Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Titania

A nocturnal bounty of fae dew-kissed petals and pale fruits: white grape, white peach, iced pear, musk rose, sweet pea, moonflower and snapdragon.

On my skin, the sweet pea & pear notes are the strongest on my skin, but I do detect the peach and grape notes in the background and something resembling melon. Fades fast on my skin as well.

On my skin this is pear and melon, with about the right amount of sweetness. Titania smells a lot like that Pear Glace body lotion they used to sell at Victoria's Secret. It's almost like a candle scent, so would probably be good as a room scent. This is pleasant and quite conventional, a girl-next-door kind of scent.

In the imp, I'm getting a really super sweet fruity floral. It's the same on my skin, and almost borderline bubblegum. We'll see what happens here. Ends up being a neat bright peach/grape combo, going to give this a fuller skin test.

On the full skin test, I'm still getting that sweet fruity floral at first, only a lot stronger. It's definitely going to be a bottle.

Edited by Venneh

Wonderful! The sweet pea is dominant at first with the peach and pear notes in the background It's a very light, bright and cheerful scent. My only gripe is that the wear length is so short.

I'll keep the imp and use it, but I don't think I can justify a bottle for a blend that only lasts a few hours on my skin.

Titania

I feel like all I'm smelling is the white grape. It's probably because my nose is uneducated. This reminds me very much of 51.

2.8 out of 5

Green and melony in the bottle.

Titania becomes more peachy on my skin, but it's a beautiful complex peachy-and-flowers scent, not like fruit candy, or synthetic peach 'flavor.' It's fresh and lovely, and when I smell it, I imagine a summer evening... a midsummer night in fact!

It lasts about 2 hours; I wish it would go on for longer, as I really love this scent, it's delicious! My husband also likes it, which is rather unusual, as he has allergies and tends to complain about scents.

I am new to BPAL and I have purchased 7 bottles in the past month, including the famous Snake Oil, but this one is my favorite so far.

Titania

Peachy and sweet with a hint of tartness. It's juicy and delicious! A fruity-floral that succeeds on my skin! :wub: It smells like a delicious peach wine I enjoy - a very girly drink but so delicious! Titania makes me want to run outside and frolic in the grass. I love her! So glad I have a bottle! :wub2:

I wish I could smell the complexity of this, but all I get is sweet pea and white grape juice. Way too sweet for me.

On first sniff, it's sweet fruit, with some florals that give it a powdery finish.

As it dries down, there's more blending of the fruits and florals, and I can't really pick out one note over another. This is very well blended and the fruits and the florals really balance out. It's also a bit cool which I like.

After some more drying, it also tones down. It also becomes more of a sweet floral, but the fruits really help it from becoming overwhelming with flowers.

In the end, I think this would be fantastic as a body wash, but I don't think I would go for this as a perfume. A good spring or early summer scent.

The white grape and musk rose are the most dominate notes on my skin while the oil is still wet. Once completely dry, however, the blend becomes a delicate mixture of all the fruit and flowers that are listed in its description. This is the perfect blend for those who like fruity and floral notes, but don't want to smell like a fruit salad or a bouquet.

It's just gorgeous; the first oil that I've purchased and I'm in love! Very very sweet... like sniffing a bowl of sugared fruit. After wearing it for a bit, I still get that same sugared fruit smell, but will get a whiff of assorted floral scents when I'm not paying attention. If I go looking for those floral notes, they disappear behind the sugary fruit. After wearing it for approximately two hours, it's faint, but still present. I might or might not want to reapply depending on the situation. It's a nice everyday fruity scent. BIG bonus: My mate (that's read 'fiancé' for those who don't know me well) was floored by the scent... he LOVES it. It was all I could do to keep him off of me... and for a guy who prefers earthy and watery based scents to floral and fruity ones, that really says something! I will definitely be buying this again when it runs out, and am so glad that I've already purchased a 5ml vial!

Candy like fruit, through and through. Like a jolly rancher, only I can't tell what the fruit is. *peeks*, ah, OK, pear and grape, but pear seems to be the most dominant note here. Not a fan of most fruit scents, so this one is out the door.

Titania is exquisite. :D I am usually a fan of bold in-your-face florals, and Titania is not one of my signature loud jasmine or gardenia blends at all but I liked it enough that it's on my bottle list. If any of the notes are more prominent, I would say the sweet pea is most dominant, though the other notes work well to create a blended effect that is more than the sum of it's parts.

Titania is sort of a sweet, girly-girl princess scent but has a sophistication that absolutely lends itself to it's faery queen namesake and keeps it out of the teenybopper cavity-sweet realm. It has a "cool" tone... the fruits smell as though they're iced, and the florals are subdued and yet fresh. The whole thing has the scent effect of a bright spring morning with chill in the air, dew on the grass, and also reminds me of some mystery faery potion. It is not sexy per se, but it is alluring, and exotic, and sensual. LIke the 'fairy princess next door' type of appeal. You could wear it on a date, or a picnic, or to work, it is user-friendly.

I actually got a compliment from my chiropractor with this scent. He is something of a naturalist, and he liked that my perfume smelled like flowers instead of synthetic chemicals. I guess he thought it was weird that a lot of women that came to his office smelled the same- with bpal scents I don't worry about smelling like everyone else- even if I'm wearing the same oil.

in the imp:

titania is a beautiful, sparkling, fruity sweet blend. right out of the imp, i'm getting a gorgeous mix of peach, pear and petals. it's so light, it's almost shimmering. if this isn't a fae scent, i have no idea what is. i can't wait to slather it all over myself.

sniffie meets skin:

unlike other blends which morph a little upon coming in contact with my skin, titania remains more or less the same. this is an almost crystalline scent, as pure as morning dew on sleepy petals and is as delicate as it is sweet. despite its sweetness though, it's never foodie or cloying. there's nothing to mar the innocence of this blend. everything is pure, sparkling white. absolutely wonderful.

i definitely need a big bottle of this.

** as an additional note, i tried oberon on my fiance; while oberon isn't exactly my favourite blend due to the presence of patchouli, which is always a bad thing for me, i love the scent combination of titania and oberon. definitely try a mix of the fairy queen and king.. i promise the results will be heavenly.

Titania is really nice; sweet, fruity and fresh at once. There is a stemmy element amid a juicy fruit salad of melon, peach, grapes and strawberries (the latter might be my imagination, but I truly smell a touch of strawberry). It's not quite as sweet as an Escada fragrance, but nearly is. The green, fresh element makes it better - more unique. Titania isn't a million miles away from the first Paris Hilton scent, which I do own so am able to do a side-by-side comparison. Titania is less harsh, softer, prettier, but they are of the same ilk - modern fruity-florals with fresh aspects.

This scent doesn't have an emotional tug on me in the same way that Fae, Katharina and Alice do, but nevertheless, it's so utterly wearable for someone who likes very sweet, pretty and girlie sillage. I will be sporting this over the summer.

I should mention that my boyfriend was unusually enthusiastic about this scent, which he said was 'fresh and melony'. This contributes to its winning status.

4.1/5

B)

My skin chemistry must have changed since I first tried this a couple of years ago. At that time this smelled like a dead ringer for Victoria's Secret Pear Glacé body spray, not a scent I like. The scent would dry down to a sharp soapy floral scent that was like an ice pick in my frontal lobe.

I got this as an extra imp in a recent order, and this time it is like a different scent. It smells like juicy pear syrup and champagne. As the perfume wears on I smell airy white florals, with sweet pea standing out above the others.

The wear length is not very long on Titania, but the syrupy pear scent of the freshly applied perfume is so pretty that it is worth carrying it around to reapply throughout the day.

In the bottle: grapes and pears, peaches and roses, a bundle of sweet peas and snapdragons! this is icy fruits and slightly cool florals at its' very yummy best! sweet but not cloying. I love the creative combination. it's refreshing and lovely for humid summer days (o hai Massachusetts!)

On my skin: starts out extremely juicy, as peaches and pears, a splash of white grape juice. and roses, oh the roses! rich just-before-they-overbloom ones in pink edged with white. rich like a bed I could sleep forever on. I adore this combination so much! ergh, and I know I'm blathering, but it's really lovely, being so sweet and refreshing without being nasty-sweet or overly girly. dries to mostly peaches/pears/sweet pea.

Last thoughts: seems like a nice warm weather perfume because it feels sweetly cool, like good iced tea. it reminds me of moons and warm humid springs. very elegant and not overpowering. dewy.

On my skin, it smells like a very potent Jolly Rancher, probably melon-flavored? Rather than just calming down, it faded away into obscurity, which is a shame. I'll wear the imp out, but it's not for me.

"sparkly" is the perfect word for this. i'd had this imp forever and forgotten the notes, so i was astounded when both grape and pear showed up on the list- neither are notes i normally go for but this is just beautiful. it's... it's... do you remember the little mermaid? that last scene where ariel comes out of the sea in that perfectly draped dress made of sparkles? this is what that dress smelled like. super feminine, completely romantic. i feel like this would be an awesome introduction to bpal for chicks who normally wear commercial florals- it's not weird, but fantastically different.

I had a reaction to this one and really didn't like it. Way to light white floral for me and turned to soap really quickly.

Imp: This is the fairy queen herself in a bottle, alright! Titania smells like freshly picked pears and peaches floating in a chalice of sparkling wine.

Wet: Juicy, delicious fruit! This is so bright and clean and fresh.

Dry: The fruit dries to a musky sweetness, like there's an aura of fruit around me as I walk. The musk transforms this into an ethereal scent that makes me feel as if I'm walking on clouds.

Like some other reviewers, Titania was fleeting and only lasted a couple hours on my skin, but oh my, is it a lovely scent. I was looking for a fruity scent worthy of a bottle, and I think I found it in Titania! Simply beautiful.

In the imp: a light fruity floral blend, with the grape and sweet pea standing out. It also is more on the fruity side than the floral side.

Wet: Still fruity grape and pear, thought the floral comes out more (sweet pea mostly I think) a very "care free" sort of fragrance. Nice summer scent.

Dry: the fruitiness fades to the background for me, though I can still detect it in there, but not nearly as strong as before. The florals have taken the center stage, again, mostly the sweet pea comes through the strongest...It is a lovely blend, but probably not something I would wear often. Probably won't buy a bottle.

3 out of 5

Something light, something bright..

Imp: Grape, pear and sweet pea jump right at me! I think that these notes harmonize well with one another. It's sweet and juicy yet also floral (but rather yellow & pink floral notes, not white & green ones).

Wet: Oh, yummy! This scent turns into something.. silver golden for me. Fresh, slightly sweet yet something green shines through. Floral notes get stronger in this scent on my skin. This is mainly green juicy pear with a hint of white grape and sweet pea on me now.

Dry: It's very bubblegum-like on my skin. Sweet and juicy. Mainly grape and pear. I don't know what moonflower and snapdragon smell like, but the floral notes in this scent blend really well to a yellow-whitish mix. A light scent for spring, but somehow this is a bit too sweet for me.

This is a softly fruity scent that I adore! It's not a foody fruity- there's too many soft blossoms for that- but it's quite simply delicate and lovely. As others have said, this is a bright girly innocent happy scent!

Got this in a swap. It's one I've been wanting to try really bad so here goes:

In imp: Wow. Very juicy and fresh and nectary. Like a peach you just bit that's so swollen with juice that it's getting everywhere.

On wet: Uh oh. Starting to smell exactly like watermelon bonne belle lip balm, which I ate a tube of as a kid and threw up. It also smells like strawberry bubblicious gum.

Dry: Thankfully that lip balm phase is gone. It's super juicy and pretty. Still smells a lot like a mouthful of strawberry gum tastes, but I like it a lot.