Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A refreshing scent! GET IT?! Aloe, white musk, lime peel, fresh mint, seaspray, verbena and green tea.

This one is lovely and light. Wet, it reminds me of freshly washed greens and citris after a trip to the market. Once I put it on, I can smell a light touch of mint with the rest of everything in it.

As the day draws on, I pick up more on the aloe with the slightest bit of mint behind it. I like how cool and refreshing (haha) this scent smells. :P

I did notice it is starting to fade very quickly. I wish the throw and life was a wee bit longer, but the rejuvinating nature of the scent is just SO good that it makes up for it.

ETA scent description (didn't realize I made a new page). Edited by LupaWulf

On me this is mostly aloe and white musk, with a green background. The lime peel is remarkably sweet (this may be because of the combination with the green tea, which usually turns sweet on my skin). Not even a hint of mint sadly to my nose, and given that verbena normally amps like crazy on my skin, it's doing a good job at staying very subtle here, so much so that if it wasn't listed in the notes, I may never have picked it out. It's a very fresh, green scent overall.

Edited by lilacea

In the bottle: Almost colourless pale yellow oil. Fresh, clean, green and citrusy. Green tea, verbena, aloe, and seaspray.

Wet: Same, with a bit of mint and a tiny hint of lime. The mint makes this feel sort of cool and sweet - it's spearmint. Very interesting! It, the piney green tea and verbena are now dominating, making this very green indeed.

Dry: Slow drying. This reminds me of strongly of Shanghai (especially with that strong green tea note, especially immediately on my skin), though the verbena here is lighter, and there is the strong mint note. The lime was gone within 5 seconds, as usual.

Later: The white musk has amped and is a bit sharp and sweet, which along with powerful spearmint makes me think of gum. This stops just short of being soapy with that clean slightly cologney aquatic seaspray. Verbena lighter, but green tea going strong. Aloe is a sturdy backdrop.

Summary: The aquatic note in this totally reminds me of the one in Ebisu, and is the only type of oceanic note that doesn't go to complete soap. It's salty-aquatic, spearmint Shanghai with a bit of sweet, bright musk and soft aloe. Decent throw and lasting power. Unisex.

It's not enough of a 'me' scent to be bottleworthy, but quite pleasant.

This reminds me SO MUCH of a green tea perfume I used to wear a lot. In fact, when I came downstairs with F5 on, my husband said "You smell like old school Missy."

I get a little bit of citrus with it, but not a whole lot - probably my fault, really, because all I can think about is that perfume I used to wear!

It's a really light, clean scent - I bought it in January but decided to start wearing it as the weather warmed up, as it is a great summer scent. So glad I stumbled upon this one!

Fresh, clean, light, summery. Definitely a light green - almost chartreuse - scent.

Perfect for summer. Totally different from my usual florals and foodies.

:P

I can't pick out any specific notes or anything on this one. All I can say is it's PERFECT, AMAZING, GORGEOUS and my new favourite!!

It's love :P

This is so fresh and crisp, a terrific hot weather scent. The lime in particular really sands away from my skin. It actually reminds me quite a bit of Envy but without the floral/herbal note.

I'm going to have to make the wee imp I was gifted with last:)

Definitely a clean, almost sporty scent!

From the bottle, a bright note of lime dominates and I am almost leery that this will be too masculine for me. When wet on the skin I whiff light clear, mint and green tea, clean and refreshing. I adore green tea...When it dries the white musk and sea spray soften the aloe and verbena and the scent becomes warm and feminine.

This is a great daytime scent appropriate for any workplace...soft but not powdery on me.

:P

In a twist of fate where the universe laughs at me:

Calico Jack who apparently smells just like my husband's grandmother (I still think it's totally unfair his grandma smelled like a pirate :D specifically, my favorite pirate blend) meet F5 which smells exactly like MY Nana. She must wear some kind of green tea perfume, because this is my Nana. It smells just like when I lean down and hug her :P This is not a bad thing! Anytime I want to be transported straight to her house in scent form I will pop the cap on F5. Yup, green tea and mint. Who knew?

In The Bottle

Slightly minty aquatic

On Application

Green tea and lime. Reminds me of a less sweet Shanghai

Dry Down

Very much like Shanghai, which is one of my favourites, but without the warm sweetenss of the honeysuckle. Very nice and summery.

Rating (0-5)

I can't even begin with this one. I can't pick out any particular note, but I LOVE this scent. It's very very clean smelling. I like it much more on dry down than I did wet.

I dunno, it just reminds me of someone who's just gotten out of the shower.

OK - I got the immediate mint from the imp, now it's settled into a fabric softenery kinda scent. Yes, it's the green tea coming out I think. hm. Not sure it's a winner. :(

In vial: a fascinating combination. At first sniff it was lemony, then aloe, salty sea spray and mint emerged!

Wet on skin: mostly mint, tea and sea spray over pale musk, but undeniably refreshing! Masculine? Very unusual.

Dry on skin: minty musk - not what I was expecting at all! A gentleman's cologne. Extremely short wear length - there's not much left after an hour!

I was on the hunt for a light, refreshing perfume to wear on hot summer days, and acquired this one based on the description alone. Wet in the bottle, this smells almost exactly like a particular brand of bottled iced green tea flavored with citrus, honey and sugar. I almost want to drink the stuff, not wear it! On the skin, it's pretty much exactly the same. Light, sugary green tea with hints of citrus. As it dries, the mint comes out a bit more and then poof! Vanishing act after a couple of hours.

It does need some maintenance because it fades so quickly, but it's very light so I imagine I'll be reaching for it on sultry days where I want something light and fresh, without any cloying florals.

This blend is absolutely amazing! It's totally green while still in the bottle. Lime and green tea were the main notes I detected at first wiff. But once it was on my skin, the white florals and musks came out which I love but it didn't last long after drying down. -_-

It's a fantastic scent. Too bad it doesn't last longer on the skin. Still, it's nice for a sniff right out of the bottle.

F5

Awesome. Green tea and aloe. After reading the description, I can also smell the seaspray. A perfect summer scent.

Anyhow, in the imp it's a bit plasticky, but with a sharp, slightly sweet note over the top. On the wrist, I'm getting citrus and grass. On drydown, it's still pleasant, but my mind is reminded of anti-perspirant scents.

Drat. After 40 minutes, it's soap. Pleasant enough for the half-hour, but not worth keeping.

I was looking for another refreshing summer scent to wear, so I got a decant of this.

In the imp, I wasn't really sure, it kinda smelled soapy, but I gave it a try!

......................Yeah........... soap. Maybe a little seas pray in there, but, still soap.

In the swap pile it goes.

It's clean and fresh aloe, verbena, and white musk.

snagged a bottle of this.

vastly disappointing on me.

in bottle: Shanghai like.

wet: A bit of verbena and shanghai.

on: well that didn't last long. no throw and my skin ate it in under 15 minutes. If I huff my wrist I get a bit of Shanghai.

off to the bottle selling box.

In bottle: a very fresh, clean scent. With limes.

Wet: Limes and mint, with a touch of musk.

Drydown: Very refreshing citrus with a touch of salt

Later: Now I’m getting the green tea. Wonderful scent, although I’m going to set my bottle aside now and wait until summer to wear this again.

[in bottle:/b] Very fresh! One of few LAB oils which smells like a custom commercial body spray!

[On me: I feared the musk, but this is my new favorite. Dior wish they had made this. FANTASTIC/b]

This is a review of an aged bottle.

In the bottle: Pretty much a green tea single note. This is not a bad thing; especially happy to find no trace of the seaspray.

On skin, wet: Green tea and a bit of tartness; can't tell if it's lime peel or verbena, it's just a nice undertone to the green tea.

On skin, dry: Still pretty much the same as it was wet. Not a morphing scent, really.

After an hour: Stays true, and doesn't fade to nothing like so many tea scents do on me.

Jebus, this is a weird one on me. In the first fifteen seconds I put it on, it smells like men's cologne. A very clean men's cologne with not many deep bass notes, but cologne nonetheless. In the first fifteen minutes, it turns into a sugared mint, and I recognize the white musk and aloe.

Unfortunately, I already have blends that give me seaspray (Cthulhu) and citrus-white musk-aloe (Embalming Fluid) and I don't much care for the mint, so this is going the way of the swap box.