Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Kimocean

Kindly Moon

Kindly Moon

Utterly ethereal, an exquisite expression of love: moonflower, lotus root, white gardenia, beeswax, peach blossom, blue musk, stargazer lily, golden osmanthus, ti, sandalwood, hyacinth, ylang ylang, and a touch of vanilla bean.

I have been wearing her on/off for about a week.

Time to put some thought down on proverbial paper....

Initial sniff from bottle:Fruity...sweet but not cloying..a bit juicy..peach-like is the vibe I get...with a floral. Very pretty..

Applied wet on skin:It's the fruit again..again I get something akin to juicy peach...but with it is the cool floral..I love gardenia and here it is present but it doesn't overpower..maybe the hyacinth is keeping it in check??? It feels very serene..the fruit and floral..there is something here that keeps it smooth and pretty...I think it's the moonflower. I love moonflower :P

Couple of minutes on skin:Less fruit and more soft florals...gardenia is now taking a backseat with the moonflower, hyacinth, and ylang ylang doing their thing. It's a sweet floral..so I am also wondering if the lotus root is helping along with the sweetness since usually any blend with lotus ends up becoming a bubblegum disaster on me..perhaps in this blend everything is just kept in check.

It really is a beautiful blend..definitely feels lunar-like...maybe not so much with the "traditional lunar oils"..but more in what this blend brings to my mind..moon-lit gardens..tinged with a blue-white glow..softly radiating a cool and fragrant beauty.

Ten minutes later:Hardly any fruit and it's now just traces of floral..a wisp of the lily in the back end with the musk making it's presence known a bit more. This is very much a skin-scent on me..hardly any throw. I can't really register the sandalwood or vanilla.

Drydown: Barely there floral...combined with a touch of musk.

Lasting power on me is 2-3 hours and again...the throw is very soft on me.

Bottom Line:Kindly Moon is a beautiful lunacy blend. The soft fruity/floral melange draped, figuratively speaking, in the moonlit notes that Beth creates really evokes a tranquil and pretty blend. Although fleeting on me I think it would be a great spring/summer blend to wear..and I am thrilled that I have a bottle to come back to later on this year.

Wow. This is a lot less OMG FLORAL than I had initially feared. There are definitely a lot of flowers in here, but I smell as much vanilla and fruit (peach?) as I do anything. A really beautiful, wearable blend that I sort of wish I had a bottle of for spring...

It's like a glass of sparkling apple juice dranken in a garden of flowers just beginning to bloom.Really pleasant but I just don't do florals.

kindly2ss.jpg

I've worn this before last night, but didn't review it before (too shy, back then). Anyway, this is a favorite of mine, enough so that I've stashed 3 bottles so it will last!

In the imp: fresh sweet fruit, with some light floral notes. My first sniff made me afraid it would be too fruity, as I'm not a 'foody' scent lover, but my fears were laid to rest when I applied it.

Wet on skin: still fruity, but now the florals are more in evidence.

Dry: Lovely, lovely peach blossoms and white lilies, and very soft to the nose. It's fading already, though, so the throw is fairly weak. However, I use my lunacy oils for bedtime rather than daily perfume so as long as I can smell it myself, it's all good.

Verdict: Soft and sweet, very conducive to a good night's sleep. What more could one ask of a bedtime oil? I love this, and will cherish my hoard. :P

Edited by stellans

I just rediscovered this beauty a few days ago, and I can't stay out of it. When I got it I wasn't impressed. This was my birth-moon and it was a floral/fruity. I was disappointed. I'm not a huge fan of florals and as much as I want to like fruity scents they always go horribly wrong on me, like juciy fruit gum.

Anyway. I sniffed this one the other night and put it on before bed. It's wonderful! It smells like fresh cut flowers and fruits with just a hint of sweetness . I feel like I'm in a huge field of flowers, early morning dew still coats them, with a picnic basket full of fresh fruit and I just start smelling and picking my favourites as I eat my breakfast. Very refreshing and uplifting. I'm so glad I didn't get rid of this one.

This is a clean, light floral that's just a trifle too soft and lush to be called traditional, but it's close to it. Very lovely, more along the lines of the more modern bath and body scents that are less harsh. This is sweet, light, and cool, a nighttime scent redolent of flowers, breath-soft musk, and just a little vanilla. It's slightly fruity and very wet.

It goes on sweet, smooth, pale, and a bit dusty. I wish it retained its juiciness, but sadly, florals often go to powder on me, and this is no exception. Still, this is pretty. These florals are delicate, pale, and ever so sweet, but this is cut with a greenish dash of something or other. I never do detect the beeswax, and the vanilla is so faint I can barely detect it. It doesn't hang out for long, meaning it doesn't overstay its welcome or go skanky, and it leaves a clean, sweet floral in its wake.

Overall, feminine, gentle, and pretty, a good perfume-type scent that's not overwhelming, and a good bet for lovers of pale florals or nighttime florals.

Woah, I think this is sensory overload for me – it’s a tad too perfumey and floral for my tastes. Odd given that I adore florals. I might need this to dry down a bit at first though there was a beautiful fruity scent when it was first applied that sadly disappeared upon drydown. In about 2 hours, it’s down to a gentle floral scent. Sadly, pretty unremarkable to me though it is a nice fragrance perhaps for everyday and I might end up finishing it, not sure.

Despite being an October full moon name, Kindly Moon smells like springtime in a bottle to me! Its gardenia, moonflower, and hyacinth mixed with a little fruit, some sweetness from the vanilla and honeycomb, and a bit of musk once dry. This is one of my favourite Lunar blends. :P

Kindly moon smells faintly of peaches with sweet springtime florals. It is very light and not too over powering on the floral note. There is just the right amount of vanilla and musk in there to off set this to make sure it not just another floral scent. After wearing it for awhile there is a sweetness that emerges that really brings out the best in this fragrance. Guess I will have to start stalking Ebay! :P

I agree that oddly since it's supposed to be a fall moon, Kindly Moon smells totaly springy to me! The florals aren't overpowering, which is good for me; the fruity whiff I get balances them out. And I swear I smell a hint of something alcoholic. lol! All in all it is wonderful, the only moon I've tried so far that I LOOOOVE.

i can't tell most flowers apart, scent-wise. the only ones i know are lavender, lilac, rose, lotus, peony and... that's about it. oh, and moonflower, i know i like moonflower. i definitely smell the moonflower here. this is a very clean, ethereal scent, delicately sweet. it reminds me of the ghost, but less green. i have but a wee sniffie of this, and it may be worth the trouble to find at least another imp!

Bottle: Bubble bath. This smells like childhood bubble bath! :P

Wet: Oh, hello stargazer lily, my mortal enemy. How do you do? Yes, please settle down and allow the other shy florals to come forth. Now, don't all jump up at once! I can barely discern you!

Drydown: Intense floral shot through with a core of...something thin and reedy, either the musk or the sandalwood? Oh hey, is that the ylang ylang? Suddenly this reminds me of Herbal Essences shampoo. :D

Dry: Herbal Essences shampoo and bubble bath once more. FTW! :D

My rating: 4/5. Okay, so I'm a cheeseball. But it's bringing back some lovely nostalgia from my high school days when every shampoo, conditioner, and body wash I owned was Herbal Essences. Mmmm....

KINDLY MOON

Wet: Sweet florals and an almost apple-like tartness.

Dry on Skin: This is the most soft and ethereal floral blend I have ever smelled. It is elegant and graceful, clean-smelling, and breath-taking. The florals for the most part meld together into one seamless scent, but there are moments when I can pick out the gardenia (love!), hyacinth, and peach blossom. The moonflower and lily also peek out of the medley of scents, and there is a short amount of time that I can detect the contribution of the beeswax. Kindly Moon has a wider than average throw and yet it is not overpowering. It is just sweet and lovely and ethereal. Even though it is a lovely mix of soft florals, I do not get springtime from this. It's hard to describe the mood it evokes but it fits the description exactly.

Suddenly this reminds me of Herbal Essences shampoo. :D

Yup! I'm so so glad you went there!!!! :D Hahahaha that's exactly what was scratching at my brain. I opened up my decant (a frimp from cheshirecat, holla!), and the first thing I did was say to myself, "MMM!!! What the Hell does this remind me of??!!"

This dries down beautifully, it's just a friendly, clean, fruity floral. I totally love it - mainly because when I was in middle/high school, I wished that I could buy a Herbal Essences perfume.

Even though Kindly Moon isn't terribly unique, it's still fun and sweet and reminds me of being a teenager. (I mean, it wasn't that long ago, but...years are going by so much faster now....)

If I had to describe it in one word, I'd say: Cute!

If your family is all into BPAL, get your daughter a bit of Kindly Moon. She'll flip out :P: -) This is a young scent (or young-at-heart ; -)

I don't think I need a bottle, but I'll be keeping my little imp for sentimental reasons!

First sniff: At first I thought it was berries and cold, but there’s no berry here. It’s definitely more fruity to my nose than floral.

Wearing: It’s not the sort of thing I generally gravitate toward, but the sheer number of times I’ve resniffed my wrist definitely gives it points. It’s more floral now, but the peach (I guess?) keeps it from being too girlyflowery. Quiet, unassuming, gentle and really darn pretty.

A very sweet and pretty floral, but not unique enough for me to want to keep or wear.

The floral notes blend together well and the vanilla is a nice balancing note. The peach adds a sweetness that keeps this from being JUST florals.

Nice, but not for me.

Edited by Bulletslc

in the imp: sweet, fruity in a juicy way. like watermelon or honeydew in the height of summer. yummm

wet on skin: still juicy, but more fleshy fruit now, like peaches or strawberries. in other words, still yummmm.

dry down: a beautiful floral is emerging- what is it? like honey suckle and something else succulent: maybe water lily or a touch of ylang ylang.

later: a lovely combination of fruit and floral. not cloying. i'm not big on the floral, as people who read my reviews know, but this one is really really lovely.

something to keep and cherish for long summer days and longer summer nights.

I'm so glad I got to try this!

There's so much going on here, but not too much. I can't pick out individual notes in the bottle.

Gardenia and moonflower come through first, followed by something I can't put my finger on. Its smells green whatever it is.

A little later, I smell the peach blossom, followed by the beeswax (a note I have ALWAYS wanted to try but could never find in any blend that would work with my skin chemistry). I can't find the vanilla, but the peach and beeswax save this from crossing the line into too flowery.

After wearing this to work for a couple of days, I'm not QUITE sure if I'll keep this one. Its beautiful, but it fades very quickly from my skin. In a scent locket its very nice...even after a full day it still smells fresh and peach blossomy. I'll think about it, but Kindly Moon might work better on someone whose skin doesn't eat florals.

Edited by iiinterstate

In the bottle: Very pale gold oil. Sweetly fruity and floral, but also fresh, cool and lunar, a touch woody. Ethereal, inviting, feminine.

Wet: Osmanthus, hyacinth, lily and peach blossom reign. There is a bit of the too-sweet lotus but it's light for now; the same goes for the heady ylang ylang. Beeswax is, for once, honeyed not caramel! Vanilla is very light and natural. Moonflower keeps this clean but not soapy.

Dry: A slower drying oil. Much more heavily and headily floral; gardenia has come out fully, but is not yet overwhelming. I can smell a bit more of the ylang ylang. But osmanthus and moonflower keep these big players in check. Greenly fresh hyacinth lighter. Musk has come out; it's sort of thick and languid and dusky. A hint of woody ti emerges.

Later: Gardenia, you big bully! Vanilla, you're not far behind. Lotus is going a bit bubblegum. Moonflower, soapy. Ahh my nemesis notes take over as usual. It's not as bad as it could be; I can still lightly smell some of the notes I love - osmanthus, ti, lily, peach blossom. But this is very heady now and quite sweet, and honestly I don't think I like blue musk. It's a little harsh.

Summary: Heady florals and cloying sweetness; the gardenia, vanilla, lotus, sharp musk and soapy moonflower make this unbearable. Amazingly, I never got a hint of sandalwood; it never appeared, and the blend always stayed cool and lunar. Really tremendously strong throw and I imagine good lasting power but I ran to the sink.

In bottle: very sweet, slightly sharp fruity floral - pale and ethereal.

Wet on skin: mostly a rather sharp floral. I don't usually wear florals, so I'm not familiar with the notes, although I recognise hyacinth. I can't smell peach - the fruity element is more pear/melon. I was hoping for more musk, ti and sandalwood, but I can't detect them. There's just a hint of vanilla bean adding smoothness. As florals go, this is a nice one. It reminds me of Cheshire Moon without the citrus or the icky jasmine note. Strong throw!

Dry on skin: the sharpness gradually fades and what's left is sweet, smooth pear/melon fruity. At this stage it reminds me of the final stage of Tiki Queen, which behaves in a similar way on my skin. The end is much better than the beginning! It's very fresh - a great scent for a hot summer day!

In Bottle: Sweet florals, very "perfumey" to me. Like a classy ladies perfume.

Wet: Yes, very "old" perfume. Not as in "old lady," just as in "they don't make em like this anymore." My cousin used to have a bunch of old perfumes that my grandma gave her--they were in all sorts of interestingly shaped bottles. One that I loved sniffing was in a tall lady made of bumpy milk glass. I was little, so I don't know if this is REALLY what it smelled like, but it triggers that memory. That's not very helpful to others, I'm sure, but I stink at describing florals anyway. What I'm getting is a mosh of sweet florals with a slightly sweet, almost fruity edge.

Drying: maintains sweet floral, but is less "perfumey" if you know what i mean. I think that hte moonflower and lily are predominant on me, becuase its a very gentle white, almost creamy type of floral.

Dry: This settles into a sweet gentle floral, and occasionally I get a "red fruits" tinge from it, which is unexpected. Its almost like sweet plums waft in and out of this demure, white floral.

Overall: A proper victorian lady's perfume. This is sweet and clean and pretty. It is not, however, "me," so I think I'll find it a home where it can be in the spotlight more often.

The first few minutes of Kindly Moon are rough - there's something acrid lurking in the background that makes me think of hairspray, but luckily it goes away and Kindly Moon blossoms. From the notes, I was expecting something a little more substantial in terms of throw, but KM is very delicate, like a thin golden chain. It's a very ethereal scent, along the lines of Fairy Market. I would say that the peach blossom is the most prominent note, as KM is very fruity, but every now and then I get whiffs of gardenia. Overall, I like this. I wish it was stronger, but that might ruin the whole "mood" of the scent, so I guess I'll just deal. Try this if you like gentle florals or fruity scents.

4/5

I get to try this thanks to a PIF from ForeverLastcXs!

In the bottle: It is a bright, sweet refreshing floral that reminds me of classic commercial perfume.

On drydown: The scent remains very soft, but the floral has faded leaving this earthly/muddy scent that I think is the lotus. It is similar to Shattered's drydown on me and both have lotus in it. I really dislike the lotus note and wish it is more fruity/floral, but I am glad I have the chance to try this.

Out of the bottle this smells fresh and very herbal to me. Not sharp, herbal but soft and gentle.

On my skin there's something in here that's reminding me of Arkham Revisited....it's like if Arkham Revisited took a tropical vacation, it would probably come back smelling like this. :lol:

As this dries, the lily and gardenia stand taller than the rest of the floral notes but don't completley dominate. This is really pretty, very floral and I surprisingly like this a LOT!

When I wave my hand about a foot away from my face I smell a sweet mix of flowers and something honey-like....I think the peach blossom is also standing up with the gardenia and the lily.

I'm really not getting any sandalwood in this at all. To me, this is a sweet floral blend. This reminds me of Easter morning for some reason, going to church with my Mom when I was a kid surrounded by all sorts of beautiful flowers.

Very pretty! I took a chance with this one and am really glad I did. :wub:

Edited by Monster

This was all sugar sweet to me in the beginning then went highly soapy.

A very strong soapy with massive throw. I had to wash it off

I love every single one of the notes in this!! I'll have to try it out again later. :cry2: