Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
atomic*orange

Les Bijoux

Skin musk and honey, blood-red rose, orange blossom, white peach, red apple, frankincense and myrrh.

Oh, I am so in love with Les Bijoux! I thought I might like it because of all of the delicious notes listed, but I am blow away...

Les Bijoux is the perfect blend of blossoms, fruits, and musks. Sexy and soft, a cozy, warm fragrance.

I was so hoping that this would work well -- had been considering swapping for it, and got this as a frimp from the Lab. :P Apples, honey, myrrh -- what's not to like?

How 'bout a MIGRAINE? :D

I got a whiff of apples + honey before being overwhelmed by the utter perfumey-ness of this blend. I'm not sure what I amped, but my God, it was dreadful. I think skin musk is ok, since Brides of Dracula is an all-time favorite; I'm guessing it was the orange blossom or peach that went so horribly wrong. :D

Verdict: SWAP.

In the bottle - The apple and a tiny bit of rose.

Wet on me - Honeyed rose petals.

Dry on me - After flitting around as a pretty floral it settles into the resins, which dominate the dry down to the exclusion of all other notes.

Overall - I hoped for fruit and honey from this blend and I got flowers and earth, which were nice enough, but not really me.

unfortunately, the white peach and apple come out strongest on my skin, with the honey and musk in the background. i guess it smells good, but it's so not me. it reminds me of cough drops with a bit of floral. i think people who like fruity-florals would enjoy this though.

When I first put this on, I get a brief, sharp citrus note.

Apple appears next, with maybe a slight hint of honey rounding it out.

It dries down to a blend of spicy apple with a sort of woodiness to it. It actually makes me think of my grandmother's potpourri. I don't mean that in a bad way; it's a powerful and comforting scent memory. Though it doesn't have much in common with the naughty poem that inspired the blend. :P

Over the course of the day it actually does become sexy. It takes a while for the honey to arrive on the scene, but when it does, it's gorgeous. Between the honey and apple on my arm, I want to lick my wrist. Just yum.

The throw is mostly fruity with a sort of fresh, shampooy scent.

I love it.

Edit, six years later. What has happened with aging Les Bijoux is that the apple note is nearly gone. I get mainly peach, honey, and orange blossom. It feels like a close sister to Jezebel now. I think I love it even more now, and I have roughly fifty gallons of Poisoned Apple (another favorite) for my apple needs.

Another edit, oil aged 8 years: frankincense has really stepped forward. It's frankincense/apple/peach/something vaguely spicy. And still lovely.

Edited by lady_pandora

ooo, i'm surprised i haven't reviewed le bijoux, cause i love it! it's one of the few honey scents i can wear...honey usually turns sour and BO-ish on me, but not in les bijoux! just sweet honey, rose petals and fresh, crisp apple. a tiny bit of grounding from myrrh and sandalwood. i don't notice any peach at all, which is fine by me.

overall, very, very much :P . a big bottle is on my next order list.

Apple, honey, and orange bloosom, yum! This is pretty, sweet, but with a touch of "generic" perfume in the background. As it dries, the perfumey note clarifies into rose and the barest tinge of musk. After that point, however, this scent doesn't morph much. It stays sweet and light and sensual until it fades away.

The orange blossom and rose are very prominent, much more so than the apple. The honey/incense note is lovely, both lush and light. It is sister to The Brides of Dracula, Fae, Skuld, and O.

Edited by lookingglass

Les Bijoux

Wearing: I can smell the frankincense and myrrh, but it's very subtle...the red apple sneaks up very gently, not that sharp headache-inducing watery apply...and then i detect hint of dark juicy red rose. I dont smell the white peach (yet), but my god, the blend is simply beautiful!!!(and sexy, but in a very sophisticated, maybe even in the fragile way , it's not a loud spicy siren type of sexy!)

Drydown: The honey comes out bit more and i still dont smell peach.

Final thought: Need to get a 5ml ASAP. Wear this on a date with your husand/bf/SO..i think this will drive men wild :P

Mimosatique

It really smells like there is jasmine in this, although it's not listed. Jasmine goes really nasty on me. I recognize this scent which ruins every blend for me that contains it.

It almost seems like the bouquet for the red apple contains it. I smell the red apple but it has the sharpness of jasmine. There could also be apple blossom in this which is another note that doesn't work on me.

Either way, I have to be honest with myself that this doesn't work. I've tried it several times, telling myself that if I just keep it, it will one day smell like the lovely notes listed. It just smells bad on me. :P

When I first got into BPAL, the notes in this scent are exactly what I would have gone for: fruit, honey, rose. I've since discovered that most rose blends aren't spectacular on me, and fruit tends to overpower, especially peach and apple. Honey is hit or miss.

Then along comes Les Bijoux. I picked it up on a whim, tacked the imp onto a bottle sale I was getting from the forum. I figured I'd try it once, it would be pleasant but nothing great, and I'd likely pass it on. But, no. I really, really love it. Though this scent is really nothing like Sed Non Satiata, they both have that honey/skin musk combo that really, really do it for me. The peach behaves itself and the rose and apple are strangely complimentary in a way I'd not have expected. The frankincense and myrrh are not easy for me to pick out in this blend, but I think they are playing a part in grounding it all, taming the fruits and florals, making the honey/musk combo richer and deeper.

Very, very nice. I am going to go take a shower and apply some serious Les Bijoux.

I love my imp of this - it's fresh with apple and peach, rounded out by the honey and musk. Absolutely stunning!

So of course I order a 5ml - and it smells very different to me. Tragically, the 5ml goes all rose and orange blossom on my skin, with only the barest hint of the fruity freshness of the imp. I've tried this at least three times with the same results. It's not bad as far as rose/orange blossom goes, but I'm just really missing the apple here. I guess I'll treasure my imp and send my bottle off to Swapville!

Vial: The resins and the skin musk are apparent at first sniff.

On: HEAVENLY! I'm so glad I tried this scent, it sounded right up my alley from the get-go. The skin musk and orange blossom and everything else are all apparent in their own time. Gorgeous from start to finish.

Overall: I LOVE this scent. I'm looking forward to wearing it over and over again :P

Edited by PixieSkull

First sniff: Bright apple and raw honey. Very, very fresh. I was expecting sex in an orchard based on the poem, but this is quite innocent.

Wearing: Wonderful soft warm musk shows up on my skin, wrapping the apples in velvet. Yum. Just yum.

Apple. Lots of apple. Unfortunately, this isn't the apple note that smells like a freshly cut apple - this apple smells like the fake apple in the Victoria's Secret apple shower gel. After a while the rose comes out, and the rose dominates for hours. Most of the scent dies after about three or four hours leaving a slightly fake apple note on my skin. This isn't terrible, but it's definitely not a winner.

Just got this in the mail...and ,as I collected my package from the mailbox on the way out the door to work last night, I took it with me.....during my shift I invited my male co-worker whom I've been slowly winning over to BPAL to come sniff all my new smellies! This was one he immediately loved in the bottle so I agreed to apply some for him to smell the changes (he's looking for a new scent for his girlfriend). I talked him into trying Greed on, even though he said he didn't like patchouli---he LOVED Greed on himself, btw....LOL!

In bottle--Very floral and expensive smelling.

On wet--the orange blossom and rose are heavy (I love orange blossom!)...the second time I applied (after I got home from work) I could really smell the peach as well. The apple is there for me, but faint.

Drying down--the honey jumps to the fore and wraps the florals in a warm, gentle embrace. I really am not getting any of the resins at all.....oh, wait.....there was a whiff of frankincense!.....wow! This is really a complex, pretty, VERY femme scent!

The throw is strong on me (according to co-workers) so don't need to use much.

And......after testing this on four separate male co-workers (as in making them smell it on me, not making them wear it...LOL!), the consensus was that this is a VERY sexy, feminine scent....and the initial co-worker who had me try it on is determined to get a bottle for his girlfriend....and a bottle of Greed for himself (LOL!.....I caught him furtively wrist sniffing when he thought I wasn't looking!!!!)

:P

Edit......!@#$#$%$&$%& LAB!!!! MUST NOT ORDER MORE 5MLS!!!!! sigh.....bpal will drive me to bankruptcy!!

Edited by Bulletslc

this blend, to me, smells like a “traditional” woman’s perfume. the rose is beautiful and seems to tie all the other notes together. it’s a little citrusy from the orange blossom, a little fruity from the peach, and a little sexy from the skin musk. i can’t really smell any myrrh or frankincense. i think this is another one of those scents that is so complex that it’s impossible to pick out every individual note. and it’s so finely blended that the orange blossom, which usually amps up on my skin, is restrained and seems to be in perfect harmony with the other notes. it’s strong and long-lasting, drying down to a rosy peach softened by the powdery skin musk. really nice.

In the bottle:

Sweet orange with some floral and fruit.

Wet:

Heady fruit and floral. It's a distinctive and odd combination, somehow. I don't think I like it... and yet I keep wanting to sniff it...

Dry down:

It's improving. Honey, rose, fruit... all the notes except the frankincense and myrrh :P Actually, I can maybe barely pick up the frankincense. It's very distinctive and well-blended, hard to pick out anything other than "sweet" and "floral" and "essence of fruit" (it's definitely not an artificial bright fruity flavor, more like a room with some peeled fruit in it).

Final thoughts:

I really can't decide what I think of this! Is it sensual? Maaaaaybe... but not in the way I'd usually think. Is it sophisticated? Surprisingly, yes. I find myself wishing the honey were stronger, but at the same time, I think stronger honey would be repulsive. It's nice, but I'm going to reserve my final judgment for awhile.

Bottle: fruity, especially the peach, and I think I can smell the honey. Really, really sweet but not in a floral way.

Self wet: peachy keen, a nice sweet summery smell, the fruit really comes out. No myrrh or frankincense that I can tell, musk is a nice balance to sweetness. Dries really sweet and pretty light. Rose shows itself after a bit and adds to the fruit rather nicely. I can't stop sniffing self.

After work: had to come home and douse self with more. I really love this scent. This time wet smelled like crisp green apples and honey. Perfect summer smell.

Next day: I still smell ever so slightly of honeyed musk in a really nice way. Yum.

Overall: gonna get a bottle if I'm not too loaded up on LEs. Even in winter this smell will remind me of summer so I think I could wear it anytime.

Both the description and the notes are irresistable...had to order this one. It's gorgeous on--like a version of Fae I can actually wear!!! *applause* Fae was so heartbreaking on me. Les Bijoux is softly, lusciously fruity, but with my beloved rose instead of my enemy heliotrope, and that sweet sexy kiss of honey. Yum. What a perfect, juicy summer blend.

Seven imps in, and I'm starting to recognize what works for me and what doesn't.

Fruity doesn't work for me. Not that I dislike fruit —au contraire!— but in the blends they tend to go rather sweet and sickly on me. My loss.

I do, however, love the prominent honey dazzle at the beginning. My sweetie liked it, too.

I'd love to smell this on someone it works for. Maybe it's time for me to jump into the swapping pool?

Rose n'honey. This reminds me alot of Sed Non satia. It's the musk/honey floral combo, and this really really works on my skin. It has pretty good throw too, I need more blends that have throw. It's really indescribable, it's mostly sweet and lightly floral. I'm going to have to choose between this or Sed Non Satia to get a bottle of.

B+

in the vial: kiwi and apple

on me: a little like Hesperides with a green apple

later: green apple basic. Imp worthy, bottle consideration. Rounded sweet apple. The rounding scents are not identifiable to me, just seem to be part of that green apple.

Wet: Musk and frankincense+myrrh.

First on: Ooh, peachy and orange blossoms! But layered with musk and myrrh (frankincense seems to have taken a step back).

Dry: An absolutely beautiful rose comes out to mingle with the juicy fruit, and all of it is layered over a smoky musk backdrop. This is great, even for those of us who aren't traditionally rose-lovers. :P

In the imp: Honey (almost like Anubis), rose and orange. The orange is unusually strong.

Wet: Honey and rose, with a dash of orange.

Drydown and wear: Unlike most honey blends, this one did not go wonky, so even though I couldn't smell the resin notes, I think they were definitely there in the background. The three main notes sort of take turns pairing off with each other--after the honey/rose sequence comes a orange/honey bit and then a final orange/rose drydown. The rose note lasts the longest on my skin. This actually turned out a lot better than I thought it would, but oranges are always a bit candied on me, and it's not a smell that I'm too fond of, so this one's being swapped.