Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Arcana

In the imp: straight lavender. after a couple of sniffs I detect a faint lemony edge far away.

On my skin: wow it changed so fast it's like a different scent. Very sharp lemon, which is not my fave scent to be honest. It's so strong that I can't smell any other notes.

After 5 minutes: the lemon has toned down quite a bit, and now the other notes are coming through. Lemon or verbena is still here but then combined with some smokiness and herbs. It smells quite nice, though a bit lighter than my usual liking. I hope the duskiness will keep on increasing.

After 30 minutes: a woodsy scent has appeared. hhmm!!

Edited by Niniel0205

I get a lot of rosemary in this one, interestingly enough. It's herbal and pleasant, but reminds me strongly of Vick's Vapo-Rub, though it isn't as harsh and sharp as that is. I do like the herbal smell, and I enjoy smelling it, but I'm not sure it's what I want to smell like. Maybe I'll add some to a closet freshener or something like that 

Received as a lab frimp.  In the vial, I can't figure out what this smells like other than "green."

After putting it on:  smells like I shoved an entire rosemary plant up my nose with a touch of something wintergreen-y.  As it dries, neroli/verbena take over, but there's still a strange wintergreen scent lingering in the background.

This one isn't really doing it for me.

I had an imp from about a year ago, & received another recently. The new one is a darker oil, also deeper smell. The earlier version is light colored, & more floral. This new one has more bang!

Wet, it's a pile of astringent herbs. Lavender is the strongest with rosemary a close second. As it dries, a lemony sweetness appears, the verbena? It transforms into an herbal sweet lemon scent, which is quite nice.

A greenish, purple haze up to no good. Strong, sharp notes of rosemary and lavender, softened somewhat by the remaining ingredients.

Strong, almost bitter, herbalness--all rosemary and lavender. I can't say I'm a big fan of either. I was really hoping for much more frankincense. A greenish purple haze is an excellent description of what Arcana smells like.