Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A deceptively sweet orchid vanille with a faint trace of stephanotis.

Wet: Sweet orchid. Very fresh and clean.

Dry: Softens a lot now. Vanilla takes a backseat. Long wear. It's pretty but it's...unremarkable in a way. Like it's appropriate for work or a family reunion, not for a date. Maybe a garden party. I understand the dryer sheet comparison.

In the vial: yeah, that's vanilla with a hint of orchid blossom.

On the skin: On me this is sour. With a butter note. And a floral backdrop. All are strong in a not-so-cool-to-my-nose way. Rats. Still an extremely interesting blend. (And now on the dry down it smells like My Little Pony plastic on me. There goes that.)

In the imp: A very soft and light floral scent.

Wet on skin: A bit of the vanilla is sweetening up the orchid.

Drydown: Sweet orchid comes into its own here. I'm not sure what stephanotis smells like, but this is a lovely floral. Very soft, not at all sharp, and even a tiny bit musky.

One hour later: The vanilla and floral have ceased fighting for supremacy, and have merged into a lovely mesh of both where it's difficult to tell where one leaves off and the other begins. It's a gorgeous blend. It has gone a bit "baby powdery" but only a little.

Throw: Medium: I can smell it about a foot away.

Verdict: Overall, a lovely, soft, sweet floral scent. Not sickly sweet by any means, just very lovely and feminine. Unfortunately, while I like these sorts of scents, I don't like to wear them, so this one's for the swap pile.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!! after finding soooo many scents (out of the meagre 16 imps I've got so far) smelling like floral pot pourri finally one I love and appreciate. please don't ever change.

the vanilla is just so sweet and enticing, it really goes with with the light bouncy floral.. it's just so.. pretty! and creamy at the same time.. *swoons* can't stop sniffing my elbow (haha ran out of test patches after trying 4 other imps)

in the imp: pretty floral. but will it go soapy?

on my skin: what a fresh and creamy floral. Wasn't there supposed to be vanilla in this blend?

drydown: oooh! There's that vanilla blooming on my skin. aaahhhhh! How beautiful. I love the blend of fresh, well rounded florals with creamy pretty vanilla.

:P

Regan is now on my bottle list.

Imp: Floral bouquet.

Wet: This is kind of nose-curling. Hmm...

Drydown: Wait, wait wait, this smells familiar. Cleaning supplies? No, not quite. It's not pine. A hint of...swimming pool memories?

Dry: I figured it out. It smells like the posh bathrooms at a country club my family used to belong to. It's that air-freshening, clean, crisp, non-offensive scent.

My rating: 2/5. It's pretty enough, but given that it doesn't stand out in my collection, and given the connotations I have with the scent, I'm going to have to pass.

I got this from my Witchy today, and had to try it.

I'd do a wet to dry countdown, but it honestly smells the same the whole way through...

Flowers with an undertone of rich vanilla. It smells familiar, but I can't place it. It's very pretty, and feminine. One of the few floral scents that doesn't smell icky to me.

Good for the days when I want to smell flowery. I like.

This is a very well aged bottle of Regan that I purchased from a forumite that is well over a year old that is still in a blue bottle. It smells gorgeous-a little floral, vanilla, soft, feminine too! The vanilla and orchid together are warm and sweet and I do think it makes a big difference that this is an aged bottle. There is a touch of musk in here too that blends so well with the vanilla! I had the opportunity to try this at WC and there is a difference between the new and aged! I didn't think that I was a floral type of girl, but the last several scents have been florals and I am really enjoying them!

I love this scent so much. On me it's rather foody; it smells a bit like a dainty little cake and marshmellows, but that's probably just what my nose is recognizing in the orchid vanille. This is just the kind of scent I like. The flowers smell honeyed and gorgeous, and the vanille is creamy goodness. It's very poised and feminine, and a definite favorite!

I think this scent may include honey, despite it not being listed as a note. Unfortunate, as honey just does not play nice with me. :P I washed Regan off about 10 minutes after applying it, as the 'off' smell that I usually associate with honey was making me feel nauseous. :D I'll add to my swaps list so that someone can love Regan properly.

Regan, when wet, smells like one of those old-lady shops filled with porcelain dolls, taxidermied kittens, and awful cross-stich tapestries depicting a Victorian little girl hugging the American flag. Dry, it turns to sticky sugar and rotting flowers; the vanilla has very little subtlety. I can see wearing this on the beach, if I'm walking in the breeze and drinking cream soda; otherwise, the sweetness is just too much. Strong throw, too, and it lasts foreeever.

laliloo mentioned honey, which is interesting because about half an hour after I applied this, it smelled a lot like O on me. On the drydown, however, the florals have come out and it smells really really sweet. I think I may age this to see how it changes because somehow my skin amps up the headachy sweet in this far too much. It's turning out kind of "perfume aimed at preteen girl" sweet on me, and I was so hoping I'd like it more. I will give it a chance, however. If it ages well, I'll edit this at some later date.

I did like the drydown stages it went through, but the end result doesn't work well at the moment.

Quick google on stephanotis: "Madegascar jasmine." Much like pikake [Hawaiian jasmine], I find stephanotis to be a gentler [and very slightly greener] jasmine; both are wonderfully wearable, especially compared to traditional conquer-all-other-notes jasmine.

Wet: sweet but translucent; a golden-pinkish scent, instead of white or green.

Dry: Hothouse orchids with a hint of floral vanilla, just enough stephanotis to give the impression of breezes through an exotic garden. This is definitely sweet, but in a wonderful, balmy, summer-flowers way; feminine, but just mature enough to be either womanly or girlish depending on who's wearing it. "Tropical" without any fruitiness, which is loooovely.

In the bottle: Dark, seductive floral.

First on: This is perfect. It's the floral that appears perfect and sweet but really has an evil core you have to watch out for. It's dark and almost alcoholic, with a light powdery top

Drydown: It's gotten sweeter instead o more floral, like milk & honey.

Overall: I'm not sure about this one. I'm keeping it only because Regan is one of my favorite Shakespeare characters and I might ind an occasion to wear it. :P

I have worn Regan probably half a dozen times now and every time I sit down to write about it, I find I don't have much to say. It's pretty--a soft, floral vanilla, great throw when you first apply it and a kind of sweet, powdery drydown. I like it. I don't love it and I don't hate it, though. It doesn't really inspire any passion in me. It's just... nice.

I will probably pass this (now depleted by so many attempts at a review) imp on as a frimp to someone. I just don't see myself being drawn to it when I have 75 other scents that are both beautiful and memorable.

In the imp:

A strong, light, floral.

Wet:

This has a very fresh floral scent. I don't smell any vanilla initially, and after a few minutes of drydown, I still don't really recognize a vanilla note, but the scent has warmed up considerably overall, which might be due to the vanilla.

Dry:

A soft, slightly soapy floral. Pretty, but not sure if I need to purchase a bottle.

Initiallyt is a sweet floral with a fittingly bitter, nasty undertone, but later it goes amazingly old-ladyish like only lilies can do on me. I don't know if it's the orchid, but this is just too strongly floral.

imp: sweet, faint florals like you might smell on the breeze while you take a walk.

wet: this has a honey-like sweetness that is almost too much for me. the florals have gone ultra-sweet and strong.

dry: i'm still unable to pick out any specific florals over the super-sweetness of this scent. it just stayed strong and flowery.

REGAN

OMG :P

This was a free imp from the lab that turned out to be beyoootiful! I love those times when you smell a few imps after recieveing lots and you put it back in the box. Then you grab it out at random one day and fall in love!!!!

I'm very lucky (in my opinion) that my body chemistry amps anything with vanilla!

This is indeed, very feminine. Very sweet and floral. But I'll wear anything if it makes you smell yum. (I'm a boy so...go figure).

When it's wet it's much more floral, but after about 10 minutes, my body chemistry makes the vanilla go WHOOSH! And it has a lovely amount of throw! It's an extremely soft, feathery and fluffy floral on me. Kind of like "Skuld".

Considering Regan betrayed her father, King Lear quite badly, this scent could have been a bit darker to match her personality...but I'm not complaining. It's sooo nice!

I want a bottle for sure and after recently also discovering Othello, I think I need to try more of these shakepseare oils!!!!

A floral scent for people who don't like florals!

I got Regan as a freebie from the lab, and I almost put it straight in the swap pile without trying it. I'm glad I decided to give it a chance.

It's delicate, feminine, and sweet without being cloying. Florals usually smell sickly to me and give me headaches. Not this.

The vanilla stays true for hours, without going powdery or plasticky. When it dries, I find that it smells like honeysuckle. Mmm.

Wet: Gentle florals. There's something else in there, mingling with the flowers. Vanilla?

Dry: Oohh! A PERFECT mix of florals and vanilla! I don't think I'd like this as much without the vanilla; florals and I don't get along too well. (I'll usually run away screaming from a floral scent.) I have no idea what flower(s) I'm smelling.. but this is the best floral blend I've tested so far! A creamy floral blend.. mmm.

On a scale of 1-5, I'd give this a 4.

I'll be ordering a big bottle of this. :P

A floral scent for people who don't like florals!

That is so true. After typing the sentence "I hate florals" twice in one day, I test this out in the evening. Lo and behold, a floral that I like. This was sent as a freebie, and I swear, the timing was so perfect. It's as if the Lab knew better and wanted to prove me wrong.

So I guess this is what orchid smells like? It is a sophisticated scent-- intelligent and graceful. Cultured. Regan does go just a bit powdery, but it's very slight and forgiveable.

I don't need a bottle of it, but I will certainly cherish the imp. It may be good for job interviews or any formal occasion that would require me to fool people into thinking that I'm a lady. :P

IN THE IMP: Soft, but really sweet florals. Almost cloying. And the smallest hint of vanilla.

WET: Ooh, the vanilla's starting to come out. So pretty! ... Wait. It's turning into rubber. What on earth? Oh, it's gone again. I'm confused.

DRY: Mmm, such a pretty floral vanilla blend! My dryer sheets are orchid vanilla, and my clothes just out from the dryer kind of smell like this. Interesting, though, it does feel like there's something darker underneath that soft, pink prettiness. Just like the character, I suppose.

in bottle: At first i smell the orchid, then i smell something almost astringent...I guess it's the stephanotis.

wet: ooooo, the orchids came out a bit more. the astringent scent is still there, but not quite as much.

dry: *sigh* the astringent smell is overpowering the orchid on dry down. This reminds me alot of a very herbal oil. Sadly not my thing.

5 out of 10

Ultra sweet creamy orchid.

On me this is really strong and lasts all day, but it is still sort of gentle. Really pretty in a very simple way.