, I love the cute little picture on the bottle- makes me want to listen to The Misfits (Danzig era, duh). I am off to console myself with Legacy of Brutality.

I sure hope my skin will decide to cooperate on this one.

Update- I tried this again recently, after leaving it to sit in a drawer for nearly a year, and it smells much better now! The apple shampoo-ness has calmed down, so I can smell all the notes! The combination of coconut, caramel, and apple is delicious.

This is for the 2009 version..

Apple and caramel ---- unfortunately the caramel goes to 'burnt plastic' on me, but I also get whiffs of brown sugar with this one. I got way more coconut from the original version.

Review for the 2009 version -

This is mostly a sweet coconut on me, at least at first, but there's this crisp bite of apple that prevents it from being too sickly. It's definitely a very crunchy red apple underneath the caramel/coconut scent. Lovely.

I get a buttered apple. Which is a good thing, but not a great one.The apple not is a tad artificial, but the buttery note combined with it, pulls it together enough so that it's a pleasing autumnal blend. Would not, however, reorder.

Edited by Gael

In the Bottle: Holy crap, caramel apples and butterscotch exactly. I ordered this as part of a swap and thought to test it before moving it along, and so I hadn't even read the description before unscrewing the lid... and now comparing to what's listed it's definitely spot on. Though I get little of the booze note, my mother smelled this and immediately thought of a liqueur, so I guess we're both partially scent-dead.

Wet: Oh. There's the rum. And wow, the apples smell incredibly wet and fresh. Just like being at a Halloween party and indulging in all the sweet treats. Often you breathe in something that reminds you of a certain scenario, but wearing this stuff is really like getting transported.

Dry: I get more of the buttery/creamy vibe now, very much the "candied" aspect of this scent though if I focus enough I can still pick up traces of that delicious apple.

Verdict: I didn't get this for myself and for good reason considering I'm neither a fan of very sweet smells or foodiness, which is no doubt what this turned out to be, but having such a Halloween specific presence in itself still made this a pleasant surprise. Not only that, but I was taken aback by the ripe apple scent in its wet stage, and since I am addicted to fruits this was a nice addition before the sugar took over.

Rating: 3/5

Caramel and apples.. can't really detect much else. I'm not sure what it is in this blend that's making it smell just a bit plasticky. I don't think it's the caramel because the caramel bit of this smells just how caramel is supposed to, imo, so there's something in here that's making it all smell a bit artificial. My skin chemistry is like a Murphy's Law unto itself.. if it CAN turn plasticky, it will.

Mmmm, Creepy = deliciousness. Crisp, fresh apple with caramel. The first time I wore it, I smelled separate notes, at first very buttery apples, then at times a plasticky caramel note, then it would become sugar rolled apples. But the times I've worn it since have been really consistent, just caramel and apples in equal proportion, it's a happy comforting scent I found perfect for wearing on Halloween.

I really like the apple note in this. It's round and juicy and sweet but just avoids Jolly Rancher status. I can smell the caramel too and the combination is foody but also kind of sexy.

Sadly, some part of the rum note breaks the deal for me. I think it's what others have described as "buttery" and it was in Fruitcake as well. I can't stand it and on me, it turns into something like rancid coconut rum. Not appealing.

This review is for the 2006 version.

In the bottle: Rich butterscotch and creamy caramel smothering some apples.

Wet: Now the coconut rum has come out to play! Wee! But the apples are there, as a base note, and the candy notes have retreated to the middle ground.

The dry-down: As I said about the 2009 version, this is good enough for me to lick my wrists, but I know better! The apple is crisp, like a Golden Delicious or a Granny Smith or McIntosh, and it has to be, in order to withstand the candy and the rum. Everything is blending together in a dreamy fashion. I can see now that my 09 bottle should age very well. :)

Um, this smells nice but kind of synthetic on me. Most apple scents seem to do that. I can def. smell that caramel though which smells very nice. I really like it in the bottle, I just don't like it too much on me the way the apple turns...I think this is too sweet for me too, it is kinda headache inducing. This is a very foodie scent which I normally like but this is almost sickeningly sweet.

I've got the 2009 blend.

In the bottle: Boozy caramel apples

Wet: Up close (as in if I stick my nose right by my wrist) it smells just like calvados. From a distance it's all apples, no booze.

Dry: Apples, coconut, rum and a touch of caramel. I got some comments about smelling of butterscotch so I guess that note has a particularly good throw.

I liked this more than I expected. Apple can be a bit hit and miss on me, but this one worked. Rich, boozy and foody; just what I like.

Wet, this oil is absolutely delicious: crisp, juicy apples and sticky caramel, with a dab of creamy butterscotch and splash of coconut rum. Once it dries, however, the rum kind of takes over and I end up smelling like I dumped a bottle of Malibu over my head. I'm going to see if a scent locket works better for Creepy, because I simply can't get over how amazing it is when wet. If that doesn't work, I fear Creepy may not last long in my collection. Sad.

Crisp, green, slightly juicy apple, paired with the tang of rum and with a wee bit of slightly-toasted caramel (with perhaps some nuts on it). It's a really fun initial whiff; unfortunately, it dissipates pretty quickly on me.

2006 version. (quite aged now)

In Bottle: Whoa. Butterscotch rum (more sugar than alcohol) and caramel. A slight tartness that's the apple, but it's really smothered in sweetness at this point. A faint touch of spice- probably cinnamon.

Wet on Skin: a tad more apple if you sniff really close and hard. Definitely a Sweet, capital S scent. Maybe my skin's eating all the fruit...the foodiness is definitely making my mouth water, but I'm not sure I want to smell like this. I'd definitely use this for scenting candles if I knew it was 100% safe.

Dry on Skin: a bit more rummy, but otherwise pretty consistent. Sadly... no coconut in any stage for me. Little morphing, quite a bit of throw. Lasting power, I'd say average~low- which is a good thing if you don't want olfactory cavities B)

Review for 2009 weenie

In the bottle: boozey apple cider

wet on skin: more booze and caramel! Smells like caramel dipped apples! with a very subtle tart apple undernote.

dry on skin: less booze, more caramel and appley goodness. :wub2: The apple notes are definately more noticeable when dry.

It faded into a crisp apple scent. Nowhere as near as much booze as initially smelled in the bottle, thank goodness!

Edited by doublehelix

I could regale you with tales of how I had a decant of Creepy 06 many moons ago and actually hated it. Maybe it was the booze, I don't know.

So I got rid of it. And refrained from getting excited about the revamp. Then caved. I could tell you about that and compare the

two, but I don't want to. So I'm not going to.

Rather, I want to report on my mini Carmel + Apple Test.

Left Hand: Creepy 2009

Right Hand: Sugar Slathered Candy Apple

Actually these two are very similar but different...if you know what I mean.

Creepy is carmely apple. Where SSCA is apple-y caramel.

Simple description, I know, but bang on what I found.

The creepy wined and dined me on silken caramel before trying to sneak in one of my five a day.

Where SSCA was appletastic from the start but poured on the sweet (yet subtler) sugary caramel.

So those are my down and dirty observations. Shame I can't whip out the old creepy and expand the experiment. But then I'd have to get something back that

disappointed me quite thoroughly. And well I'd need a third hand *shrug*

In the bottle, this is pretty accurate to what the scent description is-butterscotchy caramel apple and boozy coconut. Nom!

Yep-on my skin it is just as good-this is REALLY freakin spot on! Perfect caramel apple-the apple note is amazing-just like those crisp, tart green apples they use for caramel apples. I can almost taste the thick gooey caramel...the boozey coconut is jussst barely there-not overwhelming as rum/booze can tend to be...a little bit like the rum note in Upa Upa, just a dash of it. This is such win on me. I am so glad I got a partial-hopefully that will be enough!

In bottle: Spicy apples!

Wet on skin: Caramel apples and hot buttered rum. Yum!

Dry on skin: Settled into hot buttered rum, and it's delicious!

Verdict: If it was still available, I'd buy it.

In the Imp - It's red lantern, well the caramel undertone and overall feel of Red Lantern, yet sweeter with a boozy undertone! I love this already!

Wet - Ohhh no! Apples galore. I really dislike apple flavoured or apple scented anything. It's not like real apples! Caramel apples. I can live with that. It just reminds me of home made candy apples you get at Halloween. I love those!

Dry - Sheer butterscotch and caramel! A little too sweet for me. I haven't had the faintest hint of coconut yet :( I wanted it to be like a caramel malibu party on my skin. But alas... it wasn't :(

Verdict - I'll look for the older version, perhaps an aged bottle and see how that goes. This could be brilliant if it was less sickly sweet.

This one is a bit hard for me to wrap my mind around.

In the bottle, it smells like my old aunt's mildewy house, complete with the rotting apples in her fruit basket. It's all rotty apples and mildew. No caramel or butterscotch or rum.

On my skin, the scary apple/mildew duo calms down a bit and I can detect a bit of caramel and butter scotch, but the scent is mainly still apples at this point.

This stuff has really good staying power. I put a very small amount on my wrist with a tooth pick and 13 hours later, it was still there. That's very impressive :) But still not much butterscotch or caramel. Just the same apple-y scent that was there from the beginning.

Like kissing someone you're crazy about, who has just eaten a toffee apple. Unusually sensual, extremely sweet and mouth-wateringly delicious. Makes me want to go to the hair and buy bags of candyfloss, toffee apples, nougat and cinder toffee. One of the nicest blends I've smelt yet -- and I want more!!

Warm, cozy, and extremely boozy! Not much apple for me but loads of caramel and rum. Probably not a keeper but I could see how liquor/foodie folks would like it.

Wow, way more boozy than I expected! I just got a decant of the original 06 version.

In Imp: Apple and unidentifiable booze! No coconut so far.

Wet: Warming on my skin, it's apple and less booze and a touch of coconut. Ah, there is the butterscotch!

Dry: Now it's all caramel apple with almost no booze left. I still haven't gotten any coconut, which could simply be the age of the decant. It's really lovely and mellow for a foodie scent.

Verdict: Surprisingly good, especially due to the booziness in the imp. When it dries, however, it's an awesome, mellow, buttery caramel apple.

Edited by Whisperstilled

Only had a sniffie of this one. WHOA BUTTERSCOTCH!!! It seemed to completely overwhelm anything else: I didn’t get the caramel or apples or anything. Didn’t try on my skin, so not sure of how the drydown would have worked. However, I don’t like butterscotch, so I probably wouldn’t have cared for this one anyway.

Well, I've come to the conclusion I cannot do apple or pumpkin scents. As much as I love the idea of both just can't Pumpkin=burnt coffee/syrup and Apple=fake and plastic. Both things I love dearly and the idea of both knock my socks off and I am seriously depressed that I can't do anything with either pumpkin or apple. :cry2: Anywho...this scent is just a terrible mess on me as soon as it dry it smells like a cheap apple air freshner and only a time bit of the caramel shows through....BS I tell ya, BS. I wanted to love this one but it was a no go.