Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Titania

A nocturnal bounty of fae dew-kissed petals and pale fruits: white grape, white peach, iced pear, musk rose, sweet pea, moonflower and snapdragon.

*sighs* like a sigh after making love, fullfilled

wet:beautiful fruitiness the pear, peach and grape all balance perfectly, beautifully,

dry: a soft breath of floral, not too floral just a breath of sweet freindly flowers mingles in and tangos w/ the fruitiness

def will get a big bottle of this!

In the bottle: It smells fresh and sweet with a bit of citrus.

First on: Quite fruity, but not deep dark fruits, light spring fruits. There are also pale floral notes lingering in the background.

After an hour: I didn't do an after a few minutes because this has stayed the same on me, the balance is perfect, the light floral notes even out the sweetness of the fruit in a melody that sings of early spring in an enchanted garden.

I smply adore this and it's being added to me 10ml bottle wishlist.

In Bottle: BEAUTIFUL. Plain and simple! Fruity and floral.

On skin: This is one of my favorites so far. Oh my… the peach and pear and the first notes I smell, and I adore them. The florals are mild which is good because I’m not a big fan of florals. This is the definition of a spring scent. I automatically think of gardens and fresh fruit. It’s a daytime picnic scent. And VERY feminine. As it settles it’s a bit earthy/dusty… the wetness of the fruit is fading… not sure if I like that.

Three words: Peach lip gloss.

:P

It's a very, very light fruit scent and disappears as quick as it arrives. Not my thing.

ADDED 2/8/10:

This is very fruity on me, very pear and sweet grape. It gave me a headache when I first applied it and I almost thought of washing it off. The fruit smells very fake too, like a candle.

It's more calm now, but doesn't have much of a scent after the 30 minute "headache" period.

This is really not for me at all. Way too sweet and fruity.

Edited by Shollin

I found Titania to be absolutely beautiful, and perfect for what I am wearing today (pink shirt, floral skirt, pink converse).. it's cute and light, nothing too important or serious. I'll probably buy a big bottle :P

Alas, it fades quickly, and I have a date tonight, so I have to re-apply.

Edited by ohm

Titania:

Wet: light fruity scent. I can definitely smell pear and grape.

Dry: Very light fruity scent

This is a very pretty, delicate scent but fades very quickly on me. After only an hour, it's gone.

In the Bottle ::sniff sniff:: Sweet, candy, Sweet Pea.

Wet Pear. Oh baby. PEAR

Drydown The Sweet Pea got loud, and faded a bit. It smells like a watered down version of Juliet. Hmmmm......

2 Hours Later Mostly just Sweet Pea. I am not getting the complex scent I was expecting. Perhaps I need to try this one again when I am not on the rag? lol.

Verdict I thought I would LOVE this one and it just ended up being a poor man's Juliet. It's nice but...... I'll have to try it again.

Edited by etherealchild

By far my all time favorite! It smells like frozen peaches and grapes on me, with the loveliest undertone of complimentary florals. It makes me think of skipping through a lush, fruit filled forest on a crisp spring night. This is truly a masterful blend of fruit and florals, not too strong in either direction. Truly worthy of a faery queen. Titania makes me happy and I'm truly addicted to it. I need to order a 10 ml soon! I'm thinking of wearing this for my wedding day.

In the bottle: This reminds me of the watermelon Bubbalicious my mom always got when I was a kid. So sweet & yummy that after a few chews you want to swallow it.

First on: I still smell like Bubbalicious. Please let this one change.

Drydown: If it's possible, this has gotten even sweeter. Please get it off me. :P Such a shame, since Titania is one of my fave characters.

Oooh, I really love this. When I first put it on, the white grape was most prominent. Then the pear note came out. I can't smell the peach at all, which is fine with me because I actually don't like peaches and I was hoping that it wouldn't be a strong note in this blend. Okay, here come the florals. They complement the white grape and pear perfectly.

Sweet, juicy fruits mingled with wet flowers. Definitely need a big bottle of this one.

Could anything smell more heavenly? It makes me feel beautiful! It's sweet and floral without being cloying. The perfect spring/summer transition scent. Definitely a bigger bottle in my future...

Well, well, well. Here I am, ms. I-don't-like-floral-or-fruity-notes. I get and imp of Titania in a swap. Read the comparisons of it to La Belle au Bois Dormant, which I wasn't taken with (but didn't hate).

On goes Titania--why not compare the two?

and, wow! I like it! It does remind me of La Belle, though I'm not sure why...the pear note I suppose, but Titania is richer, greener, with a slightly bitter note that I can't identify but enjoy. It is, as so many others have noted, a dish of iced fruits....in green spring grove....scent of spring flowers blending in....Very refreshing and lovely, though I wish the fruity note would linger longer than the sweet pea, which becomes a bit too sweet.

Still, I like it well enough to keep the imp.

In the Vial: Pear and maybe some Rose.... Possibly Grape.

Wet on the Skin: Pear and Sweat Pea...

Drydown: Sweat Pea and Pear and some florals behind it. It's very nice! Almost candylike!

Conclusion: This makes my nose itch too much, unfortunately. It's nice but I don't think I'd wear it often.... But either the Sweet Pea, or -something- in here is making my nose itchy... maybe the Pear. :P;;

Fruity and floral - the essence of spring.

Personally, there's so much stuff in this I can't pick out any one thing for long.

I like the way it floats on me, however it does fade unless you get real close by mid-afternoon.

Verdict: Best mixed with a shower oil or lotion for staying power.

All things considering, one to put on the bottle list for next spring. I can't see myself reaching for it over the later half of the year, but come spring, I want to smell like this.

To me this one smelled like cool fruit with a greenish note.

It is a very pretty, feminine fruit scent. I couldn't really pick out the individual notes. It is fresh and clean.

Fun! As soon as I applied this blend I imagined eating a perfect fruit salad in a summer garden as twilight cooled the heat of the day. I got hints of each individual fruit, but they blended in well with the floral notes.

Unfortunately my skin amplified the rose as this blend dried down and soon that was all I could detect

A perfect blend of fruits and florals!

I have trouble picking out the notes (hah! like that would be a first!), but I think I can smell the pear; it might be that which makes Titania so sweet on my skin... But then there is another note just in time to avoid the pear from getting sickeningly sweet :P

I think this is perfect for late summer nights spend with good friends in a garden lit up with candles, sipping to a glass of wine and catching up on the latest gossip.

I´m so happy Titania likes me!

Yay!

...Off to dance with the fairy queen and lust for Oberon

This is a fresh, slightly sweet, fruity/floral blend. I can pick out the pear and floral elements, but I can't identify those.

After a while, the fruits become deeper and somewhat heavier. This is a beautiful blend, but it's not really suited to my tastes. I can't see myself using the imp much, so I'll pass it along to someone else.

But if you're the fruit and floral type of person, definitely try this.

Bottle (Imp): Flowery and sweet.

Just On: Sweet flowers.

An hour or two later: Soap. Damned skin.

Around 6 hours: Soap.

12 hours: Faint soap.

Overall: Poo. Soap.

After reading other reviews: I had hopes that the grape, peach and pear would be the dominant notes, but alas, my skin revved up the flowers to the point of soapy yuckiness. If you like pretty flowers with some sweetness, this IS an awesome scent.

In the Bottle: Fruity sweetness and light florals. I can smell the sweet pea.

On Skin: I smell something like sugared peaches. There is the sweet pea and a slight rosy floral note to it.

On Drydown: This reminds me alot to Juliet. Only more fruity sweet.

Verdict: Pretty scent but too fruity sweet for me. Off to swap.

In bottle: Sweet and bright and giggling. White grapes and peach and moonflower and sweet pea. The pear is so sweet, too! Everything is beautiful and sparkling.

On me: This is definitely a fairy scent; light and airy. The rose is still invisible, but the other florals are beginning to blossom. The fruits are still the strongest: the peach dominates (it is a wet peach, not quite as juicy as in other blends) and the grapes lack the heavy juice you find in red grape blends. Beth has managed to create the perfect blend for proud Titania.

Wet on me this threw me completely by smelling quite strongly of melons, in particular gala melons. As it dries the peach does come through, alongside a musky scent, which I guess could be the musk rose, but the melon remains the strongest note. Dry it's a gentle, sparkling, juicy peach, and it's very nice, but not very long lasting on me.

I bought a bottle unsniffed, sooo glad I did! This is my favorite fruity/floral from BPAL. This is gorgeous. My favorite fruity/floral commercial perfume is, Petite Cherie, from Annik Goutal. This is what that should smell like, just perfect & thats all I can say :P

I smell the grape and peach strongest in the imp, but there's a definite floral presence as well. It's absolutely heavenly! Makes me think of a forest at night-time, after a long rain. Very beautiful.

Wet, it smells the same. My skin amped up the florals a bit on the dry down, but there is still a distinguishable fruity presence.

Unfortunately, it disappears after only a few hours. . .but, oh, it just smells so lovely, I don't think I'd be able to resist a big bottle of this, even if I have to reapply thrice a day.

In the imp, strong, almost sickly sweet peach and pear.

On skin, Jolly Ranchers watermelon candy. It's nice enough, but just not me. Not to mention, the immediate headache I got after the first sniff...no fun.

Decent amount of throw and lasted a good while. But yep, watermelon candies.