Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

A Little Lunacy

As of next month we will be starting to post Lunacy Oils every full moon. They will be in the Limited Edition section for exactly 12 hours on the day of the full moon [noon til midnight] and will feature a scent dedicated to the next month's full moon's theme. Time will be calculated PST. The schedule for the remainder of 2004 is as follows:

Red Moon [August] available July 2nd AND July 31st [see notes at the bottom of this post]

Harvest Moon [september] available August 29th

Hunter Moon [October] available September 28th

Frost Moon [November] available October 27th

Cold Moon [December] available November 26th

Wolf Moon [January] available December 26th

The scent will only be available within that 12 hour period so the we can ensure that our clients receive them prior to the next full moon. Details will be provided as soon as I finish wrestling with tonight's mini-update.

There is a Blue Moon in July of 2004, and to celebrate we will offer a special, limited edition Blue Moon perfume which will be available on the dark moon in June, specifically June 17th, from noon til midnight Pacific Standard Time. This scent will only be available during that 12 hour window, and will not come around til the next Blue Moon.

Can you tell I have something of a Lunar Fetish? :P

ooh, cool!

(evil, but cool!)

//eta: and this is totally more evil than me adding quicklinks to buy bottles of perfumes from the search engine results :P

W O W !!!!!

I am REALLY looking forward to THESE scents... my Lunar fascination is thanking yours :P

-Leslie

What a very lovely idea! I'd already been looking forward to the blue moon, and now my head is spinning at the concept of yet more limited editions!

A few questions: sorry to be pedantic about details :D

Like the other limited editions, will the scents be available in 5ml and 10ml quantities, but not as Imps? Standard prices?

Will a Paypal order sent to the new address or a CCNow order within the 12 hour window be sufficient to ensure one gets that oil, or do you need a special 'It's not 12 hours yet so I claim my oil, I'll Paypal you in a minute' email to reserve one?

And a query for anyone else, not just Beth / Lab Bods:

I've been trying to translate between UK time and BPAL-world time. Does this look about right to you?

I'm going to have that Type O Negative song in my head all day now that I've seen Wolf Moon! :P

This line may very well be the line that puts Beth so far over the top that she can REALLY get herself something... stylin' - I am still REELING.

*Super highlighing 'Witch's Calendar' as we speak*

Also... A friend of mine is getting married during Frost Moon - so I just found the PEFECT gift to present her with.

*SWOON*

-Leslie

Oh...no. *starts sobbing* This will be the death of me. I'm elated and tortured, at the same time. All I know is that I can NOT miss the Harvest Moon. (Oh, what am I talking about, I don't want to miss any.) Oh, be still my beating heart! Oh, woe is me!

*insert exploding smiley here*

ETA - Mental note: It's time to step up the whole job search thing!!

Edited by Requiem-of-Roses

And a query for anyone else, not just Beth / Lab Bods:

I've been trying to translate between UK time and BPAL-world time. Does this look about right to you?

It's right on the nose. In fact, I'm in California and it's 11:24 as I type, and since you posted at about 6am according to this forum, it looks to be absolutely correct. :P

Details will be provided as soon as I finish wrestling with tonight's mini-update

i was gonna stay up to add em, but there's work in oh 6 hours.

fuck the trains.

*squeeeeeeeeze*

btw did you get my note about mad tea party?

As of next month we will be starting to post Lunacy Oils every full moon. They will be in the Limited Edition section for exactly 12 hours on the day of the full moon [noon til midnight] and will feature a scent dedicated to the next month's full moon's theme. Time will be calculated PST. The schedule for the remainder of 2004 is as follows:

Red Moon [August] available July 2nd AND July 31st [see notes at the bottom of this post]

Harvest Moon [september] available August 29th

Hunter Moon [October] available September 28th

Frost Moon [November] available October 27th

Cold Moon [December] available November 26th

Wolf Moon [January] available December 26th

The scent will only be available within that 12 hour period so the we can ensure that our clients receive them prior to the next full moon. Details will be provided as soon as I finish wrestling with tonight's mini-update.

There is a Blue Moon in July of 2004, and to celebrate we will offer a special, limited edition Blue Moon perfume which will be available on the dark moon in June, specifically June 17th, from noon til midnight Pacific Standard Time. This scent will only be available during that 12 hour window, and will not come around til the next Blue Moon.

Can you tell I have something of a Lunar Fetish?  :P

Another query:

The notes at the bottom of the post pertain to the Blue Moon, not the Red Moon. Am I missing something?

Cross-posted to BPAL LJ

Available for 12 hours only?! Wow that's anxiety inducing! If I don't work those days I'm sooo going to be having nightmares about sleeping through the ordering window (unlikely sure, but ya never know).

Hmmm these dates seem like we might finally have a good use for the forum's calendar function. I'd been meaning to mark the sabbats, major holidays and full moons down there anyway, but this'll give me a kick in the ass to actually do it.

As of next month we will be starting to post Lunacy Oils every full moon. They will be in the Limited Edition section for exactly 12 hours on the day of the full moon [noon til midnight] and will feature a scent dedicated to the next month's full moon's theme.

Wow, this is the coolest idea ever! Go Beth! :P

Wow! This line sounds amazing!

One question:

Will there be limited quantities available as well, or will one be more-or-less guaranteed a bottle if one orders within the 12 hr period? Will there be a bottles-per-person limit?

eep!! i really need to get a new job..NOW. need to purchase bpal. *sigh****

:P I wont be in the office on the date of Harvest moon!

Can any of you computer wizards tell me how to set up an auto e mail?

Harvest moon is so near my birthday I HAVE to have some

:D

Wow!! These sound amazing. Thank you Beth. :P

I wont be in the office on the date of Harvest moon!

No technical solutions I'm afraid, the brain isn't on; but I'll either forward an email for you or add the bottle to my order and send it on. :D

:P  I wont be in the office on the date of Harvest moon!

:D

Do you have any public libraries in your area that have internet access? I know when I didn't have internet access for awhile, I went to the library if I needed anything. Might be worth checking out.

These sound really INTRIGUING. I'll be going mad to get home and order on those days. Blue Moon perfume............spectacular!!!

Oh no, I don't think I have enough money saved for all of these future updates. I' gonna have to get a second job!!

I hope you move goes smoothly today, Beth!

For anyone who might be wondering when this'll happen again, I've found a Blue Moon calculator :P

This is intriguing indeed. And perfect for European insomniacs who think impulse-buying will get them to sleep (ie me, occasionally)