Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Szepasszony

The Fair Lady, Winter Witch, White Maiden of the Storm. Szepasszony is a Hungarian demoness that appears as a stunningly beautiful woman with long, silver-white hair and a blinding white dress. She revels in storms, particularly when hail rains down on her. Water dripping down eaves into a puddle is an invitation for her to cause mischief: she uses the puddle as a magickal tool for casting her wicked spells. It is considered foolhardy to step into a circle of short grass ringed by taller grasses, as those mark the circles where the Fair Lady dances. A chilly, tempestuous whirlwind of clear, airy notes, slashing rain, and a thin undercurrent of white flowers.

In the bottle:
Crisp, with an every-so-slighty-sweet bit

On me:
I was expecting this to be a "white" scent. Perhaps lily, or other white flowers. Which is why I never ordered this. I was lucky enough to have the lab include this as a freebie in my order. Surprisingly, this is a very BLUE scent. In fact, it is almost exactly like Bath and Body Works' Crystal Blue Waters - and I mean that as a compliment. If you like that scent, you will love Szepasszony. This is crisp, fresh, airy, and watery. Definitely an aquatic to my nose, not a floral. Beautiful and refreshing!

Final notes:
I'm not usually really big on aquatics, but I love this. It's just so refreshing.

In the Bottle: A light white cold floral with maybe a VERY faint hint of citrus. And yes this is very aquatic, in the way clean laundry scents are. The clean part smells to me a lot like the one in Dirty.

Dry: Little change. The fabric softener clean laundry smell has diminished a bit. nice, but not nice enough when compared to scents like Morgause.

White flowers don't work on me. Aquatics and ozone aren't my favorites, but sometimes they surprise me. I was worried about trying Szepasszony because of all of the notes that would probably go bad on me.

It wasn't that bad at first. It smelled sort of like a green meadow with some sweet florals and salty aquatics in the background. I like the smell of salt for some reason. It's light and pleasant for almost a full half hour before going soapy and bitter on me.

After about an hour, this reminds me of laundry detergent and cheap hairspray :P. White florals always do this to me.

This is such a beautiful scent! Aquatic and mellowly sweet in the imp, it only has a minute or two of sharpness on my skin before it waters down to a light wildflower scent. Though now that I sniff again... there is an impression of dryer sheets :P. Oh, but I would love my laundry to smell like this! We're just starting the cold rainy season here, and this scent just blends right in with the smell of rain coming through the windows. Now I can smell like Oregon winter all year round!

I absolutely love Szepasszony, it is very similar in feel to my fave from the early 90's: New West by Aramis. Of course the lack of alcohol chemical yuck, and use of natural ingredients makes 'Szeppie' (as I call her) far superior, but I really enjoy the similarity.

I wore New West daily, back when my husband of 10 years was my brand new sexy boyfriend. :P My gruff manly-man actually got teary eyed when he smelled Szepasszony on my wrist, and suggested that I order a big bottle(!). That's a first for him.

I'll never be without Szepasszony, it brings back some of the most exciting and happy times of my life. I'm worried that it will be discontinued as I rarely see anyone taking about it, I'd better get out there and tell people how great it is!

Beautiful! I got in a mild car accident trying to put Szepasszony on while driving. BPAL drives me to do crazy things. :P To me it smells clean, "silvery white" and more aquatic than floral, though it's a pretty close call as to which aspect dominates. My SO of several years has put up with me wearing dozens of perfumes, but this is one he consistently remarks on, since it makes me "smell nice" and "smell pretty." It's a great scent for everyday--it just smells clean and gentle, unlike some aquatics which can smell sharp.

This is just gorgeous. It's a floral, but lightly aquatic as well. It's very powder blue, if it could make a colour. I can't pick everything out, since it's well blended and just wonderful. The only thing sad to me is that it just isn't me, or, it is *me*, but not the SO who is prone to migraines and this would send him right over. There isn't anything sharp or unpleasant about it, it's crystal clear.

If you love florals or aquatics or both, you will love this scent. It's truly beautiful.

Wet: A thin, high scent. Very light.

Drydown: Hints of lemony citrus and florals, but by and large, it's just an airy blend that's hard to pick apart into notes.

Dry: You know those room and candle scents like 'clean cotton' and 'fresh linen' that end up mostly just smelling like chemical fabric softeners?

Szepasszony is like that, but better. This is like the scent that those smells are trying to be. I'd love to have fabric softener that smelled like this; it's so fresh and clean, and not chemical at all. It would make a delectable linen spray.

The downside is that it's not tremendously strong, but I'm happily gluing my hand to my nose to smell more of this.

I am excited about trying this one! I'm not generally all that fond of aquatics or ozones, but I do so love clean, pale florals...and c'mon, I have to have the "Winter Witch" in time for winter!

Oo, this is so pretty! Hard to describe--it feels silvery like The Unicorn, but I don't think it's linden. Some other pale, delicate flower. There is indeed a faint edge of citrus and whatever the "clean" notes are. A lovely light scent--I'll probably use it on frosty days when I'm not wearing Snow White. :P

This is so absolutely gorgeous. It's white florals and aquatics and a little bit of citrus and the smell of the air after it rains. It is a light scent, but it has a decent amount of throw and is so crisp and fresh. Love it - definitely have to get a big bottle. If you like the way the world smells after it rains, you'll like this scent.

In the bottle: Sharp and fruity, with a touch of florals. I have a feeling we aren't going to get along, though it's pretty.

On my skin: Extremely strong; the florals and the fruits are at war, and I'm trapped in the middle. As they settle down a bit, the wet note comes out. It does remind me of rain, though rain with a whole lot of flowers involved. Pretty, but not really my sort of scent. It's fading quickly, though, and ozone is coming out a bit more.

Later: Faded really fast on me. Ah well.

This reminds me a lot of lemon-lime soda at first. Not that it's particularly citrusy... there's just an effervescence about it that's very appealing. I don't get an "aquatic" feel from this; as someone else mentioned, it reminds me more of the damp, clean air after a rainstorm than the actual water itself. I also smell something green and something floral in there.

Unfortunately, throw and lasting power are not good. The first time I tested this, it was mostly gone within the hour. I tested it again today, making sure to apply it with a heavier hand, and I can still kind of smell it four hours later, but it's very light. Oh well... it's a good scent for those days where I'm not really in a perfume mood, but I still want to wear something.

*edit* I've been wearing this one a lot lately because I've been under a lot of stress (end of school semester plus starting a new job plus holiday stuff) and it helps calm me down. My mom used to give us kids lemon-lime soda or ginger ale when we had a queasy stomach, so I guess that makes sense. I've noticed the throw and lasting power are better lately too, but I think I'm slathering it more than I used to.

Edited by bristlecone

This is definately a COLD scent. When I put it on, I expect it to get cool like icy hot. I get the white flowers, but they're frozen white flowers. This toes the line before being perfumy, but it doesn't cross it.

The closest scent to fresh rain I can get. It's got the clean washed ozone with a hint of dewy white flowers.

I like this scent better wet than dry. On me almost everything goes to powder. So this is a good scent for sachets and oil burning.

Szepasszony is my favorite scent out of all that I've tried so far.

This dries down very thin and like someone above said, it has a bit of effervescence about it. It doesn't seem to throw very far.

I can't pick any notes out, it gets slightly warmer the longer you wear it, but it's mostly a cool blue/white scent. It's pretty with no floral stuff. Reminds me of something you'd want to smell if you were in a shop full of crystal. It's a clear scent.

The scent fits the description!

Hee! I, too, get whiffs of the Shasta lemon-lime soda of my childhood, but in a classy sense, as though it's chilled in a cut-crystal bowl, with slices of fresh citrus floating on top. A lovely, lovely scent -- not too fruity or too floral, but utterly feminine. It doesn't stay around terribly long ( :P ), but I quite like it.

Very chilly scent, cold, cold. Reminds me of the woman in the "join Me" video by H.I.M.

In The Bottle: Alka-Seltzer?

Wet on Skin: Mmm definite airy aquatic scent. Like bitter driving snow backed by slashing rain. The kind of New England weather where you get snow, rain and lightning at the same time. The flowery scent is not there. Gives me chills.

Drydown: A ha there are the flowers. This is a pretty scent. Kind of sexy in a ball busting ice queen sort of way. It scares me a little.

Really liked this - lovely fresh smelling, lemony scent with a hint of cool water behind it. However, it just disappeared on me and there was a stage at which it just smelt like washing up. Not washing up liquid, just the general washing up idea. Very strange how your mind works!

Broke my heart, Szepasszony did.

Several forumites recommended it to me, I read glowing reviews of it everywhere, and I fell in love with the sound and the concept of it. I finally got to swap for it, and anticipated its arrival eagerly...

and it turned to Softsoap on me. That exact same smell.

This was weeks ago, and I'm still too distraught to write a "proper" review. :P It's been swapped to a loving home, though, so hopefully it can be appreciated the way it deserves.

I'm starting to wonder about aquatics on me. I've always had good luck with them, and then two scents in a row containing them went berserk on me. Coincidence?

This is a very nice clean light floral - it's one of those "skin scents" at least to me, meaning that it's subtle and almost seems to emanate from oneself as opposed to being a layer of 'perfume.' I really like it, however, I've had itchy eyes for the last hour that I've had it on, but I don't know if it's directly related to Szepasszony or not. I'm glad to have tried it and would recommend it to others.

This is just beautiful. Clear, crisp and clean, with a light tough of flowers. It reminds me a bit of sea of glass, but without the hard electric sort of tinge sea of glass has...

This is the smell of February turning into March. I think I may need more of this.

Call me crazy, but I smell watermelon in Szepasszony! Not fake candy watermelon, but the actual melon, cold from the fridge. Specifically the rind of the melon.

Szepasszony, ooo! This is beautiful. Aquatic (reminds me of rain, waterfalls, oases) and floral (pretty... and perhaps a bit like body wash, but different from rose soapy). Clean, crisp... not a "tempestuous whirlwind" though, but perhaps a slight breeze or wind that's blowing while it's raining. Cooling and refreshing. This would be the perfect scent for a scorching summer afternoon or anytime in spring.

In the Bottle: CK One with an additional floral to make it more feminine and coquettish. I love love love this. I thought I passed this up for some reason. Hrm.

Wet: Oh lord……it’s CK One’s Big Sister to the rescue! Oh this is gorgeous.

Drydown: Oooh very nice. I’ll keep this one for now but I think after a few wears it won’t be so nice.

In the Bottle: CK One with an additional floral to make it more feminine and coquettish. I love love love this. I thought I passed this up for some reason. Hrm.

Wet: Oh lord……it’s CK One’s Big Sister to the rescue! Oh this is gorgeous.

Drydown: Oooh very nice. I’ll keep this one for now but I think after a few wears it won’t be so nice.

whiff from imp: fruity goodness :P

upon application this warms up immediately and turns very aquatic....very ocean-like....i have to agree with the comparison to CK1.....it is very similar but

there is an additional edge....quite pretty and long lasting....i think i will try this

baby out when the warmer weather hits....seems it would be a perfect "stroll on

the beaches of ptown as sunset" scent :D