Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
requieminblack

Pumpkin Queen

The Glorious Grand Dame of the Pumpkin Patch! Regal Egyptian Amber, red ginger, orange peel, mandarin, cardamom, fig leaf and warm pumpkin.

Pumpkin Queen-

In Bottle: Butter, and a little cinnamon, and something I identify now as straight pumpkin, knowing what I do of the pumpkin scents in BPAL. Yummy!

Wet: Wow, delicious. More butter, more cinnamon, and some more spices come out too.

Dry: This stays pleasant but it does fade quickly. Too bad! Wish it had stuck around longer. At least it didn't go musty.

Overall: Wish it had more staying power. Edited by Shollin

Bottle: Oh lord, please don't be like Jack (too buttery/foody).

On: Hey, there's pumpkin, but it's not straight up foody -- it's tempered by some sweetness, grounded by something. Maybe that's the Egyptian amber or other fruits?

Dry: YUM. I can do this kind of foody. Definite pumpkin, but with a nice balance of amber from the Lion and slight spice. :P Seems to be a bit ephemeral, but excellent fragrance.

Verdict: Definitely glad I got a bottle. Might consider getting another before she departs.

The Queen was worth the wait! :D

ETA: I can't spell. >.<

Edited by muse

This is the pumpkin scent I have dreamed of for all my duration of this crazy perfume addiction! I am in love :P This is warm buttery pumpkin just like jack the first 3 minutes. Then it morphs and loses all that butter & becomes this sexy, slightly spicy, bright scent. I am so happy I have another bottle coming. This is very special & I will try to buy as many bottles as I possibly can! YUM! :D

Wow, This smells just Like SHUB on me... Its a little spicey, buttery, n green but so so like Shub! Its got nice staying power, seems to hold up well on me. I really like this, and it may just bump Shub outta her place. Beautiful!!

Wow. This was well worth the wait., and better than I could have imagined.

I echo the sentiments of my fellow reviews who have called this the "perfect pumpkin scent." It's not as cloyingly sweet as Jack, but the same butter-pumpkin is there (of course). The addition of the gentle spicy-sweetness of the ginger is absolute genius, and paired with the citrus, Pumpkin Queen positively resonates with the image of golden, crisp Fall days.

Love it, love it.

*slathers*

I'd been a little worried about it, because early reviews compared it to "Jack", which smelled godawful to me. I shouldn't have worried.

In the bottle, this was buttery-sweet, almost mouth-watering. Wet, it was all candy-sweet pumpkin, which was a little much, but as it dried, the ginger and amber warmed up and melded perfectly to make a bright and spicy scent that's just a tiny bit foody. After a few hours, I get a hint of vanilla deliciousness. Small throw, and not overwhelming. I imagine that once this ages up a bit, it'll be amazing.

We'll see how often I wear it, but I might have to have a second bottle of this one. It was worth the wait. ETA2: Since I got this in the mail, I have worn nothing else but. It smells so soothing and beautiful; it has the distinction of being one of two scents that I own more than one bottle of. :P

ETA: This has phenomenal staying power - I applied it at 2:00 pm, and at 11:00 pm, I could still smell it on my wrists. And it still smells beautiful.

Edited by harmonyfb

I get a cider note too. In fact this really remonds me of the cider pumpkin patch - whihc was my favorite. Spicy and warm. This is my perfect fall scent.

This also reminds me of the cider Pumpkin Patch which I love! It's a little bit more spicy though and a bit "fuller" in scent. This is a lovely well rounded fall scent - pumpkins, cider, and spice. :P It really makes me think of the bright colors of the changing leaves. It's autumn in a bottle!

Yay for my PQ arriving!

In the bottle: Warm, buttery pumpkin with spice

Wet: Satiny-smooth, buttery pumpkin

Drydown: Oh no here comes the citrus in a big way! :P The mandarin and orange peel are amping up and going all vinegar.

Thankfully, after about an hour I get pumpkin, amber and cardamom again. I'm going to save this and try it again in a week to see if the citrus stops amping up and smelling acrid.

in the bottle, it's buttery, almost boozy, rich and orange-y, like a spicy cake batter made with cointreau or grand marnier. it kind of reminds me of carrot cake too...or like a pumpkin cake that i used to make...on my skin, it's also an orange-y cake...almost like gingerbread soaked in a warm buttery-orange concoction. it stays pretty rich for a decent amount of time, before mellowing just a bit, and allowing the cardamom to pop out more. at this point, i get more of the actual pumpkin scent, too. pumpkin queen is just a fun, warm, scrumptious scent, that i'll be wearing a lot!

Pumpkin Queen was worth the wait! She's beautiful!!!

The one note in this that I was worried about was the orange peel, I couldn't picture it with the other notes, but the orange peel actually keeps it from being too foody on me. All the notes balance and compliment each other wonderfully- I'll be wearing this a lot this fall!

In bottle: buttery BPAL-ly pumpkin, which smells like fresh-baked bread to me

On skin: wow, the orange really pops on this one. It's not super-sweet like juice, it's more tart with the peel. The pumpkin's hanging out in the background, just chillin' yo

Half-hour later: the ginger is a really nice combination with the orange peel. I don't know why the pumpkin turns out so strong on me, but the citrussy zip keeps it zippy instead of bakery :P

In conclusion: I bought the Pumpkin Patch last year and liked the first 3 (cider, cocoa and pomegranate) a lot more than the other 2 (sandalwood and woods & ivy). I guess I like the "foody" pumpkin blends more, as they seem to meld together better. The Queen is a beautiful melange of pumpkin with the orange and ginger. Worth a bottle! :D

in the bottle, PQ reminds me of Jack, which is expected, but it scares me a little. Pumpkin tends to smell like smelly candles on my skin, but I was hoping that the other elements would balance it out.

On my skin it goes ultra-spicy with the buttery pumpkin hanging out in the background. The cardamom stands out A LOT. It's actually really nice, but it takes a minute to get used to.

Definitely softens up a bit on drydown.

The scent out of the bottle scared me a bit because as much as I want Jack to work for me, after several tries I know it never will ... and this smells a lot like Jack while wet. However, it's much less buttery and has a great spicyness that tempers the sweet buttery pumpkin perfectly. This smells like a delicious spicy pumpkin pie when it dries on me. I love it!

I have such instant lurve for this scent! In the bottle, sweet fruity pumpkin heaven, bright and fresh like scooping pumpkin guts out to make jack-o-lanterns, not too heavy on the spice or incense. Wet on the skin, it's almost a harvest-y Kunstkammer to my nose, like marmalade over pumpkin bread? Completely unusual, but utterly delicious. On the drydown the orangeyness has calmed down and the amber/cardamom start to warm up and make it a warm, sexy skin scent. I adore this lady!

In the bottle: It smells so much like Jack!! I'm a big fan of Jack, so that's a good thing!

Wet: Nice and pumpkin-y but not too much so. I like it :D

About 15 mins later: What's this? Spicey Play-do?! NOOO!!!! Hopefully it'll calm down in a bit and not be Play-do.

I have to wait a while to be sure but right now, I can't see myself keeping it. Oh how I want to love you, Pumpkin Queen but the Play-do phase is making me kind of sick. I think I'll try it again in a couple weeks and see what she does to my skin. Otherwise, I may have to make a room scent because I don't know if I can bring myself to sell or swap her. :P

in the bottle: i DEFINATELY get the comparison to jack but it's a little different. jack is a sort of cloying butter scent. this is thinner and not so in your face.

wet on skin: this is MILES better than jack. this is buttery pumpkin pastry whereas jack is just all butter. this has a bit of the pie crust smell. hints of spice. i can definitely pick out the orange but it suits it just fine. oh god this is goooooood. so very very much worth the wait. she's available until WHEN again? i need more. more more more!!!

drydown: less pastry. more orange. but not totally orange b/c the pumpkin IS there. the others hang in the background. so very comforting. i'd say it's more orange than pumpkin at this point but that is PLENTY fine by me as i haven't been able to find an "orangey" type scent that works on me until now. :D

*bows before the queen* :P

In the bottle: The overwhelming majority that greets my nose from the bottle of Pumpkin Queen is a “candle shop” style spiced pumpkin scent. Some of the spices that waft up from beneath are pleasant enough.

Wet: For a split second, that cloying scent stayed put. Then, up welled some absolutely gorgeous spices and sweetness. The pumpkin is much more real now. What an autumnal beauty!

Drying down: The in-the-bottle scent had me plotting on selling or swapping this bottle, but that plan has been scrapped. Though it retains a resemblance to candle scents, this is much more wearable.

Dry: I am very glad I waited (mostly patiently) for this. Sniffing the bottle made me unduly worried that it would not like my skin or my nose. Pumpkin Queen is classy, rich, and delightfully foody.

Later: This blend quiets down rather quickly into a smooth, sweet, and gently spiced scent. This sweetness hangs on for several hours, then fades out still more. This is a perfect scent for the season, but it would need a reapplication to get a full day’s wear.

At first sniff, this is all buttery pumpkin butter with spice in the distance. The pumpkin butter throw is strong for the first hour or two, then on my skin fades to a faint muskiness, and after a few hours, only the barest pumpkin scent lingers.

Overall: My skin eats the good stuff. :P

Oro

I wanted to love pumpkin queen, I really did, but from the initial blast of butter to the final musty not-quite pumpkin scent that curiously lingered.. it was just not meant to be. maybe my nose isn't sophisticated enough for this regal blend. nutter. :P

Edited by enantiomorph

This is incredibly yummy! A little spicy and I think I can pick out the orange peel... on the drydown it's like mulled apple cider, or at least reminds me strongly of that.

I will note that I'm not really sure what pumpkin smells like, though. :P

Edited by waywardoctagon

oh dear goddess, this was worth the wait! in the bottle it smells of warm and ever so faintly spicy pumpkin.

Wet - it is pure buttery pumpkin. Dripping with butter, but it stays sweet smelling, not touring sour or stale on the skin.

Dry-down – now a faint hint of spice coming in as it begins to dry-down. i smell like my pumpkin cake bars i used to make (and that recipe will have to be converted to gluten-free *now*, because i have a craving from this scent). The scent is rich and actually really appealing for a food based scent.

Dry - throw is actually pretty good -- as long as the room is warm. i'm getting nice wafts of sweet and still buttery pumpkin, and still just the faint hint of spices. if i sniff closer to my wrist, there is this underlying note of sweet, a reddish sweet, that makes me think of a nice wine. Not that fruity and heavily spiced 'mulled-cider' note I get from Samhian and Harvest moon, but a not quite fruity yet still sweet note that just says 'wine'. Of course, this is Pumpkin Queen, much more regal. My guess is this must be the amber, as it doesn't have a spice bite to it that I expect from the red ginger.

Verdict - this blend is definitely regal and refined -- and it's a real keeper.

It occurs to me with there being a Pumpkin King, Pumpkin Queen and Jack... there's almost an entire Royal Court.

This is a wonderful variation on the Pumpkin theme. A bit seasonal but eminently wearable.

ADDED Oct. 31:

Call me crazy but I get Pumpkin Cheesecake with Orange Zest.

In other words, BeaverMoon meets Jack for a tryst in an orange grove.

Finally got my hands on the elusive Queen!

In the bottle: This reminds me of Pumpkin Patch #1. Pumpkin and a bit of spice.

Wet and initial drydown: This starts out truly edible. Spicy pumpkin with a hint of orange, like pumpkin bread spread with creamy frosting and sprinkled with orange peel. This one had enough throw that my husband trailed down the hall after I'd put it on, and began to demand I make him some cake, because this had made him hungry!

Dry: The buttery pumpkin notes have anchored this, but it becomes less foody and more sophisticated as time goes on. The citrus and ginger hang around, and I get a steady warm thrum of amber through it. Beautiful, warm, comforting. However, after about an hour, this loses most of its throw and becomes a spicy skin-scent.