Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
viciousviolet

Jabberwocky

An earthy yet buoyant scent: pine, eucalyptus and orange.

A nose/sinus clearing blend. Holy hell I love it. Pine, eucalyptus and orange, some of my most favorite notes.
It is bright, crisp and outdoorsy. Jabberwocky is me bottled. Edited by Schmoozy

When I first put this on I was a little apprehensive because of exactly how strong it smelled of pine and eucalyptus, but now after a few minutes it has softened into a beautiful melody of sweet orange and eucalyptus on my skin that I rather like. This is kinda nice!

Imp: Smells like a Xmas tree

Wet: Still all pine tree

Dry Down: Pine still, but eucalyptus is beginning to emerge and I can finally smell the orange.

Still, a little too woodsy for me.

Sniffing from the imp, I get a dose of herbally eucalyptus. A very nice wake-up. When wet on the skin, a cool blast of citrus and pine. As it dries, the green settles. I step into a sparkling green forest with sun peeking through green boughs. Fresh and clean!

This was a fresh imp from the lab. An uncomplicated scent that I'll be holding on to!

i put this on without sniffing or reading whats in it.

it is medicinal like vaporub and boy does it make me sneeze.

pine hates my skin.

this might be good as a room scent around the holidays, i have a fake tree thats reused every year...

Jabberwocky came whiffling through the tulgey wood... and was all pine and eucalyptus when it did!

Initially on, this was crisp and pungent--all pine and eucalyptus. After a half hour or so, I could start to smell some orange in the mix. Unfortunately, the mix of notes reminded me of nothing so much as house-cleaning supplies (I even use orange-scented dishsoap at home!). The orange is a close-to-the skin scent... further away, it's all pine, only pine, truly pine... pine to the nth degree...

But at two hours in, something starts to go sour on me. Oh, woe is me! What is this? A definite sour note emerges, mixed in with the still-dominant pine. I suspect that it could be the orange, though I'm not sure.

How sad! I'll try this again and see if the sourness was a one-time-deal or not. It was fun, though, to try something out that was such a new combination of notes. I wonder if it would layer well?

in the imp: bright pine and eucalyptus

on me: at first, very bracing pine and eucalyptus. It even feels cooling on my skin. Then it morphs to very nice pine with something not very nice and soapy.

dry: gone faint and musty. Dried pine sap, perhaps.

Sadly, not for me. This would make a very nice Holiday room scent, or cologne, for someone who had very dissimilar skin chemistry to mine.

in the imp: christmas pine! :D

wet on skin: same- that sweet fir that only can be gotten from fresh xmas trees in the house. :P

dry down: same.

in all: a perfect holiday time oil, i would put this in an oil burner during yule or christmas eve in a heart beat. as perfume to wear however, i think i'll pass.

:D

Hehehehe pine and eucalyptus alright when wet! Ooh, the sweet orange is coming out a minute later. This seems like a perfect Christmas time scent - this is what those holiday candles in the mall WISH they smelled like :P Ack! This is so good. Buoyant and fresh with a dark depth that makes me think of curling up in a fort of pine boughs. Fantastic!

Pine!

Eucalyptus!

Orange!

The orange, as others have noted, is a delicate back note with some really quite pushy neighbors. This is gorgeous though, slather it on when you get a cold! Brighten up the house for the holidays!

This isn't one of those elegant BPALs that is well blended, rife with subtletly, and morphing from one moment to the next. This is about a subtle as a wheelbarrow full of bricks. It is direct, and it smells AWESOME! It is happy, and bright, and clean, and fresh!

I'm thrilled to have a bottle of this. I'm going to go sprinkle some around the house, then anoint the bathtub. I might leave it in the bathroom for dropping a bit of oil in the bowl to cut through lingering biologic odors. I'm going to add a drop to my hairbrush, and a drop to my sock drawer.

:P

It's funny, because when I opened the first page of reviews for Jabberwocky, I noticed that the first review calls it a great summer scent. I get the exact opposite feeling from it! I don't know if it's because it's winter now, but the pine and sweet orange make this a wonderful scent for this time of year.

It's so sweet and bright and cheerful - like a fresh pine bough weighed down by a garland of orange slices and cranberries. I absolutely love it from the moment it goes on. It makes me happy.

1st Me: You smell like a strong cleaner.

2nd Me: But its invigorating!

1st Me: Like a foot cream...

2nd Me: But its yummy! Pine and orange goodness! And that cool tree kohala bears eat!

1st Me: Strong. Cleaning. Product.

2nd Me: BUT I LOVES IT!!!

Pine, eucalyptus, and sour! I don't know why I was drawn to this in the first place... eucalyptus is a tricky note, and paired with pine? Smells a bit like a cleaning product. That impression isn't helped much by the emergence of the orange note after a few minutes. Eesh. After another ten minutes it's changed a bit because the eucalyptus is already all but gone, and what's left is orange and pine, of course. Stripped of the loud eucalyptus note, I can notice that the orange is very, very real smelling, and the pine smells real, too. So... all in all, pretty Christmassy. Reminds me of the potpourri my boyfriend's mother puts around the house every winter. It's not an offensive smell, but not something I'd wear as a perfume.

This smells like an orange mentholated cough drop. With a hint of grapefruit. :blink: Not bad...would definitely wear it when I am sick as I supposed it would be the only thing I could smell anyways! :lol:

Oh gosh this is so unpleasant on me. I'm a bit weird with Pine scents anyway usually but this one has turned into to bleach on my skin.

I'm not getting any orange at all from it, it goes from pine to the smell of bleach very quickly. So so strange..

:(

Hmmm... eucalyptus and something sweet at first sniff. Once it's on the pine comes out. This smells really Christmas-y once the pine is mingling with the eucalyptus. This would be good to sniff right from the imp during a cold, lol. I don't really get orange from this, at least not the fruit. What I DO get is very pleasant wafts of a sugary candy - perhaps a bit fruity, but it's almost cotton candyish. It's definitely not a straight up fresh orange. This is unique and I really like it. It's not something I'd wear out but I think it'd be great as a room scent in my tart/oil warmer. On the fence on whether or not to keep it.. I dunno. Doesn't vanish on me, but goes quicker than I expected, because an hour later the nice candyish sweetness to it has nearly all vanished, which sucks as it had a good throw on me at first. Maybe it really was orange I was smelling, but a candied orange, or something made it smell like candy. Either way, orange disappears pretty fast on my skin. :(

I got an imp of this in a generous Pay it Forward from Sunshinedaisybliss!

Jabberwocky is like being smacked in the face by wet eucalyptus and pine branches. I once went into a sauna in Russia, where it was customary to gently beat yourself with pine branches, and this is very evocative of that experience!

Luckily, Jabberwocky does not break me out in hives, like the sauna did.

Like Loup Garou, which starts off smack-dab eucalyptus as well, Jabberwocky mellows out within minutes, leaving a subtler, lighter scent. Unlike Loup Garou, though, Jabberwocky doesn't quite seem to settle, and keeps on changing up the main notes.

Beautiful!

This is very noxema smelling initially... it mellows out to a nice pine then fades to nothing, all within a few minutes... orange and pine wouldve been nice, but I didnt get orange at all.

it smells like pine and eucalyptus with the faintest hint of orange. Very strong at first but dies down to a pleasant light pine needle and orange. I prefer sweet foody so this wasn't a hit but it was nice.

Edited by BuxomM

Even with the evergreen-heavy scent description, I had to get an imp of Jabberwocky. I mean, it's JABBERWOCKY! 'Twas brillig and all that!

I had forgotten the scent notes by the time I actually gotten around to trying it, though.

Upon application, the evergreen scent is far stronger than I expected. I could barely detect the orange.

So, it's a no for me, but my husband has agreed to try it out.

In bottle: Piney and eucalyptusy.

On me, wet: Pine and eucalyptus, and the fragrant orange begins to make an appearance. I didn’t think I would like wearing a scent with a pine note, but this is actually quite pleasant. I guess I like the clean sinus-clearing scents.

On me, drying: It’s fading down pretty quickly, and sometimes I catch a whiff of a faintly dusty/soapy smell.

On me, dry: It quickly got very faint. I just applied it a few minutes ago, and all I can smell now is a faint pineyness. Too bad – it was a winner when it was wet!

Verdict: Nice, but apparently very short-lived.