Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
UltraViolet

General citrus recommendations - and discussion of all things orange

I like citrus and oranges in particular. Can someone tell me if there is a BPAL scent like this?

Edited by ivyandpeony
tweaked title after splitting out individual topics

There are several citrus single notes, like orange lemon and grapefruit. Yo ucould layer these to get the Back for breakfast-effect. Or you could use the search facility on the BPAL site, it comes up with a few scents containing citrus, but mixed with other notes. I'm not sure if that is what you prefer?

search for "orange lemon grapefruit" with the selection on 'or' and you'll get all the perfumes with those words in the description. there's 21 orange ones, 19 of which are blends... :P

Ravenous and Hunger were very orangey to me - I think I described Ravenous as starting off like an orange popsicle on acid :P Ravenous has a red patchouli drydown and Hunger has vanilla - I liked Hunger on me better, but everyone has different chemistry!

So far my favourite orange scents are Ravenous and Carnal (Ravenous is sex in a bottle on me, Carnal's a bit more reserved). Lolita is also a bit orangey, but not as pronounced as those two.

Phantasm is beautiful soft lemon, if you're looking for other kinds of citrus, and The Star (tarot oil) has a lemon-lime feel to it but is mostly coconut on top. Phantasm is my favourite lemony scent - it's a very soft misty lemon, not at all cleanery.

Baobhan Sith is a new scent that reminds me of a grapefruit version of Phantasm. There's a bit of bite to it at first, but it softens nicely.

Here are some scents I've tried that seem to have fairly strong to strong citrus notes:

Embalming Fluid - very light, lemony, and refreshing

The Star - like key lime pie!

Carnal - sweet and figgy and orangey

Baoban Sith - beautiful scent, has that grapefruit thing going on

Zephyr - lemony with vanilla and sweet florals, a neat scent but turned headachey sweet on me

Lolita - lemony and fruity, VERY sweet

I'd love a wearable scent like this, that I could also use to freshen up some homemade potpourri...dried orange slices, lemon, lime, cloves, cinnamon bark etc. That whole autumn/winter feeling.

I love the spicy scents of Beth's that I've tried, but none of them (such as Three Witches, Vixen, Sin and one or two others) really fit the bill this time, as I don't usually try citrussy scents. It's always good to have a change, though!

Yours in anticipation. :P

For me, Old New Orleans has a really lemon/spicy undertone to it that I really enjoyed. I guess I just wasn't much for the jasmine honeysuckle part.

Old Port-Au-Prince has a really orange-ish undercurrent with spice, which reminds me of Christmas wassail.

I know it's a little late, but I second Port-Au-Prince. It kind of reminds me of potpurri to begin with and it's nice and spicy. :P

~ Penance

I love Akuma on the drydown (Orange Tic-Tacs, yum), but in the bottle and initially on my skin it has an unpleasant tang that I think is the neroli gone wild. Any suggestions for scents with a similar orange/citrus candy note?

Megaera was pure orange candy on me. Also, Kunstkammer (LE) was like spicy orange gumdrops to me. Hope that helps some!

A lot of people here say they can smell orange in blends that contain orange blossom, so you might do a search for those and see what YOU smell. (I can only smell the blossoms myself.) Moxie is a bright vivid orange scent and might be what you are looking for. Since you like orange, you might also look for scents with peach or apricot, which have a similar sweet-tart thing going. Marquise de Merteuil is particularly nice.

I've been wanting to try these:

CARNAL

Bold, bright mandarin paired with the sweet, sensual earthiness of fig.

HUNGER

Evokes sheer, unadulterated carnal lust. An undeniably warm and sensual scent. Black narcissus, orange blossoms, and vanilla.

....both sound delicious, and such names! : )

Another vote for Moxie! The BEST citrus. (in my humble opinion, of course). Just pure orangey citrusy brightness....

question... so far every orange one i've tried has been really bright and just ... i dunno ... not right to me. i love citrus typically, but ... what gives? are there any darker more fuller and deeper orange scents?

for instance, i got an imp of akuma with my last order and i tried it again last night. despite having an obsession with blood oranges ... it's just stinging kinda brightness. :D and kuang shi was all potpourri!! :P of the ones that were recommended, does there tend to be much variance?