Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Titania

A nocturnal bounty of fae dew-kissed petals and pale fruits: white grape, white peach, iced pear, musk rose, sweet pea, moonflower and snapdragon.

In the bottle- Light fruits, very juicy with an icy kick. Pear and grape juice, a hint of soft roses, all white.

On me- the florals and the fruits intermingle nicely at first being both at the same time. It’s a nighttime summer smell. The light florals end up taking over, especially the rose. The fruits, though they fade away keep it sweet on me.

“I am a spirit of no common rate/ The summer still doth tend upon my state”
That was the first line I thought of when I smelled this. This is the fairy queen in love, alright. For some reason the rose brings out the power in the scent, Titania’s no flitting fairy, she’s the queen.

This is a lovely yummy scent, and I’d kill to play the Fairy Queen onstage, but it's not really my personal taste in scents. I'm hanging on to it though, for those every once in a while days when I feel like smelling like romantic nightime picnic.

In The Bottle

Fresh and fruity. Smells like honeydew.

On Application

The snapdragon amps up immediately but then settles down pretty quickly. This is so fresh and sweet.

Dry Down

I get just a touch of rose behind the fruits. Doesn't really morph from the fresh, juicy and sweet fruit stage. Lovely.

Rating (0-5)

Imp: Happy Floral & fruit. Melon?

Wet on Me: Melon and green. Lovely.

Drying Down: Floral fruit salad but does not

smell foodie.

Dry: Delicate dancing fruity floral sweetness.

Very much as I imagined Titania herself would smell. LOVE!

This is a great young teen scent. Bottle worthy!

I absolutely love this; I am having the best luck with the Illyria collection! The pear in this is divine and light, and it works perfectly with the lighter florals.

In bottle/imp: Fruit! Grapes and pear with the sweetness of sweet pea blending in.

Immediately on skin: This blend is mostly fruit with a touch of sweet floral notes. The fruit is mostly fresh pear and white grape with the syrupy peach blending in. The flowers that blend in are the sweet pea and just a hint of the cool twisted note (moonflower is a note I can feel in my nose more than smell) of moonflower. This is very sweet.

After a few minutes: Sweet… this is very very fruity and flowery and sweet. The fruit is the strongest though: the grape is syrupy and the pear adds a touch of freshness. The peach is all but gone now, but the sweet pea has risen to the occasion and taken over for all of the floral notes.

Overall Impressions: This scent is very uplifting and bright, but also on the sweet side. I was hoping the notes would behave themselves and the rose, moonflower and snapdragon might have a chance of taming the other notes but nope, didn’t happen. I tend to amp grape I’ve learned, so this might be different on someone else’s chemistry. It was such a nice idea… I so wish it had worked.

Titania

Short description: Fruity, flowery -- true, but really doesn't do justice to this one.

It's a twilight banquet, outdoors, perhaps a garden, perhaps a pavilion. You can't quite tell -- the fairy glamour baffles your eyes. As you relax in your seat (fashioned from some stony material you can't quite identify, but quite comfortable), barely-seen figures pass behind you carrying trays for the feast. You smell each one as it passes -- the grapes tossed with sweet pea, moments later the peaches surrounded by roses. An elven maiden drifts by wearing moonflowers in her hair. One platter after another, each mingling unearthly fruits with evening flowers.

Later, at the end of the feast, you can't quite remember what you ate -- perhaps it was only a dream and you never touched anything. Certainly there is nothing left as evidence; no fruit stains under the arbor, not even the lingering sweetness of the flowers remains to show you experienced a fairy banquet. But the beginning...oh, the beginning...

Edited by tacey

a cool, light, fruity floral. if this perfume had a color, it would definitely be a pale pastel. i can smell the light pear and white grape notes, along with the sweet pea and moonflower. i have to admit those are not two of my favorite floral notes. i can never get really excited about them; they always seem so reserved. this makes me think of a warm spring evening, an outdoor gathering on someone’s patio, everyone is nicely dressed, drinking white wine, having a nice time but making sure to stay on their best behavior. because the gathering is being thrown by friends of your parents, or something like that.

For me this blend is a soft and opaque white, like the peach, grape and pea that compose this fresh and delightful blend. There`s nothing too strong of floral that normally bore me, it`s not a bouquet, mostly a fruity and totally wearable little one.

This smells exactly like something one of my nieces wears. I'm not sure what they wear, but it reminds me of a little girl's first perfume. Very young, light, girly, and sweet. Alas, it's a little bit too young even for me, and I typically love light and fruity scents.

Straight off all I could smell was peach, but actually it smells a lot like melon too. After it has time to settle I can definitely smell the musk and the florals come out a little bit. It's very light and pretty, and it has a kind of gauzy, misty quality to it. However, it does smell a little like air freshener on me after a while so it's not one of my favourites.

Enchanting, beautiful, feminine.

Cool, juicy white fruits and softly sweet wafting flowers. This is a sweet, gentle blend, but not so sweet that it annoys me. In fact, it smells like what I imagine fresh spring and early summer breezes in Faerie might smell like on occasion.

The fruits keep the flowers in balance. Somehow one of the fruits smells like melon, and I loathe melons and everything to do with them... but in the case of this perfume, I don't seem to mind or care! I'd buy this in a bottle if I didn't already have tonnes of imps to get through. Definitely a keeper, and I always want it around.

When I first sniffed this in the imp I thought it smelled sweet, vaguely apple-like.

When I swiped it on my wrist it reminded me a lot of the apples in Poisoned Apple.

Then, after a good half hour (and after I read the description) I totally got the pear, especially the iced part. It completely reminds me of the Pear Glacé Victoria's Secret lotion my mom used to keep in the bathroom. Not really the scent I'm going for, but fruit lovers will probably like this one. It's fruity, yet grown up. Definitely not a kool-aid fruit scent.

A pear-tarty freshness, wonderfully blended where you can’t really quickly smell the different notes, but it’s still lovely. A little perfumery when wet, perhaps that’s only because of all the flowers? It’s sweet, though. It’s very pretty, but I’m not really for flower-perfumes. I like the fruitiness that lingers there. Yum. Pretty. Smells wonderful as it dries. Oh! Pears, melons, pretty flowers.. ALMOST a little soapy, but not quite. May wear it when I feel like a flowery, girly kind of wench who don’t want to draw on much attention.

I thought I hated flower-scents. But.. this is the first BPAL-flower scent I’ve tried and I don’t even dislike it a little bit. Actually.. I like it quite a bit, especially when it's dried.

Have to try it a second time to know for sure.

I bought this as a Christmas gift for a friend who likes florals, but I had to sneak in and try it on myself. In the bottle, this is fresh and green and melon! Oh my dear god, I almost died. I was expecting something much more perfume-y, but this was just sheer and utter yumminess in a bottle. I put some on and could not stop sniffing my arm. It smelled like melon candy, with a slight hint of apple jolly-rancher. It smelled like the most divine fruity girl-drink ever. Dry it was pretty much the same, and somehow, against all preconceived notions about what I do and don't like, I adore this.

I avidly dislike most florals (except some rose), and would never, ever have tried this on my own. I took one look at the notes and decided that it was absolutely not for me, and it was only as a gift for a friend that I'd ever have considered trying it. I have actually already placed an order for a 5ml bottle of my very own, and will somehow have to live without it until it ships.

ETA: Actually, looking at the description again, I am struck by how funny it is that I love this so much. I don't like florals, yes, but I hate the taste and scent of peaches, and I definitely dislike pears. What in the world happened here?

Edited by Dianora

Hmmm, interesting in the imp-the florals are a little sharper than I expected. Less fruity. Iced white flower petals with a hint of peach and grape. Definitely very icy.

This is ok on, but I'm not blown away. Definitely gets fruitier on, which is a plus for me-I'm really digging the peach note especially. This is almost a blend I could really like, but one one of the floral notes is just a little off to me.

Yeah, this never got better as it dried. One of those floral notes really did kinda wonk it up for me, and also, this faded REALLY fast and just kind of left behind a dull sweetish powdery scent. I think this could be gorgeous on the right person, but my skin chemistry did nothing for this blend.

Clean, fresh fruits, laid out for a picnic in a dew-kissed, flower-strewn meadow.

Gorgeous! Innocent but not naive; there is a note that gives it a touch of depth. I can detect most of the notes, but they blend so well. I feel worry-free!

In the imp: juicy pear and white grapes

Wet: sparkly fruity florals (almost as sparkly as Bon Vivant)

Dry: grapes, sweet pea and peaches... eh... eh?? It's gone! It's all gone!

Within 30 min of wearing this fragrance, my skin 100% absorbed it. There's not even a hint that it was there before. That makes me very sad.

In the imp: Sweet, fruity, lush, summery. I'm getting a lot of peach, pear and sweet pea. It's very juicy and ripe-smelling, dewy and feminine.

On, wet: Everything it was in the imp, with added grape and… I'm thinking that's snapdragon. Maybe just a whisper of the rose. There's more fruit than floral, but it's light and nicely balanced—rather delicate and…well, yes, fey. It practically glows.

Later: Oh, so good! Mostly luscious sweet pea, with hints of the fruit. It's still very light and sweet and delicate, and it's exceptionally well blended because it's difficult to identify individual components. This is just a gracious, graceful blend of fruits and flowers at their most perfect.

Overall: I'd go so far as to call this one enchanting; it has a golden, luminous quality to it that's very appealing. I really, really like it, and I wasn't sure that I would—fruity floral doesn't always appeal to me, but this is SO well done that I'd like more of this. Like, all over me. It's absolutely perfect for Spring and Summer.

Oh. My. Goodness. Fresh and clean are the immediate words that come to mind, fruit-tastic is a very close third. It makes me think of laughing and frolicking through meadows with the golden sunlight glinting off your hair. Very appropriate given its name and well, I love it. Will definitely have to get a bottle of this. I'm getting peach and pear now and well, 'pale' and 'white' seem to be things that agree with my skin.

Imp: "Pretty" distilled and bottled. Peach, grape, pear and flowers!

Wet: Love it. Fruity and soft flowers. No powder or soap.

Drydown: Oh this is gorgeous. It's full and rounded out. Fruit and floral melding perfectly. I would wear this all the damned time.

Overall: Oh God I have to have a bottle NOW. This is so right up my alley, especially with spring coming up. I love my fruity smells, and my floral smells and they are magic together. This is an amazing oil.

Somehow, I expected this to be more floral than fruity -- not sure why...perhaps it's just that Titania brings night blooming flowers to my mind. It is a very light and ethereal kind of blend, but playful because of the fruit. Lightly sweetened, fresh fruit, grounded in gentle florals. Very nice.

Wet - Lovely sugary fruity sweets. Reminds me of the pear, peach and grape fruit juice that I drink.

Dry - A very sweet slightly mossy slightly musky slightly grassy pale green smell. Might be a bit too sweet for a lot of people though but I think it's alright.

Unfortunately though, I wore it one day to college and a couple of people said something "smelt funny" and I think they might have been smelling Titania so I don't think I'll wear it again.

3.5/5 I prefer the wet stage to the dry stage.

In the imp: Grape bubble gum! in a good way...

Wet on my skin: still grape bubble gum... Though it's starting to get more true to actual sweet fruit.

Drying/dry: yep... pure sweet fruit from start to finish. I smell no flowers (probably a good thing since roses hate me). I want to drink it... :yum: It smells like a fresh, cool summery drink. I think I need a bottle for the upcoming summer months.

In the imp: Feminine, light, sweet fruity floral. Very white smelling.

Wet: Sweet. Not too strong. Can't really tell the notes apart, they are blended so well. Pretty.

Dry: Ok, this is strange, but did anyone else get violets! This blend creates the light, less heavy scent of violets. I love violets, so this is a plus for me.

Overall: Will definitely use my imp! Reminds me of Marie. Powdery violets. Very pretty. My only problem with this one is that it fades pretty quickly on me.

Implet: smelled like fruity bubblegum...juicy fruit.

At first the imp juicy fruit smell carried over, and then it phased into a sugary sweet white fruit wine smell with a scattering of flowers.

I don't like flowery smells normally..but I like this one., It's not a strong floral, or overly fruit. The two balance one another.