Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Tushnamatay

Pure internal harmony and spiritual bliss: the perfected meditation blend.

What the heck happened here? In the bottle... beautiful. It was everything the more positive reviews were saying - sensuous, comfortable, warm and inviting. I had seriously high hopes for this. It was all sandalwoody goodness. And then, I put it on. After about 10 minutes of yummy something started smelling... odd. I sniffed around my entire office before reluctantly putting my nose to my wrist. Yup, that smell... was coming from me. Somehow, it went from cozy warm goodness - to Play-Doh. To the swaps pile it is!

Tushnamatay is a very soft fragrance that won't overproject. I smell predominantly sandalwood and vanilla, with something floral (jasmine or something) on top. It fades fairly quickly on me, with just a light amount of sandalwood lingering. It's nice, but not terribly exciting. However if you're looking for something that's just a soft calming fragrance, this might be it.

I've been trying to figure out how to review this intelligently, but I can't because I cannot make even a little bit of sense of what notes comprise this gorgeous blend.

What I can say is that it is very soft, subtle, close to the skin. The overall impression is slightly sweet. It has no sharp spikes of smell, it's just a very calm, level blend that stays pretty much the same and does not change... i.e. "the perfected meditation blend". I really like to wear it before bed. :)

I was so ready for "Tush" to smell like ass, but oh how it doesn't. It smells a bit like Khajuraho and is a new GC favorite.

There may be some lotus, or rose, or champaca, or honey in it but no one note really predominates.

Definitely the perfect headshop blend.

In bottle: Flowers?

On skin: Flowers. Since I've just tried it, I know for sure there's nag champa note in it. It's sweeter and lighter than Midnight on the Midway, though, and no smoke. Vanilla is prominent.

Drying: This gets very, very dirty more than MotM even. More of the incense than the vanilla now. It's okay, but a weaker version of MotM so I don't need to keep it.

I wasn't quite sure what I was smelling until I read a few reviews, but now I can detect the sandalwood in this.

It's absolutely GORGEOUS, I definitely need a 5ml of this. Bewitching Brews has some really perfect scents, I love it. Sadly my bank account doesn't..

So light it's barely detectable, but from what I can smell it's a soft vanilla-y sandalwood. It's very pleasant but it's so faint! This certainly wouldn't distract you if you were going to use it for meditation, though--I guess that's the point.

This is such a calming and soft blend. It is floral but there is something else there that is centered. Sandalwood? Vanilla? I can't tell (and wouldn't know anyway) But I do know that Tushnamatay is a favorite.

Imp: something foodie sweet but tempered by

something citrus and green

Wet on Me: chocolate , sandalwood and something

green now faintly in the background

Drying Down: Now the food scent is fading into incense.

I still swear it’s a lovely sandalwood. Not so much the

green vibe now.

Dry: This is the perfect meditation blend. I could meditate

to an incense of this burning for hours. Very nice. Very soothing.

Very, very reminiscent of Nag Champa, but ... not. This is its own blend, not a Nag Champa knockoff, less in-your-face than NC and softer.

It stayed close to the skin, but not so close as to be impossible to find without rooting around like a piggie after truffles.

I enjoyed it, but it's not the scent family I wear these days -- my tastes have moved on from incense to resins.

Nice, very innoffensive. Soft, doesn't last extremely long. You could wear this to a yoga class without pissing anyone off. Good scent if you're not feeling too well but want to wear something lovely.

This one is a no go for me. gave me a headache. must be something like jasmine or tuberose of those sorts in there. i get the same effect from Delight and Rapture. Got a bit of the sandalwoody after dry down but the flowers are still amping like crazy.

Oooh wow. Lab frimp in my most recent order and I will definitely be purchasing a bottle soon.

This is sandalwood, cloves, and frankincense on my skin. Very sensual, resinous, and mysterious.

Throw is average on my skin and wears off in about 2 hours. Worth the re-application though.

Makes me swoon. :wub2:

I love this. It smells like sandalwood mostly to me, like the white sandalwood in Kuang Shi. It's also sweet, maybe fig? I'm not sure. It's beautiful. Unfortunately it is so faint, has no throw, I can barely smell it. It fades very fast. I've gone through half an imp the past 3 hours just reapplying and trying to trick it into coming alive. I put it in a scent locket and that wasn't any help either.

Fortunately it's similar enough to Kuang Shi that I will just get a bottle of the latter and not feel too sad.

-Upon opening the bottle... JASMINE!!!! This one screams jasmine and that's about it. However, once I put it on I get JASMINE and sandalwood. After about 5 minutes, the jasmine starts to fade off and it's a nice, sultry mix but still a little flowery for me. After roughly 20-30 minutes, the jasmine has tapered off and I get a *very* pleasant sandalwood with a hint of jasmine and true vanilla. The only problem I have with it is that it fades off completely too quickly - 2-3 hours. Maybe I just need to disperse it more. I definitely need a full bottle of this one.

Smells like light citrus and vanilla in the imp, to me. The citrusy note almost seems floral.. like an orange creamicle almost ;)

Becomes a little drier over time.. I can see why people say sandalwood. It really opens up and I can smell so many other notes like flowers and cloves and dust.

I'd love to have a bottle, but I must do a full application/full day test before I make a decision, cause I hate fast faders!

ETA: WTF? 20 min later this is straight up old lady rose :huh: No thanks!

Edited by MCS4096

all the way through from imp to dry it's sweet and light. it's just very slightly spicy with a hint of something fruity and floral. it takes on a more sandalwood edge as it's on the skin. it is very soothing and reminds of the incense that the store that i buy my oils and herbs from uses.

Imp: Sweet, earthy sandalwood.

Wet: The points on the sandalwood go away and leave a smooth scent with a hint of spice.

Dry: Oh, this is nice. It smells like...clean. It's very relaxing.

Sorry...I can't really be more specific. :blush:

Wet, the notes of what seems to be air, myrrh and rose (or some kind of flower) is barely there in the background. It seems very grounded and soft, my notes can barely pick up any of the notes. There is almost a linen note in the blend, kind of what is used to Dirty. As it dries a faint wineish note comes to the top, it's hard to discern. It could be wine, it could be a certain grape, either way it mingles with the notes in a very calming soothing way. This blend is definitely very good for meditation, sniffing it clears my thoughts to a gentle rumble. The smell stays close to skin allowing one to become completely immersed in thoughts. Out of a lot of incensey blends, I like this one a lot. It's a very comforting smell to me. I will keep the imp, and once I run out of a few incensey blends I own; I may even purchase a bottle.

:::TUSHNAMATAY:::

Tushnamatay is very nice.

It's not much of a challenge to associate this with a meditative state of mind.

Internal harmonies are easily achieved with the blissed out olfactory harmonics rendered by this blend.

Were there such a thing as the aromatic equivalent of a gong or singing-bowl, this would be it.

From the Imp: From here, it seems like Sage, Blue Lotus, and Daffodils.

These are the very first ripples across the mirrored surface of a morning pond.

There is something verdant and refreshing in this blend... Juniper or Pine, that gives Tushnamatay a pure, almost illuminated feel.

Skinward: While the coniferous quality of Tushnamatay amps, the formula as a whole descends into softness and subtlety...

This is an Alpine wind whispering about the coming of winter's first snow; the flow of sap has slowed to a standstill,

and the high-pitched song of icicles harmonizes with the twinkling starlight.

The ingenuity behind Tushnamatay is humbling.

This is indeed the perfect meditation blend.

Tushnamatay would be the perfect vessel to drift away into a state of personal Nirvana.

Divinely unisex fragrance.

Exquisite for any occasion.

4.9 out of 5.

Soft, smoky floral with undercurrents of sandalwood. Understated, but completely lovely.

Tushnamatay smells like vanilla marshmallow powder with a tiny touch of sandalwood or cedar. It's something I would normally love, but it is so soft and weak that I can barely sniff it, even in the imp. Once I put it on, even slathered like crazy, it is barely noticeable. Low on sillage and staying power. I'll give it 3 3/4 out of 5. Seems girly to me, pretty and somehow "fluffy".