Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zillah37

Gennivre, L’Artiste du Diable

Hyson tea leaf, pale mint, sugar cane, orange blossom, lemongrass, and honey.

In the bottle, this is an interesting scent, with warmth and coolness mixed together with a touch fruity, but it is rather hard to describe. On my skin, however, this is a cool, light, sweet minty orange scent mingled against a warm backing of honey and tea - it's deliciously lovely - and when I sniff my wrist I can smell the minty edge to the scent, but otherwise I can smell the warm, comforting sweet honey wafting up to my nose. After a few hours, this fades to a sweet, soft honey and although the fruity mint tea has faded, it is quite lovely.

First applied, I was getting light tea and mint. But then the sugar cane and orange blossom came out and made me fall in love. This is a GORGEOUS scent. It fades into a sweet, soft honey after awhile. Spring/summer scent for sure. Rather light on me, will probably get bottle so I can slather.

This is straight up mint tea with honey. It is pretty, but nothing earth-shattering. I think it will be nice for summer, when I want to wear something light and herbal.

ETA: I think my skin was eating scents for a while there, because I retested this today and loved it a lot. It is still mint tea with honey, but it's sweeter, stronger, and more interesting this time. It is actually reminding me a lot of Bengal, which is strange since Bengal doesn't actually remind me of tea. I think the honey note must be the same.

Edited by tailoredshirt

This is beautiful tea scent that I was afraid to try for a long time (sugar cane).

On me, this is green tea with light mint and a tiny bit of sweetness. I love love love tea scents! This one worked out pretty well and is perfect for summer, goes on the top of the summer bottle shopping list! :wub2:

In the bottle this is so lovely, it's cold tea with fresh mint and only a tiny bit of sweetness. Gennivre strikes me as something that might make a good unisex/men's scent.

Unfortunately on my skin it disappears almost instantly, though it's lovely just to waft the bottle under my nose as a pick-me-up.

I got this one as a sniffie and there were just a few drops, enough for me to wear it one time. All I'm getting is honey and tea leaf, like a little bite of bitter behind the honey. I always like the idea of honey scents, but they never seem to smell very good on my skin. This was extremely light - I had to press my nose against my arm to get any of the scent. I'm glad I got to smell this one and will not be purchasing a larger one.

I was a bit scared of this one, pale mint, regular mint, any type of mint is not something I enjoy very often. And this one was quite the strong mint at first. But it quickly takes a step back and the tea comes forward with some honey and just a tiny bit of mint in the background. Very pretty!

Instant love. :wub2: Sweetened mint tea with honey, followed by blasts of spicy orange blossom and lemongrass. It's cooling, refreshing, sweet yet spicy and really minty.

Gennivre is lovely - mint tea and honey. Unfortunately it is very light on me, and I just don't see myself reaching for it, so I think I'll let her find a home where she will be more loved...

Strong sweet honey (smells just like the real thing), lemony mint, and delicate florals which makes this more perfume-y than drinkable. I love it. Luckily I bought a whooooole bottle.

It's a mild scent but still quite strong with a lot of throw on me.

on me, this is tea, honey, and something slightly citrus but not sharp. this smells so good to me right now -- even better than when I first sniffed it in an imp, probably because it is aged. it's feminine without being bossy about it -- I'm very glad I swapped for it!

Gennivre is almost astringent lemon cleaner in the imp, so I was hesitant about putting it on my skin. I'm glad I did, though.

The tea blooms almost immediately upon application, and the mint adds a cold feeling to this scent. The lemongrass, unfortunately, is fairly strong, but I find that it doesn't make this scent an automatic no. Imagine, a lemongrass blend that's wearable! I start to smell the orange blossom after a few minutes, and orange blossom really is not a favorite note. It brings this blend back into the somewhat astringent category for me, which is a shame.

Gennivre is a very pleasant spring/summer scent on me--tea and orange blossom are the strongest notes, but the honey and lemongrass are detectable as well. It's light, fresh, and clean, with a hint of floral. I'm glad I have a tester of this, but I don't think I'll spring for a bottle when the Carnaval comes back into town.

Honey and I are not friends, no matter how hard I try. Gennivre is all bad honey and mint tea at first. It dies down to soft honey and powder. This is probably gorgeous on other people, but not me.

In the bottle: Mint tea.

Immediately after application: Getting more of the citrus on my skin. It's a sugared citrus tea with mint and a smidge of honey. Yum!

Warming up: The honey has gone powdery. This seems to happen with some of the lab's honey notes. Bah.

Fading: Hmm, no more powdery honey. Nice sugary tea.

Faded: Average throw, average to long wear.

Overall: Very pretty at the beginning and then got weirdly powdery as it warmed, then got lovely again at the end. I doubt it's something I'm willing to deal with as I have other light, summer, tea scents I like.

Rating: 2.5/5.

First Sniff: Buttered popcorn, yummy!

Initial Wet Application: Still buttered popcorn with some sort of earthy blend behind it.

Beginning Dry Down (first 15 minutes) & Dry: At one point, after I reapplied this after the first 5 minutes, I was getting lipstick: that fake, warm plastic scent. It was distant, but I could pick up on it despite the popcorn. Later, the popcorn smell came back to the forefront and despite being light on my skin, I think the honey and sugar cane are keeping this warm and inviting. It definitely reminds me of the sweet bite of fresh honey: not my kind of sweet, but still liquid sugar!

My Reaction: The full description of this is chilling, but all I got from the tester was warm, tasty popcorn with some dry earth. There’s also a faint whiff of smoke underneath it all too. Unfortunately, since this was limited addition and the test from the imp was so tiny, I probably won’t be able to track down any more of this once it’s gone completely. I am loving the buttered popcorn smell though, yummy!

Rating: 3

The is to the quite amazing Usagi, I got to try the lovely Gennivre. I'm an artist, so this blend appealed to me on that level.

The notes in this one are almost pure win. I say "almost" because tea can be iffy on me.

First sniff in the imp: Herm. I usually do NOT get a cleaning fluid vibe from lemony scents, but I did with this blend. Not an auspicious start.

But, if I've learned anything about BPALs its that they MUST be skin tested.

So I dabbed on a bit. Wow! It blooms into a beautiful sweet, minty, citrus tea! Gorgeous.

But oh, no! Here comes the tea. It stomps all over the more delicate aromas and leaves me with a not nearly so lovely perfume-y (in a bad way) smell.

I wish I could enjoy the tea scents because I'm a dedicated tea drinker, but this just doesn't work on me. Dang. Thought I would love this one from the description.

Oh wowww, this girl is yummy.

I thought this would be a light scent, but first applied it's all heavy, dark, gooey honey, then the honey is poured over orange blossoms, and finally the orange blossom and honey mixture is added to a hot cup of tea.

Eventually the tea, unstirred, is drunk and there are globs of tea-and-orange scented honey left over in the cup.

Further on I can detect a hint of warm mint that adds a lovely touch to the tea-and-orange honey. Very nice!

I'm happy with my imp for the time being, but Gennivre is definitely a blend to consider when the Carnaval comes back. :D

To my nose: I smell cold, honeyed tea with small smidges of mint here and there. I wanna say that it's a very floral tea, I'm guessing it might be the orange blossom that gives that vibe.

On: I wonder if this is the same type of honey used in Womb Furie? ..It smells a little bit like Playdough, just like WF does. The honey with mint is all I can smell. No hard edges here at all, like a little ball of playdough dipped in mint.

Then the orange blossom peeks out. A soft little citrus that's way too shy to break through the minty honey-ball. After a couple of minutes the orange blossom has gained enough confidence to break up the honey and mint. Now all I can smell is orange! The honey and mint are hiding behind the orange's back.

After about 30 min: I smell honey and vanilla with a tiny dab of lemon instead of orange. Where's the vanilla coming from?!

Two hours later: Cold, mint tea with milk, sweetend with honey.

Edited because of spelling boo boo's.

Edited by Missy_killer

In bottle:  Unusual and reminiscent of  a garden in early spring.  The tea leaf and lemongrass lend it an herbal, mint, and savoury weight vaguely resembling a certain Thai style soup I am fond of.   The floral and sweet elements balance beautifully with the herbal.  It is delicate and lovely and a pale green sort of scent.  Wet: Even more herbal on the skin.  I didn't expect to like this, but I really do.  It's more complex than ingredients might suggest and unexpected.  As it warms the mint comes out more, suggesting early spring chill.  It's a lovely mint note, but possibly a little too strong on me.  Dry: Soft savoury tea leaf green.