Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Kimocean

Kindly Moon

Utterly ethereal, an exquisite expression of love: moonflower, lotus root, white gardenia, beeswax, peach blossom, blue musk, stargazer lily, golden osmanthus, ti, sandalwood, hyacinth, ylang ylang, and a touch of vanilla bean.

Oh, this is so pretty in the imp! A soft, sparkling, sweet peachy scent! A very pretty fruity floral!

Okay, on my skin, this becomes REALLY musky for some reason O_o But not in a bad way, it just tempers the sweetness of the peach and mellows it out. Underneath that peachy sweetness is a mix of lovely white florals.

As it dries, the peachyness continues to fade, and the white floral bouquet comes out more-it gives the blend more of a traditional perfumey type scent.

On full and complete drydown I do lose that peachyness, but the soft white floral lasts a very long time, though the throw is not that strong. I enjoyed this blend. I don't think I would go crazy trying to track it down, but I may have to snatch up a bottle I come across one...

In bottle: very light floral, not particularly impressive

Wet: the floral gets more profound. I’m picking up musk, lily, osmanthus and hyacinth.

Drydown: Starting to get the ylang ylang now and some other notes that seem Asian. Interesting morphing here. I didn’t particularly like this one at first, but now I do.

Later: very lovely soft floral. A dress-up-for-Church type scent

Oh dear this is a disaster on me. It starts out ok..smells like apples. Then the gardenia ruins the entire blend. It whooshes forward very quickly and drowns most of the other notes out. I hope it doesn't stay like this.

The gardenia stays strong throughout but lets a little bit of the vanilla bean through to smooth it out a bit. The other notes though..where are they??

I'm not sure this is a good blend with my chemistry.

:(

It's like Black Moon plus Herbal Essences shampoo on me. Far too cloying.

^^I have Ondine's unwanted mini roll-on now. :biggrin:

I've always wanted to try one of these "ethereal florals" I keep reading about. In the bottle it smells sweetly floral. On my skin it's a cool, succulent white floral with a touch of fruitiness like a young white peach and honeydew melon. I had a vision of a moonlit garden. It dries down to a soft, sweet floral. I've never smelled Herbal Essences but now it smells like it could be a shampoo scent.

This is very pretty but I wish I could smell more musk and sandalwood.

Bottle: Peach blossom dominates. Yes! I love peach blossom! This is the type of scent where I can pick out one or two notes merely because I know they are in here, not because I'm amazing at deciphering notes. Definitely can smell the gardenia and the lily. Very floral and sweet. I kind of wish it was a drink.

Wet: On wet the blue musk amps up as does the lily and the lotus root. Again, I would not know this without a handy list of ingredients. It's very well blended and I can't tell if it's so complex that I can't identify what's going on here or if my skin is selectively eating half the ingredients.

Dry: A warm, springtime sort of scent. Blue musk is the dominant scent and I can smell a blend of florals over top--very faint on the peach blossom but it is there. The beeswax and vanilla appear to be one and the same lending a waxy sort of sweetness to this. It reminds me of the sugared roses and violets you can buy to put on cakes. Not because it smells like either of those flowers but due to the sort of underlying warm sweetness from the base notes. The sandalwood is there, faint but there. I think it's a white sandalwood lending a sort of light dustiness to the overall blend.

Throw: Mild with a short wearlength.

Overall: Very pretty and good for warm weather. A little flirty but definitely not seductive or sleazy. Probably will enjoy wearing this one in the warmer months (when they EVENTUALLY arrive) or to the office. It's fun without being too oddball for corporate situations.

Edited by paperrose

Sniffed: A musky-floral, light and watery, and melancholy in feel.

On skin: First thing that comes to mind when I put this Moon on my skin: it is salty. Salty because, well, it's not sweet like most pure-floral scents tend to be. It is initially watery, then dries into a light and subdued scent (as most pure-florals are on my skin). The sandalwood must be adding a light dry-woody touch, and the saltiness may be coming from ylang ylang and lily. Over time the saltiness fades away, and now I can detect the barest trace of sugary-sweetness, possibly from beeswax and/or vanilla. Apart from these, I can't really distinguish the other notes, as Kindly Moon is almost vanishing on my skin. It ends up a gentle white-floral, still with a salty, slightly pungent feel.

Verdict: I was generously frimped a tester and am glad to try Kindly Moon, but I don't particularly like it. Not a keeper.

Imp: Sweet white floral notes, almost fruity!

Wet: Hyacinth and ylang ylang are very dominant in this scent. Very golden and lovely.

Dry: Just happy bright flowers. Do not detect the vanilla bean or the sandalwood though.

Such a beautiful, wispy scent. Upon initial application the peach blossom is very prevalent, however after drydown, the blue musk, moonflower, beeswax, gardenia and sandalwood come shining through. It feels really lush with all the florals, yet manages to read dry due to the sandalwood and beeswax. I love how the sandalwood tempers the gardenia and moonflower, cutting the wispy, watery aspect and giving the florals some much needed grounding. Great throw, lasts forever and is extremely pretty.

Lab purchase

Kindly Moon is a very pretty scent. Ethereal, oh yes!

As soon as I sniffed it I thought wow this smells like one of my dear friends ( she loves honeysuckle )

she lives far away and it reminds me of her.

Honeysuckle is not listed and it must be the melange of all the gorgeous notes combined that make it sparkle.

on my skin it is nurturing and it has a watery feel more of a bountiful Lake rather than an Ocean. :heart: