Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
requieminblack

Pumpkin Queen

The Glorious Grand Dame of the Pumpkin Patch! Regal Egyptian Amber, red ginger, orange peel, mandarin, cardamom, fig leaf and warm pumpkin.

Well, this is my first Pumpkin bottle, so I can't compare it to anything else.

But why would I want to? I love Pumpkin Queen! From start to finish, love love love it.

In the bottle it came at me like warm gingerbread, sweet and hearty.

Wet: Pumpkin and ginger with the brightness of orange flitting around it.

Drydown: Yah the cardamom makes my skin pretty warm as well, but I gotta love it because it comes on with the amber and the fig and I get that happy contrast of coziness and excitement that makes me worship the lab. It's all so smoove except for the wild citrus.

Later: The orange keeps it up the longest, the pumpkin and spices linger nicely though.

I give it a 5 out of 5. Wearable and a great room scent.

I detest Jack but thankfully this smells nothing like it on me. Really it smells like a pumpkin-laced version of Gingerbread Poppet - warm and cozy and rich, the perfume version of a roaring fire on a rainy night. After half an hour, it does turn a tad buttery and the spices go muted. But it's still pretty gorgeous. Glad I got it.

ok so i was so excited to try this and wham! totally butter, like movie popcorn scent when i opened it up. exactly like jack, which smells awful on me. However, i finally decided to give it a go, and once it hit my skin the butter faded and the pumpkin came out. now that it has dried down, the spicy scent of cardamom comes which i absolutely love. This still smells foody, and candlesque but i just love the smell so much i think ill wear it anyway!

PUMPKIN QUEEN

In Bottle: Orange and pumpkin

On Skin: The ornage peel is actually the most dominant note on me, it comes out quite strong, but isn’t too tart since the gorgeous ginger, cardamom and pumpkin both sweeten and warm it up. It smells foody but also quite sexy due to the drop dead lovely Egyptian amber, one of my favorite notes ever. The fig leaf slices though with a slight green note. I get a nice buttery feel from this scent, not sure which note is doing that but it’s quite tasty, the pumpkin I think. This is not your average pumpkin scent at all. I am generally not a huge pumkin fan, but this one is along the lines of Pumpkin King, foody but also quite regal and with beautiful depth. I’m considering a second bottle, it’s that good!! It has great throw and average wearlength on me. This is going to be my Fall scent for sure!

In the imp: Smells like pumpkin bread - the orange is here but it's not an overpowering orange. It's more like a muffin with orange in it than a strong or juicy orange.

Wet: Okay, this smells *exactly* like Froot Loops on me - at least the Froot Loops I remember eating as a kid that were just red, orange, and yellow O's (now they've got purple & blue O's so I don't know if current Froot Loops smell like this!) I'm not saying I don't like it, because it's not a bad smell, but wow. Froot Loops.

Dry: This gets spicier when it dries, and it does lose the fruity cereal quality. I'm undecided on this - I only have an imp and I think I'll keep the imp, but I don't know about a bottle. When dry, PQ is really nice, but I don't want someone to think I was just eating cereal!

I don't think it smells like Jack at all - this is much, much nicer!

For those that are seeing the comparasions to Jack and Pumpkin Queen, please do not disgress. This may be the perfect pumpkin scent that you've been looking for.

Butter, Warm Amber tends to amp upon me beyond in droves but here in Pumpkin Queen or PQ as I shall call it now it was smooth and understated. There is a hint of spice but not enough to make it overally spicy. Not enough butter to make it overally buttery. Just enough amber to make it warm and gooey almost. There is a hint of citrus that keeps things interesting too giving it a zip.

Pumpkin Queen is everything but not. It's something that anyone whom has different tastes and reacts to things differently may like. A Bpal classic I would think.

In the Bottle: Butter, Pumpkin Pie and Key Lime Pie, citrus. Mmmm. Pie.

Wet: Lemon, Sweet lime, and a crust smell, spices. Mmmm fruit loops. Creamy citrus. Sweet and creamy. Fruity.

Dry: I smell like candy! Mmmm. I think there is a subtle floral in here too. Beautiful citrus sugar cream. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

This is not at all what I would have expected from Pumpkin Queen, but it is so lovely. So far each of my Halloweenies have been so different than what I was expecting and so different from each other. But all in a good way.

Edit: A few hours later her Majesty is still going strong but now she is all sugary floral fruit loops and she is really overstaying her welcome with me. :/ I will hang onto her for now, but this one may need to be swapped later.

Edited by Tempest

in the bottle: very heavy on the pumpkin. i don't know why i was surprised, what with the name and all, but i was. i guess it's cause i'm one of those that take the order of ingredients kind of literally - as in food - and i thought that it would be the least abundant component in this blend.

wet: i dunno. still very pumpkin-y, though i can kind of smell some of the spices coming through.

dry: caramel corn. i kid you not. i have NO clue how this happened.

verdict: no way. not for me. it made me slightly queasy :P. while it's lovely in the bottle, it didn't play nice with my skin chemistry.

Out of the bottle this smells very similar to Jack, but that's probably just the heavy pumpkin :D

Mmmmmm on my skin this morphs into a BEAUTIFUL ginger! I'm getting a sweet smelling musk in the background as well. The pumpkin fades almost completely, but that's perfectly fine because everything in this blend is just PERFECT!.

On my skin, this smells NOTHING like Jack. Jack was a sweeter, buttery/apple scent. Pumpkin Queen is a grown up, spicy, sexy scent...and...ohhh I can't stop smelling myself. I bet this would actually smell really pretty layered with Jack.

After this dries down for a while the mandarin and orange peel start to peek their heads out a bit, but not too much. The ginger/musk combo are still very much in charge.

This is an instant new favorite. I will definitely be purchasing an additional bottle of this. :)

:P

:D

Edited by CourtneyLynne

Glorious, just as lovely as I had imagined it would be! It's definitely a pumpkin scent, but unlike Jack because it's not overly buttery or super foody. It reminds the most of the Pumpkin Patch scent with pomegranate, but not as buttery. Pumpkin Queen is a beautiful, fruity, smooth, feminine pumpkin scent, absolutely perfect for the Fall season. There is a hint of spiciness to it, just enough to make it interesting. It definitely last awhile and stays pretty fruity on my skin. Just perfect, I love it, I'm ordering another 5 ml!! :P

First butter and pumpkin, and then the orange comes out, but not in a Moxie-type HELLO BOYS HERE I AM kind of way. It sharpens the scent and keeps it from being too buttery. Love it.

A.

This is delicious. I didn't bother sniffing the imp and tried it out immediately. At first sniff (on my skin), it smelled kind of...off. Then it immediately blossomed into something familiar and amazing, and it took me a few seconds to place it. Cranberry Orange Muffins. And then a hint of gingerbread and pumpkin creeps out. I thought that Jack was everything I wanted Gingerbread Poppet to be, but I was wrong. This is the best of both of them rolled into one. Definitely a gorgeous fall scent.

The throw on this is almost all buttery pumpkin, but close to the skin it is dusty and dry - a combination of the amber, fig leaf, cardamom, and ginger. I don't get any citrus out of this, but I don't really mind. This is warm and beautiful and the perfect scent for autumn. SO worth the wait time. :P

I ADORE the queen! She is buttery (but not buttery like Jack), sweet, fruity, and slightly spicy. This is seriously one of the best scents I have ever encountered, and I just want to bathe in it. :D :D :)

Unfortunately, it lasts about 15 minutes on my skin. :P

I will have to play with lotions, spritzes for my clothes, scent lockets, etc. to make this work for me, because now that I've smelled it, I'm determined to find a way to wear it. It really is that good. Excellent job, Beth. ;)

On first application, I smell pumpkin baking in a rich buttery crust. Then the ginger and orange come out. The ginger is strong! Now it smells like gingerbread mixed with pumpkin pie. The mandarin adds a sweet, bright sparkle to the mix. A great, cozy fall scent.

Bottle: spicy cocoa. no, seriously.

Wet: hints of that spicy cocoa impression remain, but the amber deepens it. warm and right on the edge of foody.

Dry: primarily spicy, very warm and a deep reddish brown in tone..the ginger and cardamom are really spectacular.

Later: mellowed, but still warm spiciness. Foodier than I usually care for, but this is just so comforting, and complex, and warm...it'll be a seasonal wear, yes, but it's lovely.

In the bottle: Butter! Cinnamon toast? Pumpkin!

First applied: Mmm, this is Jack's sexy girlfriend. (yes, an overly simplified statement, but it's what comes to mind!) The orange peel and mandarin are dominant to me now. I almost smell like a pomander orange. :D

Later on: This becomes spicy and oh-so-beautiful. The amber, ginger, and cardamom jump to the forefront, with a soft, creamy pumpkin note anchoring the scent.

I've found my perfectly wearable pumpkin! :P

Edited by Capriquarius

In the bottle... I definitely smell Jack in here. Sweet and buttery... yet more spicy than Jack. I'm hoping that it won't be as nauseating as Jack is on my skin.

On me... woo. The comparison to Jack fades as soon as this touches my skin :D. This actually makes me think of yellow cake with an orange cream cheese frosting; and a warming, spicy kick added in for good measure. I sometimes have trouble with spicy scents, but this one isn't overwhelming at all.

I want to not like the Pumpkin Queen, because she held up my order for over a month, but I'm finding her too yummy to stay mad at her. She is foodie heaven. :P

straight sniff from bottle is butter and sweet spice...

once applied it gets more buttery and almost like cereal...fruit loops

to be precise...with whole milk :D

while i love this scent to pieces it does not last nearly long enuff on my

chemistry which is a total bummer...cuz it is that gorgeous...

all hail the queen of halloween :P

Lovely, buttery pumpkin with the hint underneath of orange peel. In it's later states, the buttery-ness has faded, the pumpkin is indistinct, but there is a hint of mandarin on the finish, along with amber and cardamom. It does fade rather fast on me, so I think this will be one to reapply often, but that's ok. It's really lovely, and I'm happy I grabbed a bottle.

Edited by empi girl

Alas, as much as I anticipated Pumpkin Queen, there is no love.

In the bottle/wet, I smell STRONG orange, withe everything else cowering in the background.

As it dries I catch a small come-hither of pumpkin, waaaaay far off somewhere.

Then it dries and turns into orangeorangeorange and butter. I can't wear any of the Lab's buttery scents, I guess, because they all turn to pure fake-y butter smell. Bleh.

No love here, I'm sad to say. I'm glad everyone else is loving it, though ...

Edited by javagrrl

In the bottle, it smells great. Very foody, warm.

When I put it on, there was a note that while it wasn't bad (tried it again, it's the cardamom), it wasn't good, either. Had I given up just then, I would have missed a wonderful scent!

After about seven or eight minutes, that note faded, and a creamy, warm, pumpkin-y scent now surrounds me. The amber is there, very faintly, with a whiff of ginger hiding way in the back. It's very slightly spicy; overall, a lovely fall scent that I'm glad I took a chance on! :P

Edited by Melantha

Well, after weeks of waiting the Queen is here. And then she is gone...

Initially, PQ is the perfect fruity pumpkin. A little citrusy, and little spicy, and very pumpkiny. Then, *poof* GONE.

Seriously, Ive reapplied twice this morning, and its only 10:30. If I stick my nose directly on my wrist and inhale deeply, I can kinda tell something is there.

All in all, not worth the wait. :P

Bought a bottle for my mom, and very happy to get a chance to try it on myelf!

In the bottle, reminds me a lot of CTIII: Strange Attractors CDLXII, except slightly more spicy. Okay, since not many have tried that scent....Pumpkin Queen in the bottle is very buttery, with a sweet spiciness behind it.

I put it on and the buttery-ness blooms for a few minutes, then the sweet citrus and spice come forward as the butter takes a bow and retreats. The ginger and spice are indeed something akin to Shub-Niggurath, except there is more going on here, probably because of the amber and orange peel. It's kind of a faint scent on me, but doesn't have to throw a lot to get its impact across. Kind of like a queen issueing a command in a calm speaking voice...there's power behind the beauty. As far as the pumpkin, I'm not sure I'm good at picking out that particular note. It doesn't remind me of carving a pumpkin...it's more like the spices from a pumpkin pie that spring to mind. The amber and ginger (I think) combine to make this something other than purely foody. It's good stuff, that's for sure.

I decided that rather than buy myself a bottle, I'll just be content in the knowledge that my mom has a bottle and I'll enjoy smelling it when she wears it. I'm really glad I got to try it.

Edited by Forspecial Plate