Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Alecto

Olive leaf, raspberry leaf, vetiver and cedarwood.

In the imp: I can detect all of the notes. My nose does not think that they smell very good together in the imp, but maybe that will change upon wear?

Wet: Both leaf notes are quite prominent, but the vetiver and cedarwood aren't far behind. The vetiver is getting stronger, but the olive leaf note ends up being the dominant note (followed by the raspberry leaf). I'm not particularly fond of this thus far.

Dry: Pretty much the same. Olive leaf, followed by raspberry leaf, followed by vetiver, and finally, cedarwood. The vetiver is stronger than it was during the wet phase, giving the scent a smoky quality.

Verdict: This one isn't for me.

How did I miss that vetiver was a note in this? The vetiver here actually is pretty tame and behaves itself. It blends with the cedarwood to give a wet, woodsy scent. Overall, this is a dark green forest-y scent. Not unpleasant, but very masculine to my nose.

It starts off sweet and is very reminiscent of basil to me. After and hour it goes off into the ether. Not a scent for me!

Edited by Malaena

Considering that vetiver can be a death note on me, and cedar can quickly get overwhelming on me, this is quite a nice woodsy scent for me. Nothing overpowers, and it it's a balance of leafy greeness with woods. I even thought it was sandalwood at first, but I think that may be the cedar and vetiver dancing together. Not necessarily a keeper, but does give me hope for more cedar scents on me, in the right balance.

Wet on my skin, raspberry leads, prominent. An agreeable berry.

From the other listed notes, I mainly get cedarwood at first, with a dribble of olive here and there. To my nose, the raspberry and cedar kind of work and blend, but the olive smells oily and strange; I don't think I like it with the raspberry. It smells a little like we're trying to make a meal that uses up whatever is about to go bad in the kitchen.

I don't get more than a shadowy hint of the vetiver. It seems to mostly hide in the roots of the cedar.

This configuration of notes doesn't excite me.

Alecto is fascinating. Starts off strongly smelling like raspberries (yay!) but the wood smells weirdly like pine when wet. It's not bad, just unexpected! Once it starts drying the wood gets its act together and starts smelling like proper cedar. I also start to get that olive note, but it's nice and subtle. The raspberry fades at this point. Vetiver dirties everything up when full dry, but not too unpleasantly. At this point it smells kinda musky and medicinal, but then the raspberry gets its second wind and sweetens things up.

This isn't the sort of thing I usually wear but I really dig it! The only bad part was that brief medicinal stage. Otherwise this smells really interesting. Not sure if it's bottle worthy but I'll definitely keep the imp. :D

Woody and fruity. Smells more like raspberry fruit than leaf? It's rather masculine, to my nose. It almost smells minty? I dunno, this one is weird on me.

Initially a LOT of sharp cedar on me, but dries down - eventually - to a lovely raspberry balanced out by a whisper of remaining cedar and vetiver.

The vetiver was a little strong for me in the wet stage but dry it's a beautiful smoky/grassy base, with the other notes floating around it. The cedar is very light, the raspberry leaf stands out most after the vetiver to me. It reads more masculine to me so I don't know how often I would wear it, but I'll need to try it on my guy.

Imp: cedar and raspberry
Wet On Me: cedarwood
Drying Down: mostly cedar
Dry: soft cedarwood.

Alecto was a frimp from the Lab! Thanks Lab! :wub3:

Wet, this is kind of smoky for just a few minutes, and then settles down into a really nice pine scent. It doesn't smell like vetiver and it doesn't smell like cedar--somehow, the two are making magical alchemy together and smelling like pine instead. I'm not sure exactly what raspberry leaf smells like, but if it bears a resemblance to the fruit, I think that's what creates just a little bit of sweetness on the back end here. It reminds me somewhat of Christogenniatiko Dentrophobia, except without the tobacco phase that I didn't like in C.D.

Alecto is surprisingly comforting, and has kind of a wild innocence about it. I feel like this isn't the kind of Fury who comes for you when you kill your relatives, but one of the Black Furies from Werewolf the Apocalypse, guarding a long-lost temple out in the woods against evil logging companies or something. And in fact, I'm wondering how this would layer with Wolf Moon 2016. This one's wood with a tiny hint of berry, that one's berry with a tiny hint of wood--I feel like it could work!

In the imp, it smells like nail polish. On my skin, it is green leaves when you crush them between your fingers and the woody cedar, with some berry-like sweetness. I really like it.

Ahh yes, vetiver. A whole whaft of it right as I open the imp - let's let this settle for a bit - but so far I'm getting that, and the olive leaf coming in strongly. The woodyness comes in after 10 minutes and then it..... fades. Left with the slightest bit of olive scent, but otherwise... nada. Huh.

My first impression is of dried herbs. More than anything else, it's dry. It's one of the least sweet scents I've ever tried, with just a hint of herby sweetness in the background. It's almost bitter, but in a good way. After an hour it's mellowed a little, and become slightly more woody, and after five hours it's almost gone entirely. I struggle to find the right word to describe it. It's not exactly harsh, because that suggests unpleasantness somehow and it's not at all unpleasant. Austere perhaps? I think it evokes dry, barren rocks and vultures and forgotten tombs. And I love it.

Edited by Tungerine