Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tindome

Jezirat Al Tennyn

The Dragon’s Isle: smoke and fire, earth and wind. The rage of the elements blasting over a primordial paradise.

Ugh! It has that same rotting vegetation scent in it that is in Penny Dreadful as well. :poke:

In the imp: Very wet, thick green - like damp mown grass and ferns, with a hint of acridity.

Wet: aggressively piney, with acridity underneath. Smells kind of like air freshener. (I seem to be mildly allergic to something in this stage.)

Dry: damp, mown grass; ferns; and freshly-turned earth. There's something very sharp - ozone? Pine? I see what you all mean when you say "primordial"! After giving it an hour or so, it's blended a little more, into something that... still smells like very dark green, slightly swampy air-freshener; I think this isn't one for me. (And thankfully it hasn't got a terribly aggressive throw on me - while typing, I'm getting rather more of the Hellcat I applied to the other side of the wrist several hours before putting this on!)

Even later: huh, the throw was suddenly MUCH GREATER when I went out in the cold briefly - interesting! Several hours on, it's blended into quite a dark green-earthy-acrid scent; it's not unpleasant but I can't see myself going through the drydown, or particularly choosing this when I have others available. Swaps pile. :-)

Edited by kaberett

This imp is aged.

In the bottle: It's my favorite moss!!! And something sweet underneath. It reminds me of ruins, but it must be the moss. And then I accidentally drop in on the desk. I hope it will behave because half of it is in my room's atmosphere now. :P

On my skin: Moss and ...mint? How refreshing! About 10 minutes later the refreshing part subsides and I can now smell the moss more clearly. I have gotten no fire at all so far but I think the minty refreshing part was supposed to be the wind - it might be because my imp is aged though and they are better distinguishable in a fresh batch. I should really stop aging my imps before trying them.. >>

Drydown: An hour later I don't get any of the initial notes. Now I get a very faint burning/smoky (incense-y) whiff which must be the fire. Two hours later I only get a vague hint of the pleasant smokiness which is also somehow sweet. I don't know how to describe it except nice.

Sweet soil and eucalyptus. Maybe a hint of stone and leather (that could be moss going leathery). It's a tad floral in an indescribable way. I agree with the reviewer that said it was a tropical Zombi.

I was personally hoping for more stone, less greenery. It is certainly strange and compelling however.

Bottle: Black, acrid smoke with the faintest ghost of citrus. Ozonic pink grapefruit and eucalyptus together? And then a full minute or more after I've capped the bottle and put it down, I suddenly smell mint, wet minerals and dead leaves. Bizarro.

Wet: The liquid is a curious pinkish-red. First smells for me are pale green mint growing between dry gray rocks. Then black, minty smoke, with the barest impression of pink grapefruit and a spicy floral close to dragon's blood. There's a lot going on here.

Dry: A relaxed, slightly gritty, mostly bonfire-like smoke, and a little moss.

There's a lot of weirdness that leads up to it, but I assume I'll mainly wear this for the smoke.

Wet: Earth, and something sweet and bubble gummy - like lotus. Maybe some oakmoss? Interesting, but not something I want to wear, at this stage.

Dry: There's almost something minty about this - it's a really weird combo with the dirt note and the somewhat sickly sweet floral. Overall, this is just not for me.

I think this is in the same vein as Isles of Demons because it's mostly green and earthy. The biggest difference I get is a bit of anise here within all the greenery. Some watery notes come through when it dries down to add to the lush jungle type scent.I wish it had a bit more oomph because it wears pretty close to the skin for me.