Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Regan- (A deceptively sweet orchid vanille with a faint trace of stephanotis.) There's a soft candy tartness at first and then it becomes a suculent white flower whose petals a plump with vanilla honey creme. The floral doesn't last too long for me. Maybe the initial tartness is the stephanotis. This becomes more and more of a voluptuous vanilla that seems touched with BPAL's honey note. Sweet, rich and somewhat powdery. Beautiful and unique.

Rating (on skin): 5/5

Summarised in a word or two: Vanilla flowers.

In the imp/bottle: White flowers. Too floral for my liking.

On skin, wet: It's still floral, but as soon as it hits my skin, it becomes more creamy, warm, with an undertone of vanilla. After a few minutes (while it's still wet), I start to get a hint of the orchid -- in the vial and right after applying it, I noticed *something* floral, but it wasn't orchid. Strange!

On skin, dry: Floral vanilla. I'm not huge on florals, but I love Regan. It's one of the few scents that really lasts on my skin, even several hours and several hand-washes later. It's beautiful.

Conclusion: I love this, but I've noticed that it tends to give me a headache. I'll keep an imp around, testing every so often. Maybe one day, I'll be able to wear this daily.

Edited by Aredhel

First sniff from the bottle- This smells familiar. For some reason it made me think of my first job as a cashier at a health food store. It smells just like one of the perfumes that was sold there that I used to spritz myself with. I know there is no ylang-ylang in this but it smells just like it.

After 10 minutes- It must be a combo of the orchid and stephanotis that is making this smell like ylang-ylang. It smells like a ylang-ylang and vanilla blend to me. Very tropical and sweet!

After 30 minutes-As far as florals go, which I normally hate, I think I like this one the most. It *is* sweet and flowery, but not over powering.

Summery- Not for me but very pretty. Note to self- get this one for Mom, she will love it.

Regan:

In the Vial: Sweet almost soapy Vanilla

Wet: The Soapiness disapears and it starts out very strong Vanilla mixed with something to make it a bit floral or maybe it's deeper... Not sure which I think...

Dry: Sweet Vanilla, mixed with something else. Not quite sure what it is other than really good....

Conclusion: I'll at least use up the imp and get another one, but there are other things I want in bottles first before this one... But I definately think it's nice and if you like Vanilla worth a try. :P

Initial Sniff: A sweet cloud of flowers and vanilla.

Wearing: This one stays fairly true to te scent in the vial. It is a very pretty scent, sweet and innocent. The color association on this one is an explosion of shades of purple.

Final Impressions: I've never been able to wear vanilla without it going to baby powder on me. This is the exception. I'm not sure it is me, but I smell good!

Regan:

Sidenote: I had to try Regan. Regan is the name of an old girlfriend of mine. :P

Wet: Heady orchid, with a hint of that 'creamy' sense I get from the likes of Dorian and Chaste Moon. I think Regan might be Dorian's little sister.

Drydown: Still very floral, and yet it smells like.. skin, to me. I'm not getting a lot of vanilla out of this one.

Longterm wear: I plan to try Regan again when I'm not partially stuffy.. my BPAL box seems to make my nose a bit congested these days. But all in all, it was nice, for what I could smell.

Edited by anmorata

Regan

Swiped across wrists and along collarbone.

Initial Wet (8-8:30am): This is light, sweet and subtle. I can detect the vanilla, and it’s almost powdery. I certainly hope this doesn’t turn too powdery – or the vanilla too overwhelming.

Initial Dry (8:30-10am): The vanilla is still the top note, but there is a floral growing under it. It is much less powdery – thankfully – and is shaping up to be a nice, calming scent. Still much more faint than a lot of other scents I’ve tried at BPAL.

Throughout the Day (10am-on): The floral is beginning to peak through every now and again. It makes for an interesting blend as the creamy vanilla is interrupted by a short burst of floral, then back to creamy vanilla.

Still not certain about this one, it is lovely but I don’t know if it’s quite me. I think I may have finally found a primarily vanilla scent that isn’t so overwhelmingly headache-inducing. I shall certainly have to see what the hubby thinks. :P

this is almost all vanilla on me, there is a hint of something sweeter then vanilla, but i can't place what it is. i LOVE this one.

i don't normally like floral scents on me, but Lady Ell likes this one so i thought that i would try it.

i try to smell the imps without looking at what is in them, so as not to bias myself before wearing the scent.

in the imp: this was floral. no idea WHAT. it reminded me of my wedding bouquet, which was flowers but not floral, if that makes any sense.

on my wrist, wet: flowers are still there, but there is a lot more. honey. vanilla.

on my wrist, dry: honey more prevalent. again, sweet, but not overwhelming.

drydown: subtle, creamy. i could see this wafting up on a warm but not hot summer breeze. reminds me of being in the hills outside of rio when i was younger.

Does anyone know what an actual vanilla orchid smells like--the actual flower--not just the bean...just curious if it smells vanilla-y or what...

Anyway, this shit is awesome.

--another helpful review by babykitty

FIRST SNIFF: lush's celestial cream

WEARING IT: a very light, pretty & addictive scent. there's a freshness to the floral note that is quite nice. i love that it isn't overpowering or too floral as florals tend to go soapy on me. it would be nice layered with a vanilla body butter.

VERDICT: very nice, the imp will be much loved :P

Had high hopes for Regan to be a good scent on me.

Wet: scary plastic scent. Floral dominates.

Very much, almost too much so, reminiscent of Tamora as it dries. Some artificial smell continues to linger. Probably opt for Tamora over Regan since they smell almost identical on me.

Jury is still out. May have to try again.

The search is still on for a deep, lush, non-baked goods smelling vanilla.

Regan is very sweet, like sugared vanilla. The orchid is there, but very faint. Not sure if this is a me scent or not.

I got this as a freebie imp in my last order and was so pleasantly surprised! Regan is sweet and creamy on me, like a vanilla shake with this light, barely there backround note of orchids....Ahhh, I just want to sniff and sniff... This is a lovely one for first dates, walks in the park, and comfortable spring evenings. I just might need a 5 ml. :P

I get lots of honey out of this, which seems odd to me, but its that same sweet undertone I get in O that really comes out in this scent. Strongly sweet for most of it's appearance on my skin, the orchid slips in and makes this really soft and gorgeous toward the end. It's feminine and lovely and I adore it for that last hour or two but beforehand it's so much like O that I really can't justify buying another bottle. Ah well.

In the vial i'm getting sweetness and a bit of honeysuckle. mmm sweetness

On my skin, the sweetness got turned way up. hmmm

I don't know what happened and which not caused it, but it decided to go weird. My skin has turned it into some kind of almost gasoline smell. I can't figure it out. I might have to try this one again some other time.

Creamy vanilla honey (although that may be orchid and I just don't know the note). The creaminess reminds me of Chaste Moon. As it dries, it goes powdery at points (not baby powder, but light and distant) on me, and ever-so-slightly more floral (unfortunate, since I'm not the floral type). I do like it, very much, though. Softens to a sweet, sweet, light springy vanilla, which alternates with the floral scent.

In the bottle

vanilla and a light floral

On

yummy soft vanilla with a wonderful soft creamy floral in the background

30 minutes

The vanilla settles in nicely and doesn't morph off into oblivion or worse as vanilla usually does on me. I don't like snake oil for that reason. But this stays true to what it smells like in the bottle and it actually works with my crazy chemistry. It's absolutely gorgeous.

Throw:

Nice bit of throw in this one. :P

Scent category:

foody/floral

Summary

It smells a bit tropical, light floral creamy breezes and tropical drinks.

It smells just as you'd think it would smell by the description.

Purchase again?

Yes! a 5ml

1-5 rating (5 being best)

4.5 ( could I try a scent that isn't a 4 or a 5 lately? I am very fortunate with this lucky streak of fabulous scents lately.)

Bloody hard to describe, regan, but very pleasant. It is a gentle scent, with a bit of vanilla and the sweetness of a sweet floral, could be honeysuckle. Overall, it turns a little powdery on me, but in a good way.

Origin - imp received in a swap

Wet - orchid! The same note I love so much in Black Dahlia, Queen Mab and Psyche.

Dry - it really doesn't change much as it dries. I see that stephanotis is similar to night-blooming jasmine, and I do get a very slight floral scent that is not orchid, it must be the stephanotis. I was expecting this to be sweeter, but I really don't get much vanilla-y scent. It's sweet, rich, full-bodied orchid, and absolutely lovely. It does get a bit powdery after a few hours however.

I already have a few orchid scents, and since the vanilla doesn't come out for me, this really doesn't distinguish itself from them in any way. While I will keep the imp, I I will probably reach for Queen Mab or Black Dahlia before this.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 3.

regan.jpg

A beautiful fragrance named after a dreadful woman (and dreadful president, might I add...never mind the spelling*). I was instantly smitten when I first put it on my skin. This was the Santo Domingo/Follow Me Boy/La Petite Mort scent I had dreamed of. No animal in here at all...none! I had found the Holy Grail. Flowers in the service of vanilla, nothing to interfere with my ickle twee dream. Mmmmm. I loved it. There is an odd pine/evergreen bark whiff ghosting when you apply your nose to it, but that serves to make Regan all the more entrancing.

This one is spring and summer, in the exhale and in the inhale. It would blend perfectly with other things. It lasts very well. There should be lines around the block to get a bottle of Regan.

The only danger to Regan is if it gets too sweet and turns "lilac perfume bristle-faced old aunt" on you. That would lead to the parting of the nose-hairs. But so far, Regan is settling into "I wov oo" on me and I love that.

*If you wish to take me to task after that statement, PM me. Let's keep politics personal, ok?

Bottle (Imp): Really sweet and a little flowery.

Just On: Sweet flowers.

An hour or two later: Sweet flowers with the tiniest tinge of soap.

Around 6 hours: Still sweet flowers with that tinge of soap.

12 hours: About the same as before, but fainter.

Overall: Beautiful. I really like this one.

After reading other reviews: Okay, so I see where the sweet comes from.

I really need to get a big bottle of this one. I swear this blend keeps me sane, grounding me when I'm super stressed out or irritated. It goes on me somewhat plasticy, but that changes to a sweet vanilla slightly foody scent on me, then the flowers just bust all out! Gorgeous.

Regan arrived with my bottle of Honey Moon, which I am swapping as it was completely lacking in honey on me. But I *did* get honey in this order...from Regan. On first swipe it smelled exactly like O ( :P ). But then it went all powdery and weird; the orchid itself is nice, but something--presumably the stephanotis--does not like me much. It's not truly awful, but it can't compete with O, my perfect honey scent.

At first Regan smells exactly like O on me (which is not a good thing seeing as I HATE O). Then it goes to this smoke, powdery honey thing that I abhor even more. I'm not even going to use my entire imp of this one :P