Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
misspissed

Ultraviolet

Electrifying, mechanized and chilly -- the scent of crushed blooms strewn on cold metal. Lush violet and neroli spiked hard with eucalyptus and a sliver of mint.

the scents of eucalyptus and mint are very prominant in this. it smells fresh and clean, very light, with a touch of violet undertone. i really liked it - especially as a room scent. i placed some in my oil burner and it scented my room so well....

EDIT: Added Lab's description --Shollin Edited by clover

This one has a very sharp edge to it, doubtless thanks to the eucalyptus, which makes it difficult for me to wear - it's a cool, almost metallic scent, and although I think I'd like to smell like this, it's not something *I* actually want to be smelling all day, if that makes any sense. It definitely doesn't fade into the background - this violet does not shrink!

In the bottle The eucalyptus is very prominent. This is a very clearing scent, and instantly made me feel a lot more awake on a bleary-eyed morning.

First Wearing This is immediately very faint on me. It's not one of the jump-out-and-bite you scents, it's understated and lurks in the background. The floral notes are more noticeable as it warms up, particularly the violet.

Over time Fades quickly on me: needs topping up every couple of hours or so.

Overall This will make an excellent scent for a day at work. It's coolly professional but the violet keeps it from being too haughty.

This was very bitter on me for about the first 45 minutes, as the eucalyptus comes out. As it starts to drydown, it is a beautiful, neon-violet scent. It's bright and cheery. I enjoyed this very much. It is different than anything else I own. I like the eucalyptus, as I have extremely bad sinuses and I think it may have helped clear them a bit.

This is definitely one of my ultimate favorites! On me it was mainly violet. And I felt so lush and dusky and somehow nostalgic wearing it. Complicated and lovely.

** Editing to add: While I still really love this, it doesn't last very long on me. It did make me realize how much I love violets and now I've ordered 6 more imps with violet as their ingredient. Hoping to find one that I love as much that will last longer.

Edited by xoe

Maybe I don't really know what violet smells like on me, but all I really note is the eucalyptus. I like this scent very much, but this falls in the super-short lasting BPAL category for me. Within an hour of application, this baby is gone.

The eucalyptus is so sharp and clearing in the first few minutes of this, and it's tempered in a soft and unexpected fashion by the violet. When the eucalyptus starts to fade, the mint becomes apparent and it cools the warm, peppery violets in this bouquet.

In the end, there's a clear, definitive violet scent that never shows the neroli side to me, but is still chilled and bright because of the mint.

Interesting!

Big, orgasmic groan. I love Eucalyptus and minty smells, and the eucalyptus bites you hard and good in the beginning. Slowly the violet comes through and gets more prominent over time, but it's a chilly, icecold wind through a violet bush.

I get an image of chewing on frozen violet leaves.

All I could smell in this scent was the violet. The mint and eucalyptus were nowhere to be found. Silly body chemistry!

In the bottle: Fresh, flowery. Light and pretty!

Wet: Wow. This has completely morphed. It smells like Kansas! My Great-Aunt and Uncle have a farm. This smells like being outside in the fields. It smells like crops, dirt, and that faintly metallic smell when it's just about to rain. Mmmm!

Drying: Hello Grandma! The scent has changed again, and gotten louder. I smell like an old lady.

Dry, later: Ew. Baby powder. Nothing but baby powder.

Well, this imp is off for trading. It smells lovely in the bottle, but my body changes it into something that doesn't agree with me.

Initial Sniff: Chilly! The eucalyptus and mint are very prominent, with the neroli adding an interesting twist and the violet providing depth.

Wearing: When wet, this is a wonderfully refreshing mint scent. As it dries, however, it goes horribly wrong with my body chemistry. Someone else used the word "metallic" which is fairly accurate. Strange.

Final Impressions: If only it could have continued smelling like that initial lovely mintiness! Oh well - they can't all be winners with everyone!

Wow. :D I bought this because the notes sounded neat & its named after one of my fave U2 songs "Ultraviolet" :D Who knew it would fit the song perfectly?

First Sniff: What a mystery..icy fresh, cold, minty, kinda grassy smelling

Wet: Still powerfully minty, i can smell a damp violet in there too..

Afterhours: haunting floral notes & slightly metallic w/ a shadow of the mint remaining :D

If I may..? :P

"Feel like trash, you make me feel clean

I'm in the black, can't see or be seen

Baby, baby, baby...light my way

You bury your treasure

Where it can't be found

But your love is like a secret

That's been passed around

There is a silence that comes to a house

Where no one can sleep

I guess it's the price of love

I know it's not cheap

Baby, baby, baby...light my way

Oh...ultraviolet...

Ultraviolet...

Ultraviolet...

Ultraviolet..." ~U2

I'm definitely ordering a HUGE bottle of this..gallon size anyone? heheh

In the bottle, Ultraviolet is peppermint and eucalyptus. Mmmm. I love that combination. It really wakes you up early in the morning like this. Helps clear the sinuses and starts your day off right.

On me, same smell, and its really sharp! But wait...the further away from my wrist you are, the more you can smell the violets! I LOVE violets!! I agree with the others, its like having frozen violet petals. This is a great scent, and the violets don't even smell soapy either!

This is the scent I'll go to when I need to be detached and clinical.

I'm picking up the mint and neroli, but the eucalyptus and violet have merged in a way that I can't distinguish between them. The colour/texture that comes to mind is gunmetal.

Perhaps in an alternate universe there are plants that produce revolvers instead of flowers, waving fields of gunmetal blue under a clear sky...

No, that wouldn't work. Those plants would never be pollinated. Scratch that notion.

I thought I would love ultraviolet. I am a huge mint fan and I like eucalyptus. In the bottle there was a balanced blend of scents. On my skin though it turned to violets with a cloying sweetness from the neroli. What happened?! I will try this again and hope it is just a hormonal cycle thing, but I know violet tends to come out pretty strongly on me.

Never thought I would find a signature scent but.....

Ultraviolet comes really close, only wearing it for the first time today but it is so perfect.

First a head cleaning eucalyptus, when it mellows there is the most perfect violet. I was long looking for a violet scent and thining to buy the single note, but this is better, longlasting and complex. It is clean and fresh and wearable at any occation during daytime.

How was i wrong thinking that sweet foody scent where my first love....

So glad I have a 5 ml.

I got Ultraviolet on a swap, and the bottle had leaked just a little, enough that when I opened the envelope the scent hit me right in the face... WOW! This stuff is gorgeous! :P It was mostly eucalyptus out of the bottle, but now that I've had it on for a bit, the eucalyptus and violet are playing cat and mouse with each other... I'll walk in one direction and smell violets, then turn around and the eucalyptus is there. There's a little mint that pokes its head up from time to time too.

This one's definitely going to be a 10 ml., it's not a strong scent so I expect I'll be topping it off often...

I just got this in 10ml size in a swap. It was never on my to try list simply because of the mint, but am I ever glad that Neko brought this to my attention.

wet, oh my is it minty, sharp, cold mint, and I think there's a bit ot violet in the background...This is a chiily scent

dry..oh my god! It's icon, lush's icon with a touch of mint. I am so in love. I think I will be slathering myself with this after my bath tonight.

Wet: I hate to say it, but this smells like cat pee with a hint of ammonia on me. There was a thread about an unsexy scent - this would fit the bill.

Even if it improves upon drying, there's no way I can wear this.

Dry. I can smell the violet now. I think it's the eucalyptus that's causing me olfactory grief.

Oh, that makes me mad.

I love the smell of eucalyptus.

This is something that's been on my wishlist since my first order, and I was excited to try it for all that I'm not a big fan of violets. Off to swapsville, where it will smell better on pretty much anyone else who tries it. :P

ultraviolet

at first: smells metallic to me. i can smell some flowers, but mostly detect the eucalyptus with a bit of mint underlying it. i have the feeling that this would great when one has a cold.

on: sharp. definitely eucalyptus. this really clears out one's sinuses.

2 hours later: this is so cleansing. i can't really explain it.

overall: i'm not sure if i would wear this as a perfume, but it's great for when i need to clear my head or my sinuses. i may always keep an imp on hand for just those purposes, though.

First Sniff:

Mint with a slight hint of violets. It reminds me of something, but I can’t put my finger on it. I can’t smell any eucalyptus which is a shame, because I love the smell of it…and the feel of it (I’m one of those weird people who loves menthol and camphor and eucalyptus in all their tingly goodness :P).

Wet on Skin:

I can feel the eucalyptus, which is lovely, but I still can’t smell it. I still smell mint sweetened by violets...now I know what it was that it reminded me of, the violet breath mints I used to love when I was little; the ones that came in the silver and purple tin and smelled so pretty! It’s bringing back some really great memories. This is like the opposite of the Bon Vivant memory thing; it’s making me very happy. :D

Dry Down:

Pretty much the same as it was wet. It’s sweetened a little bit, but it’s stayed pretty true to the smell of it straight out of the bottle. It’s light, but I can still catch a whiff of myself when I walk.

The bottom line:

Nice, unusual and it feels good, both physically and emotionally. I like it because it’s different and because of the tingly feeling it gives me where I’ve applied it and the happy memories it brings. That being said, I probably won’t be buying a big bottle, but I probably will be getting another imp when this one is empty. My only complaint is that I wish it lasted longer and that I could smell the eucalyptus in it.

Wow, wow wow!!! I absolutely love this one! :P I have an imp of this from my very first order. I chose it because I thought the violet sounded nice and it was different from the other imps I ordered. In the bottle it smells like a very refreshing mint. When I first put it on I get a very strong hit of eucalyptus and mint. At first I was a little nervous about the eucalyptus (as someone else mentioned it smells a bit like cat pee) but then it started to fade a little. So for the first few minutes it is very refreshing and clearing. After the eucalyptus fades the violet and mint comes through. It is a very icy, frosty and crystal clear scent that fades into lovely soft violets. It also reminds me of those violet candies that Penance mentioned. This is something I could wear everyday and in any season. In cold weather it would echo the chilly air and it warm weather it could be cooling and refreshing. This is at the top of my big bottle list for sure. :D

Ultraviolet.

Woah. I like to wind down with a minty scent on a hard day because it pulls some of the stress out of my skin. And then came Ultraviolet. This is not a calm you down, soothe you scent. This is a chilly, bright, HELLO, WENCH! WAKE UP AND SMELL THE WORLD! scent. It's a mood booster and a sleep fighter. Agreeing with the sentiments that it's so bright and chilly that it almost smells metallic. It's also darn good for the sinuses and, silly or no, it kind of helps me focus and concentrate. UV has been declared Wench Approved!

I didn't know what to expect from this oil since I didn't look up its description beforehand. I usually don't on imps people give me so I can see how my experience matches up with the real ingredients in the oil.

When I first put this on, it was right after a bath, when I used my scrubbing bath gloves and whoa! A tingle on some of my sensitive areas like my cleavage and the sharp sting of mint or maybe eucalyptus on top of blissful violet.

I didn't know if this intense mint/eucalyptus combo would ever calm down, but I did like it because the violet and other notes were keeping it from being too much. I have to say those who like delicate scents should run away from this one...this is a strong powerful fragrance, not for the weak of heart.

It is like a Victorian perfume on acid.

Then, after the mint/eucalyptus faded, I got the most wonderful violet with dark floral undertones. I have some regular violet perfume, so this was definately more than violet. And it matched perfectly. Now I know this is the neroli.

This oil lasted a long time and has earned a spot on my favorite list of three. It is long lasting, great smelling and something I might consider buying as a subsititute for my violet oil once it is done.

Edited by Madame Nyx

In the Bottle Smells like chemicals. Very harsh on my sniffer.

Wet Metal, mint, and motor oil. This stuff has turned toxic on my skin. My body chemistry is not going along with this one. I'm starting to get a headache. For some reason minty smells just do not work for me.

Drydown Smells like somebody dropped a bottle of tictacs in motor oil. Yuck. Starting to get a stuffy, dusty violet coming through all the friggin' mint. Still yuck.

Verdict I couldn't wear this much more than an hour. ::shrudders:: I usually do my whole bottle, wet, drydown, two hours blah blah blah review, but I had to wash this one off. Ewwww. I'll be getting rid of it for sure.

Edited by etherealchild