Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
slave1

Manhattan

I love this. Tried an imp, bought a bottle. It's a perfect citrus, not over-sharp cleaning product citrus or sticky candy citrus, but the real deal. It's like I just peeled an orange or a grapefruit or something delicious, right in the room. But more than that, it's backed by this deeper blend of smells which seems to trick my nose into picking up something different every time. Is it wood? Fancy tea? Leather? I can't tell, the scents all morph around each other and I can't separate them.

Manhattan is never overpowering. I want to bathe in it. Other smells I like or dislike depending on mood, but I wouldn't mind smelling like this all the time. My only gripe is that it doesn't last as long as some of the other scents, or throw as far. Maybe that's for the best though. If it were strong I would be in danger of living my life within a powerful force-field of citrus, sterilizing surfaces and exterminating insects as I pass. Would probably still wear it though.

Wet, this is lemon zest and expensive white tea. Dry, it is new car leather and sleek teakwood soaked in expensive white tea. For being such a...well, mild scent, I wasn't expecting the tea to come through so nicely on this. In general, this is a very high-class, expensive perfume.

I was born in manhattan and raised/still live in queens, so as an NYC native this scent was calling out to me. I felt the connection and went ahead and got an imp.

out of the imp and wet on the skin is straight up trees. it smells very much like the pine scented car air fresheners (not a bad thing by any means). giving it a few minutes allows it to drop the forest act (we ARE in manhattan after all) and chill to be cologne-y. I can definitely smell the tea first and foremost, it's very nice and herbaly. I don't pick up the citrus as much as everyone seems to be, but I definitely smell the florals doing work in the background. mint also comes through beautifully and tingles your nose a little bit in a pleasant way. I daresay it's kind of masculine?

overall, it is a very chill perfume that smells very elegant and expensive, like some refined aftershave you catch a whiff of passing someone in a skyscraper lobby. it's not in your face at all, and it doesn't need to be. this really is the scent of confidence, power, and the understanding that being boastful of supposed confidence or power is just trying to make up for the lack thereof.