Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Tushnamatay

Pure internal harmony and spiritual bliss: the perfected meditation blend.

there's a store in atlanta called "the junkman's daughter" ... i worked there for a bit, and still shop there when i'm nearby...
and if you wander near the incense section (where they have a bit of everything this is what that aisle smells like.

(my fuzzy, pink buddha coin bank that i bought a couple months ago still smells this way)

almost vanilla, almost spice, almost floral... but not quite. nice but a little generic.

that didn't stop me from buying a bottle, though :P
for days when *i* feel a little nice but generic. :D

my nose must be crazy; in the imp, and when I first put this on, I smell bananas! after it dries a bit, I can smell some light spices and something mellow. Tushnamatay fades quickly on my skin, but it's a relaxing scent while it lasts.

At first, soft floral with an edge - I think the word I'm looking for is piquant. Nice, but I'm not sold.

Later, the incense and woods come out to play. Now, I'm sold. This is lovely and calming. Doesn't last long, though.

Some kind of floral. Soft and kind of powdery. On my skin this smells exactly like Bubble Tape (the gum that comes rolled up inside a plastic case), but it's very faint. Then it begins to smell of latex and baby oil. Very strange.

In the bottle: jasmine (bad start).

On my skin: jasmine and sandalwood. Very soapy.

After a couple of hours: jasmine and sandalwood, some other flowers as well, I think. It doesn't morph all that much and fades quite quickly.

Verdict: well, jasmine curse, you know. It's a pity most "peaceful" oils have jasmine in them. Jasmine makes me feel many things, but not quiet or calm for sure :P

This is a familiar, calming smell. It's lightly sweet, creamy and resinous. I want to say nag champa, and maybe some sandalwood, too. It's more straightforward than a lot of the BPALs I've tried. Smells pretty single-note-like, and doesn't morph on my skin. I used to have a thin cotton hippy dress that smelled like this. Youthful, earthy, mellow associations here.

I have no idea what is in this but mmmm... it's good ....

in the imp, it's sweet, and reminds me vaguely of something candied. Powdered candied, rather than sharp candied. There is something vaguely chocolatey in there, not sure if I expected it, but I'll go with it.

On skin, it's really sweet, creamy ... it smells both familiar and strange at the same time... I think I'd be more in the mood for this if it were less warm (surprise surprise, Melbourne's decided to make something of the spring and give me weather where I can wear a t-shirt and not freeze! Two days in a row, even!), so I'm going to hang on to the imp for another day...

On me, this is a very faint, sweet sandalwood. Sandalwood tends to fade to nothing on my skin, so this one doesn't have as much oomph as I'd like. Still, it's a soothing and grounding scent, and I'll probably keep the imp.

Sweet and soft, and I agree that it's a nice meditation blend. I get sandalwood and cedar with something else that adds sweetness and warmth.

Unfortunately, it was gone in about a half hour. That tends to happen with me and sandalwood and cedar though. Whatever else is in it isn't enough to let it hang on for awhile.

If it had more ooomph on my skin, I'd probably buy a bottle.

Another scent to add to my LOVE! pile.

I wear this when I think I'm going to have a particularly stressful day. It's calm, light, and just soothing. There are no harsh edges, no sharp notes, nothing jarring at all, just smooth lovely light flowers with calming incense on top. I agree with the nag champa comparison earlier, but it's not as strong as pure incense. There's sandalwood for sure, one of my favourite deep scents.

In vial: It´s sweet and comforting.

On me: It´s complex, I can´t identificate the notes in this, only the pachouli, it´s calming and warm.

I find it very similar to Morocco without the spices, I like Morocco better.

I'm not even going to attempt to guess the notes, even when they're listed I have a hard time picking out anything more specific than "floral" or "spicy."

In the imp: soft flowers, edged with what might be sandalwood.

Initial application: same, though it starts fading almost immediately.

Drydown: just before its amazingly quick fadeout (second only to Sudha Segara on my skin), it develops this odd...green scent, not floral green, but a smooth, almost spearmint-like green. I like mint, I like flowers, I'm not so crazy about them together. Then again, it could just be my weird skin chemistry. My initial verdict was to send it to the swap pile, not just because of the quick fade but because of that unexpected minty edge, but I may hang onto it a bit longer. The scent in the imp and upon first application might be enough to make it a keeper, I'll try it again another time.

Smiley rating: :P

When I smell this in the bottle, I begin to wonder if I've just got the wrong idea of what sandalwood smells like. Because other people have said this smells like sandalwood, but it mostly smells like citrus to me. Then I try again a little later, and find myself more able to detect the earthy notes that do begin to say "sandalwood" to me. Yay! Perhaps my nose was just contaminated by something else the first time around.

On me, though, it went back to a sort of sweet citrus smell at first... and then started to smell like bubble gum. And that was pretty much it. After a while I started to think I might smell the sandalwood starting to come out, but it never quite made it.

a floral blend, with a soft touch of incense. i’m not sure what kind of flowers, but maybe something tropical? there’s something the smells faintly of banana. and i think it must share something in common with Malice, because it has that same “Ban de Soleil” tanning gel scent. i wonder if it’s the clove and ylang ylang? whatever’s in this, it is a sweet and comforting scent, with the florals nicely balanced by the incense resins to keep it from being too flowery.

this smells strikingly like arcana. it's rosemary that i think i'm smelling as the most distinctive note, but i fully admit i'm not expert at identifying notes. all i know is, this is VERY similar to arcana. There are different aspects to it and as it dries down i think i can see what people are saying about sandalwood - it's stepping out some there. I also feel like maybe there's some lemongrass in here.

I'm not sure exactly what this smells like. Kind of gentle herbs with some spices, and something even a little creamy underneath. It smells a tad sour on me for some reason, so I let my husband try it. On him it smelled very feminine. I still can't tell what's in this, even after smelling it on him.

I can see this being a good meditation blend; it smells like a good calming and grounding scent

In the vial: light, soft, powdery florals.

On the skin: Plastic. Honestly, smells like one of my old My Little Pony toys. Still floral, very feminine. Bits of baby powder and lemon to me. Oh well. I can see why it's a meditation blend.

TushnamataySS.jpg

This was a nice scent to wear yesterday. I wanted something for a quiet family day, something for thinking. Something for just being.

In the imp: sweet and gentle, with a little edge.

Wet on skin: Still nice and gentle, soothing and deep.

Dry: A sort of woodsy vanilla, but the vanilla is so mild that I can wear it without feeling ill. Yay!

Verdict: Like I said, a nice mild scent which is conducive to thought, good for a quiet and meditative day.

Edited by stellans

In the bottle: Sandalwood & something else I can't place.

First on: Sandalwood & vanilla! Dear lord the boy would love this.

Drydown: The vanilla is a bit stronger, but it hasn't changed much at all

Overall: Not quite for me, but I'll give it to the boy and see if it has enough sandalwood in it for his taste.

no idea whats in it....lol

i tried it on myself and it gave me a little headache...but when i used it in a burner, it was a beatiful scent that did help me relax.

This is sooo beautiful :P Perfect summer bpal. Sandalwood + incense + some florals (someone mentioned bananas? yes, that's it, sweet warm fruity scent, but very dry and balanced). very soft. I'm dying. need to get a bottle of this. Not very long lasting, though.

Edited by Kosyena

To me, Tushnamatay is wood and floral, but it's so light that it's hard to be sure. It's pretty, though, but definitely not me -- I want a scent with real presence. I think I'll pass this on to someone else.

In the imp: Sandalwoody?

On skin: Sandalwoody and fragrant, but barely there.

On Drydown: I think the fragrant floral is either jasmine or lavender, or perhaps a combination of both. But again, barely there.

Verdict: This reminds me to Namaste. I think I prefer the lemongrass smell in Namaste though. In any case, I know of someone who will appreciate this more than I.