Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Titania

A nocturnal bounty of fae dew-kissed petals and pale fruits: white grape, white peach, iced pear, musk rose, sweet pea, moonflower and snapdragon.

In bottle: Dewy, fresh, peachy, floral.

On me, wet: Scent becomes warmer, less dewy. The peach amps up, and the floral scent is fuller too. Still pretty, but I miss the cool dewy freshness of the in-bottle scent.

On me, dry: Melony peachy flowers. Seems to have reasonable staying power.

Verdict: This is a nice one; I’ll keep the imp around.

In the vial~this is straight up pear, peach and grape. Wet on skin a soft note of sweet pea and moonflower shimmering over the pastel peach and pear. As it dries, the florals blend softly into a musk rose base. A gentle fruity floral...glistening in blush wine & moonlight. Delicate, sparkly and very feminine and youthful. This is beautifully blended. Alas, it is a bit too young for my taste!

Titania is very sweet when i put it on. It has a lot of crisp fruityness to it. The Peach and pear dominate with everything else hovering in a nice blend in the background. i don't get much that is specifically floral that i can say ''oh there's x-flower in this,'' instead i can say "this is a beautiful bouquet supporting the fruity goodness".

Honestly this is the perfect scent for Midsummer and inviting in the Fae.

ooh this is pleasant...

In the imp: Sweet and fresh.. i smell.. grape and pear..

On the skin: A little more sweet than fresh (my skin amps sweet and ignores citrus in the least)

Later: Nice and breezy... like a soft breeze wafting through a fruit orchard with wild flower comming through.

Overall: I like it... perhaps a TAD too sweet... maybe a little jam-like after a while... but the fruit is perfect for the season!!!!

This will be the first full size bottle I order from BPAL, as this scent is very close to perfect on me.

Wet on my skin, this smells a little like pear candy, and sweet pea.

Once this drys down, it smells very soft, sweet. It does smell like fruit, but in a very gentle way, no jams or candy scents on me at this stage. The white grape gives this a clean, juicy smell. It also has a very passive floral fragrance. I don't like flowery smells, but this one kind of wafts in and out, and only amplifies the crisp, fresh fruit smell I get.

Right now, when most days it's 100 degrees or more, I love how cooling and refreshing this scent is, but I can also see myself loving this in the winter, as it does have a "white" and cold smell to it.

The only problem is I have to reapply it very often, but it's worth it, as this smells so great on my skin.

*edit* Just wanted to edit to add that this scent is my signature scent. It smells exactly how I want to smell and it blends so beautifully with my natural scent that it's hard to even wear some of my other oils. It also ages beautifully, my imp is over 6 years old and it is much more blended and mellow than a fresh bottle. I would say with time the floral bouquet gains some complexity and the scent becomes more grown-up.

Edited by satinworship

Grape hard candy from bottle to drydown on me. Not much else to say. I like it, but I'm not really a fruity kind of girl. I almost smell a light musk? I have no idea why. Maybe a little bit of berry as well. Very fae.

Titania is one of my biggest BPAL heartbreaks. Each and every note in it is lovely on my skin (okay, except for snapdragon; I don't know what that smells like :blush: ), and yet this combination is just awful on my skin. Why does it smell resinous? Why does it smell like stinky church incense?

Such a loss!

In the bottle, pretty much all sweet fruit--very well blended and hard to pick out the individual notes, though I think pear and grape are near the top. On me, very similar, but with a somewhat more ethereal edge that I think is coming from the florals--I don't really smell the flowers as such, but they definitely change the texture of the fruits to something wispier and more delicate. Light, sweet, pretty--great spring/early summer scent.

One of my friends described it as smelling very "violet-colored" on me, which makes me happy, as that's one of my favorite colors. Happy I got the bottle. B)

Wet, on me, sweetness. More sweetness. And sweetness.

I actually like the sweet fruitiness of it. The flowers are only just beginning to make their way past all the fruit.

Ah, a whiff of pollen; Now something must be blooming! I still can't tell which flower is which, though.

This is a light, sweet scent. Nothing is heavy, or dark, or brooding.

I just got frimped some of this & tried it. Wet, the sweet pea really jumps out. It reminds me of one of my fave GCs, Kitsune-Tsuki, in that. The fruits play credible backup. It throws fairly well, and lasts quite a while on me. Happily, I have finally found a Illyria I like, it seems!

This is all summer fruit and light floral for me. I didn't even know that snapdragons had a smell (only a mouth!), so i was surprised to see them listed as a note in this fragrance!! Unfortunately for me, I amp rose (and apparently musk rose as well) cuz the rose took over and took me back through the woods to grandma's house....sigh....lovely fragrance if you like rose though. White grape and pear always remind me of summer.....

In short; summery fruit salad and grape soda in a rose garden. This is bright, sweet floral perfume. For me the notes that dominate are the grape, peach and rose. The Rose note is really dry, almost like rose incense. The fruit is really effervescent. The grape note reminds me a lot of Bess.

This is a very traditional perfume scent, minus the headache-inducing aspect. I agree with others that this is an excellent "height of summer" scent. Sweet, and I'll keep my imp, but I don't see a bottle in my future.

Yum! This is the lightest, sweetest, hint of fruity floral- but it lasts! Every time I smell it I either pick out the fruity notes or the florals. It's so girly and feminine and delicate. This truly is a fairy fragrance. I can't wait to have a bottle for next spring and summer so I can wear it when i really feel like it would shine the most.

it's 2am here and i barely had 4 hours of sleep the night before, so this is a really quick note to say:

Titania. Is. LOVE.

such a beautiful floral-fruity scent.. i'm getting a sugar-dusted crystalline pear that peeks out flirtatiously amidst bright sweet flowers. it makes me feel all pretty and bubbly.

big bottle. yes. yes. yes.

Beautiful fruity floral scent, very "opalescent white", and the most fae thing I've ever smelled! I'm happy to have a bottle, though I'm not sure if I'll be using it again for a while. It's definitely not an Autumn scent, though the iciness of it may suit Winter. Pure loveliness and so suited to the fairy queen!

Wet, it’s bright, fruity and perfumey, if that makes any sense. There’s a floral aura about it, but I can’t pick out any direct notes. It’s not quite as darkly-sexy as I typically like (Wanda, Lilith, Tamamo-no-Mae), but Titania is just a lot of fun. Light enough for a summer-day scent, without being overtly citrusy.

Edited by Dominique

Titania (aged 10 months)

Very lovely. First the grape hits me, then the peach, then the sweet pea. Eventually it turns into a boozy blend of everything combined, with the top note leaning towards sugar dusted pear. I'm transported to a garden, with a chill in the air. It is full of blooming petals and plump fruit. It is early, the sunrise just peaking through the moonlit night sky. The dew glistens on each individual grass blade, paling the colors of the earth. The scent is on the verge of being too sweet (bubble gum sweet), but walks the line gracefully.

Wait for it... wait for it... ugh. There we go. Now its waaayy to sweet. I can't think of anything BUT watermelon bubblegum. If I try not to think about it, I can still smell all of the beauty this scent can bring - but its in my head forever now. Bubblegum. Gross. :(

Verdict: *Grumbles*... stupid thoughts...

Oh, how gorgeously this is blended. I love fruity florals and this does not dissapoint in the least. I mostly make out the sugared pear and snapdragon with the grape way in the background, all of the other notes add this white-spring green aura to the scent, without being discernable individually. As it dry's down the musk starts to peek through. This will be perfect in the summer time, as it's a refreshing sweet scent. At times it verges on too sweet, but beautiful from start to finish. This does not turn powdery at all, as some florals can, I only wish that the lasting power were longer, as it is only a couple of hours.

I'm always wary to try anything too floral ... BUT...

In the IMP ~ It smells gorgeous, very sweet and fruity. The white grape comes through the most

On Me ~ Bright, clean, fresh and very feminine! A little bit of the musk is trying to peek out, but with all the floral and fruit blending in, it's very subtle. It also has a lovely alcohol smell, like fruit champagne!!

If I close my eyes and breathe in deeply I can imagine standing in a meadow, the warm morning sun just peeking throught the trees.

10 minutes later ... I smell like lovely sweet STRAWBERRIES!!! I love this!!

In the imp: Floral and tangy

Wet: Fruit salad!

Drydown: As it dried, the fruitiness mellowed out a little and the light, pretty florals came though more. What I really liked though, was that the fruit didn't disappear, it just balanced more with the florals. Fruity notes often disappear quickly on me, but Titania's pear and peach had some legs!

A lovely, feminine scent that perfectly suited the bright, full moon and midsummer night when I first wore it. Though light, Titania has some staying power, which a lot of scents do not for me (though admittedly I did slather this one - I dropped the imp while putting it on and rather than let the spillage go to waste, on it went!). Will get a bottle at some stage.

Sweet fruits and light florals combine to make an etheral summer fragrance. It is soft, airy and completely gorgeous. :wub2:

Wet in the imp it's a very pretty, feminine floral/fruit combo. On my skin it fades remarkably fast, especially the fruits. The florals remain very lightly. It's not for me, so off to the swap pile it goes.

Beautiful!

Imp: Fruity. Grape, peach and pear coming out the most. I'm not getting any florals, and if they're there, they're an afterthought.

On: Gorgeous. Light and juicy, vibrant and crystalline.

Dry: Florals are making an appearance but are not dominating. Grape is still the top note, and I'm getting light, sweet florals. Rose is staying in check and I wouldn't have known it were here had I not checked the notes. Very well behaved.

Very summery and I may need a bottle.