Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Titania

A nocturnal bounty of fae dew-kissed petals and pale fruits: white grape, white peach, iced pear, musk rose, sweet pea, moonflower and snapdragon.

In the bottle: Fresh pear and grape juice with icecubes. Also, there's no pinapple in this, but it smell like it. Sparkly wet and filled with frozen fruits.

It stays light and pure on the skin, although it loses that immediate "drink me!" scent. Instead, we get to discover the different fruits, like grape and iced pear and white peach.

After the drydown, the flowers come into play. Specifically the musk rose and something that's slightly less sweet than the rest, almost earthy. It's good they added that, or else the rest would've been too flightly. On top of that, there's a cold pear scent that is determined to stay. It's the sort of perfume that one could image would move in tendrils, like something frozen in a very hot room.

Haven't smelled snapdragon before, so I'm unsure where in the scent it features. The scent's very full and clear, though. It's difficult to see where one thing ends and the other begins because these ingredients fullfill each other. This makes it rather difficult to guess correctly, since it's so sneaky. :P It doesn't last very long on my skin. But then again, it is the sort of scent that should melt away to stay in character.

The mental picture I was stuck with was a large, frozen pond with plenty of icetaps hanging from the trees around it. There's a superstition (I can't be the only one that heard this one.) that says that if you look into a pond during the full-moon nights, you'll be able to get a glimpse of the wonders of fairy land: the elves dancing to faint music and eating strange fairy fruit. It's not encouraged, however, because people are supposed to be so enchanted by the sight that they end up disappearing into it. Wearing this perfume feels like you have experienced that, and managed to get away from it more or less unscathed, although slightly haunted by it.

I bought a bottle thinking this would be just incredible on me. I can wear fruit like Carmen Miranda, so what did I think could go wrong? *Sigh* Not this time. Not this fragrance. It smells wonderful in the bottle, all crisp and garden party cool, like iced fruit. The first try, I got the lemon Pledge effect. The second time, I can get some grape, peach and sweet pea, but there's a slightly sour edge to it that's so uninviting. So, Titania will be the latest addition to my forthcoming swap/sale page. I get along with her husband Oberon much better. :P

Edited by dirtytrip

This is pretty darn fruity in the imp, and it fades to ethereal sweetness the instant it touches my skin. Kinda soapy - not very, but I do smell that. I can't pick out any notes.

I think this is my favorite fruity blend so far. It's absolutely GORGEOUS in the bottle....it smelled like peaches and pears (2 of my favorite fruits)....is it possible for a scent to smell "juicy" because if it is, then this is the juiciest peach/pear scent I have ever come across! :D This is a perfect summer scent and I don't regret purchasing a 5ML bottle unsniffed.

On the skin it keeps it's true form (juicy juicy juicy) I could not stop sniffing my wrists.....this is a keeper for sure!!!! :P

On the wand, this is much more perfumey than I expected. I pick up the white grape right away, but it’s nestled into a bloom of florals that I can’t quite tell from one another.

On my wrist, rather than being complex and multilayered, the scent settles immediately into a low, pale floral muddle. That was unexpected. Also, there’s a decent throw on the muddle, so it’s low, pale floral muddle everywhere. Hmm.

The muddle has stopped being so muddly, but it’s still one scent rather than layers. I really can’t pick anything out of this. All I discern is a perfumey, pale floral with a touch of sweet fruit juice under it.

As time passes, this scent grows prettier on me and I come to like it more. It doesn’t seem quite so muddly any more, though I have no illusions about being able to tell its aspects apart from one another. The flowers that I detect become a bit darker as the scent fuses into my skin.

In the end, it’s very nice, and I could cheerfully wear this again, though it’s not bowling me over.

In the bottle: Pretty, slightly fruity floral scent.

On skin (wet): Very fruity with floral undertones. Nice, a little too strong for me, gives me a slight headache.

On skin (dry): I could only stand wearing this for like 2 hours, so I didn't give it a full test run. This is a well blended scent, very nice, but not for me. The headache never went away, and it didn't mellow much on my skin. Definitely a long laster. Was very hard to wash it off, too. Good choice if you love very fruity florals.

I've tried it twice now, and had the same reaction both times. Too strong, too floral. My skin amps up that rose and hangs onto it, baby. I smell like Grandma's soap. Too bad, it smelled so divine in the vial.

Edited by talula_fairie

this was a lot sweeter than i expected. it's a very nice scent. from wet to completely dry, it smells like a very sweet musk. A little too feminine for my test, but lovely nonetheless.

Sweet and floral when I first put it on. Later on throughout the day, it gets more grapey, it reminds me of sparkling grape juice. It's really pretty. As the scent fades, the florals start to come up with the grape. I'm pretty bad at picking out invididual notes, and I don't think my description does this scent justice, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Titania. :P

imp: crisp fruit floral

skin: first thing i can pick out is iced grape. there's definitely something else there, though. i think it is rose/moonflower. the rose really comes out later. very beautiful.

In the imp: Bright and light--I smell the various florals, with the sweet pea and gardenia strongest. The pear is also there as well.

Wet: Fruits tend to start strong on my skin, and they do with this scent as well. However, it soon gives way to the florals.

Drydown and wear: I think this could enter my select group of favorite clean scents. It doesn't change much from the wet stage, but I really like, and it's got some staying power.

IN BOTTLE: Ahh, so rich, yet delicate, and fruity! It's almost like a candy, it's so sweet.

FIRST APPLIED: Still extremely fruity, but there's a little "bite" that comes out, too. That "bite" just faded away, however. It smells very clean and fresh -- the "dew kissed petals" description hits this scent perfectly.

Floral scents are starting to come out, but it's still retaining a very fruity, wet smell.

It makes me think of this passionfruit body spray I had when I was a kid. The passionfruit spray was too terribly disgustingly sweet, though, and this is a bit milder.

Makes me think of purples and blues and big fat raindrops that smell like fruit.

A spring sunset, with huge fat raindrops falling on overripe fruit trees.

DRY-DOWN: It's beginning to settle down into a milder fruity scent. I can almost smell vanilla. I don't smell much, if any, of the floral notes in this perfume. I really like this, but for now it's TOO sweet. When it's drier, later, it will smell even better.

When I smeared it on when I first got my perfumes, this was the longest lasting perfume. It was a very "purple" scent, if that makes sense. It's got good throw and lasts a VERY long time on me. I may get a bottle. :P

This is another one of those scents where I went straight for the bottle, because it had one of those descriptions that was just so "me". Fruity florals and me get along famously... light ones, heady ones, smoky ones... it's all good, so it was kind of a no-brainer. Plus it's based on Titania, my all-time favorite Shakespeare character, which hardly hurt.

It's a lovely scent, but I will say it was a lot stronger than I was expecting, which other people interested in Titania should be aware of. I know that very strong, sweet florals aren't for everyone. I was personally imagining this would be a much lighter scent, but it's actually quite heady and almost soporific. Definitely more of an "evening" perfume, in my opinion, or something to pull out for special occasions. It's sweet and ethereal like the fairy queen this is named for, but it's sheer strength calls to mind the Midsummer Night Dream itself: a topsy-turvy, heady and dreamlike reality. It's also surprisingly seductive, which I'm not sure most people normally associate with this variety of scent. That's great for me though, as the "sexy" scents are usually too spicy for my taste, so this will give me something to reach for when I want to feel a little more glamourous and alluring than usual.

As far as individual notes, this is one of those blends where I seem to be getting everything in equal amounts, although at times I feel like I can pick out the grape, sometimes the pear, and especially the peach. As far as the floral portion of it, I can definitely identify the sweet pea, but can't really single out any of the other flowers. None of that is necessarily a bad thing though. Everything just blends together very well on me. If I had to sum up the overall scent, I'd describe it as the olfactory equivalent of eating from a silver dish of juicy ambrosia and chasing it with sparkling white grape juice from a crystal goblet. It's a cheerful, magical smell indeed. Definitely something I really like that has a certain possibility of becoming something I dearly love more and more with each wearing.

Edited by glass_cat

Goodness, this is a sweet, pretty scent. I primarily smell peach, but I can also get the grape and a variety of florals. Like someone mentioned above, it's actually quite strong for a floral - I feel like I'm wafting a cloud of peach around my wrist. It's all very well balanced and blended, everything merging into, well, a peach-colored glow - bright and sweet, but not light, if that makes any sense. I think for me, it's just overall a little too peach-y - I like peach, but I'm not fond of smelling like things to eat. It's really a lovely peach, not sickly or artificial at all, and more perfume-y than food-y, but somehow peach is not me. But if you like peach, or fruity florals, you will probably love this.

When I opened this, I thought I'd love it, it's beautiful and light and floral but after it dried on me, while I still get flowers, I also get dryer sheets.

I don't mind smelling like freshly dried clothes but you know, it's not what I'm looking for in a perfume oil. :P

This one had been on and off my wish list several times -- I loved the description, but kept worrying it would be too floral for me. Finally I got the chance to try it at a meet'n'sniff, and I liked it enough to swap for it.

The floral component is certainly there, but it's very light - not overwhelming at all. And the fruit notes balance the florals extremely well, so that neither one dominates the scent. And the florals smells very much like real flowers, not floral perfume. It's quite sweet, but very light, fresh and ethereal, suitably enough for its name. And there's something just a little bit intoxicating about it, just a faint hint that seems to suggest that if you inhaled deeply enough, it might be mind-altering.

All in all, quite nice, and very fae. Not altogether the type of scent I want in the middle of winter, but it will probably be excellent for spring, when I am all about the light, fresh scents.

Grade: B

Oh my this is so beautiful, I'm not sure if my review will do it justice.

This is the only BPAL scent that's remained completely consistent on my skin. A bright, crisp fresh grape and pear scent, with just the barest hint of florals.

There are no words to describe this. Just...ethereal. Lovely. :P

Along with Empyreal Mist, this is my favortie day-to-day scent, one that I reach for every morning.

Finally a blend with rose that doesn't overwhelm! This is beautiful--it's fruity and softly floral but with this chill overlayed on it. Like a table set in a midnight garden, when the dew is cold on your feet. It's beautiful. Simply beautiful. I reminds me of a line from a song I've always loved. I think I'm going to be using this more as a room scent in the summer than as a perfume, though. It's lovely on, but it gets faint on my skin (which tends to eat lighter scents).

This is the first scent that my skin completely and utterly rebelled against.

I could smell in the imp, that it was lovely and sweet and amazingly blended.

The minute it touched me skin, I smelled like chapstick. I still smell like chapstick, only less strongly.

Needless to say, I won't be keeping this.

Very fruity! This is a really juicy and sweet scent. It's mostly pear, white grape and peach. I can detect some floral notes too (probably the sweet pea), but it's mostly fruits on my skin. It also has a kind of aqcuatic or iced quality, which makes it feel more "blue" to me.

Delicious scent indeed. Not for me though, since I usually don't like to wear fruity-floral scents.

In the vial:

oooh a deliciously sweet pear

On me:

I immediately love this. It goes on sweet and fruity and makes me think of the Victoria's Secret blends I used to wear back in Middle School. The pear is in the foreground for me, though after a while it sort of becomes a mish mash of all the fruits rather than straight up pear and it's softly sweet.

I can smell the rose but... it's not like rose to me. Rose is usually strong and heady on my skin and this... while it smells similar to rose, is sweeter and WAY softer. Pleasant! I do not know what snapdragon or moonflower smells like specifically so they could be lending to that impression.

I love that this is not becoming mostly floral on me though - the sweet fruits are beautiful - and they work so well together. It's nice that it isn't like fresh fruit (like Fruit Moon for instance) that it's more like candied fruit.

Final note:

I need a bottle of this one, I cannot believe I put off trying this one for so long! I'm lucky that the lab frimped me this or I still wouldn't have tried it yet!

This is so sweet, in such a non-overwhelming or offensive way. It's sugar kissed juicy grapes and peaches with frosty, sugar dusted flowers. It's lilac coloured, but more like a gemstone than something powdery or girly. I wear this when I feel kicky and young and free-spirited... along with my super sparkly silver eyeshadow. They just seem to match.

The flowers are totally happy and don't overpower the scent at all. This will be a big bottle purchase... before my imp runs out!

Wet, I pick up the pear and the sweet pea. I don't normally go for florals or fruits, but this is a very clean green. It smeels like the best shower products possible - I adore it. Dry, it keeps the same scent to it - it's a wonderful change of pace from deeper scents I usually like. A very surprising win, here!

This is a charming scent a bit of a morpher. It starts crisp, fresh fruits - mostly grapes and peach. As it dries down, the moonflower and musk rose joins the fruits. Once its fully dry, its a musky floral without any fruit notes. This is a light, skin-clinging scent, but very lovely and summery. I'm glad I went with a bottle purchase - unsniffed! :P

This one was very juicy and sweet in the imp.

When I put it on, it started out very true to its imp-scent -- a little strong, but still very sweet and fruity. On me the fruits were more prominent than the florals, which I couldn't smell other than a vague hint of what I think was the sweet pea.

However, after about 5 minutes on, it was gone. My skin ATE it, and the only lingering scent was a bit sour and dusty. I was terribly disappointed, as this was delicious in the imp and on me for the first moments.