Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Wanda

Along with Loviatar, she has become something of a Patron Goddess of all Dominatrixes, Wanda is the breathtakingly beautiful sable-wrapped marble queen of Sacher-Masoch's fantasies. Her scent is a deep red merlot with a faint hint of leather, sexual musk and body heat over crushed roses, violets and myrtle.

Wet - This smells exactly like.. easter egg dye! Vinegar and grape smell.

Drying - Mmm... rich merlot or blackberry wine. Very decadent and lovely.

Dry - more of the rose is coming out, not a powdery, poufy pink rose.. a rich, thorny red rose. Like a black baccara rose splashed with wine. Actually no... have you ever bitten a red rose petal? You can taste the fragrance, and there's a lightly green taste that's a little reminiscent of wine. That's what this smells like to me; the way a rose tastes. Very lovely.. I will be getting a big bottle of this asap.

Wanda was on my wishlist, and I got the imp I ordered, and the imp I swapped for on the same day.

In the imp, I smell fruity sweet wine, like super sweet sangria. There's no strawberry, but the wine note reminds me of Bon Vivant.

On my skin the scent gets more complicated. I still get the fruitiness, but there's a dryness there that I think is the leather coming out. Immediately under that, I can smell the sweet flowers, and then the musk. I'm describing the scent in layers, but All of these notes come at me at once, and I have to concentrate to tease them apart in my mind so that I can describe them. It's a very lush fragrance, and multi-textured. The wine notes are juicy and fruity, the leather is dry, and the flowers add a bit of candy sweetness.

As it dries the leather becomes slightly more prominent, but grounds rather than overpowers the other notes.

This scent is very beautiful and sophisticated. It's sexy, but in a severe way. It's a bit overpowering for my personality though. I'm going to keep one of my imps, and swap the other one away

I would've never ordered something like this for myself.. but there it was, in the imp pile, just begging for attention...

This is definitely a grownup scent. :P Wet on the skin the merlot is what hits you first, but it's not overly sweet. As it starts to dry, you can just barely make out a very dry, light leather note that sort of dances with the rich - but faint - scent of rose. . Much much later (after several games of pool and darts in a very smoky dive) it all seems to come together.. the wine, the florals, and the leather. I do wish that it had more throw and staying power at this stage as this is where it smells exactly as I picture it from the lab's description. That's ok, I'll just put more on.

This will have to be a 10ml on my next order.

In bottle: merlot, roses (strong and sharp)

Wet: strong merlot scent...I hope it tones down because it masks all of the other notes

Dry: the merlot and leather dry in a nice combo--earthy but with a little tang from the wine. Maybe the myrtle comes out more? The merlot stays, but fades more into the background. I like it a bunch.

Bottle: Red, RED wine and an undercurrent of something flowery.

Skin: Sadly, this goes to instant powder on me, and stays that way for the next two hours. I have absolutely no idea how this happened, but it did. Rose Rose rose. I guess I've realized that rose REALLY likes my body, and my nose REALLY hates rose.

Disappointing, because I was hoping for something a bit more sultry.

wanda smells like roses and wine with a faint hint of leather in the back. i dont get much fruitiness. thankfully, wine scents seem to do well on me (such a lush :D ) and wanda is no exception. this is sexxxy. i immediately think of a dark haired woman with a deep red rose in her hair that matches her dress, dancing the tango or something.

i must get a 10 ml of wanda! :P

wanda was a freebie imp, a couple of orders ago. lucky for me - who knows if i ever would have tried it, and it's turned out to be one of my very, very favorite bpal oils. it's sweet yet sultry. the wine is great, the leather is great...it is always so pleasing and satisfying. it also blends with my chemistry in this totally natural way... and yes i do sense a subtle violet, after a while. it makes me feel powerful; in control of my desires and needs. now if i could only get a date!

In the bottle: Grape candy. Sickly sweet and kind of awful, to be honest.

On me: The sweetness from the bottle disappears and at first it smells like wine with leather underneath, so sexy. As it dries the rose and musk come forward. Now, after a couple of hours, it's a soft, musky skin scent. A bit powdery but not enough to be a problem.

I like this a lot, and my guy likes a LOT. He calls it "that hot one," as in "do you like how this smells?" "it's nice, but not as good as that hot one." I definitely need a bottle of this.

Edited by DarcyPennell

:P

Wanda is a dominatrix Lady Macbeth on me. It starts out with a flash of that super-berry wine note from Lady Macbeth but quickly evolves into a leather-rose-wine triad that is gorgeous.

Ever seen a production of Macbeth in which that scene where Lady Macbeth manipulates her husband is staged with her using her ample female assets to muddle his simple little mind? That's Wanda.

This was a freebie from the Lab, and it is interesting to note that in the Lab’s description, “Wanda governs control”! I have been using the TAL blend “Fiery Command” for the last week, as a command to myself to be in control of my anxiety and not let the disorder I was diagnosed with, over 30 years ago, control me. It has been working splendidly and enhancing my abilities to control my thoughts, feeling and most of all, my reactions, which are just about the only things we can control, anyway.

So, in trying Wanda out, I first got the overwhelming smell of red wine from sniffing the imp! Uh oh...I tend to lose all semblance of control when drinking wine!!

Then, I tried it on and out came the violet, myrtle and roses, especially the violet! I love the smell of Violet and thought that even if it stayed this way, it would be a keeper…a subtler scent than my fave Violet BPAL, Nocturne.

Drying down, I smell the faintest hint of leather and the wine starts coming out, again. I hadn’t liked the very leathery De Sade and so was hoping that this would not get overwhelmed by the leather, and it hasn’t. This is a beautiful blend! Just gorgeous!

That, combined with the tale it was borne of, resonates with me strongly. I think I will use this imp to remind me to be in control, as I have done with Fiery Command, but this time, Wanda will put me in control of those thoughts, feelings and reactions in the bedroom! :P

Wanda

In Bottle: The wine of Kali comes out strongly in the bottle, except laced with intense sweetness.

Wet, On Skin: Very sweet! The wine is the undertone here, with the slightly dusty sweetness dominating.

1.5 Hours on Skin: The sweetness is softer now, much more tempered by the wine scent. Strangely, it smells like the fresh pages of new yearbook, cracked open at the end of my senior year of high school.

Drydown: Very quiet scent now, and very lovely. The sweetness, I think, is what distinguishes this scent from Kali for me.

Conclusion: I like it, especially as a lighter, more single-noted alternative to Kali.

Edited by sun_set_bravely

In the imp: I'm getting rose, but not nasty girly superfemme rose- just soft and plush, and rather red. Also I get my particular favorite note, WINE! Sweet winey goodness!

Wet: Wanda goes on very pale in color. Normally I'd say that's a bad thing. In this case, quite the opposite. It's very refined, very subtle. The scent switches back and forth between rosey pink and a soft sort of gray- the leather isn't oppressive at all- and overall it's very polished.

Drydown: It's marvellously consistent. For the next six to eight hours, it continues wobbling- leather-skin-rose-wine-lather-rinse-repeat.

In Sum: Lady Macbeth is a half-brick in a sock, applied to the back of the head. Wanda (its second cousin once removed) is more like a stiletto or icepick. They both have their uses. I reserve the former for those days when I want to project an air of being a real shit-kicker, and the latter for more professional occasions. I am debating a larger bottle. I may just keep a series of imps around.

Boozy/wine notes really do not work well on my skin. The 'deep red merlot' smells like sour rotting berries on me. At least I'm assuming that it's the merlot that smells like that. This starts out all evil berries and leather. It's sickening to me. The smell of leather has been making my stomach churn lately for some reason. It's just too cool for my preference.

After about 10 minutes I am getting musky rose and a powdery floral scent (the violets turning powdery?). It gets more and more powdery over the course of an hour and I smell like musky baby powder.

Wanda is another love potion for the swap pile in my case.

In the vial, Wanda smells sweet and boozy to me. On the skin, it's more floral and very, very heavy... I think I might be getting a hint of leather but it mostly smells like candied rose petals. There's something round and plasticky underneath, too-- maybe the violets-- but overall it's pretty eh. I wanted a stronger, more seductive smell out of this. Oh well. It's nice, I'll use the Imp, but it's not going to become my signature :P scent like I'd hoped.

This is a very heavy perfume. I can immediatly smell booze and roses.

On my skin it smells almost like bubble bath, the rose scent is overhwelming and really doesn't work well with my chemistry.

This one is a bit too strong for me, too mature smelling and rosey.

wet and fresh on: Gah Yuck, chocolate and wine and something foetid.

woh, wait, this is gettint stronger in the chocolate smell, reminding me of 13, which I also really didn't like. Oh NO

drying: WOW! roses and warmth, wow what happened, this is lush edible rose dribbled over skin, YUMMY!

and so it stays.

Lesson in morphing seriously on this one, intitally it is just gawdawful, wash it off sick yuck and then it blooms into an incredible wonderful scent, LOVE IT!!

I didn't "love" Wanda when I first tried the frimp the lab sent me with my last order- I kind of liked it, but it was too sweet. Then, I put it on before going to bed this past Sat, and it was such a sexy scent, a true love potion! :P

The Merlot/wine note that BPAL has is something I am either really in the mood for, like in Blood Rose, or I'm just not. I definitely get a little of the raunch of the sexual musk, uh-huh.

Also, the tobacco note combined with the myrrh smells a bit like cannabis when it dries down...that plus the sexual musk and the merlot makes a very interesting bedfellow indeed. I don't think I'd wear Wanda to work, but it's very nice for the right environment. Hubby luvvvved it.

Going on my "big bottle" list.

In the imp: Freshly opened bottle of cold red wine

Wet: There's that wine again, but there's a scent of fresh roses underneath it. Lovely and sweet.

Dry: Something darker and smoky is underneath the merlot, I think it's the leather, but it doesn't overpower. I think the florals are mingled in with the merlot so well that I can barely tell which is which. The musk is lovely, too. I get the musk right after the merlot

Overall: I think I honestly love this scent, it's very sexy. Definately a keeper imp, I MIGHT buy more of it for a spray or something similar. Yummm sexy!

First Impression: Fruit and leather.

Dries down to: The fruit mellows into a deep, rich wine scent. The leather is no longer obvious and I get a vague hint of underlying florals, but nothing specific.

Additional Comments: This is an evening scent to me - one for candlelit dinners at home; definitely not one for the morning after, especially if too much wine was imbibed the night before. I also find it strangely addictive; it keeps drawing me back - it's probably the wine, I love red wine. The other surprising aspect is that the rose doesn't amp up and drown out all the other notes like it usually does. This one's a keeper.

Lasted: Several hours.

Rating: 4 out of 5

In the imp: Sweet, and kinda rosey. No leather. *pout*

On, wet: Merlot. Completely and utterly merlot. And it stayed that way for hooooours, before morphing into...

Later: Rose single-note. ^^;

It's nice, and I will use up the imp, but I was really hoping for a little more of a leather under-note.

Guh...this is one of the most blatantly sexual perfumes I have ever worn. I'm usually quite wimpy and avoid the labs' 'sexier' blends as just not for me. I'm rethinking that idea.

In the imp it wasn't too promising, all I smelled was a grapey wine note. Other wine notes have gone yucky on me, so I hadn't much hope. But once on my skin, Wanda absolutely exploded into rich wine and roses, with just a hint of the leather to come.

As it dried, this incredibly sexual scent mingled with a little leather began wafting from my skin. I suppose it's the musk, it smells like...pure sex, in a very good way. The florals settle in, and overall it remains red wine, roses and that awesome musk with little hints of leather here and there. Somehow proper and absolutely raunchy at the same time.

Serendipitously (is that a word?), I saw a 5ml on swaps right after I tried my imp. I had no choice but to snag it. I'm glad I didn't have to wait to get a bottle. I feel like a goddess wearing this.

Edited by LyndaM

Whoo.. this is first time I've ever opened an imp and thought "oh yikes, do I HAVE to put this on my skin?"

The wine smell was really foul on me. Like was said earlier, a very rotten berry smell. Like mildew and decay. I'm sure it's my chemistry, though, as others really seem to love it. But, oh man, not for me.

In the Bottle: It smells like...wine. Really, a glass of wine.

Wet, on me: Wine, with a warmer undertone.

Dry: Wow, this is sexy. Warm musk spiced with something sweet, with a wafting piquant wine smell. Very complex perfume. I really like this one!

Oddly enough, I couldn't identify any individual notes beyond the wine for an hour or two, when suddenly the rose drifted up to my nose. This is brilliant. :P

First impression: A glass of sweet, sweet red wine. I love it already.

As it dries, a hint of musk is detectable. After 30 minutes, the wine is still strong and delicious smelling with traces of musk and warm leather. It's so feminine with a stong sexual energy.

Deffinately getting a bottle. *adds Wanda to x-mas list*