Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shelldoo

Black Moon

The absence of light: motia attar, black orchid, mugwort, English pear, cucumber, blue lotus, jonquil, massoia, calamus and crystal musk.

Yes! I'm so glad someone else made the Sand & Sable comparison, because I got this a while back as a frimp but didn't try it 'til now, and that's exactly what it smells like on me! I also liked Sand & Sable when I was young, and this is kind of like a more mature and a bit more complex version of it. Wearing it today and quite enjoying it. :yum:

Decant: Fruit and floral. Oh, how many scents turn to just fruit with a hint floral on me! Don’t do this, Black Moon! Please don’t!

Wet: Yup. Fruit. Pear, right there. One single note come to beat up the rest.

Dry: No way. Do I smell something other than fruit? Is that…could it be flowers? Orchid, and some orchid, I believe? The orchid note is always such a beautifully done note by the lab. I adore it. And in this blend, it meets up with the pear and signs a peace treaty and makes it all so believably delicious.

Why, why, why do I only have an imp of this? Oh well, it’ll take me forever to finish the imp, so maybe a bottle is unnecessary. But yum!

Just got this and my fiance thinks it is just heavenly.

Wet - there is a hint of pear and cucumber, as well as something wet and green (jasmine and something else)

Dry - smells like fresh cut flower stems and jasmine

In bottle - the cucumber and pear were stronger and the green/jasmine smells were much lighter.

I'm not in love with it, but it works with me.

Whoa! thanks stellans! This is the exact scent I've been searching around for a replica of. It was used as a candle perfume about 14 years ago.. called lotus flower or something? It was sweet and oppressively sad. Melancholy and longing in a candle... now in a bottle! Found! :) Whoo hoo! I mean *AHEM* whhaaa boo hoo!!!

Pear, cucumber and something green in the imp and wet on my skin, which had me saying "please let the florals show up" because I wasn't quite sure I liked it. Let it dry a bit and hello lotus and orchid (although I could swear I smell honeysuckle, too). Very light and pleasant, but almost light enough that I'm worried about staying power.

This has such a beautiful, haunting smell to it - I cannot pick out any note, the scent is very familiar and yet, I cannot put my finger on what it is. Mind, I have only tried it and it is a well aged bottle, but MY how WELL it is aged!

I am so happy I got this, the scent is sweet, kind of floral but a soft, dark floral, it doesn't scream FLOWER like some other blends do.. this is.. the warm sweet scent of night blooming flowers like matthiola, but not exactly either.

It's absolutely gorgeous. I cannot smell myself enough, amazed how dreamy this is.

This is a green, crystalline musk floral (aka sexy!) I felt a minty cooling sensation on my forearm when I applied the oil, which must be the mugwort. I can pick out black orchid, cucumber, green grass (?) and massoia. There is a general fruitiness to this blend but I can't tell if it's pear because it doesn't smell like pear to me.

I just put this on my full bottle wish list. It's one of my favorite Lunacies next to FRM and Panther Moon. :wub2:

Black Moon is such a delicious all encompassing scent. I really love it. I could bathe in it. I'm so happy that I was able to purchase a bottle on ebay. It was so worth it. :wub2:

I think I expected this to be a dark version of Blue Moon. Instead, it veers too far into floral-land for me.

Yummmmm! I get the massoia bark and the crystal musk upfront. There are juicy fruits and soft florals floating around, keeping the scent from being too etherial. So pretty!

As soon as I opened this my husband got a quizzical look on his face and started sniffing the imp heavily. He then exclaimed, "Trees and Trends, motherf*cker!"

I hate to say it, but he's right on the money. I me this has a woody, deep floral beginning that stays strong for a long time. After it's dried on the skin I do get a watery cucumber scent, pear, and more of the deep floral/wood combo. It smells exactly like my local homegoods store.

This smells mostly like jasmine on me. The other florals are kind of there, but mostly not, just adding a bit of quiet depth to it. The cucumber and pear are also kind of there, just adding a bit of kind of fruity sweetness to the background. I get no woods in this at all. The musk just kind of makes this feel extra sweet and clean.

Overall, I actually do like it, even if it just kind of smells like an extra-nice jasmine perfume.

I haven't broken this one out in ages...what is wrong with me!!!??? This is an amazing floral blend. I can't even pick out the individual notes. If you love florals this is your baby!